• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

amageish

Smash Master
It's officially been 24 hours since Min Min's reveal

It still doesn't seem real...
I find the most hype announcements are the ones that make you concerned you are dreaming...

Oh by the way

Your girl being added to the ”everyone is here banner”
Remember everyone! Don't be like Wario.

Always tip your waitress.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What is Min Min Had A Palutena's Guidance
Pit: WHOA! This girl has NOODLES for ARMS!

Palutena: That's Min Min, the Ramen Bomber! She'll definitely be serving you up a decent challenge today, Pit. Min Min here hails from the world famous Mintendo Noodle House, which her family is known for, and she's often found working there when she's not in battle.

Pit: Even her hair looks like noodles... now I'm getting hungry~

Palutena: I'm sure you can find some of your 'floor ice cream' later Pit... Min Min will try to keep you at a distance with the use of her spring arms, and she can change what kind of fist she'll be punching at you on the fly. Your best tactic will be to try and break through her wall by getting above her to well, get the drop on her

Viridi: HA! She says this to the angel WHO CAN'T EVEN FLY!

Pit: I can fly enough to get above her! Besides! I have my arrows!

Palutena: I'm afraid those might not be of much help, her infamous kicks are capable of bouncing back projectiles!

Pit: Ulp! I can't approach, I can't shoot, and my only chance is to try and get her from above? What am I supposed to do!?

Palutena: Well, leave a good tip for one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So now that we know that Min Min was chosen over Spring Man for Smash and that she won the Party Bash, do you think that theory that has been floating around where Min Min replaces Spring Man as the Arms mascot is true? I certainly believe so as it looked like Spring Man got shoved to the side in the trailer.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So now that we know that Min Min was chosen over Spring Man for Smash and that she won the Party Bash, do you think that theory that has been floating around where Min Min replaces Spring Man as the Arms mascot is true? I certainly believe so as it looked like Spring Man got shoved to the side in the trailer.
Spring Man still seems to show up in art and is a prominent face in game via the Final Smash so I think he's gonna stay...

Min Min is definitely gonna become more prominent however.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Seeing how Yabuki sees everyone in ARMS as a main character, not exactly. The focus would simply swap to one of the other characters without much of an issue, compared to many other series not being able to go one game without the main (aside from Tekken's messy family situation and whatever happens in Soul Calibur sometimes). Less replacement and more of giving someone else a chance to get limelight.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think that's really possible. Min Min may appear more in promotional material and I'd expect future titles to have the whole cast on the boxart, but they need a character to be the most accessible/least gimmicky character who is recommended to new players and appears first on the character select screen. That'll still be Spring Man. The only way I see him being "replaced" is if they pull a Mortal Kombat with Sub-Zero and Noob, given how Spring Man is established to be a title that can be passed down or handed off.

I know some people think its just excuse-making, but I think "Everybody's the protagonist" was a serious comment. ARMS wasn't completely marketed as an ensemble cast game because it was new, but now that everyone has fans, I imagine they'll start to diversify in advertising next game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I didn't thought about it until sometime yesterday but I realize Min Min is our first Chinese rep. Hopefully, another Chinese girl get's to join in on the fight someday:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think that's really possible. Min Min may appear more in promotional material and I'd expect future titles to have the whole cast on the boxart, but they need a character to be the most accessible/least gimmicky character who is recommended to new players and appears first on the character select screen. That'll still be Spring Man. The only way I see him being "replaced" is if they pull a Mortal Kombat with Sub-Zero and Noob, given how Spring Man is established to be a title that can be passed down or handed off.

I know some people think its just excuse-making, but I think "Everybody's the protagonist" was a serious comment. ARMS wasn't completely marketed as an ensemble cast game because it was new, but now that everyone has fans, I imagine they'll start to diversify in advertising next game.
Given that, now I fully believe that thanks to the Smash Effect, the digital sales for the game will increase from new buyers being exposed, and will encourage Nintendo to greenlight a sequel in the future.

Also, I wonder if this would allow Udon to do issues focusing on different characters in the comic.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Given that, I fully that thanks to the Smash Effect, the digital sales for the game will increase from new buyers being exposed, and will encourage Nintendo to greenlight a sequel in the future.

Also, I wonder if this would allow Udon to do issues focusing on different characters in the comic.
I'd be surprised if a sequel wasn't greenlit, given how the game performed quite well even prior to Smash. I believe it shares some of the dev team with Mario Kart though, so I imagine ARMS will be going in the rotation, as Mario Kart is just straight-up one of the most successful things Nintendo does. So, I wouldn't expect ARMS to become a bi-annual series or anything...

I hope so! I also hope the comic just, like, happens...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Considering we know that Min Min was vaporized by Galeem's light and turned into a spirit - her sheer willpower must have brought her back into the land of the living to help take them down.

Joker could have easily been in the metaverse to avoid it
Hero was likely protected by holy power
Banjo probably Wonderwing'd through it with a full stock of golden feathers
Terry... I got nothin XD
Byleth... also got nothin XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd be surprised if a sequel wasn't greenlit, given how the game performed quite well even prior to Smash. I believe it shares some of the dev team with Mario Kart though, so I imagine ARMS will be going in the rotation, as Mario Kart is just straight-up one of the most successful things Nintendo does. So, I wouldn't expect ARMS to become a bi-annual series or anything...

I hope so! I also hope the comic just, like, happens...
Yeah, I mean, that and the Shantae art book strangely became myths the longer we went without hearing about them. What is even going on at Udon?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Considering we know that Min Min was vaporized by Galeem's light and turned into a spirit - her sheer willpower must have brought her back into the land of the living to help take them down.

Joker could have easily been in the metaverse to avoid it
Hero was likely protected by holy power
Banjo probably Wonderwing'd through it with a full stock of golden feathers
Terry... I got nothin XD
Byleth... also got nothin XD
Piranha Plant... I got nothing here as well.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Probably spent a Divine Pulse to turn back time so he can hop onto Kirby's Warp Star and make it out of there.
what if he was still asleep from falling off the cliff and woke up in the light realm instead of a run down village.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I don't think she'll become the "protagonist" or anything like that; because as mentioned in the presentation Yabuki just sees all the fighters as important. Although, after the trailer I think Spring Man could make it in later ala Chrom-- I felt a bit bad for him, lol. I think that was shared all around, even in that official ARMS art celebrating Min Min's inclusion showing him in the background. Though as it is, I'm glad Min Min made it. I've rewatched her trailer a lot of times by now

So, can we all agree that at least some of the ARMS DLC characters will absolutely be in the base game for a sequel?
Yeah, I can see them keeping them around, the roster was pretty well-sized.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is some more art! Loving the crossovers being done by artists.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Feels nice that when you search for Min Min stuff you begin seeing a lot more of Min Min from Arms and less of the kpop star. No offense to the kpop star, of course.

Oh man, on the topic of taunts I hope we get an obnoxiously long one where she just sits down to eat some ramen.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm curious about her classic mode

I'm assuming it's just fights against previous record holders for longest range, but I wonder if we could potentially get something a little more out there

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I'm assuming it's just fights against previous record holders for longest range, but I wonder if we could potentially get something a little more out there
My guess is at least one battle will be against Little Mac.
Maybe have the 6 characters from Incineroar’s trailer (:ultlittlemac:, :ultken:, :ultincineroar:, :ultvillager:, :ultbowserjr:, and :ultkrool:) as some possible opponents.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I'm more thinking of going from the shortest range to the longest range for a Classic Mode.

Min Min: Reaching Out:
Stage 1::ultpichu:
Stage 2::ultlittlemac:
Stage 3::ultmarth:
Stage 4::ultcloud:
BONUS STAGE
Stage 5:
:ultcorrinf:
Stage 6::ultsimon:
Final Boss: Master Hand + Crazy Hand

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
18 down, 5 to go

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I personally think it'll be like Haohmaru and Nakoruru; One has his face on the box art, is the protagonist, and demonstrates the mechanics of the game to newcomers, while the other is more well-known and gets the focus in crossover appearances.
On that note, if ARMS ever gets involved in a non-Smash crossover, d'you think we'll get more characters beyond just Spring Man and/or Min Min?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You know, I didn't thought about it until sometime yesterday but I realize Min Min is our first Chinese rep. Hopefully, another Chinese girl get's to join in on the fight someday:

Not sure the nation of China or any other real-world nation technically exists in ARMS but whatever.

Whether or not Min-Min ends up becoming Nintendo's equivalent of Chun-Li in terms of appearances, personality-wise she's actually closer to Makoto.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Not sure the nation of China or any other real-world nation technically exists in ARMS but whatever.

Whether or not Min-Min ends up becoming Nintendo's equivalent of Chun-Li in terms of appearances, personality-wise she's actually closer to Makoto.
I mean, she speaks Chinese and has Chinese symbols on her outfit. At the very least, she's from a China-analogue.

amageish

Smash Master
On that note, if ARMS ever gets involved in a non-Smash crossover, d'you think we'll get more characters beyond just Spring Man and/or Min Min?
I think it'd depend on the crossover and what mechanics work best for it. I honestly could see any of the more popular characters get into other games, though I imagine ARMS would be harder to cross over with then a lot of the more traditional fighters that often cross paths...

Like, if we got a Smash Kart, then I wouldn't be too shocked if Kid Cobra was the rep as the hardcore sportsperson or Mechanica as the... mechanic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I personally think it'll be like Haohmaru and Nakoruru; One has his face on the box art, is the protagonist, and demonstrates the mechanics of the game to newcomers, while the other is more well-known and gets the focus in crossover appearances.
I'd say yeah. Especially if Harada is involved and decides to pick someone off the cuff like Kid Cobra.

I'm preeeeetty sure that real countries exist in that setting, what with Twintelle being French, Lola Italian, and such. You even have Max Brass (THE CHAMP) be the Super Macho Man to Spring Man's Little Mac since they're Americans.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Wild speculation idea: Given how it technically remains to be seen canonically, but it's presently thought that Min Min was the fighter who actually beat Max Brass and became the ARMS champion, what if a sequel used that as a way to give her a more prominent role? Spring Man is still there, but in ARMS 2, he, and all the old and new fighters alike, climb the ranks of the ARMS league to see a new final stadium with a redesigned, possibly older looking Min Min (maybe sporting that longer hair seen in concept art?) waiting for them with some powerful new tricks and moves. As a playable character I imagine she'd still be roughly the same, but I could see them giving her some new mechanics as a boss to make her feel like a true final opponent.

Top Bottom