• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
^Ditto lol. I know this has been asked a bunch of times b4 but what ever happened to that big national tourney that was supposed to be held at MSU? And is there any possible way it could be revived at some point?

Also, are there by any chance any active Brawl players at Ole Miss?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just wanted to bring to your attention that Louisiana is hosting the largest tournament our state has to offer; Smashcon. We are making final preparations as we speak and we'd love to see Mississippi attend this tournament. The tournament is listed in the console gaming section of the boards, but since I don't know how often you guys look at that, here's the link to be safe. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322514

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
^Ditto lol. I know this has been asked a bunch of times b4 but what ever happened to that big national tourney that was supposed to be held at MSU? And is there any possible way it could be revived at some point?

Also, are there by any chance any active Brawl players at Ole Miss?
I'm not technically at Ole Miss since I graduated last year, but there's a 90% chance I'll be returning for grad school this fall. I guess you could label me as "active" though I'm a tad out of practice, but you will be have a hell of a hard time finding anyone else at Ole Miss that still plays.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I'm not technically at Ole Miss since I graduated last year, but there's a 90% chance I'll be returning for grad school this fall. I guess you could label me as "active" though I'm a tad out of practice, but you will be have a hell of a hard time finding anyone else at Ole Miss that still plays.
Oh ok, well thanks anyway. I won't even be going to Ole Miss till 2013 when I graduate (planning on it anyways fingers crossed) but I just wanted to know.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
Well it's been a while; how's everyone doing?
Me? well i'm still wishing there would be some tournaments in this state somewhere... or something.... hell i don't even got the game; haven't played it in bout 2 years....

well hope everyone else is still smashing out there

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Hey all~

I got a job with the TSA and will be relocating to Dallas. Sorry to those who are going to Ole Miss. :c

Winnar, Iori, everyone whom I met that one time, it was a pleasure brawling with you guys ^^

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hey Mississippi
I'm looking into updating this and wanted to double check that this is still the best thread to try to contact other smashers if you're in MS.

Also if y'all have any power rankings threads it would be great if someone would pm me links to those. (And let others know they PM'd me about it.)

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Sadly, no. There is really NO smash scene here. Apparently there used to be a club or something at MSU, but as far as I know, that is over with. Hell, I would love to host tourneys or smashfests or anything, but I don't really know of anyone that would attend. It's just dead here.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
this topic makes me sad. I want some get together or something.

though it'll be hard for me to attend anything with as micj bull**** going on at work.

last check was my lowest since my first check. not even 300$ . I hate my life...

anyone live anywhere around here? I can travel some but not much nowadays

:phone:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
If you guys could get something in Hattiesburg I could definitely bring a carpool, it's in reasonable distance for us coasters (or just me and my friend really lol).

I love the Alabama and Louisiana tournaments but I need to show some love to my home state!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I'm afraid to play Melee, to technical lol.

I have no one good to practice with either but if u really want to get better at Brawl then u can always practice against lvl 9 cpus like I do. It's boring but its better than nothing.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
It's so rewarding once you finally start to get somewhat good at Melee though!

I don't even own a Wii, otherwise I would attempt to play Brawl.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Yeah I bet it is. Its just that sense I have no one to practice with and my main character Sonic is not in the game I have no motivation to attempt to play Melee competitively.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
I tried to get into brawl. .
never really got into it but been to a couple tournament for it..
where's all the melee players at?

we really gotta try and work something out. .

Malkz

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends all play in Laurel. We went to Smashcon and my friend Mason managed to place. Hoping to go to the next one and do well.

Malkz

Smash Rookie
We unfortunately could not make it. :( Prior engagement and what not. Hope the tournament was a success. :) We are trying real hard to make the next one.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
well i'm out of a ride for a bit..
car caught fire while driving down the road O_O
scared the **** outta us...

so yeah.. maybe i'll have a ride soon..
btw Malks, do you play melee or brawl? laurel is like an hour half drive from where i stay.

Malkz

Smash Rookie
well i'm out of a ride for a bit..
car caught fire while driving down the road O_O
scared the **** outta us...

so yeah.. maybe i'll have a ride soon..
btw Malks, do you play melee or brawl? laurel is like an hour half drive from where i stay.
Just Brawl. We all played Melee years ago but it fell out of favor within my group sadly.

D

Deleted member

ima be in pass christian this wednesday and thursday. anyone good at melee in the area? robo im looking at you for answers.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
if You visit pass Christian any other time soon I may be able to make a trip. that's where my mom lives.

but right now I have a crappy car that's barely running so I can't go many places. .
Hopefully things will be better next year

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Clinton is quite the trek for me. Slidell is do able at any time so I will most definitely be there on Jan 20th.

All you northern Mississippians should know the only decent place here is the coast :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just as a heads up, we've confirmed the date for Smashcon's Summer convention. It's going to be on June 29th and 30th. We are still working out the kinks in our plans and coming up with an official schedule (seeing as we just had a meeting about it tonight).

What we are looking at is to have Smash on Saturday along with a fighter or two (and Project M if I remember correctly), then Sunday will be more fighters and card tournaments, I also remember hearing table top gaming, but there were so many of us talking at once, I don't remember hearing if that was going to happen.

Concerning Smash, if we get a big enough turnout (planning on it), we will have doubles and pools Saturday and the have the bracket Sunday.

Hope to see you guys there, and I'll keep you guys posted as new details are confirmed.

Denti

Smash Master
I'm a top Brawl player from Texas and I'm going to be in Mississippi from July 4th-7th Is there anything like a tournament or whatever happening on that date nearby?

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Well, I'm at Ole Miss now. If by some miracle there is another BRAWL player here then hit me up on here and we can brawl sometime.

Top Bottom