• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG G&W's :o

lou4222

Smash Lord
its only 45 minutes from my house. Ill be there for sure. Ill finally get to meet more GWs. Izzy was real cool. I didnt really get to meet Nova

izzy24

Smash Ace
BTW for those of u going to the next MLG's i recomend u get there @ whenever time they tell u....specially the second day.......u dont know how many ppl almost got dq (and some did) b/c they were late for their matches LOL

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm pretty lousy, but since I live in Columbus and am going anyway, Ima pick up a pass if they don't sell out quickly. I love playing as GnW, and co-main him and MK.

Hopefully there is a GnW or two near the top in Columbus. I like him because he feels the most like a Melee character.

What is this I hear about MLG being strict on friendlies? I know they don't mind that much for halo.

izzy24

Smash Ace
They were idk why but some reason they were...really annoying :(...... they called out M2K like 5 times the 2nd day cause he was always firendlying LOLOLOL. And the lag is there but is not horrible lag, get a feel for them and ull be good dont worry about it.

yea....so im wondering how does that 2gg or gg2 thing work lolololol

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@Sambo, You should! It's always good to see more Ohio'ians, too. And yay there being more Game and Watches! That's great.

Apparently they're HD TVs but some people say it isn't super bad, but another group of people say it is so hrm. I don't know.
Too bad about friendlies, though! Looks like you have to go there early to play friendlies?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I've had to play a tournament on TVs like that before. They're not bad, but they really mess up Gw/Marth/Sheik/a couple of other characters that rely on spacing.
Most characters don't really feel the change, but I can assure GW does. Lol.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I suck at wifi because the button lag I get since Im from Panama, effs over my spacing.
and I certainly don't wanna get used to wifi with button lag, cause it messes my spacing offline.
That's why I usually use Lucario or some random character like that on the ladder, and I don't do bad. xD

But idk. Supposedly they're trying to get different TVs for the other circuits. Remember that Orlando was the first one, it was bound to have many flaws to be fixed.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
I know from being a halo fan that MLG is stubborn a lot of the time. The TV's they use aren't even that good for halo. But you can't blame them, they have to make money on video game tournaments, and they have to heard a bunch of teenagers around. Not an easy job. I doubt they kept the crate TV's from Melee.

I play on my room mates plasma screen which lags a little so I'm used to it.

I know this isn't the place, but I don't like the idea of a championship bracket in smash. In halo, non championship bracket teams place in the money like twice a year. Players who improve over the season won't really show it (Get a GnW in there quick!)

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hey guys, just stopping in.

Going to MLG Columbus guys! Who wants to MM my ICs with gnw?

edit:

can't wait to meet new cool gnws. Like Lou and Today :o

Btw Today, are you baking another gnw cake? That would be awesome! I wasn't there for the first one :(...

Oh and Penta and I already agreed to split in grand finals lol. If they make us play it out, we're doing Zelda dittos :p.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Haha I look forward to it. I havnt beaten Lain but came last hit last stock the last two times we played. We can play several friendlies, or mms if you want them to be "serious". Hylian too :)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I know from being a halo fan that MLG is stubborn a lot of the time. The TV's they use aren't even that good for halo. But you can't blame them, they have to make money on video game tournaments, and they have to heard a bunch of teenagers around. Not an easy job. I doubt they kept the crate TV's from Melee.

I play on my room mates plasma screen which lags a little so I'm used to it.

I know this isn't the place, but I don't like the idea of a championship bracket in smash. In halo, non championship bracket teams place in the money like twice a year. Players who improve over the season won't really show it (Get a GnW in there quick!)
Yeah... All I hear is about MLG stubbornness. :( At least it'll be fun. That's the important part!

@Vinnie, I don't do MM's. But I'll play you a friendly set. I may end up MM'ing! I just always feel bad to ask or if I win to take someone else's money, though. ): I'll MM in food?

I'm baking sugar cookies and possibly brownies for this. I don't think I'll be doing a cake. I might!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys, just stopping in.

Going to MLG Columbus guys! Who wants to MM my ICs with gnw?

edit:

can't wait to meet new cool gnws. Like Lou and Today :o

Btw Today, are you baking another gnw cake? That would be awesome! I wasn't there for the first one :(...

Oh and Penta and I already agreed to split in grand finals lol. If they make us play it out, we're doing Zelda dittos :p.
Sure, name the price.

Haha I look forward to it. I havnt beaten Lain but came last hit last stock the last two times we played. We can play several friendlies, or mms if you want them to be "serious". Hylian too :)
Done&Done. I've never lost to a GW before though, so I hope you live up to what you say :p.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Too bad UTD is comin. Im pumped to meet Hylian and Vinnie though. In Orlando it was just Nova and Izzy and myself. I didnt even get to meet Nova.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Never say never. You have BEFORE.

<-
Sorry, never since I mained IC's. Two weeks after I picked them up I 2-0ed leepuff at genesis. Also, never in tournament period. That was a MM.

I didn't even want to do that MM with you as I didn't play IC's at the time and you refused to GW ditto MM me so I just did it anyways.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Sorry, never since I mained IC's. Two weeks after I picked them up I 2-0ed leepuff at genesis. Also, never in tournament period. That was a MM.

I didn't even want to do that MM with you as I didn't play IC's at the time and you refused to GW ditto MM me so I just did it anyways.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Hey who are all the G&Ws going to MLG Columbus? I'm looking to MM some of you guys to finally prove that G&W is not our worst MU. UTD Zac are you gonna be there?

Framerate

Smash Lord
Haha definitely not $20. I'm friggin poor. I might do $10 for UTD but I think $5 is my max against not-UTD lolz.

Top Bottom