• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hopefully I can make this. Depends on when school starts up/when I get off work at DreamWorks Animation this summer.

I wanna grab some Mississippians.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Its only 18 hours away which is surely do-able for the East Coast. I'll be sure to mention this tourney in the tristate and maybe we can get a couple cars over here. We'll see :D
:D

Hopefully I can make this. Depends on when school starts up/when I get off work at DreamWorks Animation this summer.

I wanna grab some Mississippians.
Yay :D

I updated the info a little bit explaining how the guaranteed money is going to work.

Basically, $500 donated from us into N64 singles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Brawl Doubles. That's on top of all the money from entries

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
For some reason I keep getting confused about the pot. Is it a pot bonus, a guaranteed pot, or both.

So if there are 100 brawl singles entrants, would the pot be $2000 + $500 dollars equalling $2500 for singles? That method would be both.

Winnar

Smash Lord
For some reason I keep getting confused about the pot. Is it a pot bonus, a guaranteed pot, or both.

So if there are 100 brawl singles entrants, would the pot be $2000 + $500 dollars equalling $2500 for singles? That method would be both.
I literally just said this about 5 posts before yours, but yes that is how it works.

Seriously though what kind of whack tournament would have a $20 singles entry fee and only put $500 in the pot? That would be so terrible.

Basically, $500 donated from us into N64 singles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Brawl Doubles. That's on top of all the money from entries
This. If its bonus, I'm coming lmao
ALLY CONFIRMED? :D

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
This tournament is now diamonds.
/Oldspice.

I'll see about Pensacola coming.
It'll be hyped as **** if we do, we're a rowdy bunch.

We could convince your grandmother to play Smash, and have her enter.

Keitaro

I literally just said this about 5 posts before yours, but yes that is how it works.

Seriously though what kind of whack tournament would have a $20 singles entry fee and only put $500 in the pot? That would be so terrible.
The last 2 tournies that had guaranteed pot had a guarantee of lets say $1000. If there were only 2 players it would still be $1000. But if there were 51 players at $20 per person the pot would be $1020, meaning the tourney hosts don't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Seeing as those last 2 tournies did it that way I thought you were too. I consider what you're doing more of a Bonus Pot overall. I think you would get much more attention if you said $2500 Bonus Pot over $2500 Guaranteed Pot.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Keitaro why dont u and i come together :)

also all info for apex will be revealed after pound.

I choose certain events for their brawl and melee attendance.

For brawl I choose

- WC : Tourney Play
- South : Hobo
- Mw : No Koast
- EC : Ktar

For melee I choose

WC : Tourney Play
South : MSU
MW : Vro and juggle guy havent told me the name but they are doing it
EC : No Johns

all details will be up later but thats basically there.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Although this is not directly related to this tournament, it does slightly indirectly affect it. I'm attempting to become a member of Project: M through my graphic design prowess.

To persuade them I remade their logo, check it out here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12293279@N02/5386575056/lightbox/

Here is a tiny version:

If I do get into Project M, then I would be better able to help set up the Project M side events we were wanting to have.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Although this is not directly related to this tournament, it does slightly indirectly affect it. I'm attempting to become a member of Project: M through my graphic design prowess.

To persuade them I remade their logo, check it out here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12293279@N02/5386575056/lightbox/

Here is a tiny version:

If I do get into Project M, then I would be better able to help set up the Project M side events we were wanting to have.

I think Project 64 is gonna be better.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah this needs to be posted in again.

So who's hyped for Project M demo coming out in a few weeks?

PS I'll update the stuff tomorrow or Friday :D

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So who's hyped for Project M demo coming out in a few weeks?
You should be hyped, cause it's damned amazing. Keep in mind it's not perfect and they are still tweaking things, and you should be able to enjoy it A LOT.

Hopefully I'll have made a new logo, better than their current one, that the team likes, and then I'll work on the splash screens and other graphics that need to be done.

Keitaro

M2K and some other top players would definetely come ot this if I told him about it (I think :p). I'm going to do so now :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
M2K messaged me with some questions on AIM about MSU, which I'm going to assume means he's interested :D

Also gogogo Keitaro :D

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Brelee XD

How do you come up with this stuff
Cuz I'm amazing, I would totally give up my Brawl addiction for a Brelee addiction. I would go back to MK and play MK with Wavedashing. He would be even more broken lol. Wavedashing MK = unstoppable.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Its only 18 hours away which is surely do-able for the East Coast. I'll be sure to mention this tourney in the tristate and maybe we can get a couple cars over here. We'll see :D
This. Likely attending.

Keitaro

M2K messaged me with some questions on AIM about MSU, which I'm going to assume means he's interested :D

Also gogogo Keitaro :D
Welp time to start saving money for this.
This will be very hype.
I might come to this.

Got family in the area
This. Likely attending.
Keitaro, take me.
Yay!! EC (and Gnes) are quick to respond!!

Sure Inui I'll take ya. You gonna be in all my far OOR trips <3

Top Bottom