• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll probably be moving in two weeks. But I already live like 20 minutes away, so I can drive out there to play :)

As for the tourney, would people be interested in doing a side Pokemon tourney for raffle tickets? Neal said we could do it if there's a sufficient amount of support :)

peachori

Smash Journeyman
oh **** if there's a side pokemon tournament i may be totally forced to go to this.
also, **** riverside and the always packed 91 east. ***** me hardcore everyday home from work zzzz

Charoo

Smash Champion
oh **** if there's a side pokemon tournament i may be totally forced to go to this.
also, **** riverside and the always packed 91 east. ***** me hardcore everyday home from work zzzz
we're still thinking about it. We want to do it but we also don't want to delay the smash tourney.

The rules would be the standard rules 6v6.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha its an on campus appartment, i'd love to but i think it'll be impossible unfortunately.

i'll find out if i can have on in our gym or something xD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nealdt, I'm having trouble finding where to register on the MLG site. I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere in this thread, but 33 pages @15 posts a page is a lot to sift through. Any help, please?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Alright. So we just wait to register? Haha, I just don't want to risk getting screwed outta going or anything. I'm not 100% sure I can yet, but I'm setting aside money for it, so yeah.

Also, what's the word on showers/do we have to pay extra for food/venues?

EDIT: I'd be down for teh pokeymangz. I use a save file backed up on an R4, as long as that's cool, I'm more than elated to participate.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
wompwomp

Anyone want to team and drive me from the airport?

Also, I think the crew battle should be CA vs. whoever thinks they can take us. How many people is it?

Just think:

Ken
SilentSpectre
HugS
King
DSF

Gaytron would have to reassemble to beat them. lol

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Nealdt, I'm having trouble finding where to register on the MLG site. I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere in this thread, but 33 pages @15 posts a page is a lot to sift through. Any help, please?
We are finalizing the last few details as we speak... reg should be up late this week/early next. We will have links and all that good stuff for u then

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
We are finalizing the last few details as we speak... reg should be up late this week/early next. We will have links and all that good stuff for u then
Sounds good :)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Remember Super Smash Royale 3 from Nexus Gaming...
Same Venue,
I believe they had a friendlies room, no use of tournaments in there, My question, Will there be a friendlies room at this one? :)
In order for us to make the tournament run as past and effective as possible, we would need every single equipment we can use. So, I would have to say no.

Of course after the tournament is over or if you decide to stay the night, you will be able to paly some friendlies.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
In order for us to make the tournament run as past and effective as possible, we would need every single equipment we can use. So, I would have to say no.

Of course after the tournament is over or if you decide to stay the night, you will be able to paly some friendlies.
I understand why,
looks like im spending the night there :laugh:

yeah... is there any chance to make the top 8 a round robin instead of a regular bracket?

There are way too many good teams that all need to play each other coming to this fine event.
That's what I'm saying.
On a side not: Me and DJ Combo will be accepting 2v2 MMs.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Sorry for the silly question but....In this kind of tournaments........ how the winning brackets meet with the loser bracket players?

This is what i dont understand....
for exaple if i lose my bracket, im not directly eliminated but i go to another battle against anotehr loser of another bracket?

If it is that way....what happens if i win the loser bracet? I can return to fight against the winners of the brackets again? ill evetually reac the final or the tournie if i continue winning the losers bracket or what?.

Im so confused!

Help greatly apreciated.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ermmm really?

ok maybe i not properly pointed the question....lemme try again... im not english speaker as you se :p

ok.... lets say there are 4 brackets----- each letter reprent a guy

a vs b ---------- c vs d----------- f vs g ---------------- h vs i

winners bracket

a vs c ------f vs h

losers bracket

b vs d ------ g vs i

THEN

a vs f

b vs g

then the final

a vs b

IS THIS RIGHT?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah... is there any chance to make the top 8 a round robin instead of a regular bracket?

There are way too many good teams that all need to play each other coming to this fine event.
Only if PC/Cort and Azen/Chillen come :).

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fair warning: we will likely be charging a $2 venue fee to play/spectate at the tournament. This money will be used to rent a portable A/C unit (it's probably going to be rather hot), buy some neato raffle prizes, and help pay gas money for people who provide rides to/from airports. Any money that's left over will be used to buy free drinks and snacks for everyone.

We aren't trying to rip anyone off. We're just asking for a small fee from everyone to help make the tournament a more enjoyable experience :).

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Fair warning: we will likely be charging a $2 venue fee to play/spectate at the tournament. This money will .... help pay gas money for people who provide rides to/from airports. Any money that's left over will be used to buy free drinks and snacks for everyone.
I like the sound of this.

Question: why no low tier? :(

araknophobik

Smash Master
for all those woh are curious...
nealdt =/= manacloud

2 dollars at the venue will go to good things toward the tournament
i especially like the sound of gas money for those picking people up at the airport
that way its not like im wasting time and money, just time =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom