• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Orlando Video Thread (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I lol'd at how offtopic this got.

Anyways. If your having problems against MK, then your just too lazy to learn the match-up decently. Though I admit, Stage Gayness, but it comes with the game, and you chose to play it, so man up or gtfo.

Javon89

Smash Ace
He doesn't rely on MK to win, I mean he has some other good mains too.
He personally thinks that MK is the most efficient (he's right) and isn't efficiency the best thing in a character, being adaptable to every situation?

EDIT: Very true @above

It's kinda like how Halo players used to bash Melee.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
im not "far from it". When I was at my prime, considering how good I am/was with so many characters, the point is it's obvious that I'm a really good player at smash which disproves when people say I only win cuz I'm MK which is the worst excuse I ever heard. I could easily say that about any other character like Jigglypuff or any character I dislike fighting that wins tourneys.

Jane

Smash Hero
Haha ok far from it might have been a bit much. But an arguement could easily be made that youre not in the top 5. Top 10 for sure though

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Haha ok far from it might have been a bit much. But an arguement could easily be made that youre not in the top 5. Top 10 for sure though
lol this guy is cleeearly trying to coax m2k into playing melee.

TP

Smash Master
LOL at M2K not being top 5 at Melee. The top 5 in no order are Mango, M2K, Hbox, Armada, and Amsah. No question.

Jane

Smash Hero
I never said he wasnt, i said an arguement could be made. As in the top 5 is not set in stone, it never is

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm fair. I think all MK mains are cheap and lame. I still don't understand how fanboys can defend a character that has its OWN TIER.

As for M2K specifically, I've seen some of your other matches. You play the same way in every video. Nobody, NOBODY plays as cheaply and abuses their character as badly as you do. There's noone even close, not even if you go back to Melee. I root against you every time because of the way you play. You're my least favorite anywhere you appear.

And you're welcome for the tax advice.
Yes, I am so cheap and lame because I actually enjoy having fun with a character that I think is really cool.
As for people who play competitively, they're SUPPOSED to cover up the weakness of their character and abuse their character's strengths. Inb4 MK has no weaknesses gimme a break

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why M2K feels he needs to defend himself. He's obviously better at brawl than anybody, except possibly Ally. If you haven't gotten over MK by now, that's just sad.

Based on the videos I have seen, and the placings, it seems like there is a very diverse character spread at MLG. A live stream at Columbus would be incredible.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
For those who say M2K only won because he used MK prove it.

WIn Nationals, and beat Ally like he did.

But you'll probably walk away with your tail up your ***.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
LOlolololol @ hating MK

MK - Snake is like 55-45 at worst.

That's like saying you're gay because you have to pick Marth when fighting DK.

lololololol

I found it quite entertaining actually.

I just wish that the announcer had someone to talk to, instead of having him talk to himself.

Jem.

Smash Master
You guys realize M2K hadn't won a national for about a year until Orlando. He admittingly said he practiced harder than he ever had for Orlando, and was playing better than he ever has. What's wrong with that?

Theres a reason every MK doesn't take up the top spots. Because a player defines how far you go in tournament, not your character. (They can make a difference, but they do not define who you are as a player.)

Allied

Smash Master
If you didn't attend MLG Orlando and then criticize anyone or anything that happened and still bring up melee vs brawl debates, Mk is scrub, Ban Mk and herp derp i main zelda i think shes tournament viable.

Your a potfiller, stream monster, marth playing f@ggot.

/thread.

inb4 potfiller, stream monster, marth playing f@ggots

Javon89

Smash Ace
Well at least the top 8 wasn't filled with MK and Snake, even Luigi was in there.
That really shows that it is the player that wins the tournaments, not the character.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, but the best military tactician would need more than sub-mechs against gunships.

Like how M2K would need more than Zelda against Ally's Snake.

Guy 1:"Numbers do not win a battle."

Guy 2: "But they sure do help."

Tell me where that's from.

Geddan

Smash Ace
Perhaps, but the best military tactician would need more than sub-mechs against gunships.

Like how M2K would need more than Zelda against Ally's Snake.

Guy 1:"Numbers do not win a battle."

Guy 2: "But they sure do help."

Tell me where that's from.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So much foolishness in this thread.

Fact: M2k is an amazing player, and does not use MK as a crutch
Fact: Brinstar is a broken stage, especially in that match-up. M2k knows and agrees with this, and thinks it should be banned.
Fact: The stages were horribly biased in favor of Metaknights, and even though it's going to take them some time to learn the stages better, MK ***** on those stages. M2k knows this, but he disagrees with the stage list.
Fact: Biglou is an amazing player but Luigi will only remain a viable character so long as people are ignorant of how to play the match-up.
Fact: In certain instances, camping is better, but on average Brawl players don't seem to understand the difference between camping and zoning, and don't understand HOW to be offensive in this game, even though at many times it is superior.
Fact: You need better criteria if you're trying to determine the best player.

Jane

Smash Hero
actually m2k being an amazing player is not a fact. ;b

in fact... none of those facts you stated are facts lol

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
So much foolishness in this thread.Fact: In certain instances, camping is better, but on average Brawl players don't seem to understand the difference between camping and zoning, and don't understand HOW to be offensive in this game, even though at many times it is superior.
Fact: You need better criteria if you're trying to determine the best player.
I dunno, I kind of agree with him. Except the part about M2K being an amazing player who doesn't need MK. I think we all know what would happen to his placings if MK ever got banned. I have yet to see him beat a good player with someone other than MK, and even with MK, he barely scrapes by at higher levels. Choosing Brinstar despite acknowledging how cheap it is just proves that he's afraid to play without a huge advantage.

I completely agree that you need better criteria to determine the best player. I've been saying this ever since I went to my first SBR style tournament. One on one with no items and "neutral" stages is nice and all, and it should certainly count for something, but it's just one very small cut-down part of the game. Being able to survive a FFA is a SKILL. Being able to use items effectively is a SKILL. Why do we take these out of the picture COMPLETELY? Would it really kill the competitive spirit that hard to have tournaments which explore different aspects of the game once in a while?

I also want to second the fact that most people really don't understand how offense in Brawl works. It's not like Melee where you just attack and attack and attack and overwhelm your oppenent with combos while he's stuck in ridiculously long hitstun. It's more of a THINKING game than a TWITCH game. Instead of abusing shieldstun/hitstun, you need to be thinking about managing the level of their shield and finding opportunities for pokes. You need to think about what attacks you've used recently, and how you're going to keep your finishers fresh. Mindgames play a significantly larger role. Brawl is less memorization and more creativity. Fewer "advanced techniques" (glitches), and more making the use out of your arsenal. I don't want to elaborate too much since it'll just get refuted, but you get the idea.

Except for MK, who can attack relentlessly with no lag or risk whatsoever. Seems to be a popular option in this thread.

Finally, I want to add:

FACT: MK HAS HIS OWN TIER. In all seriousness, what exactly does it take to ban a character if that isn't enough?

DJRome

Smash Hero
oh lord, the game and melee too are what they are. stop trying to change metagames and formats that nearly everyone agrees with

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
Play to win. Win Money. M2K has money and you don't. Who's the loser?

DJRome

Smash Hero
insert lame joke about how brawl has no winners

anyways, let's just hope mlg gets the release for the next event for vids <_<

edit: for fear of wasting time, said person types up 3 paragraphs and then takes the time to correct a quote with sarcastic remark and still continues to respond to another comment mocking his hypocrisy and even if he didn't, he is still lurking the thread staring at this comment and wondering how i was able to predict this far ahead and still follow his thought. and now has to decide to insert his own witty response or take the "higher road" but secretly is still really angry that he is still reading this and has no response that hasn't been covered.

:)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Fact: Most of the high level players agree that once you understand how Melee works, it generally comes down to a technical battle, although there are CERTAINLY mindgames involved. The more technical you are, the more OPTIONS you can cover, reducing your need to predict as much. Of course, nobody can cover every option all the time, so large amounts of thought still go into fighting, but tech skill and precision are very key in that game.

When Brawl came out, M2k was winning with D3. He also generally wins low tier tournaments with Ike, and I'm willing to bet he could beat some of your mains with Ike. That should be nuff said, but people are of course going to argue, "Then why isn't he using him now?"

Fact: D3 has unwinnable, and pseudo-unwinnable Match-Ups cluttered in the top and high tiers. Perhaps if MK was banned, M2k would use a different character, since he ALSO wouldn't have to deal with fighting through a horde of MKs handicapped. However, M2k basically invented all the brokenness that is MK, and you wouldn't even think the character was that good if it wasn't for him (shout-out to DmBrandon for being another innovative MK).

Choosing Brinstar against Ally when you think it's broken and should be banned, but you are playing on fire, and you 2 or 3 stocked every other opponent that day including Dekar who you feared because it's your worst MU and every other MK there including DSF and Tyrant doesn't mean that you're afraid. It means that you're not trying to screw around with a shot at winning an additional grand. If you don't realize that, you're not cut out to be a top player.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Fact: M2K plays to win
Fact: M2K is the best MK in the US
Fact: Only players like Ally and ADHD are able to beat him; maybe DEHF. Other Top MKs lose to a wider pool of players. Oh and M2K never loses to other MKs

Opinion: M2K is a really good player, top 3 easily. I'm of the mind Player >> Character, so that's the base of my personal opinion. Also I think that if MK ever gets banned, he would fall in the places just a little only to return to top after a few months learning new characters, maybe Marth & Dedede

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It would be funny to see M2K winning a tournament with Snake/Diddy/XY and laughing about all the haters :)

C'mon M2K, you know you can do it (I know it too, cause you are the best smasher, hands down), do it for the lulz x3
I'm really sure you would become one of top character XY in less then 1 month... you dont need to win MLG Cbus with another character, but maybe some "small" ~50 people tourney around your area, maybe even beating some other [semi-]top players ^^

But on the other hand, why should you even consider doing this, if every real smash-understanding person (lol) knows how pro you are :p

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Why would I want to use another character. All the other characters are boring to me. I just want to move fast and overwhelm people like I do in Melee. Every other character is either just hordes of camping or chain grabbing (and not hard chain grabbing like Melee where there's more depth to them, just the same timing over and over and they can't do anything to make it harder for you or to break out). Without MK the game would be extremely boring and I would not want to play it. In Melee I like and enjoy a wide variety of characters, which is why I use a wide variety of characters in that game. In Brawl, I only enjoy MK, and would not want to play with him gone. I don't care if he was worse (as long as he's not considerably worse I still want to be able to win obviously) he is the only character I enjoy in this game period. Also, I have only, ONLY used him for the past 2 years and I'm the only MK to even win nationals anyway. Shadow and KSizl are very good players and metaknights and they got 27th/33rd. There's no point in continuing smash if he was gone, and that is something I very much don't want because smash is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom