• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Idk wth hell you're talking about...melee is a pretty damn legit game. And i never even played it that much and never competitively...i just found out about wavedashing when i entered brawl scene :laugh:

Jus saiyan, it's obvious melee is awesome, if you have the time to invest in it that is.

Master Raven

Smash Master

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only activity this thread had recently was a moral discussion lol.

I'm pretty hyped about E3, I hope to see nice surprises there.

Staco

Smash Champion
just got 7th at the European international :(
3rd in teams

like in singles I kind of ****ed up vs. Kaos (I played really bad and he kind of ***** me cause of it, me being way to inpatient) and then lost to quiksilver in losers (Luigi_player and Orion also lost to him)
ZSS is so hard to play against, please lets have the next MU discussion about her

found out my biggest flaw is being inconsistent
I need to get a better mindset :/

3rd in teams was like kind of regular
we didnt drop a single match to the lower placing teams but again didnt get to beat lp-orion and also lost to leon-kaos, semifer getting gimped way too much the first two games :s
3-1 both sets

NNID
Budget_Player
I got 17th; lost to Staco and Semifer. Won against a few long-standing rivals. No shame here. Won the Brawl- event (what a surprise). It was a fun tournament. :) Now I need to find some money if I want to make it to the other ones this month...

Staco

Smash Champion
It's just me, or Staco sounded disappointed on his 7th place?
Of course I'm disappointed, since I even could have beaten Ramin and Leon, who got 1st and 2nd. :/ (I had MMs with em, luckily the vids got saved, since that were my only good recorded matches from the tourney)

Losing to Semifers Wolf is not bad at all @ Cadet.
He beat Orion in a MK vs. Wolf MM 3:0 (SV only though).

btw, Cadet CP´d me to PS2, LOL.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
ZSS iss one of the few matchups I get to play.

But I still play it with Marth because I have no idea what to do with MK xD

NNID
Budget_Player
Losing to Semifers Wolf is not bad at all @ Cadet.
He beat Orion in a MK vs. Wolf MM 3:0 (SV only though).
So I heard; it's yet another reason for me to work on my DDD. :laugh: **** that noise. 30 seconds and I would've had him game 2. :laugh: And yes, I know that Semifer is amazing. He sandbags sooo hard in friendlies though, and because the only other wolf around (gheb) refuses to ever play friendlies with me, I can't learn the matchup at all. :( So DDD it is, supposedly that's piss-easy. :awesome:

btw, Cadet CP´d me to PS2, LOL.
Well, I sure as hell can't get a matchup advantage in dittos... :laugh:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Wait...

Orion lost to ZSS in tournament?

Also, ZSS is not bad on Frigate haha. She's one of the few characters where the Brinstar/Cruise Combo actually works well (unless it's Nick Riddle).

Exdeath

Smash Master
Frigate is probably her worst stage lmao, what are you talking about?

Esp. against MK
You can't be serious. ZSS has legitimate options to harass MK's recovery on the first part and legitimate options to wall out MK on the second.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You can't be serious. ZSS has legitimate options to harass MK's recovery on the first part and legitimate options to wall out MK on the second.
And so does MK? I can't believe you're serious.

What can she do to his recovery on the first part? Oh he doesn't have a ledge on the right? Well I mean he can just glide under the stage... What can she do to recover on the right?

And if you get the center of Frigate on the second trans there it's almost impossible for your opponent to get in while you have the low ground, with such a short body, with a plat above you. Seriously, good luck getting in on MK while he's in there.

If ZSS gets there first, Nado in above he Side-B and she can't do anything about it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
And so does MK? I can't believe you're serious.

What can she do to his recovery on the first part? Oh he doesn't have a ledge on the right? Well I mean he can just glide under the stage... What can she do to recover on the right?

And if you get the center of Frigate on the second trans there it's almost impossible for your opponent to get in while you have the low ground, with such a short body, with a plat above you. Seriously, good luck getting in on MK while he's in there.

If ZSS gets there first, Nado in above he Side-B and she can't do anything about it.
MK already destroys her recovery and walls her. She can wall-jump on the right in a worst case scenario. If ZSS if the ledge makes that much of a difference then you probably aren't gimping her right. ZSS is safer against you almost everywhere on the second part, because it requires more ground to cover to reach her. Her grab is already horrible. You're reading Side-B if you're getting in that soon. Why not just Down-B behind her and grab her instead?

Basically, MK doesn't really gain anything that he didn't have before and ZSS does gain something. It's certainly not her best stage vs. him or anything like that, but it's also certainly not her first.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Why not just Down-B behind her and grab her instead.

hmmmmmm

Player-4

See you in 25 years
MK already destroys her recovery and walls her. She can wall-jump on the right in a worst case scenario. If ZSS if the ledge makes that much of a difference then you probably aren't gimping her right. ZSS is safer against you almost everywhere on the second part, because it requires more ground to cover to reach her. Her grab is already horrible. You're reading Side-B if you're getting in that soon. Why not just Down-B behind her and grab her instead?

Basically, MK doesn't really gain anything that he didn't have before and ZSS does gain something. It's certainly not her best stage vs. him or anything like that, but it's also certainly not her first.
"Why not just Down-B behind her and grab her instead?"

...You just lost all credibility with that one comment

If she wall jumps, Up-B.

And her recovery isn't that easy to gimp. If she has a ledge then she has more options to recover, that's why you CP, to limit your opponents options and character's options.

Edit: lmaoooooo "Brinstar her worst"?
That's one of their main CPs...

I give up :urg:

Exdeath

Smash Master
"Why not just Down-B behind her and grab her instead?"

...You just lost all credibility with that one comment

If she wall jumps, Up-B.

And her recovery isn't that easy to gimp. If she has a ledge then she has more options to recover, that's why you CP, to limit your opponents options and character's options.

Edit: lmaoooooo "Brinstar her worst"?
That's one of their main CPs...

I give up :urg:
I didn't lose credibility at all with it haha. I clearly said that you're reading her if you're performing your option like you said, and that reading it with Down-B is better. You didn't even respond to my question/point, you just claimed that I have no credibility instead. ZSS doesn't really have any good options that she users her tether for if you're gimping her properly. If ZSS is using Up-B/Side-B to recover, she should die -- ledge or not.

ZSS players like Brinstar because they have a really hard time killing MK, which is solved when MK plays above the stage on Brinstar. When he sharks and acid camps, it just gets worse for her. She also has really bad options punishing Neutral B on that stage and you can basically auto-pilot every ZSS there if you play gay.

You're a very disrespectful person.

Why is this in general discussion and not the ZSS discussion?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Sorry, when people spew nonsense I tend to not respect their ideas
My points were typed and structured with decent quality and logical. In contrast, you failed to provide logic behind several of your points. Your sarcastic apology reinforces my previous point regarding your disrespect.

If civility is that difficult for you, then perhaps you can simply ignore me instead of insulting me.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
My points were typed and structured with decent quality and logical. In contrast, you failed to provide logic behind several of your points. Your sarcastic apology reinforces my previous point regarding your disrespect.
I don't care if you wrote me a college level essay, the point is your ideas and points are simple theory craft and not good theory crafting at that.

Down-b behind her?

Her Up-b/Side-B isn't a viable recovery?

Frigate not being a bad stage and Brinstar being her worst?

C'mon bro

Top Bottom