• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Fury

Smash Apprentice
OMG LOOK WOLFIE!!!! I POSTED ITS A MIRACLE

Man im on the computer and everything and well im coming for sure:) But I wont be to good cuase i have no compitition cuase everyone graduated.

Daniel Cake san email at armybrats8@aol.com cuase Im picking u up so ur coming to this with me for sure.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm up for Super Mario 64 4x4, on someone else's DS! The DS won't be released in Europe till at least February, so this would be a nice chance to try the system. I might even buy one while in Texas if I have the money since they're supposedly region free and use the same charger as the SP, which eliminates my two biggest concerns about importing (Power suply and playing European games).

I'm also up for some Halo 2, if I ever get Live (which would require buying a router that isn't from the stoneage and therefor actually allows me to connect to Live) or if they're playing it at MOAST. I've been playing it on the LAN at home quite a bit, and I'm not completely terrible. I won't spend to much time with it at MOAST though, I'm mainly there for Smash.

Also, who wants to play me at MOAST? I'm up for **** near anything Smash related you can think of.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Well, since this might be the only chance I'll see MrSilver in person, I'd like to ask you for a match or two if you don't mind. Sorry, it's that I'm trying to play all the guys I never played or had a chance to play with since this might possibly be my last smash tournament I will attend. No more competitive smash for me after MOAST 3, only casual. I gotta start thinking about my studys and crap like that.

School...

Plus, working takes time out of your social life too...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Darkness, you need to play me and Alucard so we can decide who has the best Zelda in Texas. That is, if you're interested. Alucard and I already have a $5 ditto I think.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
AGREE'D

But really you only need to beat me for the title, since I can beat Alucard.

Who will claim the title of best Zelda in Texas? The Gentile, or the Jew? Find out at MOAST3...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
pokemon battles??

i've been pkmning since day one..and Netbattled for years....and i'll even arrogantly rate myself as one of the best online, having pretty much equaled out wins w/ all the famous, highest rated players.
Why am i not famous?...cuz i don't enter the online tourneys.
Either way....i don't have any 100s on ruby(i got bored after i beat it..and i'm not going to devote myself to the wasted life, i did on gold)
but i'll own anyone in the old GS(w/ my selectrion of 50 raised lv.100s)(other then that...u can netbattle me for RS/rby)

and i'll bring metroidprime2...i'll play anyone in the no skills-multiplayer mode.
and im' deffinately up for mk:DD, even though i quit playing it, while back.
Mario 64 DS...bleh...i find it hard to imagine how the multiplayer can really be good =_=
i imagine it like DonkeyKong64....w/out the weapons, lol..horrible >.<

I challenge anyone to PuyoPop fever! >:O
just try take on my old skool years of 'kirby's avalanche' built skillz!11

and LA >>>>> TX
*runs*

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Originally posted by meleemasterx
pokemon battles??

i've been pkmning since day one..and Netbattled for years....and i'll even arrogantly rate myself as one of the best online, having pretty much equaled out wins w/ all the famous, highest rated players.
Why am i not famous?...cuz i don't enter the online tourneys.
Either way....i don't have any 100s on ruby(i got bored after i beat it..and i'm not going to devote myself to the wasted life, i did on gold)
but i'll own anyone in the old GS(w/ my selectrion of 50 raised lv.100s)(other then that...u can netbattle me for RS/rby)

and i'll bring metroidprime2...i'll play anyone in the no skills-multiplayer mode.
and im' deffinately up for mk:DD, even though i quit playing it, while back.
Mario 64 DS...bleh...i find it hard to imagine how the multiplayer can really be good =_=
i imagine it like DonkeyKong64....w/out the weapons, lol..horrible >.<

I challenge anyone to PuyoPop fever! >:O
just try take on my old skool years of 'kirby's avalanche' built skillz!11

and LA >>>>> TX
*runs*
Whats your screename for Netbattle? And you say your good. We shall see. Mwhaha!

And what are you talking about? Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer takes no skills? Your probably being sarcastic. And how can you diss Donkey Kong 64? Its like one of the 3 best N64 games out there. <_<

gore

Smash Journeyman
Yo Mr. C, lets have a $5 falco ditto best 2 of 3. You'll likes it.

Oh yeah, Electricmouse, lets have a $5 pika ditto or friendly if you want, I'm finally getting back into teh pikanominon.

Devil Caleb...:beezo:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
my netbattle names are Cyphus or TehCyphinat0r for the most part..i don't play as nearly as much as i used too, but i still got da skitlz.
my aims, TotalMelee..IM me whenever so we can netbattle..
i hope u play by standard rules like sleepclause.....i prefer to play basic standards, minus excessive use of blis,skarm,celebi, ect.
but if u wanna play anything goes...or UU teams..i have pairings other styles as well.
and i dis metroid prime 2 multiplayer because of The Randomizer...it ruins it for me...can u say MARIO KART??...a serious shooter shouldn't be haxed w/ a random power-"UP" that half the time, actually makes ur worse...like the retarted deathball....
all they have to do is jump on something and shoot u til u die.
and Hacker mode...is dumb...the time it takes to scan someone..u could have killed them....but leaving u defenseless literally.

outside of that though, infin. ammo...and invisibily and stuff rock as power ups go.
but its still just random..and u get freagin' deathball more than anything else, which screws u over.

and dk64 is an exellent 64 game...just the battle mode, was lame...there was no need to pursue any target...cuz after u hit them..they became invincible for seconds..so the WHOLE game is a matter of hit and run(wait there them to return vulnerable)....
and i'm saying mario64ds will prolly be alot similar..except no guns..so its literally run up..punch and trot away, which would suck.
but i hope they make it better than that.

oh yeah...and MOAST3 will make u cream ur pance

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
DK 64 rocks! The multiplayer run away tactics were cheap, but the game was still mad fun. I was mainly talking about the Main game. And only thing I dont like about Metroid Prime 2 is that its not online. The randomness doesnt bother me, it would be broken if it wasnt randomized, camping near the items you want and all would be cheap. My 2 netbattle names is RYAN and Ryan Reincarnated. As for the rules, no 00bers, 2 legendaries at max, sleep clause, no OHKO, everything else is fine for me. I think Ive seen your name before, I used to be really popular in the past in netbattle cause I beat this one PokeGod when everyone doubted me, I believe his name was Mana Lugia. And after that I had lots of rivals, but I havent played in like a whole 9 months.<_<

MOAST3 will give you wet dreams... :******:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
tvsian.com/netbattle/ is the site where u can download it (under downloads) at top
they may not have the RS versions up in that version..so u can go to the forums to get it.
Netbattle is like this..
u design ur teams..all lv.100.. all pokemon stats are made to be the best they can be.
u can create as many teams as u want, and save them...u pretty just pick pokes, items, names, and moves....(and for R/S..u need to manipulate their stats and personality for them to be effective)
then u go into chatrooms and challenge each other.
yeah, mana lugia is like the guy who MADE netbattle...(or has close ties w/ the guy who does...my memory is off today) so he's knows his stuff. I hadn't run into him in eons...but the few fights we've made, were very good

and poor moast3 getting attention 2nd, to netbattle, in its own thread XD
oh well..don't worry..
cuz moast3 will rock so hard, u'll slap ur momma with a wet noodle

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Eh, I'll do some friendlies but I don't really like doing dittos.

They make me feel bad about my skills if I lose to my own character. >_>

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad E-mouse. I always lose Fox dittoes cuz my fox is so scrub. My Link and Yoshi are my best. Oh, also, I'll be coming to Austin on Friday for sure since I have to do the Corp march in. Maybe, if its possible, maybe I can spend the night at one of Austinites houses...DCX, or E-mouse, or J-freak, or someone.

Kofox

Smash Journeyman
I never thought I would consider going to texas for a smash tournament, but I actually am. If I can get a few buds of mine to come with me so I am not embaressed and we can actually represent illinois with some high finishes. If eddies goin, I know I'll have a better chance of convincing them to tag along too.

Plus the more out of state people, the more fun the tournament usually is. I'll never forget FC. But ya, just givin ya some heads up on some possible more out of state shows to represent the Midwest.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
They have tournaments online, which is fun. Its fun cause there is so much trash talking, at least when I was on. I only play RS version.

and poor moast3 getting attention 2nd, to netbattle, in its own thread XD
oh well..don't worry..
cuz moast3 will rock so hard, u'll slap ur momma with a wet noodle
:laugh: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Electricmouse
Eh, I'll do some friendlies but I don't really like doing dittos.

They make me feel bad about my skills if I lose to my own character. >_>
I don't like ditto matches because i invariably lose track of my character and kill myself way more than the other person kills me. X_x;; i should practiece some ditto matches, so I'll stop doing that, maybe...

Guys, ionno if i'll be able to come to MOAST3 now... Unless there's someone out there willing to give me a lift up ther and back from Houston? Very complicated situation over here... fluffy would love it if someone would help her cuz she really wants to go! :(

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well it is confirmed I will be going to MOAST with a few other floridians...

so um yea...who wants to put money up vs good ol cloud?

I will money match anyone in texas...:p

This is my price range -

Ditto's - 5$
main character - 10$
Secondary's - 5$

:p can't wait...can't wait...

so yea I will be doing money matches as long as I have some money...:p

or I do free matches but this is just my $$$ requirements...this doesn't mean you haaaave to money match me :rolleyes:

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by fluffy-sama
Guys, ionno if i'll be able to come to MOAST3 now... Unless there's someone out there willing to give me a lift up ther and back from Houston? Very complicated situation over here... fluffy would love it if someone would help her cuz she really wants to go! :(
I think the Houstonians are all doing a caravan on Friday to go to Dallas. I know Scav, Sint, and I expressed interest, and I know Scav and I both have cars. I'll have 2 seats available (my woman and my brother are coming to this), sooooo . . . yeah.

Does anyone else from the Houston area need a lift? My parents live in The Woodlands, so I could actually pick up anyone in the northern area of Houston (Spring, Conroe, etc.). Set up your own housing, though.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Swen, I know you said you'd play some free matches guarenteed with me and dcx, but I might want to do a money match as well. Again, it all depends on what I have left after the $ matches I want to do first.

And Daniel, I'll see if you can spend the night at my place. It will probably depend on whether my aunt&uncle who are coming down from Arlington leave on Friday or not. I guess it's also possible that we could both stay w/dcx, but you would have to check w/him.

BTW dcx, do you have any idea if we could get together today or tomorrow and maybe another time over the break?

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
Cloud

i will take up those bets

Primary

secondary

ditto

When do you get on xbox live i am getting on right now Message me a friend invite. My name is robfalco on xbox live

ROBFALCO

ALso to everyone i'll play anyone for fun. Just ask i wanna play alot of people. for sure if you want to get a match in with me you'll get one this time. If you ask i guaranteed it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Kofox??? well i might be coming too, who else do you think might come?

if i do come though i most likely won't be doing teams, i don't think i'm doing teams anymore.

my chances of coming would be much higher if the low tier tourney were double elimination. in low tier at FoB3 i was beaten in the 2nd round and ended up getting 2nd place, in single elim i would have gotten 2nd-to-last place, see what i mean?

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: Cloud

Originally posted by ROBFALCO
i will take up those bets

Primary

secondary

ditto

When do you get on xbox live i am getting on right now Message me a friend invite. My name is robfalco on xbox live

ROBFALCO

ALso to everyone i'll play anyone for fun. Just ask i wanna play alot of people. for sure if you want to get a match in with me you'll get one this time. If you ask i guaranteed it.
lol wow I heard that texans are str8 up beasts in halo2 lol...I suck in FPS but im always open to play....

I will be on mostly all night tonight if I am not out...just add me to your aim I will flicker on or off sooner or later...

lol and rob str8 lemme geusse your secondary is marth right? Robmarth??

:chuckle: np

As for JF lol yo I really don't wanna sound like im forcing money matches out of you.... but if you want just speak up...I don't really walk str8 up to people and beg for money matches so you gotta remind me.....

lol hopefully I get my own tv like at tg :rolleyes: godness...great memories....*Sighs* I wish I could replay them...

Oh yea btw is ratking gonna make it to this....we gotta hang out again yo...and is rune coming? As well as ashley?

I know germ is gonna make it....well anyhow im out gg peace out...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Sorry AOB, we already have 100+ people expressing interest and if all showed up, there would not be near enough time to do another double elimination

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
making low tier double elimination wont help you jfreak ;)

i dont know we will see, i really doubt we will have the time to do double elmination

better start workin on teams ^^

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Cloud- if you know who Zyos is (the best HALO player in the world) he is in the next town over from where MOAST 3 is going to be. Also the location of MOAST 3 (Tru-Gamerz) has one of the top ranked HALO 2 clans in the world, so there is plenty of competition.

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
ROBMARTH

LOL

Nah thats not even one of my main

this is my order

FALCO
Sheik
Fox
CF
Doctor mario
Marth