• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

3GOD

Smash Ace
Well I posted there and asked the guy to IM me or post something here - might there be another smash community hidden in Starkville of which I know nothing? Only time or apples will tell!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Gamefaqs Guy said:
Rules for the Tournament
1. Items will be turned off (please no arguining about this)
2. Stock will be set to 7
3. Damage will be set to 0.8
lol..... damage to .8? Wtf?

LinkofOrdon, if you see this thread, I would probably come to your tournament if you used standard rules. But don't expect anyone to go with random stuff like that.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
Shai; he already said he'd change the rules; read more of the thread.

i mainly hang out on gamefaqs; this guy sounds like he's alright; but he just never really doen a tourney before.

but still; he said he's put it normal

Sariku

Smash Master
I wanna make some videos of me too, I'm not pro status yet, nor do I suck... I'd say I'm rather average, alittle bit more is at best, and thats still pushing it...

I like to try to be modest with my skill, I hate it when people come and say they rock and use all these fancy terms. While I havn't seen videos or such of everyone that says that, I doubt that Half of the members on SmashBoards are all Pros.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'll try to go Tuesday, but I dont know if I'll be able too since I also teach Karate. Either or, as Ragnarock said, don't have that kind of attitude, lol. Be crazy.

But now I think your being sarcastic... what if your a pro... and only say your a n00b!?

I...Must...Smash...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I'll try to go Tuesday, but I dont know if I'll be able too since I also teach Karate. Either or, as Ragnarock said, don't have that kind of attitude, lol. Be crazy.

But now I think your being sarcastic... what if your a pro... and only say your a n00b!?

I...Must...Smash...
I am by no means pro. . . . . . . . . . . . Plus, I have n00b in my name. It is obvious I am a n00b right? :chuckle: I haven't played in awhile so I might be "rusty." (I am setting up my future john when I lose XD)

n00b's pretty good...he usually wrecks me anyway. =\
You make it sound like I pwn you with like three stock every match. lol Don't be so harsh. I am the only around here who can be harsh on oneself. XD

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i hate eveyroen who's able to go to the tourney tommorow ;_; I CAN'T GO!

... god****ed coast >_> why's it gotta be so ****in far away >_< *goes on ranting and raving8

in other news 3450.2 ft Luigi

<_< *walks aways*

ragnarock

Smash Lord
i hate eveyroen who's able to go to the tourney tommorow ;_; I CAN'T GO!

... god****ed coast >_> why's it gotta be so ****in far away >_< *goes on ranting and raving8

in other news 3450.2 ft Luigi

<_< *walks aways*
How many hours do you live from Mobile, Al.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
to tellt he truth i have no idea O_o.. probally about 3 hours or so? >_>
acutally..

Start: philadelphia, ms 39365
End: Mobile, AL
Total Time:5 hours 10 minutes
Total Distance:322.8 miles

so yeah =/ long ways

from where i stay on the coast it's only like an hour and a half though..

but meh

NES n00b

Smash Master
Too bad Varuna wasn't there and no one could stay after the thourney. =(

Oh well, still fun anyways. XD See you guys during winter break or something very far away like that.

Edit: You might not want to put vids of me, 3GOD. My n00bness might show. >_< XD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
What's this about a starkville tournament? And why the hell didn't 3GOD tell me about it today? I'd like to know if a tournament is being planned where I'm at XD.

The last time we had a starky tournament we had a decent showing of about 30 I think, although we also had GA Wes and some of his friends come to it which was part of this massive summer tour around the south attending tournaments for 5 straight weeks. I really doubt they would show up again cause it's not on the way to a larger tournament, but you never know, I haven't seen Wes in a while and he might want to come down for old times sake.

I know for a fact that JC and perhaps even Scrib want to go to another tournament. JC has been meaning to hit up a bi-weekly as of late. So for the guaranteed locals we have myself, 3GOD, Shai, NESNoob(he's not local, but I know he'll be there), JC and very likely Scrib. I'll also see about posting up some flyers and see if we can get some scrubs to fill the pot. If we get a handful of them I suggest to NOT **** THEM so fast, or else they will leave and we don't get their money!

Other likely candidates would be Andy Anderman of Anderton Enterprises (Moogle), and probably a small group with him. Cursed Yoma would show. So yeah, if nothing else we'd have a GREAT smashfest and a mini tournament.

Sariku

Smash Master
What's this about a starkville tournament? And why the hell didn't 3GOD tell me about it today? I'd like to know if a tournament is being planned where I'm at XD.

The last time we had a starky tournament we had a decent showing of about 30 I think, although we also had GA Wes and some of his friends come to it which was part of this massive summer tour around the south attending tournaments for 5 straight weeks. I really doubt they would show up again cause it's not on the way to a larger tournament, but you never know, I haven't seen Wes in a while and he might want to come down for old times sake.

I know for a fact that JC and perhaps even Scrib want to go to another tournament. JC has been meaning to hit up a bi-weekly as of late. So for the guaranteed locals we have myself, 3GOD, Shai, NESNoob(he's not local, but I know he'll be there), JC and very likely Scrib. I'll also see about posting up some flyers and see if we can get some scrubs to fill the pot. If we get a handful of them I suggest to NOT **** THEM so fast, or else they will leave and we don't get their money!

Other likely candidates would be Andy Anderman of Anderton Enterprises (Moogle), and probably a small group with him. Cursed Yoma would show. So yeah, if nothing else we'd have a GREAT smashfest and a mini tournament.
You live in Tupolo Mississippi? I prbably spelt it wrong, but whatever. Your not too far away from us. You should come to an Edgewater Tourney in a few weeks, love to get ownzed.

3GOD

Smash Ace
The tournament isn't for sure - the guy is on GameFAQs and won't respond so I don't know if he'll do anything or not. I meant to mention to you that there was a guy on GameFAQs who was talking about a tournament, but I guess it slipped my mind.

Also, I thought that whoever this guy was probably needed to be brought into the competitive scene gradually. I was hoping to contact him and get in some friendly play before he goes hosting a tournament.

That said - I do hope we can host one sometime this fall.

NES n00b

Smash Master

How dare you assume I will be there! XD

You know me too well Mookie. I would love Starkville tournies with people like that in them. Yeahuzz. I coulf be a n00b in them and everything. Are you sure the Tupelo people would come though? I thought I was the only one driving two hours for small or unown tournies/smashfests. XD

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
How dare you assume I will be there! XD

You know me too well Mookie. I would love Starkville tournies with people like that in them. Yeahuzz. I coulf be a n00b in them and everything. Are you sure the Tupelo people would come though? I thought I was the only one driving two hours for small or unown tournies/smashfests. XD
Well they go to school at State so they'll be in Starkville during the semester...

Mookie, if you can get the Tupelo people active again and if we can get the interest (i.e., $$) of some local scrubs we'd probably have enough people to have small biweeklies in Starkville.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Shai Hulud, are you going to G4S4, because if you are we need to talk, call me at 251-457-1918, you should know my real name.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Well they go to school at State so they'll be in Starkville during the semester...

Mookie, if you can get the Tupelo people active again and if we can get the interest (i.e., $$) of some local scrubs we'd probably have enough people to have small biweeklies in Starkville.
Every Tupelo player goes to MS State. Darn it. Why am I in Ole Miss again? :laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master
We need to through a huge Tourney in like Jackson or Hattiesburg or something. I would go.

I probably won't get too far in it, unless I get some MAJOR practicing in, but to fight new people, as NES n00b said, thats my big "problem."

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

I'd drive down (and bring other Memphis/Southaven pplz) for Mookie, Scrib, JC, Moogle, 3GOD, etc.

3GOD

Smash Ace
To dudes in Starkville, when would be the best time during the week to smash (specifically Mookie and Shai since I know they come here semi-often)?

Good times for me (in order of bestness):
1) Monday afternoons about 3:00ish until 6:00ish
2) Wednesday or Thursday night about 6:00ish until 9:00ish (one or the other to be determined soon)
3) Other afternoons after 2:00 or 3:00 possible maybe

Also, I hope we can organize a few smashfests on Saturdays and get NES n00b and maybe JC, Scrib, Robert, and D (hopefully they can come to other times sometimes too) to come as well.

One other thing - I'd like to host a tournament maybe in October (I'm thinking Oct. 20 looks like a good date when there is not a home football game). I'm hoping we can find a place to host it for free (maybe a student can get a place on campus for free - might have to be related to some student organization - in which case, I wonder if it's possible to form a smash/gaming organization).

Oh yeah, and there is this as well:
LAST Smash: 9/22/07 Baton Rouge, LA- Southern Smash Circuit!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
In general, MWF 130 - 200 or later, Tuesday nights, and Thursday after 300 I should be available provided I don't have excessive homework or previous plans. I should be here some weekends too.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so can't anyone try and get somethign going?

that gamefaqs guy seems to have disappareaed so i dont's uppose we'll be hearing about him setting up a tourney any time soon.

and it just tsuskcs

-Chad-

Slackerator
I don't really forsee any tournies breaking even 20+ if held in the Southern MS area
: (

Well maybe if a lot of LA came and AL...I dunno. It'd be bad if it went like the one 3GOD held a long time back (10 people came I think? That includes the 5 I brought =x)

NES n00b

Smash Master
I don't really forsee any tournies breaking even 20+ if held in the Southern MS area

Well maybe if a lot of LA came and AL...I dunno. It'd be bad if it went like the one 3GOD held a long time back (10 people came I think? That includes the 5 I brought =x)
rofl. That doesn't sound good. Does your brother play smash? Maybe I should meet him or something.

-Chad-

Slackerator
My brother is basically the opposite of me...so not really no.

He's into sports, and that kind of stuff, he's not much for Smash or most any video games.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

I agree that the scenes west and east of southern Mississippi are not huge but it really seems like a waste sometimes because we have venues whose quality and classiness are on par with Las Vegas.

NES n00b

Smash Master
My brother is basically the opposite of me...so not really no.

He's into sports, and that kind of stuff, he's not much for Smash or most any video games.
OMG, what a loser. JK

Anyways, I want to see some vids soon of the MS players. I want to see my MS brethren smiting those other mid south players (and against themselves I guess lol). I am still waiting to see those people I have no clue about in that locater. . . . . .thing. I guess watching Chad, Myztek, 3GOD, Shai, and Mookie wouldn't be too bad either (Even though I think I watched all of them). XD Maybe get JCpwn vids, too .

Top Bottom