• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Apparently it's based off a Gundam character. Looks better than a lot of the other alts though.

Ryu - Glad to see he's going with the Jersey Shore look.
Ken - Glad to see he found a way to combine his Alpha costume with the Jersey Shore look.
Chun-Li - Finally get the Alpha costume. Also, her *** looks huge.
Guile - Kinda cool I guess. Still wanna see the Jean Claude Van Damme Guile though.
Dhalsim - ok I guess.
E. Honda - Pretty awesome imo.
Zangief - SANTA GIEF!
Blanka - Looks a bit like El Fuerte's Alt 2 imo.
Cammy - I think DC gon sue somebody.
Fei Long - What Bruce Lee movie is this from and why didn't they just give him a yellow jumpsuit?
Dee Jay - Finally, they found a way to make De Jay more rastafarian.
Boxer - Old gangster style...I like it. It reminds me of every Jay-Z album cover before The Black Album.
Claw - Oh look, another Zorro costume. Because he just wasn't fabulous enough.
Sagat - I will never get used to seeing Sagat with hair.
Akuma - Pretty f'in ******. If they held a contest for best overall alts, Akuma would probably come in first.
Adon - Monkey King! Awesome!
Rose - Oh good, her other 3 costumes didn't show off her breasts or her hair enough. I'm glad they finally solved this problem.
Sakura - Cute outfit. Not sure how she can do Haru Ranman in that though.
Guy - Wasn't confirmed but supposedly one of his alt concepts was a Strider costume. I really hope that's the one that gets chosen because it's the most awesome imo.
Dan - Also wasn't confirmed, but I hope he gets the concept sketch where his gi and hairstyle are like Akuma. All he'd need then is Otoko Michi.
Ibuki - Finally got the Sporty Spice outfit!
Makoto - They made her look like a girl? There's no comedy in that!
Abel - Glad to see he's going with the Jersey Shore look.
C. Viper - Meh, I like the bodysuit better.
El Fuerte - I liked the concept sketch where he had a cape. Regardless of what the rest of the costume looks like, I really hope they give him one.
Rufus - Dat asscrack. I like how his shirt says Candy (his girlfriend's name) on the back, that's a nice touch.
Gouken - Generic.
Juri - Another alternate costume that's better than her original.
Hakan - Don't put on a vest, it'll get all oily.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
same **** all day everyday, i finally get a green connection, i win, person leaves after first match. how the **** am i ever going to get practice at this rate?
wow@ xbox live having lag

call xbox live and ***** srsly

did you see whether or not its your connection? router? i can help u with this

@gates, yea i watch moble suit gundam 0083 n the design reminds me of the zeons

also link to pics of the alts pls i REALLY wanna seeee!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Once I know their abilities, base stat totals, and movepools, I'll let you know.

However, I can safely say that Reshiram and Zekrom are quite slow for Ubers. Zekrom (the Electric one I think) can be a decent alternative to Palkia because of dragon attacks and STAB Thunder, but Palkia is still faster and is useful outside of rain. Reshiram is just another generic bulky Ubers special sweeper, which is good because only half the pokemon in the tier can fill that role.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
There is so much fast stuff this gen and odd speed stats as well. I can't wait to add Hihidaruma to my team. 95 speed and 140 atk, he's my new CS user <3

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Once I know their abilities, base stat totals, and movepools, I'll let you know.
All of the fully evolved Pokemon have their abilities listed and their base stats are right there so you can just add them to get their BST. Ononokusu (I hope I spelled that right) definitely seems interesting to me as it has an enormous 147 Base Atk and a decent 97 Base Speed makes it seem like a decent Pokemon to put a Scarf on.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
well even though stats , types and abilities are shown you still cant judge a pokemon's usefulness 100% without knowing game mechanic changes and most importantly, their move pool. The starters are super disappointing hopefull smugleaf can learn a move to boost its offenses. I wanted to start with the piggy in honor of my old pigmask fetish
but man **** that he's god awful.

The one pokemon i like has a lame ability weak knee or some**** that lowers its stats once hp goes under 50% rofl i guess you cant use brave bird and switch into stealth rock more than once (flying rock type)

i hated the new designs, but im use to them now. They aren't as cute or traditional as older designs, some are down right ugly but some certainly are creative, and thats whats important.

What surprised me was all the 120 spam on so many pokemon and the bizarre speed tiers like 97. i think my current favorite is the psychic/fire one with all 100 base stats it's one of the few that still looks like a real pokemon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I started off with just listing what I thought of a few pokes, but then it expanded into a bunch, so I'll just do a full tentative review.

First of all, I want to say that all the designs are horrible. There is not a single one I really like at all.

The starters are all ****. I hope they have move pools that are ****ing amazing because that will be the only saving grace. Oh, and you don't need to make every ****ing fire starter into a Fire/Fighting type. Do some original **** once in a while. Why not make him Fire/Ground or something. This even makes sense because it's a pig and pigs roll in the mud. I was also hoping the grass starter would be, like, a dragon type or something, and obviously I knew it wasn't going to happen but I at least hoped he wouldn't be mono grass.

Miruhoggu, Muurando, and Leperasudu have good points and bad points, but mostly bad points.

Hiyakki, Baokki, and Yanakki are all going to be good since they all have solid attacking stats an good speed. Baokki is probably going to be the worst of the bunch for the unfortunate reason of him being weak to Stealth Rock.

Musharna will be good on Trick Room teams but not much else. Get used to seeing me say that because it's going to come up a lot.

Hey Kenhourou, Pidgeot called, he wants his spot as a Fly slave back.

Zeburaika is cool only because he's the second Motor Drive pokemon ever. Of course, he already has great speed, so most sets will focus on boosting his mediocre attack. And of course scrubs will use him with Gyarados.

Gigiasu has Sturdy so there's a very good chance that he could be a great anti-lead since Sturdy now basically works like Focus Sash. Other than that, his speed is what's really holding him back.

Hey Kokoromori, Golbat called, he wants you to stop attacking him every time he goes into a cave.

Doryuuzuu's typing is both a blessing and a curse since he gets a bunch of resistances and immunities but is weak to 4 of the most common types - Fire, Water, Fighting, and Ground. We'll see if his decent attack stats combined with his abilities can make him great or just good.

I hope Taabune's abilities are enough to save it because there's no way he's gonna get past NU on stats along.

Hey Roopushin, Hariyama called, he wants his stat spread and abilities back.

Gamageroge looks like a ****ty version of Poliwrath. Get that **** outta here. You can't compare to THE HYPNOTOAD.

Nageki and Dageki are basically the same, only with one being bulky and the other being a decent sweeper, like Hitmonlee and Hitmontop.

Hahakurimo and Pendoraa look like the average ****ty bug types that Gamefreak was contractually obligated to make.

Erufuun looks weird and random. I can't see it being good unless it has a really good movepool.

Doreida could be good in UU where the grass sweepers go to be awesome.

Basurao looks bad.

Warubiaru is going to get used because of STAB EQ, STAB Crunch (which I assume it has), and Intimidate. It's basically going to be like Gyarados with more weaknesses.

Hihidaruma, Flareon called, he says you suck.

Makarachii seems like a bunch of random ****. idk if it'll be good or not, I'll need to see the moveset.

Iwaparesu, Armaldo called, he wants his place as a bulky Bug/Rock back.

Zuruzukin could be a good tank or wall, or even a very slow sweeper. Shed Skin Resttalk is fun.

Shinpora is good in theory, but I just don't know if he has the stats or the typing to be a true Magic Guard troll. Maybe if he gets a SubRoostCP build or Endeavor.

Desukan, Dusknoir called, he wants his Atk back. I mean who uses special attacks on a ghost. Seriously.

Abagoorea is basically replacing Rhyperior as Trick Room's rock type sweeper.

Aakeosu looks like a better Aerodactyl and I can see a SubRoostAncientpower version of this being hella trollin. My only concern is that his ability might actually make him unplayable.
EDIT: Nevermind. if what Dina said about Weak-kneed is true, he's already unplayable. Kinda depends on which stats are reduced though.

Dasutodasu is probably the best pokemon in Gen 5 right now. Poison STAB, an ability that doesn't do anything in combat, and overall underwhelming stats are almost an instant promotion to Ubers.

Zoroark's ability seems pointless and a good player would be able to deduce when you're using him. He has good attacking stats though and that counts for a lot.

Chirachiino, Ambipom called, he wants his stat spread back.

Goichizeru is the definition of underwhelming. He has potential as a sweeper in UU or NU but nowhere else.

I like Rankurusu. He's like Clefable with better stats and worse typing and speed. If he gets Cosmic Power, Trick Room, Taunt, and Endeavor he'll be very fun to troll people with.

Swanna looks like crap. I hope he gets some boosting moves to make up for those ****ty stats.

Baibanira, Glaceon called, he wants his spot in Hail teams back.

Mebukijka is going to be one of those "good in sun but not anywhere else" pokemon. Unfortunately, like every other Chlorophyll pokemon, he's outclassed and outsped by Jumpluff.

Shubarugo looks like if Scizor lost Technician and gained bulk. If he doesn't get priotiry moves though, he's going to suuuuuuuck.

I hope Morobaeru gets some priority moves, cause if not then he won't get played outside of NU and Trick Room.

Burunkeru, Vaporeon called, she wants her ability as a Water Absorbing special wall back.

Mamanbou has a lot of HP and Hydration. That's all you can really say about it. It'll probably end up being a typical Bulky Water who happens to be better in rain.

SubCharge Denchura could be good since Charge Beam will hit every time with Compoundeyes and Bug and Electric hits most things for neutral. Whatever he doesn't hit for neutral can hopefully be covered by a high power low accuracy TM move like Fire Blast, Seed Flare, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Focus Blast, Draco Meteor, or whatever. High speed combined with high accuracy Thunder is going to be really good in any format, but his typing really holds him back.

Nattorei makes me think of if Forretress had higher Atk and SpD at the cost of now being weak to fighting. If he gets some goodies like Payback, Rapid Spin, and entry hazards he just might replace Forry entirely. I seriously doubt he will though, but even Stealth Rock and Gyro Ball would be good for him.

Gigigear has a terrible ability but could be decent overall. He basically makes me think of if Registeel traded almost half his SpD for good Atk and Speed. I gotta say though, his design is really dumb.

I like Shibirudon if only because he technically has no weakness, but his speed severely limits his usefulness. SubCharge could be cool though.

Oobemu looks bad. Like really bad. I think the only reason he was made was to give Trick Room teams more diversity.

Shanderaa is like the ******* child of Gengar and Heatran. I can see him being very, very useful, especially with a Scarf on.

Ononokusu could have been a Mence counter if his base speed were only 3 points higher. As of now he barely checks Mence. His physical attack is monstrous though and he'll likely stay in OU or BL for that reason alone. His other thats aren't very impressive - Defense is nice but he's not bulky overall and his SpA is so low that it might not even be worth having Draco Meteor as an option on him.

Tsunbeaa is just a mediocre Hail attacker. Like Mamoswine without STAB Earthquake. This doesn't sound too bad in theory until you realize that STAB Earthquake is what makes Mamo so good.

Furiijio, Regice called, he wants his failed attempt at being a special wall back. Though to be fair, Regice doesn't have Levitate, which may or may not make very little difference.

Agirudaa will be good in Ubers because Bug STAB can **** up a lot of major things in the tier (Mewtwo, Mew, Lati@s, Deoxys, Darkrai, and of course Wobbuffet) and Hydration can help a lot in sweeping. I can see him being used a little bit in other tiers just because of his base 145 speed, but I doubt that alone will be enough for him, especially since he's so frail. Time will tell I suppose.

Magyoo, Lanturn called, he wants his job back.

Kojondo has some good points to him despite his frailty. At the very least, Inner Focus combined with his attack and speed stats will make him a good anti-lead. I'm interested in knowing what his ability does though.

I liked Kurimugan until I saw his speed stat. Gamefreak, nobody likes Trick Room teams so give your pokes decent speed stats already.

Goruggo will probably be used for his immunities, bulk, and physical attack alone. He better get a full suite of elemental punches though, including Meteor Mash, or else his only good ability will be a waste.

Kirikizan is a UU anti-lead if I ever saw one.

Baffuron, Tauros called he wants his blah blah blah.

Wargle's got some nice bulk and a **** fine Atk stat. I don't know if that'll be enough to use him over Staraptor though. I guess a SubRoost build would be good, but his coverage on that would be worrisome.

Barujina is going to be good for a Sandstorm stall team and not much else.

I can't decide if Kuitaran is UU or NU material. Either way, Arcanine called, he wants his bone back.

I'm going to keep my eye on Aianto. He kind of makes me think of if Scizor had good speed instead of Technician Bullet Punch and an additional 26 attack points. He could be good, could be bad. SwarmSubLietchi could be a cool set on this guy if he gets Agility or Sock Polish, and if not then SwarmSubSalacSD.

I like Sazando. He's going to have a huge impact on Ubers since he STABs like everything in the tier. A tad slow though, which will hold him back against Mence, Palkia, and Garchomp.

Urugamosu is going to be UU for his typing alone. He'll be good in UU though like how Moltres is (or was I guess).

Kobaruon, Terakion, and Birijion look pretty sweet. Kobaru looks like a great physical wall, Birijion looks like a great physical sweeper, and Birijion looks like a great special wall (aside from her fire weakness). Stall now has access to 2 fast hard-hitting walls, but it's ok because aggro has access to a fast, bulky sweeper with STAB rock and fighting. I'm really excited about these three.

Torunerosu is certainly interesting. Finally making a mono-flying pokemon is an interesting step and one I'm sure a lot of people were waiting for. Great offensive stats and decent bulk help him out a lot too. Borutorosu is just as good, but possibly better since he'll likely replace Zapdos entirely except in stall teams where Zapdos' superior bulk and Pressure come in handy. Randorusu on the other hand seems kind of inferior to Gliscor, except for his SpD. I suppose it's better for sweeping though.

I already talked about the mascots.

Kyuremu's typing seems redundant for Ubers, but I guess he can hit Groudon harder? Anyway, high HP, really good bulk, base 130 attacking stats and slightly above average speed means he'll be played to hell and back in Ubers. Watch out for Stealth Rock though. Maybe he could be used as an Anti-lead.

Kerudio...idk, Poliwrath will always be my favorite Fighting/Water, but he seems good for his bulk and speed.

Meloia's typing seems kinf of...well I mean look at Girafarig. Unlike Girafarig though, she has the stats to actually be good offensively and defensively, so we'll se. Colbur Berry could be good on her.

Genosekuto is a combination of Porygon-Z and Scizor. If you didn't think any part of that sentence was awesome then you should hang yourself.

Victini's typing is terrible. It better have a really, really good moveset or ability to compensate or I can see it being worse than Shaymin. I doubt it will though.

So in short, a vast majority of the pokemon in this game are based off of older versions of other pokemon and then drawn to look like ****. Maybe it's time Gamefreak stopped for a while?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like how you say "worthwhile shooting games" and then don't mention the Bioshock series or anything from Valve.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I typed it between midnight and 2 in the morning. I definitely do not have too much time on my hands, I just don't have classes on Friday.

Laem

Smash Champion
interesting stuff in this thread
1. arguing stats instead of looks of pokemon right away >.> (btw, to my suprise, most of em are alright, except like Gear Gigear Gigigear <<< WTF IS UP WITH THAT BS)
2. "metroid prime is an FPS" >.> Regarding FPS. CoD runs the best engine, Cod1/Cod2 best FPS hands down.
and bioshock... really? MP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(infinity) bioshock

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So supposedly Serebii got the base stats wrong. My analysis, she is useless now.

Also, more SSFIV alts.

T. Hawk - Pretty cool. Not quite as good as his other alt though. I think if Capcom decided what tribe T. Hawk was from it would help them choose his alts.
Cody - Oh cool, he has an actual prison uniform.
Guy - Boo. They should've gone with the Strider alt.
Dan - Hey, it's Go Hibiki! JESUS CHRIST DAT NOSE.
Dudley - Gentlemanly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
1. arguing stats instead of looks of pokemon right away >.>
I honestly don't even see artistic design anymore. My expectations are pretty low...I mean they've done just about everything by now.

2. "metroid prime is an FPS" >.>
I guess you could argue that it's a first-person adventure game in the same way that Portal is a first-person puzzle game.

CoD runs the best engine,
Actually, if you're talking about engines alone, the CryEngine is probably better technically than the IW Engine. Of course they all look good and there are very minor differences. The only engine that's really apart from the rest is Halo's engine, which is full of lulz.

Cod1/Cod2 best FPS hands down.
People praising a 7 year old game isn't too uncommon, but CoD is generally not one of those games. Still, I have a friend who has been a fan of the CoD series and he has said that the earlier games are better than COD4 and MW2 since the latter two have basically turned from something fairly tactical into campfests that any idiot can be good at.

and bioshock... really? MP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(infinity) bioshock
Elaborate please. Also, since we've determined that Metroid Prime is an adventure game instead of an FPS, you're really comparing two completely different genres. It would be like saying Tetris > SFII.

Laem

Smash Champion
I honestly don't even see artistic design anymore. My expectations are pretty low...I mean they've done just about everything by now.
haha, thats one way to look at things

regarding the comparison, i personally dont really see bioshock as an fps either(although its more arguable than MP) so that's where my comparison comes from

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so whos your fav new pokemon i like Birijon #640. I want a jolly one with 252 speed and 252 attack swords dance/ leaf blade/ close combat / filler

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Hihidaruma #555, I want mine with Jolly nature, 252 speed/attack with Fire Punch, T-Punch, Close Combat, and EQ @ CS.

But in reality his best moves will probably be Flare Blitz and Crunch and maybe Body Slam with no elemental punches and CC.

So in the end I probably won't have one on my team, even though I really do want one.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ROFL BLAZIKEN GETS SPEED BOOST?

kiss yer *** goodbye infernape, chicken is tasty again!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Also, Pert getting Damp pissed me the **** off. Explosion is a big way I get rid of them and now they won't need to run protect.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Wait... wuuuuuuut?! :dizzy:
dream world ability. Im so glad, blazekien was the original king of fire/fighting, ape needs to gtfo

rofl farefetch'd got brave bird but no evolution

lawl so far i dont think flareon got flare blitz unless its an egg move, they gave him fire blast on level up instead

ill mention if i find anything else interesting

they have drought ninetails (id like to scarf that and spam flamethrower) and drizzle politoed, thats cool since those two were pretty medicore otherwise

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Explosion: Physical Normal PP: 5 Power: 250 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: User faints as part of this attack's use. Opponent's Defense is temporarily halved in damage calculation. Fails if no target exists (doesn't cause fainting).

were these two buffs really called for?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
rofl, too easy trying to bait gates into attacking me. Go win some tournies you piece of ****. :lick:

anyways i dont see stall working anymore. Theres a lot of broken **** here. High jump kick went to 130 and blaziken got it. Also, lol medicham. He can also baton pass speed and bulk up boosts. Infernape's days in the spotlight are over. I heard stealth rock isnt a tm anymore. I wonder if protect is? I would like protect on my Blaziken.

........... lightningrod on seaking. Why? He still sucks now its overkill unless they buffed the ability to grant it immunity

tee hee rest is now sleep for 3 turns

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I won two in a row of Texas largest tourny ever held at Space Center Houston. Then i stopped going because i was wasting my time and felt i was stealing wins. Nice try.

Also i knew that already, hence nothing survives if explosion is a crit even if the pokemon resists it.

Gates quit trying to troll me at pokemon. It's not possible and just further proves your general inferiority complex so

teehee at all this saltiness over a child's game. people these days!

Top Bottom