• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mirror Matches... Bleh.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Bowser dittos are the same way usually. Lots of shielding going nowhere, lol.
FOUL! >:D

Not entirely true for all Bowser Mirrors. I would play like I normally do with other players and attempt to pick up on their habits....Try to at least. >__>

Delvro

Smash Ace
SHORYUKEN!!

Nothing beats a Luigi ditto.

I love ditto matches because you can deliberately counter-pick your characters worst stages and win

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Snake grab only dittos are fun... MK grab fights are also fun, pivot grabbing a dashgrabbing MK is satisfying

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Snake grab only dittos are fun... MK grab fights are also fun, pivot grabbing a dashgrabbing MK is satisfying
And then there's DDD dittos which are practically grab only games anyways...
Dthrow to the edge, infinite, Fthrow for a stock.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah, but keep in mind. Lain would lose in lain dittoes any day.
I absolutely love how the best IC player in the nation loses to the best Pika player in the nation's IC's, whom he doesn't play against anyone else but Lain.

what teh fack.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
It means that you don't know much about your character compared to your opponent because they are beating you in a mirror match xD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
either you love them or you hate them.

i personally like PT Dittos. (rofl, not really a ditto now is it?)

best ditto start evar

Now the best ditto ever is:...

two Lucarios on spear pillar (Being silver is banned)

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
It means that you don't know much about your character compared to your opponent because they are beating you in a mirror match xD
Well, that or you're just not used to playing against your own character. This is probably especially true of characters that have unique strategies, as they could only get experience by playing a ditto, which don't happen all that often.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Well, that or you're just not used to playing against your own character. This is probably especially true of characters that have unique strategies, as they could only get experience by playing a ditto, which don't happen all that often.
I wouldn't exactly say that, the styles can be so polar opposite that it throws the other guy for a loop.

Well there are multiple reasons why one could lose in a mirropr match but it is impossible to give one reason and say that it is one reason only. I'm only giving out 1 of the many reasons why you could be losing in a mirror match.

Geist

Smash Master
Learn your character's weakness. It's basically all about the matchup.
Mostly.
You need to be just as aware in dittos as you are in any other matchup you're not familiar with. Be aware of your opponent's mistakes and try to punish and outplay. It easier said than done though.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I have noticed this thread is just complaining about how stupid your respective charters ditto are. So ill join in Lucario dittos are stupid. Its scientifically proven.

Anther

Smash Champion
I know yo char's hitboxes better lain. <3.
It's why I can still beat people with them, plus pika's sexy.

Pika dittos are amazing.
So are IC and Lucario dittos.

hehe

In dittos you either don't get to exploit the usual gay you can exploit.
Either that or the gay exploits the entire matchup.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Either you can't be gay to yourself (ie: Falco can reflect his own laser)

Or you gay yourself over (ie: DDD infinites himself)
Thanks nice to see you still alive ussi.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I think the only way to make ditto matches any better would be to listen to some good music while you fight since obviously things gonna get pretty gay

Anther

Smash Champion
What are you talking about?
Duhh.
For example, Pikachu can't cg himself, thus all of the usual gay is gone, except for pika's general tactics
ICs, can't cg while both have nana, thus the matchup is all about spacing and landing attacks, and the whole gaying game is gone
DDD, the matchup is consumed by the piece of gay that he can usually place on the matchup, and it takes that and goes crazy.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Sonic Dittos r all about who can mindgame and hit with a fresh kill kind of matches XD ^^

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Even Anther agrees that IC dittoes are the best. :evil:

The problem with Dedede is that it turns into who can land the most bairs. CG's aren't that good... useful, but an ******* move.

Mario dittoes have got to be the worst.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Don't ever play a DDD ditto. I never thought there could be anything worse than a Melee Jigglypuff ditto on DL64, but this is definitely it.

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
im better at duble matches cuz i know in-depth info on all characters and know how to use and wat 2 aviod with every1.

Top Bottom