• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Petoo, you better go, I'll be in Berzerkeley too but I'll make it down for this, regardless. Count me in for a TV (lol Oscar has it, I left it there, but I still want the tickets!), a wii w/ smash, a power strip and possibly a fan. Cannot fuking wait for this.

PS I would love to MM your Samoose, Hayato. Man, if I wish I lived in SoCal so I could house awesome players lol.

MCP0

Smash Rookie
i can bring a tv to
put me on the list for a wii tv and gears and 360 peace marine dogs

araknophobik

Smash Master
why play the beta
isn't the actual halo 3 game gonna be out by the time this tourny happens?
o **** i forgot all about halo 3
i might be too busy playing it to even remember about this tourny =////

HeadISBAgent

Smash Apprentice
Petoo, you better go, I'll be in Berzerkeley too but I'll make it down for this, regardless. Count me in for a TV (lol Oscar has it, I left it there, but I still want the tickets!), a wii w/ smash, a power strip and possibly a fan. Cannot fuking wait for this.

PS I would love to MM your Samoose, Hayato. Man, if I wish I lived in SoCal so I could house awesome players lol.
Hey, do you go to the Smash Bears Biweeklies? And how are you makin it down to the tourney?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Um, why would we be playing Halo at a Regional Smash tournament? We are going to need all the TVs we can get to be dedicated to smash. You can't just set up your own TV with Halo and start playing -_-

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
You guys are WAY of topic. FOCUS ON SMASH CHAMP! Oh, and JTB, if my bro quits out on me, i'll partner up with you. My mains are Falco, Roy, and Zelda/Sheik, and no prior Jigg partner.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
****, super champ is looking too good. Last time I came to check out this thread it only had like 5 pages.

This is going to be a lot of fun.

petoo0

Smash Ace

lol. well i'm already for sure. how are you getting there?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I DEMAND to take part in the Pichu challenge :D
If me and Delphiki are going, there will be a Pichu challenge!
Gimpy, you still have to go through the Pichu machine, you didn't get to at OC3!

$ick

Smash Lord
But we're local True, my assumption is that people staying at the venue are the ones who have no choice for it. I'll probably stay at the venue for a while but definitely gonna go home to get a shower though. ^_^

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

is there gonna be a gay lockdown like OC3 did? close the doors and no one gets in or out at a certain time
how can lockdowns be gay?

well oc3 did a lockdown only to make sure people dont start loiterring around other peoples businesses. You need to understand in california especially having people sleep over at a place, especially with lots of people, can cause lots of noise, especially if sleeping there isn't allowed. If the cops find out they basically bust the area and everyone goes home. Oc3 couldnt take that risk. We did it for the smashers sake so it wasn't gay on our behalf.

As for super champ combo nealdts holding it in a church that is isolated pretty much from businesses and some residents. I am sure its okay for no lockdown, however, as a host, lockdowns are necessary so no smasher tries something like leave in the middle of the night to go walk to get food.

Possibilities are endless, lockdowns are to prevent that to ease the host minds because they are already doing a lot worrying about their tournament. They dont need a bunch of smashers going out side getting drunk and throwing fights or getting into fights with other residents etc. You never know what can happen.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

hypothetically speaking -just to go get food or something like in the middle of the night. I meant something like some smasher decides to go leave the venue and j walk then a car hits him. Chances are if he's from another state and hes underage like 15, mlg will be responsible for his actions. His parents would sue if anything.

another another note if lets say more than one person decides to leave the venue and now you got a bunch of kids walking the streets at night. Someone is going to be suspicious.

araknophobik

Smash Master
as much as i hate to admit it
the banana kinda has a point

at FC they had a security guard at the door at night during "lock down" hours but we still went outside to smoke and such but not really walk around...there's nothing open in indiana past like 10pm haha

Although there are fast food joints within walking distance, San Bernardino isn't exactly the safest place...walking to burger king wont be so bad in the day but i honestly recommend for safety purposes if you want denny's or something at night you find someone with a car that will drive you there.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
just wish there was a option for people over the age of 18 to walk in or out of the venue so they can avoid the lockdown. but most likely not, oh well

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Any official word yet on what the crew battle will be? It's looking like more people are going for SoCal vs NorCal.

I think SoCal's current top 8 are solid choices for the crew battle because of their variety of characters:

1) Ken -Marth
2) Hugs - Samus
3) DSF - Sheik
4) Edrees - Peach
5) Mango - Jigglypuff
6) Knivez - Fox
7) Boa - Marth
8) Romeo - Captain Falcon
9)
10)

9 and 10 - I think Mana might make a good choice after his performance in the crew battle at 0C3. I guess the last people should be decided based off of what the NorCal list would potentially look like.

Or we could do a crew battle: Mexicans vs The World. Just kidding.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
1) Ken -Marth
2) Hugs - Samus
3) DSF - Sheik
4) Edrees - Peach
5) Mango - Jigglypuff
6) Knivez - Fox
7) Boa - Marth
8) Romeo - Captain Falcon
9)
10)

9 and 10 - I think Mana might make a good choice after his performance in the crew battle at 0C3. I guess the last people should be decided based off of what the NorCal list would potentially look like.
*coughcoughgaspwheezecough*

;P

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Haha. Well, it would be nice to see ROFL (Luigi) or Azn Lep (Ice Climbers) or Trevyn (Link) or Gabe (Yoshi) be on the list and of course it would be nice to see a really really really good Bowser...... but I'm not sure Arash's Bowser is coming to this tournament.

JUST KIDDING!! It's a joke. Actually, I did think of you Gimpy. But I'm sure SoCal would like to see someone who lives and bleeds SoCal blood be up there in one of the last spots. But then again, I do not represent the opinion of the SoCal community so you never know. You might as well give it a shot and see what happens. Good luck though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha i dont have to be on it in all seriousness let the socal and norcal players play for their region, my ties will be limited at that point haha

but i always do well in crews, keep it in mind ;P

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going on vacation for the week, so I will be unable to answer any questions. Champ (Charoo) will be able to cover for me while I'm gone.

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm going on vacation for the week, so I will be unable to answer any questions. Champ (Charoo) will be able to cover for me while I'm gone.
we're doom

god help us.
god and America

I almost got champ combod in tournament today. The running kick, up tilt, up air all connected, but thanks to Smash DI, the up air sent me nowhere. Whew!
I decided to stop doing it cause it wasn't super =)

edit: on a serious note, either post here or pm me if it's important

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could drive to San Bernadino. I'm under 18 so i'm stuck... I guess I just have to wing it until the tounament starts. I am hoping to score in the top ten. If anyone is looking for friendlys/money matches, see either ICY or MAKO. Both my bro and I will be more than willing to take you on! This applies to both singles and doubles.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Where in Riverside do you live? I'll be willing to give you some practice once I move in over there sometime in the beginning of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom