• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Don't know anything about Starkville's smash scene, but do you figure more people could've been attracted if say, it didn't start so early in the morning?

ieatdurcookie

Smash Rookie
anyone going to this?

http://cyberlinxgaming.com/24801.html

nothing about smash listed there, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to contact the place, offer to bring our own wiis/gamecubes/N64s, copies of smash, and TVs and see if we can set up a tournament or something there during the "frag fest" in a month.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I've become a member of Project M, and subsequently will be bringing a Project M setup to the upcoming monthly. I must say that it's fun as hell, and while it's not perfectly emulating Melee, they did a really good job.

Some things of note that need to be said regarding it, and when the demo is released. The three biggest issues right now is landing detection (in melee landing was determined by your knees rather than your feet), DI (it functions like Brawl DI), and Crouch canceling (they haven't found a way to have legit CC'ing yet, they currently have a band-aid in place for it though).

Also, under no circumstances should anyone be messing with my SD card. The slot on my wii will be taped down. If anyone is seen tampering with it, I might just have to punch someone in the neck...

...with my foot.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I've become a member of Project M, and subsequently will be bringing a Project M setup to the upcoming monthly. I must say that it's fun as hell, and while it's not perfectly emulating Melee, they did a really good job.

Some things of note that need to be said regarding it, and when the demo is released. The three biggest issues right now is landing detection (in melee landing was determined by your knees rather than your feet), DI (it functions like Brawl DI), and Crouch canceling (they haven't found a way to have legit CC'ing yet, they currently have a band-aid in place for it though).

Also, under no circumstances should anyone be messing with my SD card. The slot on my wii will be taped down. If anyone is seen tampering with it, I might just have to punch someone in the neck...

...with my foot.
Yay :D Alphas and threats

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So who is up for having PM added in place of Brawl for the monthlies? Nobody is showing up for Brawl, and Brawl fans would probably prefer PM over melee...

I wouldn't mind picking up a demo char for that. Just sayin.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
MookieRah: Bring your copy lol, **** 14 characters.

And yeah that's probably a good idea, but I don't really have a vested interest since I retired.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Yes, Lemons isn't interested. His next goal is to follow in Ken's footsteps and be a competitor on the show Survivor. Where he will win of course, surpassing Ken. Lemons knows no defeat lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys let's make a combo video

When do you want to get together to start mad styling on each other?

no homo?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Guys let's make a combo video

When do you want to get together to start mad styling on each other?

no homo?
I was goofing around with snake the other day and I did possibly the coolest thing since frozen ice. I'll have to get it from my buddy's SD card and show you the awesomeness. But combo video needs to happen!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So apparently there is a push to get tourny results archived and they wanted to include the innsomnia series (woot you guys!). Unfortunately, I lost tio and all my results in a hard drive crash a couple years ago so the only thing I have access to is whatever shows up in "innsomnia results" search thread here. If any of you have any old tio screenshots or list of results from anything inn related, please toss me a pm. I'd say post it here, but I won't lie, I probably won't see it. I don't get on here near as often as I wish I could. Stupid life being so crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone :) Thanks

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Are there any MS Brawl players still active? Or is MS completely dead? >_>

ieatdurcookie

Smash Rookie
the closest thing to a smash tourney in MS right now is probably the SSB64 best 2 out of 3 doubles game I'm playing in tomorrow with some friends for $10.

if we can get anything going on around jackson i'd be down for sure.

Top Bottom