• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Orlando Video Thread (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
mew2king is a boss in brawl and a boss in melee. He is the supercomputer, he is the final boss.

melee though very technical undoubtedly benefits the smarter player. lol top players, especially mango, m2k, armada, and others don't just dominate because of tech skill. if that was the case there are many people as technical or more technical than them that would dominate.

marth is not gay and boring, he has some sweet tricks and can't spam as much as other characters in brawl. def. a unique character. In melee, ken and especially m2k's marth is not boring to watch. in fact ken and m2k's marth have the most interesting sets or matches. congrats m2k!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I still say he has no chance of maintaining his rank with another character. You'd be surprised how much more challenging the game is when you have to put up with this little thing called lag and actually get punished for your mistakes. Not to mention losing the free passes on recovery and priority.

All the other characters are boring. I just want to move fast and overwhelm people. LMFAO. Whatever makes it easier, right? You don't even have the guts to challenge yourself, M2K. You have no interest in challenge. All you care about is winning, and that's why you have a bad rep for being a poor loser. All the little wannabe-you MK mains are the same.

I'd also like to take bets whether M2K keeps his word and continues maining MK after his inevitable nerf in the next game. I don't believe I've ever seen him play as Marth or Fox in Brawl.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol ur ********. ur talking about a hypothetical that can't possibly happen.
he doesn't have the experience with non mk that he does with mk. tell ally to win with mk how about that?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I still say he has no chance of maintaining his rank with another character. You'd be surprised how much more challenging the game is when you have to put up with this little thing called lag and actually get punished for your mistakes. Not to mention losing the free passes on recovery and priority.

All the other characters are boring. I just want to move fast and overwhelm people. LMFAO. Whatever makes it easier, right? You don't even have the guts to challenge yourself, M2K. You have no interest in challenge. All you care about is winning, and that's why you have a bad rep for being a poor loser. All the little wannabe-you MK mains are the same.

I'd also like to take bets whether M2K keeps his word and continues maining MK after his inevitable nerf in the next game. I don't believe I've ever seen him play as Marth or Fox in Brawl.
You're so dumb

M2K uses smash as a job (Idk why he doesn't get a real job but whatever), and it's also really fun for him. Why would he "challenge himself" that is the most scrub thing I've ever read all day. What bad rep does M2K have? There are like 2340824384093249327432742379472923432748247 people meat riding him on AiB & SWF. "Omg m2k mm me omg team with me hi help me with mk"
Just cus I play MK doesn't mean I'm a wanna-be M2K. No offence to jason but I want an actual career and not use smash for a job.

I play MK because:
- His sword is so fast and his speed is a lot of fun to play with
- He's my favorite character from the Kirby show.
- When he glides it kinda looks like a jet and I really like airplanes considering I want to be a Pilot when I grow up. (SL sounds like a jet lol)
- I like his recovery.

You are oblivious to the fact that M2K doesn't want to play smash for ONLY money, but also because he finds it fun and that is the whole point of a game, to have fun. The next smash game isn't gonna come out until years later, and M2K might even quit then. Marth is a lot slower in Brawl, you can't do what M2K does as melee Marth in brawl, that goes for Fox too. M2K barely even plays fox anymore anyway in Melee.

You're just a stupid *** scrub who goes around flaming people because you think they are "cheap" and "have no honor" give me a ****ing break

Also, it's funny how you talk about challenges and stuff, but you don't even bother challenging yourself by learning the MK MU you just want to ban him.
Sleek Media said:
Whatever makes it easier, right?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i would just quit the game the game is boring without someone fast and ****. Every other **** character is boring and slow (and as for Diddy I just suck with bananas)
Learn how to use them?

Not that it matters since MK isn't likely to be banned, so who cares. Haterz gon hate.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im pretty sure m2k would **** with diddy. getting good with bananas just comes in over time. if mk gets banned, and m2k went diddy, yall would want diddy banned in a heart beat. ****, i play mk, and i want the ape banned now.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
im pretty sure m2k would **** with diddy. getting good with bananas just comes in over time. if mk gets banned, and m2k went diddy, yall would want diddy banned in a heart beat. ****, i play mk, and i want the ape banned now.
Lol very nice post

There are so many characters with ridiculous, broken moves in this game. Snake has annoying jabs, Metaknight has an annoying tornado, Falco's lasers, Diddy's nanerz, DDD's chaingrab, Pit's arrows...etc. There are ways around these but you have to be very, very careful about it when looking out for these moves. The smashers that can utilize these moves the best for their respective character will win. M2K happened to be the one this time in Orlando. He very well could dominate Columbus as well; but you never know who will come along and adjust their game to challenge him. ADHD did at Pound 4. As mentioned earlier their were a variety of characters in the top 16. I would have never guessed a Luigi main would have made it up there. If Metaknight was impossible to beat everyone would have already left this game from a competitive standpoint.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
im pretty sure people have done just that, IMO. and even though he wont ever be banned, there honestly are only a very small number of good characters in this game aside from MK, the rest are piloted at this point by players with skill levels beyond belief, and that's something. The skilled players will continue playing, and probably get better, but I just dont see any change in the status quo for a long time. people need to realize that though fun, this isn't a balanced game at all, and either you accept it and play through it/ pick a better character, or don't play competitively.

Im happy that M2K plays with a character that he likes AND wins nearly all the time for the effort he put in, even though MK himself is stupidly broken compared to the rest of the cast save 3 others. Kaffei, I do believe tho that if he wasn't making the money he is making now from brawl he'd only be playing melee, winning does wonders for a person's confidence.

lastly, if there ever is another smash game, i hope the developers do a better job at character balance, or do it the capcom/brawl- way and make them all broken.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Thank heavens all 3 rounds of dtor vs timmy was recorded!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
All you care about is winning, and that's why you have a bad rep for being a poor loser. All the little wannabe-you MK mains are the same.
Why don't you play a viable character, and quit complaining when people, who are already amazing at this game and the last one, decide to act smart and play someone who's good?

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

All you scrubs are the same.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
I play MK because:
- His sword is so fast and his speed is a lot of fun to play with
- He's my favorite character from the Kirby show.
- When he glides it kinda looks like a jet and I really like airplanes considering I want to be a Pilot when I grow up. (SL sounds like a jet lol)
- I like his recovery.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
i would just quit the game the game is boring without someone fast and ****. Every other **** character is boring and slow (and as for Diddy I just suck with bananas)
Exactly my rational. Brawl is slow, which is why I tend to use MK, because he's fast. In all honesty, MK is the closest thing to fun there is in this game...

PolMex23

Smash Champion
It wouldnt be as easy for M2k to win tourneys with other characters.

Mk makes it easier. Easier because every other character runs into a few match up problems.

He should just go Luigi once an win a large tourney. Would shut up everybody.

But haters gonna find somethin in even that. All Im sayin is its a shame we can't watch biglous matches. Or any other more interesting matches that took place at mlg orlando.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
because he's fast.
because hes easy
Seriously, you people get annoying with that. MK actually has a pretty steep learning curve considering everyone else knows the MK MU, you HAVE to know every other MU.

But regardless of that, I found MK to be much more fun than any character when i first played Brawl, and that was before the first Tier list came out.

I tend to hang out in the MK thread, so IF you've seen me there you probably think I main him, but I don't. I use him for fun + nobody likes fighting Peach and always request my MK. =( Before anyone asks, if they do ask, honestly, I do find Peach fun, but still not as fun as MK, sadly.

Also, no offense to Biglou, because he is an amazing player. But I honestly don't think any of his matches could be all that interesting.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Because your a hater. How could one of Biglous matches not be interesting? Its a Luigi main against Atomsk...Hmmm nah that would be boring. OH Lou vs MikeHaze, naw lemme watch a mk ditto. Lou vs Reflex's PT now thats just garbage...ect ect.

An Mk has a steep learning curve? You have got to be kidding me.

Your off your ****ing trolly. Ive always hated MK, since it started. I tried to play him. Its OBVIOUS how easy it is. How easy it is to space. To set a wall. To camp. To gimp.

Off your trolly

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Well, Luigi isn't particularly interesting. lol, PT, interesting, okay, Bulletseed, Utilt, and Rock Smash.

Yes, MK does have a steep learning curve. It's a character with no projectiles, and decent range. Before I hear anymore crap about the tornado, and such. Lemme ask you how fair is an ITEM that legally trips people? Goodness, tornado is so punishable in the Diddy MU it's not even funny. But back to the subject at hand. Picking him up is easy, playing him on high level is difficult. You play against everyone who knows the MU, and they can play some wacky character, and the MK could be dumbfounded.

[sarcasm]It's incredibly easy to do everything, especially against most projectiles that breaks the almighty tornado! Yeah, it's so incredibly easy to gimp when people can float around for twenty seconds. MK is so easy! MKs so easy, you can pick him up over nightand win a major tourney.[/sarcasm] Ha, until I see that crap happen, please tell me he's easy some more.

Oh, here's a novel idea, get a smart recovery, it's not like I'm Dthrowing a Falco with Marth on Story in Melee or someting. It's not completely inescapable. God. He's a novel idea, MKs so good, there's a MU complete for him in just about every character subforum on this site. Look it up, learn it, watch matches, take notes, and stop complaining.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
MK has decent range?

Ha, talk about knowledge about the game. Look somethin up for me will yah kind sir?

ITs called a laser beam hitbox, an mk has it. Oh also its called you attack my shield or are anywhere near my shield an I feel a bit uncomfortable so ima just up-b out of it into a string of lag less attacks that are punishable by near frame perfect, perfectly spaced move that may just clash or luckily hit mk. Also its called No fear off stage. Also its called the ability to "plank" your opponents without your opponent having any proof that you "planked" him.

Im not even going to go on, because its called Meta Knight's entire meta game.

Oh an no wonder theres a mu for mk in every character subforum. I wonder why...really I do.

Your truly a biased idiot. Once again, MK has a steep learning curve? Lol

Truly, LoL! As an Mk, there are so many options in your hands at all times during any situation against every character in the game. Dont counter this by saying somthin stupid like snake, diddy, ect. because compared to most he has probably double the options throughout the whole match.

By steep learning curve aren't you talking about tech skill? If so, then yes. Mk requires alot of tech skill. He is fast, an timing is still key like every other ****in character.

stop talking. An pt into 3 moves? you obviously know nothing and once again are amazingly biased and stuck on the mk meat riding train.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It's not like he can hit you from three Snakes away or anything. Just saying. He has pretty good range, but it's not omega godly.

What did that whole Up-B OoS have to do with anything? Honestly.

How exactly am I biased? It's not like I'd only do it for MK, but he's the only one getting talked about by this. I can't really be biased if there's only one option to defend. kthxbai GGs.

Techskill and extensive MU training, because once against eveyrone knows the MK MU, but not all of the MK MUs are done. I mena, Ally vs DLA(another example Tyrant vs TKD), seriously. He played attrociously, and only further proves my point that everyone knows the MK MU, but since we don't have every MU done we could lose if you know it. Apparently Mk isn't the oh so great SuperKNight you all think he is if he can actually lose to those chars. Since just about every char has the MU they have the liberty of learning it, we don't. It's funny how you found it laughable about MK learning curve, and then changed your mind a bit later on in the post. Which is it?

I'm not lying about PT, it's the truth. >_>

lol, Talk about meatriding, I looked up a Biglou vid to try to give it a bit of a chance after you said he's interesting:

Polmex23 that run up side dodge shenanigans shouldnt work but...I love you Lounis! xD
[sarcasm] Yeah, I totally meatride for a character[/sarcasm] that people talk about unjustly banning despite the fact that you HAVE the tools to learn and beat him. I'd feel much better beating a pro MK than to have him banned to try to get "by".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdkJHXCOBRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIxu669Y_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo7Ixro6dA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3rDY0b_0jY&feature=related

kk? ^-^

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Bluepeachy I wasnt caring that exemple is horrible lol

I doubt M2K would make a good Diddy, his reaction time and item handling isnt the best, he fits more a non projectile character.
Must've missed that when I watched him vs Armada.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
up-b oos is easy.

an really the biglou vids you should watch are apparently the ones that took place at mlg since he got 8th an beat so many worthy opponents its ridiculous.

But is it true? Only reason we dont have mlg vids is because of Nintendo?

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
so in other words......M2K only likes character with less camping ability, very fast, no or not to useful projectiles, and good at rushing down.

obv

theunabletable

Smash Lord
MK has decent range?

Ha, talk about knowledge about the game. Look somethin up for me will yah kind sir?

ITs called a laser beam hitbox, an mk has it.
Fun fact, having transcendant priority doesn't increase your range. And any attack that outranges it pretty much automatically beats it.
Oh also its called you attack my shield or are anywhere near my shield an I feel a bit uncomfortable so ima just up-b out of it into a string of lag less attacks that are punishable by near frame perfect
Unpunishable? Lmao

Easy as hell to punish with most characters (ever seen Larry play? He punishes SLs all the time, atleast from the matches I've seen).
Also its called the ability to "plank" your opponents without your opponent having any proof that you "planked" him.
Ever heard of an LGL? Every tournament has one nowadays.
Oh an no wonder theres a mu for mk in every character subforum. I wonder why...really I do.
You're saying that like most characters don't have a Marth matchup, since he's problematic for most of the cast.

Or a Snake matchup.

Or Diddy.

Etc

up-b oos is easy.
And punishable, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom