• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Really M2K lol, you win mad money from brawl then it gets stolen n ****, shouldn't be happening

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MLG circuit sounds fun. I play on attending each one if possible. So much teams money for me and someone else to sweep up lol

Iwan

Smash Ace
I'm sort of interested to see if any ex-smash players come back at the chance to play on the big stage again (and, in turn, earn a chance to make a good amount of money).

Isai and ken come to mind. I mean....if they could play at the level they did in melee then they can sure as hell play at a high level in brawl.

Sort of makes you think: If Ally is s******* on kids as of late with his falcon in tourney.....what would Isai do?

!!!!!11one

........probably just not use falcon.....lol.

Anyway, I'm really trying not to rent a hotel room, because that **** gets expensive, and from prior experience at MLG events, the front desk/hotel employees in general B!**H like crazy when you try and get 10 people in a room with eachother.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lmao @ this.

The average human being would be tired as hell after a minute of doing it. not even.
Too bad we aren't dealing with an average human being.

Look at the way he grips that controller. He could infinite dimensional cape for DAYS.

Dopey

Smash Lord
buying a wii next week...

**** melee LOLL my hands hurt too much for a ****ty game that takes that much skill ROFLL

my birthday is that month too WOO!!

Iwan

Smash Ace
"He could infinite demensional cape FOR DAYS"

LOL I lol'd so f****** hard......

I'm sure it won't be allowed. Sundance is in touch with AZ and JV_, as well as more than a few members of the community in general. He's getting good feedback.

I'm more worried about the TV's they're going to use. MLG runs a professional event, and it's already been said that "tube tv's" are out of the question.

......for the love of god, just give us tv's with zero or AT LEAST ALMOST zero lag.....please mlg :/

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
buying a wii next week...

**** melee LOLL my hands hurt too much for a ****ty game that takes that much skill ROFLL

my birthday is that month too WOO!!
LOL

Looks like I'll be ****sighs**** playing brawl again as well..

Quick! someone direct me to the MK/snake boards!

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok, i am dying to know. What EXACT days is brawl going to be on. Would it run through all 3 days, or just like sat or sunday?

Also, How many people can we actually hold in a hotel room at max?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
ATTN: ANYONE OFFERING HOUSING!

Long Island would like housing for this. We will obviously pay and be respectful, etc. If you would like to offer us housing, you can contact me on AIM: SecondReference

M@v

Subarashii!
Going to work this morning:

This is where its going down people :)

btw, when your driving to it, you can't miss the entrance(as you can see, lol)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regarding pricing: they have not announced pricing details yet. If I had to guess it would be around $20-$30 for entry but this is just a guess. Doubles would probably be a little less then that. Whether or not you have been to an MLG before has no bearing on how much the price is.

Regarding event days: my guess is based on the cap (that I don't think is announced yet but I already know-no I can't say just wait for the announcement) this will be on Saturday and Sunday only. The event is capped so once they announce the registration date make sure to buy your pass before they sell out. Since Smashers are lazy at buying passes online I'd assume you will have at least a couple days before they sell out but I wouldn't risk it if I were any of you. Halo passes for 256 teams of 4 people sell out in just 5 minutes typically.

Regarding payouts: payouts will be done via check and like singles, (this is not confirmed by I am assuming) doubles will be paid for online before the tournament. Checks typically take 4-6 weeks to be received. MLG is not shady like SNES or Winterfest or anything, they have been doing payouts like this for years now and every person who has ever won money at any game in MLG at a live event has received their prize money in full.

Regarding hacked wiis: MLG is using entirely their own equiptment. That means they don't care about hacked wii's cause their wii's are not hacked (duh).

M@v

Subarashii!
I said this before, in my housing contract I'm forbidden to house. Its a long story, but thats the point you need to know. Best bets for cheap places are the disney hotels I listed or mlg's deals.

mlg already said wifi is NOT required; it is simply an optional thing to do if you want to try for a higher seeding.

iRJi

Smash Champion
when do i sign up i dont want to play online. can i just go to mlg and play or do i need to sign up up play online then go to mlg??
Your going to need to go online to sign up.

@alpha: Thanks.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yineinjeru: online registration is required. What you will need for this is an account on MLGpro.com and a credit card or check/debit card. If you lack these then you can usually find visa gift cards at gas stations/most convenience stores and they work the same way.

If you are under 18 you will need to also print out and have your parent sign the parental consent form.

Essentially you should expect that (very) soon the ruleset will be announced along with the date that registration opens. Once the registration window opens go online to MLGpro.com, sign in, register and pay for the event, print out your receipt, and then you are good to go. Bring the receipt with you to the event, though this is typically unnecessary since your username will be on file, but it is always good policy in any field of life.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
OH **** RAZER WE ARE DEF TEAMING FOR CODMW2 DOUBLES

Dopey

Smash Lord
"Quick! someone direct me to the MK/snake boards!" mikeG

LMAO!!!

seriously...someone direct me there too...LOLLL =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom