• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The Nair is the twirl with her secondary arm I believe. What really interests me is seeing her Utilt into Uair, as they both look pretty fast. Maybe she could also slip a Nair in there too if it's with the ram ram. In any case, I don't think that Min Min's going to be quite as helpless at close range as the presentation makes it seem.
utilt range also looks nuts, it pulled in Samus from relatively far away. Hope that doesn't get nerfed for release.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm happy we won guys. I think I'm going to get me some more rest before I go to work tonight so I'll see y'all tomorrow peace.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wanna summarise my thoughts on the character a bit..

First of all, Sakurai and the team did an Awesome job with this character's design. Both her (I'm glad she's in) as well as an Arms character. They nailed it. I was concerned about how they could do that, hoping the character could move while attacking, as well as throw long range attacks in the air, and they did it seamlessly. Min Min just looks great including in how she fights. We knew there might be a mechanic to change arms, but they made it more fun than I expected, including for how fast someone can switch arms, and each one being unique enough to be interesting. It just feels like a fun character to use.

For the competitive side, I was concerned that the character would be slow and stuck to long range, but they actually put some fast kick attacks into the mix, and I think someone will be able to manage ok close-range even if it's a weak point. Besides the normals (which seem good), Up smash and Up B seem like good fast options out of shield, and even nair may be very useful. The chakram arm makes nair faster, so I think that someone may want to have it on hand for faster options (unless you wanna play risky)

Honestly, I've been wanting a character that can switch between weapons for a while, and this will also make for different playstyles. Overall, big win of a character, in my opinion :)

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Great to see this thread finally merged into a confirmed fighter thread. We started with very humble origins before the March announcement gained us a ton of new life and supporters. :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah most thought Arms was just not gonna be in at all. (before the annouuncement)

Another thing about the character, but I wonder if the Megawatt arm might be good for shield pressure? I dont know how much shield damage it does, but like grab is slow so it might be a decent option if people shield a lot, i dunno, mostly just wondering about it at this point.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, congrats to the supporters, she was also my choice but I was writing in another threads. K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and now her, I've got a good personal reveals with Ultimate.
Also, I don't know in another countries, but in Spain the relese date is June 30, not 29.
Somebody in the same boat?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only thing that I could argue was disappointing was the spirit board that MinMin has since I was expecting the rest of the roster to show up, but that's small potatoes compared to all her good points

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
It's been a few hours now, I have to say that Min Min looks very fun to play. I hadn't even gotten the pass yet but I might as well now because I really feel like playing her. It's pretty nice that she's just a week away; although it is on the tail end of June, they did make the date they gave back in March, haha

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just posting to say well done to those who wanted her in. I never wanted Arms in as playable honestly but I've always liked Min-Min's design.

Gotta ask the bigger question, partially to the Head Chef of Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku .

Did anyone eat some ramen to celebrate?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just posting to say well done to those who wanted her in. I never wanted Arms in as playable honestly but I've always liked Min-Min's design.

Gotta ask the bigger question, partially to the Head Chef of Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku .

oh you know I did. Good stuff

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I did! I mean, I probably would have anyway, but it felt symbolically relevant today.

Also, random thought: What is the lore behind Smash invites? Do they have predestined destinations? As Terry's was seemingly unable to be held by anyone expect Terry, but Spring Man managed to hold onto Min Min's for quite a while. Is it an actual fight over the invite? Did Joker actually steal his, or is the lore that Sakurai placed it at the Game Awards to bait Joker into stealing it as a fancy way of inviting him?

This is the true meta of Smash Bros Ultimate. The lore of how people get their invites.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Got a few more Min Min fanarts!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ah a fellow ramen connoisseur. Always nice to meet one.

Guessing you're American so gotta ask. Favourite noodle brand?

Off topic on here but this is once.
I should eat more raman, but i normally just eat it at restaurants or when i went to japan. I know of a good japanese super market about an hour from me, if anyone has some good easy brands that they may have let me know

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just dropped by from the Max Brass support threads to say congrats on getting Min Min in. We finally have an ARMS character in Smash! The trailer is awesome and methinks Kirby eating at the noodle house is funny because we all know he has a bottomless appitite.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Congrats guys. Especially Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku who I bet is ecstatic after today's reveal. Looking forward to playing as this character once she drops.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
From the Clips and Sakurai's explaining Min Min's moveset:
She is best at Long to mid range combat with a few opinion to close combat like her kicks
The moves of her ARMS reflect how the game works with:
-A button for Left and B button for the right. Though she can only switch her right ARMS weapon
She has her unique dragon arm after a successful grab and can be lost after knockdown. Also, her deflect kick with Up smash to reverse projectiles.
Each ARMS weapon has their pros and cons with speed, damage and range coverage.
Megawatt: Heavy and slow with huge damage and knockback with potential KO power.
Dragon: Average ARMS weapon with laser fired at the peak of the range. Left arm can change the laser to be stronger with her Dragon arm
Ramram: fast hitting ARMS weapon, a good get off of me tool and can cover good range. But has lowest damage and knockdown as a trade off.
You can also charge the selected ARMS weapon to it's corrasponding element for extra power.
Her recovery has two variants:
Ground- uses her ARMS to propel upward and can be angled
Air- Byleth and Joker's grapple line to edge.

If anything else I missed here, go ahead and fill it in.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I was perusing through the Smash Ultimate TV Tropes pages, and I found this in the Funny section:

TV Tropes said:
When Captain Falcon notices the waitress has disappeared, his first instinct is to glare at Kirby in a "what did you do?" manner.
Given it's Kirby we're talking about, that just makes it funnier to me.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congratulations! Imagine if she winds up being the lead character in ARMS 2. I believe ARMS deserved to be in the base game as much as Splatoon so, even though the dream was delayed two years, I'm glad everything fell into place for you all.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Has anyone else played some ARMS today to celebrate the occasion? I had my nephew over so we ended up playing Grand Prix together since he got tired of losing to me 1v1. :-P

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been happy about a character inclusion for a LONG LONG TIME
Let's just say I cried :')
MIN MIN WON WON

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've only seen one victory animation for Min Min so far, but I expect the other 2 at least will be shown off eventually

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Is it me or seeing Kirby in the Mintendo Ramen House reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer got kicked out of the Frying Dutchman because he was a bottomless eating machine and he sued the restaurant? (Although we all know Kirby is really nice and if Min Min asked him to leave he would.)

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Almost forgot to stop by and congratulate you guys! So, uh... congrats, guys! Min Min is now in Smash! She was always one of my favorites from ARMS back when I first played it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom