• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG G&W's :o

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
so....is anyone going?lmao
i haven't heard much about this from you guys:[
With their stage list,G&W can definetly **** this lmao
Thoughts,comments? xD

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

MLG Columbus​

Amazing Ampharos, PGN, Today, Lou

Also, friendlies were a lot better. Friday I had a panic attack during my match because I was extremely nervous. :( I just had a lot of pressure. I had to go against a Snake player that lives here(random seeding isn't smart.) and everyone kept saying how obvious it was for me to being able to beat him since I've beaten top Snakes... and people were just watching and expecting me so I had a break down. u~u; and just stopped playing... I feel really bad, too. And I'm really sorry. Next day I had to fight apparently one of Florida's best Snake's. I was a lot less nervous but I didn't use GnW first round since people were saying how bad of an idea it was. at the MLG tourney although I placed top ten I got taken out by Snakes. I guess it was just my luck to go against yet more Snakes.
However, doubles was a lot better. And we were close to beating Malcolm and Ninja Link both games. Although NL went ROB first match which was a bad idea against GnW. XP; But it was extremely close in the end~ We beat some players we didn't know and came close to fighting Grimice (Snake player) and Fatboy? I think his name was.
All in all it was a very fun experience! A lot of people hated the random seeding, though. Because a lot of good players that should have gotten higher placed last because of being bracket screwed. I feel really bad for them, too... not much you can do, though. There needs to be pools. Hopefully more people will complain and tell them about pools. XP; I should be going to the one in Texas... missed everyone else! PGN and I talked loads and cheered each other on which was nice. Hung out with Amazing for some time. Considering picking up Wario for Snakes or working on my Olimar. Uh... that's the most I can remember! Hope all goes to the other ones!!
Anyway, it was fun, but it was a pretty bad tournament for G&W. I got 49th group, and Vinnie got 33rd group as I recall. We were the best two placing G&Ws. G&W is too good for this; we need to work some stuff out and have one of us getting top 8 or at least top 16 in the future. I won't be at Raleigh most likely, but I intend to make Dallas and be working on some stuff in the meantime so hopefully I'll be more of a force!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might pick GW back up again since the stages make IC's pretty much unviable lol.

cemo

white walker
i wish more tournaments had this kind of a stage list. now we just need to get corneria up there.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If MK doesn't ban Green Greens, take him there. It's so easy to beat MK there. Dies at 50% to upsmash lol

EDIT: Also, the only MLG I'll be attending is MLG Dallas... for obvious reasons.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I'm going to mlg orlando, and obviously columbus since I live an hour away. I hope some of you all go to, especially zac and hylian. I want to meet and play you both

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I wish I could buy a flight ticket and just see the level of good brawl players in Orlando during the event. :S

Maybe next year.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Man, this sucks. The location is about 25 minutes away from my house in Kissimmee but I have business to handle in Miami the whole weekend.

lou4222

Smash Lord
So who all is going besides myself and Novabound? I want to meet more GWs besides Today and NOJ! I travel all the time and havnt really met anyone else.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
MLG this week. Get hyped. Anyone wanna discuss pre-tourney habits? What does everyone do for their Mise en Place before a tourney? (Mental prep). Stretch? Work out? : D I'd like to hear what everyone does.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
MLG this week. Get hyped. Anyone wanna discuss pre-tourney habits? What does everyone do for their Mise en Place before a tourney? (Mental prep). Stretch? Work out? : D I'd like to hear what everyone does.
Wake up, have a nice breakfast, drink Orange Juice, play like 3 matches vs lvl 9 cpu to get my fingers flowing.
Get to the venue, smoke a cigarette, drink loads of water, and play friendlies.

That's pretty much it. xD

Novabound

Smash Apprentice

For prep, I like to get my ipod, and set a calm playlist before the tourney starts. The crowd and in game sounds get me excited and pumped and sometimes play too aggressively or with too many distractions.

Before I get to the venue, I ensure that my nourishment consists of omega 3's from pomegranite blueberry juice, potassium from bananas, and tons of grains. That diet is proven to improve brain function, and by the time the tourney starts, I have all the vitamins and minerals digested. During the tournament, I keep granola on me at all times and snack on that all day, but I only drink water to keep me hydrated. Water is the best thing in the world for you and just flat out keeps you functioning well. When the break comes, I try and get some protein in a GRILLED chicken salad. Little fat gives my body an easy time of digestion which is energy saved that I can use for thinking during matches.

If I team with anyone, I actually go to the extra effort to prepare them a portion. I mean, if I put myself at a huge mental advantage, why not help my team mate out? It benefits us both! HCBSpike can attest to this. I brought him a sandwich (whole grain, banana, low fat peanut butter and sunflower seeds), and sliced apples and pomegranite juice. He said he felt really on top of his game.

I stocked with my brain food for the weekend and am ready to take on all the OOS players. Lou, Izzy, I'll see you there. We's be reppin' FLORIDA. And more over, our man, Game and Watch.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I can see if it now.
Top 3, Lou/Nova/Izzy (in no particular order).

Gl you guys, rep gw<3

lou4222

Smash Lord
I had a ton of fun at mlg. I had some good ones, got solidly beat by fatals snake, and a tough loss to tearbear.

Izzy is a cool dude. I didn't really get to meet nova.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I had 2 impressions of this year's MLG; statistical, and philosophical.

Statiscally - - - I did terrible. Lol. I got a bye, then lost to an MK which to be honest, I could have beaten if I just calmed down. And then in the losers' bracket, I was so upset when I was paired up with izzy. Not because I had little GaW ditto exp, but because ONE of us had to get eliminated so early. All of my mistakes and losses is something that can easily be eliminated by one thing: Attendance. If I just attend more tournies, I will dispel the jitters all together and will do so much better. Izzy can attest to our serious friendly, I did muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than in our tourny set lol.

Philosophically- - - - - I had so much fun! The venue was nice, it was comfortable, and the community let MLG know that we had ENERGY. Regions were chanting their names, CFL gave spirit bombs to chaz (but it takes 3 episodes to charge XD), and there was a lot of hype in the more popular matches. I met many many many good people. Amongst my favs was Lain <3. So chill, so cool. Even though I was elimnated early, I supported FL as much as possible and honestly felt like I was still winning.

I learned a LOT from playing other regions. I see a HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in play styles that I wouldn't have gathered from watching videos. I met new friends, and...just so much to explain. I get kinda excited remembering everything I did that weekend. Izzy, thanks for the matches. There were a few things I wanted to show you that I didn't get to (judgement setups, uptilt setups, and matchup stuff). Lou, for some reason I thought you were a FL player lmao. I would've tried harder to meet you.

If anyone wants to see pictures, pm me. I'll link you my facebook. I have videos that I haven't uploaded yet...probably gonna refrain from uploading matches of me lol.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

^ Aweh! So you had to fight Izzy? Talk about a coinkadink.. especially since there were only like three of you guys there out of 180+!!
Yeah, no worries! -^__^-/) MLG was big so it makes sense to get nervous and such. Especially against your first match. Going to more tournaments help! I would say you could play friendlies before hand to help but I heard they banned friendlies there.. :( !

I'm so happy you had fun! That's so great! And Lain is a nice guy! I'm glad you met so many people.

Lou has represented Ohio and GnW really well so I'm super happy.

And I'd love to see photos! I saw some and they all look fantastically doo! It seems like so many people generally enjoyed MLG. I can't wait for Columbus one.

Top Bottom