• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
QUOTE=nealdt;2861891]Want a Pokémon Tourney?
Interested in competing in a Pokemon Diamond tournament? A $5 entry fee would buy you into a Swiss bracket using Smogon rules, competing for a 60/30/10% payout. Interested? Then do the following:
  • Go to http://tia.nealpro.com and register for an account (or sign in if you already have one).
  • Once signed in, visit the Super Champ Combo page.
  • Vote in the poll on the left!
  • Make sure you're registered as planning to attend.
We will be gauging interest in a Pokemon tourney through the above polling method only. The decision whether to run the tournament will depend entirely on the # of people voting 'yes', so please take 2 minutes to voice your opinion![/QUOTE]

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Rule

This will be the rule if we decide to hold one

Best of 1 and best of 3 in the finals (winner's, loser's and the final showdown)

Single or double elimination (depending on how many people enter)

6vs6 Single Battle Format, and levels are to be set at 100 (if Wi-Fi is available)

Player are allowed to do their battles on either Pokémon Battle Revolution on the Nintendo Wii or use the Nintendo DS. Both players must agree to play on Pokémon Battle Revolution because it does reveal teams and does change the battle format to a Stadium Mode.

Players are allowed to switch Pokémon throughout each round. So, you could replace your Bidoof during R1 for a Mudkip in R2.

Sleep Clause - your opponent can only put 1 pokemon asleep in ur team one at a time. Of course, you using rest and another pokemon asleep by ur opponent is fine.

Species Clause - No same pokemon can be use in the same team

Self-KO Clause (if you use Explosion/Selfdestruct/another move that KOs you and it's your last pokemon out, you lose 100% of the time, even if your opponent dies too)

OHKO ban (Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine)

Evasion ban (any move that specifically increases evasion: Double Team, Minimize, etc. Things like Sand Veil are fine)

The following pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus (all types), Wobbuffet, and Manaphy.

This will be the rules and nothing will change unless something game braking is discover by then.

p.s. I recommend u have ur pokemon at level 100 just in case there's no wifi for u to use and u dun want to use the pbr (if we even have one)
Everything else is allowed.

Eggz

Smash Hero
MM @ DBR folk
MM @ Baysian folk
MM @ attractive asian female folk
MM @ Zoap
MM @ EC folk
MM @ pro folk

every mm is assumed at 5$, PM me for one.

araknophobik

Smash Master
So my Marth just ***** Fabians everything pretty badly.

I dont even have a marth, right Alan?
luigi was just having one of those days where his marth is actually playing well
*sigh* he read me pretty well...and i was being too predictable
days like these i feel like quitting cuz luigi pisses me off
meh my peach will win next time we play

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
SOMEONE GET KOREANDJ TO THIS ****!

Every other great smasher will be there and I reealllly want to watch his fox in action.

From a fellow Dan: Plz come to this KDJ :-)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

ill MM people $5-10

ken you never responded, $25 sheik vs marth, put your money where your mouth is
ken has nothing to prove to you. Hes already kicked your *** countless times. Why dont you put a triple deluxe burger in your mouth like you always do.

maybe next time if you dont talk **** so much and have respect for good players they will play you.

Brookman

Smash Hero
ken has nothing to prove to you. Hes already kicked your *** countless times. Why dont you put a triple deluxe burger in your mouth like you always do.

maybe next time if you dont talk **** so much and have respect for good players they will play you.
Yea, I'm a big fan of complacency myself. In fact, why don't we all ride on past achievements.

Man, I'm glad the founding fathers wrote the bill of rights. *sits on *** for rest of life*

If he's beaten him so handily in the past why not do it again?

no ****ing johns.

edit: I don't really care that much, just trying to stir up some good **** for the tournament.

chillindude829

Smash Master
ROLL! GRAB!

;):laugh:
LOL yeah neo has trained me in that matchup all too well

mana, do you really need to resort to personal insults all the time? you and ken seem to love insisting that "its only a game", and then you make fun of people's appearances. if its just a game and you guys dont care that much, why do you get so pissed that you have to make fun of my weight?

i was talking to ken, and mana responded yet again. and you wonder why people call you ken's shadow?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol it is just a game

LOL yeah neo has trained me in that matchup all too well

mana, do you really need to resort to personal insults all the time? you and ken seem to love insisting that "its only a game", and then you make fun of people's appearances. if its just a game and you guys dont care that much, why do you get so pissed that you have to make fun of my weight?

i was talking to ken, and mana responded yet again. and you wonder why people call you ken's shadow?
it is a game chillin however with you for some odd reason you keep making fun of my brothers teeth even after he got braces. Sorry, but whatever happened to the agreement you made with ken without involving insults or personal attacks? With you its not a game and weve learned that otherwise every tournament you wouldnt be screaming bull****.

Plus you keep bringing up the idea that im kens shadow? looks like brookman is your shadow. Ken is my bro, If I defend him its because were family.

with respect to nealdt, mlg, and others im going to stop responding. I rather keep this thread spam free.

chillindude829

Smash Master
it is a game chillin however with you for some odd reason you keep making fun of my brothers teeth even after he got braces. Sorry, but whatever happened to the agreement you made with ken without involving insults or personal attacks? With you its not a game and weve learned that otherwise every tournament you wouldnt be screaming bull****.
I've never ever made a personal insult to you or Ken without one of you saying something about me first. Obviously if you make fun of me personally I'm not just gonna sit back and take it.

And that agreement was broken when Ken insulted Azen for no particular reason, after Azen had nothing but compliments for him.

manacloud1 said:
Plus you keep bringing up the idea that im kens shadow? looks like brookman is your shadow. Ken is my bro, If I defend him its because were family.
How are you defending Ken? I asked him for a money match, I wasn't attacking him.

manacloud1 said:
with respect to nealdt, mlg, and others im going to stop responding. I rather keep this thread spam free.
Translation: Chillin is making good points, I better stop posting so I don't have to look like an idiot.

I didn't insult you or Ken, mana, I was just asking Ken for a MM. Then you came in and flamed me for no particular reason. That's not exactly showing respect to nealdt or MLG.

Brookman

Smash Hero
In my experience, I've found mana to be fallacious to the extreme. I don't know whether he does it purposefully, but either way, since we're on an internet forum it works.

GG mana.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
luigi was just having one of those days where his marth is actually playing well
*sigh* he read me pretty well...and i was being too predictable
days like these i feel like quitting cuz luigi pisses me off
meh my peach will win next time we play
no johns, my Falcon beat his Marth.

chillindude829

Smash Master
LOL @ Ken. You don't have to respond to me specifically, you can tell your brother to accept the money match for you. The point is you offered a $25 Marth vs Sheik match to Plank, so why not accept one from me? Don't tell me you're afraid.

chaddd

Smash Lord
LOL @ Ken. You don't have to respond to me specifically, you can tell your brother to accept the money match for you. The point is you offered a $25 Marth vs Sheik match to Plank, so why not accept one from me? Don't tell me you're afraid.
Yeah, he wouldn't money match me at Evo, either. :(, sephirothken, :(.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Im so gonna try and make this! if i do HELLS YEAH I WANT POKEMON! i will shred up the competition. too bad it wasnt waaaay back in the rby days....no competition :)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
no to tell you the honest truth, I don't want to be associated with you in any way. Meaning at SCC, i hope not to see you, talk to you, or hear you in anyway. Sometimes there are people in this world who you can't stand. Apparently you are one of those people to me, so therefore avoiding you as much as possible would be best for me and making my tournament experience a better one.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This is in 3 weeks! :D

Everyone should vote yes for Pokemon here!

Veg_smashed

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he just doesn't want to sit next to a fat kid and listen to him insult everything

emerican

Smash Ace
i dont get why anyone is trying to jump into the whole ken and chillin drama... that rivalry has been around longer than most of us even knew how to L-cancle. just leave it alone.

p.s. GO KEN!!! lol :)

Veg_smashed

Smash Apprentice
no to tell you the honest truth, I don't want to be associated with you in any way. Meaning at SCC, i hope not to see you, talk to you, or hear you in anyway. Sometimes there are people in this world who you can't stand. Apparently you are one of those people to me, so therefore avoiding you as much as possible would be best for me and making my tournament experience a better one.
bah dont worry ken... ill be there

Im going to iraq in what.... 5 months.. i really dont have anything to lose.. going back there is worse than hell so i could break all his fingers :D then he would have to master the game with his feet.. but know this is almost impossible for the fact his toes are like big sausages

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Threats of violence will not be tolerated in this thread or at the tournament. Do not repeat them or you might find yourself unwelcome at the event.

Thank you.

chaddd

Smash Lord
lol ken doesn't usually mm. get off his nuts. every time i ask him for a friendly he is always up for it.
Actually it sounds like YOU need to get off Ken's nuts.

What a b*tch john. You're afraid to get beaten in front of everyone, and insulting chillin doesn't prove a thing. If you were truly hot sh*t and didn't like him, I'd think you'd want to embarrass him like any normal person would. But it's cool, because even after all those personal attacks...

...more people like chillin than you and your fraudulent tournaments.

Man up and take this dude's money or silence that defensive sh*t talk and let it be.

chaddd

Smash Lord
and now we know who'se on chillins nuts.
Wow what a creative answer. So that means you have Ken's on request? Quit acting like chillin did anything, or that I'm choosing sides. I just think that you lose that cool factor from being number 1 when you **** talk EVERYONE and steal over 7000 dollars from your own tournament.

You know, this is true for about 90% of all smashers. It's the chaddd sephirothken theory:

Based on your smash performance and personal qualities, Ken most likely does not like you.

It's strange how so many people like to pretend to be his friend just so they can feel cooler knowing a top player. Know a cool top player? PC Chris. Ken just seems to talk sh*t and further an elitist viewpoint at all times.

And you know what? I know d*mn well how much flaming this will cause, but guess what? I don't care. Smash brothers is a game, and what people think of me because of what I think of Ken is not all that important to me. So in the end, you must be seriously on someone's nuts if you decide to flame me about some sh*t I'm not even going to give any thought for the rest of the day. Good job, smashboards.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i dont get why anyone is trying to jump into the whole ken and chillin drama... that rivalry has been around longer than most of us even knew how to L-cancle. just leave it alone.
Amen. Why are people so unable to stick to the issues? Chillin's offered mm to Ken doesn't mean personal insults or other people jumping in have to get involved. It's a mm. Take it or leave it. Whether you take it or leave it both say something. I'd personally love to see it though because I like Chillin's Sheik :)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Amen. Why are people so unable to stick to the issues? Chillin's offered mm to Ken doesn't mean personal insults or other people jumping in have to get involved. It's a mm. Take it or leave it. Whether you take it or leave it both say something. I'd personally love to see it though because I like Chillin's Sheik :)
I know this. I don't really have a huge problem with Ken. I also found Chillin very friendly at Evo. I was only responding to that personal attack from Ken towards Chillin, either provoked or not. I don't really care because I see no reason for personal attacks on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom