• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, I'm at Ole Miss now. If by some miracle there is another BRAWL player here then hit me up on here and we can brawl sometime.
I'm not from MS, but I'm the best Brawl player in LA. I'm actually about 30 minutes from the MS state line. If you ever want to attend our events here in southeast Louisiana, you'd be more than welcome to. If you guys in MS host your own events, I'd be able to attend as well. :D

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=greensboro nc&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8853193f38c77b79:0x93b9c49478be12c8,Greensboro, NC&gl=us&ei=-OqDUtq1AcjKkAehzoHoCg&ved=0CJ8BELYD Does any1 live close to Clinton, MS!? Im a serious player and would like to meet up specifically for character match up training. And prolly make some new friends :D. My name is Chris Garza and havent skipped a day of smash..............in a long time XD. WINNAR COME BACK TO MELEE! lol Oh and i play melee not brawl. possibly PM but unlikely thanks again.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
it's about 2 hours or so away from me; everyone on here should just join up the SSBM online netplay group. it's awesome >_>

but maybe one day we can meet up for some console melee; my car sucks still so it's unlikely to be anytime soon..

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
whoot; get it winnar; i wanna play you again. i've goten alot better and i bet you have too :D

and now we got another dude from pascagoula joined

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so slow.. does anyone still play? we need a new smash scene aroudn here! hopefully be getting a new job soon *well i'm gonna try* so maybe after that i can travel and do stuff..
but until then dolphin netplay will do fine..

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Yo does anybody live near the Gulf Coast? I'd be willing to drive a fair distance for brawl/melee.

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
I feel like this state is sprinkled with a bunch of players who are decent to above average at this game, but they're all lazy and refuse to drive lol

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Folks, we are gonna start up a Mississippi State/Starkville/North MS/Kewl weekly event. More details to come.
Heck yeah, dude. I visit some buddies up in Starkville sometimes, so I'd totally be down for this. I'd get them to go too, even though they're bad lol

Yoooooooo I got you, I live on the coast
Where at dude? I live close to Gautier, near the MGCCC-JC community college. We should totally set something up.

Last edited:

oberkapo

Smash Rookie
Heck yeah, dude. I visit some buddies up in Starkville sometimes, so I'd totally be down for this. I'd get them to go too, even though they're bad lol

Where at dude? I live close to Gautier, near the MGCCC-JC community college. We should totally set something up.
Live on the Gulfport/Long Beach line my man

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oi, if you guys play Brawl, Melee, or P:M, save March 1st in your calendars. Mobile is having a tournament that day. I'm going and you guys should too. I've also issued a challenge that if any irregulars go (don't matter where from), then I'll do a 1v6 crew battle against them for P:M.

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Yo I can actually make that. I'll try to get some baddies to come from the coast so you can take their money too lol

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
So Its 75% official. but ill possibly be in MS working starting in May. Ocean springs area. Ill be workin on Ship Wreck island(lifeguard). Anyone in that area?

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cyz, skaterbaj, oberkapo. Im assuming yall have already hooked up. Im picking up this game again after a looong time im in Ocean Springs. Anyone have a place and time?

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
So I found a place in Gautier that seems to be a really good spot for smashfests/locals or whatever. It's a card shop of sorts called maCnarB (lol) and it's pretty spacious. I'll know more by the end of the week, but the owner seems really chill and they hold events all the time so get hype.

Varuna and skaterbaj OS is less than ten minutes away from Gautier just sayin'

Actually, **** man, I read the wrong thing. Anyway here's the group: facebook.com/groups/225422580914869
**** is this a thing? Lol cool, I'll post this there too when they accept my request

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
whoo varuna starting to play again? oh yeah! >->

blah the only way i've been able to play for a while is over netplay.. i need a new car so i can travel... and i keep saying that but it's hard to do anything with no money..

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Hey guys, I'm from Collierville, TN (It's right outside of Memphis) but I'll actually be attending Mississippi State this coming Fall!
So Starkville will technically be my home away from home for a while haha. I'd love to play some people in the area and have some fun once I'm there!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
well i been training my friend to play some and we been talking about we need some more tourneys around here.

SO... who wants to help set something up somewhere? there's really not many good places around where i live to do anything with and the house i live in wont' work out so well for multiple reasons. *mostly lack of space for set ups*

so come on people if we can get something going in this state i'll try and find a way up there. maybe a bus ticket or something if it comes to that.. if it isn't 3+ hours away i'd feel comfortable driving my car; but i don't trust it over long distances. it's old.. but surely we can work something out.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The card shop is right across from MGCCC in Gautier, I could get in on this. East side of OS, so it's a 10 minute drive that I pass through on the way to work in Pascagoula.

Though I'd have to pick up Brawl again.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i have heard nothing about it; but i don't live around meridian either. Give me some info and i might be able to attend; i can trust an hour drive. though if it's just brawl i probably wont come since i dont' play brawl *havent played brawl since the one brawl tourney i entered at MSU like 3 years ago?* and even then i hadn't plyaed in probably a year or so.

Top Bottom