• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG G&W's :o

Vinnie

Smash Master
I told both of you in detail that I hate when I'm discredited. That's why I quit the gw boards in the first place >_>.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol fine fine w/e :S

nobodys discrediting you,it's just you don't have as much rep as Zac.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I wish there were more friendlies at MLG. If I dont get to play Vinnie, Ill be upset. Itlle be nce to actually talk GW with people and have someone else at a tournament that plays my main besides me.

Framerate

Smash Lord
PGN I mean no disrespect, It's just that I've heard more about UTD. I went and watched one of your sets against Atomsk so I think I got a good impression of your skill level. We'll see about the MM ;P

UTD is a scrub and I don't like him anymore.

Today, I think I've heard of you somewhere before but I just can't put my finger on it.......

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i cant find it D:

i know vinnie got 44th tho

everyone else was below him

zac come to MLG Raleigh plz

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Penta should put these on the front page! XP
Amazing Ampharos, PGN, Today, Lou

Also, friendlies were a lot better. Friday I had a panic attack during my match because I was extremely nervous. :( I just had a lot of pressure. I had to go against a Snake player that lives here(random seeding isn't smart.) and everyone kept saying how obvious it was for me to being able to beat him since I've beaten top Snakes... and people were just watching and expecting me so I had a break down. u~u; and just stopped playing... I feel really bad, too. And I'm really sorry. Next day I had to fight apparently one of Florida's best Snake's. I was a lot less nervous but I didn't use GnW first round since people were saying how bad of an idea it was. at the MLG tourney although I placed top ten I got taken out by Snakes. I guess it was just my luck to go against yet more Snakes.
However, doubles was a lot better. And we were close to beating Malcolm and Ninja Link both games. Although NL went ROB first match which was a bad idea against GnW. XP; But it was extremely close in the end~ We beat some players we didn't know and came close to fighting Grimice (Snake player) and Fatboy? I think his name was.
All in all it was a very fun experience! A lot of people hated the random seeding, though. Because a lot of good players that should have gotten higher placed last because of being bracket screwed. I feel really bad for them, too... not much you can do, though. There needs to be pools. Hopefully more people will complain and tell them about pools. XP; I should be going to the one in Texas... missed everyone else! PGN and I talked loads and cheered each other on which was nice. Hung out with Amazing for some time. Considering picking up Wario for Snakes or working on my Olimar. Uh... that's the most I can remember! Hope all goes to the other ones!!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Wow, that second picture is awful for me. I hate myself in pictures...

We are also missing the picture in which I am using the turtle and that shows off the epic backside of my shirt.

Anyway, it was fun, but it was a pretty bad tournament for G&W. I got 49th group, and Vinnie got 33rd group as I recall. We were the best two placing G&Ws. G&W is too good for this; we need to work some stuff out and have one of us getting top 8 or at least top 16 in the future. I won't be at Raleigh most likely, but I intend to make Dallas and be working on some stuff in the meantime so hopefully I'll be more of a force!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
No problemo~ Although MLG shouldn't really matter much when it comes to results except maybe at the end. I know some really good players that wins tournaments usually that got last because of being bracket screwed. I think GnW can go higher if they get lucky at first and have to fight unknown people. Apparently seeding was based in alphabetical order. As in if you have a low letter in your name you get the lowest seed. It's not about being a bad player but all about luck, honestly. MLG had no pools. It was straight bracket good luck on the people you have to fight. There were people that placed higher than people they shouldn't be placing higher than. A lot of big names were knocked out round 1 which meant you'd have to fight them in loser's.
So all in all I don't think taking MLG when it comes to placing to heart. Hopefully people will complain more since a lot of top players already started. Needs to be more like Pound 4. Two rounds of pools, and elimination. No straight bracket. Even just one round of pool I wouldn't mind as long as you're not standing there crossing your fingers hoping you don't have to fight M2K just because of a letter in your name. I may be at Dallas but in all honesty I want to go to Apex more.

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
Man I gotta wait till November which is mlg dallas =( Hopefully MLG Championships will stay in Vegas as they have the past 3 years, that way I don't have to drive anywhere =D

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I will be starting to play G&W soley in tournaments in an attempt to bring what he deserves back to this character group.. he needs representation.. "Everybody knows how to beat G&W's, even good ones now, they just have all figured you out!" That was a quote from an unnamed person I played friendlies with in my last tournament. I assure you that people like that won't be putting out my fire anytime soon. People have told me, switch to MK or Snake and you will win tourneys... honestly where's the gratification in that? I will stay with G&W and not quit.. sure I have some other mains, but G&W is my most improved and loyal character. UTD definitely consider attending the MLG DC, considering you could significantly impact our lessening community.. I need some fear in the MK mains' eyes... LoL

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
NICE! rep our 2d madness - I am excited to implement my newest metagame into my G&W.. took me forever to get the timing right.. I'll have to put up vids soon.

good luck at MLG Zekeishere, go beat M2k ;)

Top Bottom