• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

tw1n

Smash Champion
Pending on financial interests, my brother and I may be able to make this.

By financial interests of course I mean if we aren't still poor from going to Genesis 2 lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
^^ Lol, I understand ya. But I think we're gonna be better than Genesis just from the sheer size of our space, special equipment we have, and the amount of FREE money to win in Side Events each night
It's not really a competition lol chill out a bit

Tw1n - :D I really hope we'll get to see you two out here, that would be SUPER awesome!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Nvm that other stuff, the site is up. www.msusmash.com

[Old]Hopefully I'll have the site up soon, I think I plugged the DNS information correctly. Trying to talk to a technical assistant to make sure, cause I don't want to wait 1-3 days to find out I did it wrong.[/Old]

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
im coming for ssb64, can we get free entry fee if we bring a console or something

Winnar

Smash Lord
We have the venue for only 2 days, and the hotels for three nights. We need to make sure our schedule is air-tight and that we have more than enough setups to run this smoothly.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I can't wait til you get the hotel thread up and running so I can book my room! WOOHOO! I'm having to keep myself in check right now. The excitement is almost too much lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Interesting, Armada's coming to this.

When I find out how far away this is I'll post again later with possible confirmation.

For now, I'm interested. =)

Winnar

Smash Lord
It's a little under 9 hours for you according to google maps

How many chances do you get to play Armadaaaaaaa

:D?

Also I guess I misspoke, we have the venue on Friday as well, but we probably won't be able to do anything too tournament related that day since so many people will be arriving on Friday.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Double post but I have an important question.

Would it be better to push this back to Labor Day weekend? That's September 5th, btw.

Please let me know who would be in favor of this.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Any opinions on the date change?

All in favor of moving it two weeks back to labor day weekend?

AXE 09

Smash Master
OMG! Armada, the twins, AND a bunch of big names for Melee!?

I'm gonna try my best to come to this. As of right now I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm definitely interested.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

Would it be better to push this back to Labor Day weekend? That's September 5th, btw.

Any opinions on the date change?

All in favor of moving it two weeks back to labor day weekend?
Yes, move it to 9-5-11. I am in favor of this.

Col Bol

Smash Champion

I am in favor, seeing as we would not have to worry about missing school or rushing back sunday night to get to school, and for most schools/colleges im pretty sure the 22nd is like the first week back so people might have **** to do like pack/move/etc.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Potentially my first regional tournament. I can't wait.

Edit: International would be a better term. Even better.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is the push for Labor Day Weekend to get more entrants or is this a venue renting related problem? Also what N-Gage said. MSU will be an international tournament. Also if MS is doing a Good Player Fund, they should get Tani, Mach Dash, Weon-X, Javi, Tuga, etc. Dark isn't responding on MSN. I'll send him an email message.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
The reason why we want to push back MSU is because of the upcoming "Summer Blast" of tournaments (genesis, CEO, etc) and if we do ours in August, it would only be a month away from Genesis, thus not giving people enough time to build up enough cash to come. So yes, doing it for entrants. We're gonna make a decision no later than Thursday though. Talk to Winnar about the good player fund, he's the smash guy, im just the head of the orginization hosting MSU and knw very few on smash

AXE 09

Smash Master
^You can't search for less than 4 letters. Makes me so sad :(

But luckily I'm already subscribed to this thread and saw your post :) I'll try my best to come

Top Bottom