• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini HOBO 13(low tier tourney results too)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I has shoutouts too!

Gner-Congrats on getting 1st in low tier! I placed as high as you in singles, so that means I should be number 15 on the power rankings too! :p I hope I can stay on top of the game instead of tumbling back to last place for no apparent reason. :ohwell: Anyways, good stuff as always. And killing me makes me stronger, mwahaha! I guess I'll take you to the tourney this weekend? Instead of gas money, just get my lunch there. :)

Tallman-It's not my fault! I didn't want to knock you out of losers! :( Anyways, it was good seeing you again. You'll have your low tier glory some day...

Seiya-13th and you don't even own the game? Quite tasty...you has potential to get good. I can give you some very simple tips next time and you'll do much better. Keep it up! :)

Kown-Ya trash! Stop rolling into my fsmash! I enjoyed our friendlies, as always.

UltimateRazer-Dear god, breaking my shield in friendlies was quite brutal. I went into the restroom and cried for about 10 minutes. :( Your Snake is so dirty. I relished you getting killed by a grab release into your mine. :)

Nore-Hey, your Peach has gotten better. It's Peach...what can you do? She just has no good killing moves. :ohwell:

Kalo-Good seeing you. Did we even play? Ah well, some other time. Quitting your job to come to this is hardcore. You win at life. :)

Axxo-Good friendlies. :)

Bwett-Your Yoshi is too good! I really need to stop challenging Egg Toss when you're on the edge, lol.

Zori-Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed our tourney set. I think that match was the most intense and fun I've played in quite a while. Argh, three purple Pikmin in a row?! They would like not die AT ALL. Pirate Ship gave me no sympathy. I kept hoping a bomb tower would come out. :(

Bear-Ah, picking up Marth now? Good stuff. That last stock on the last match was just good timing on my part. The invincibility frames had just ran out when you Dolphin Slashed. Need more friendlies next time. :)

Light-Ew, Meta Knight. I don't play nearly enough Metas since there aren't any around where I live, so I was quite rusty in the matchup. And you know the spacing for Lucario already. <_< Still, good stuff. Falling into a second glide attack after getting hit by a first one...I feel ********, lol. At least I survived the first one, lol. :)

Infinity-...for that comment, you have now joined the ranks of people whom I secretly hate. I assure you, there are quite a few people in this club, at this point. Anyways, congrats on winning the tourney. :)

DMG-We didn't get to play friendlies at all. Looks like you've broken your curse of getting 4th at Hobos...for now. :)

Dojo-Ah, we didn't get to play either. Tell me SBR secrets. :)

Furbs-Running tourneys isn't hard at all, right? You just type names in, organize brackets, keep matches going, keep track of money...it's easy! It only gets harder when there's a large crowd. Congrats on running your very first tournament. Anyways, I guess you can apply for that sweet blue name now as a Smash director, eh? :)

Xyro-Thanks for securing the venue. You still tell the greatest stories ever. Second with Samus in low tier. Hell yeah, Green Lesbian, lawl. :)

To anyone who didn't come-You suck! I'm talking to you, Gea, Flip, and Roy. But I understand you guys have more important things to do. :)

To people I forgot-I'm sorry. I'll add you if you want. :)

To everyone-Thank you for attending. I honestly did not expect so many people for low tier! Sorry about taking so long, I'll do better next time with that. Running tournaments is fun, and I would be glad to help with any future ones if needed. :)

If Xyro sends the tio file to Ozz, he can upload it. Unless I have the ability to do that. Do I? I've never uploaded a tio file to AiB, lol. I'll upload it if I get the file and have the ability to do so. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
He's always used G&W as a secondary.
I would too if I didn't hate playing as Gdubs.
"Look at me I can smash a shield all day and not get punished lawlawlawlawlawlawl"

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Rocket Trainer: Dave, thanks SO MUCH for helping me out with this!!! it really made the whole process a lot smoother!

Bwett: Man we wrecked doubles :D!!! I can't wait to hang out again, and our matches are always epic!!

Beah light and wotts: <3

Zori: thanks so much! for loaning me money!! it saved me a trip to the bank! and i got you covered next time i see you!! <3

Dojooooo: Good stuff man!! On the boarder was too good!

Kalo: gg's in singles dude! i should have gone yoshi all the way that second match was much better! :D

Gnes: Kirby <3

Razer: Remember what i said about women

DMG and Infinity: Thanks for coming up guys!! also our doubles matches were EPIC!!!

Cake: Thanks for coming dude!

Ice: wow dude good job in singles!

anyone I forgot sorry :(

Also shoutouts to my carpool on the way back from on the boarder!! LOL KAITLYN DON'T BRING THAT **** UP AGAIN!!!! lolololol

jog

Smash Journeyman
its shout out time

Heytallman
: glad you got to come with me, since you weren't going until the day before. also **** doubles. i'm never doing that again. and sorry you didn't get to play low tier, hopefully they won't move :lucas: to mid before the next hobo.

Furbs: first ever hobo match for me, thanks for making it a good one. i have lots of practicing i need to do, but nice :yoshi2: although i did want to play your :dedede: . how about next time?

Seiya
: good fun with the friendlies and thanks for the tips. up-b kill from my :gw: on your :charizard: was pretty funny :)

Hkkid
: we played a lot of friendlies too. you won the majority but i had fun. *thinks of 6 up-tilts combo from :gw: on your :falco: * (at least i think it was :falco: , you used a lot of different charaters)

Axxo
: haha you talk so much but its funny. good friendlies, we had some fun matches.

Nefarious J
: ahhh i was winning a lot in friendlies but couldn't pull it out in losers, oh well maybe next time. we had so many friendlies that night but best moment had to have been my :falcon: vs. your :ganondorf: *knee of justice to falcon punch,* i look forward to more friendlies in the future :)

RT: we never played but when you found out we had the same name i think you called tallman a b****** for cheating on you with another dave, highlight of my night :)

Ozz: we never played either but i want to ditto your :falcon: sometime, i <3 :falcon: too.
also, how did you get locked inside Jerms car :p

also another thanks to Furbs and RT for running the whole show, can't wait for the next hobo :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
to save time, whoever who has a aib account and the tio file for this tourny, i can make them the owner/mod of the tournament on the AiB page. though, im not sure if that grants them ability to upload the file.

also, i did not get locked inside his car lol.... i just..... had a blonde moment and couldn't find the lock/unlock.

oh i might as well do shoutouts:

jerm: thanks for the ride, thanks for not crashing, and congrats on your first high placing :)

zori: doubles did not work out lol. good **** on infinity.

blueJ: your mario is too good. come over on saturdays so we can all become pro.

gnes: lol, your onto my *** all the time! "your not sethlon!" "your not sk92!" haha your ness is pro, but grab release to knee is just so good.

dmg: **** your gw ***** almost as much as your wario. i demand a epic, recorded ganon vs. falcon match.

cake
: it was awesome talking to you, and our set was great. best foxxxxx

razer: that kill you had on me on yoshis when i was at like 200%, made me cry in my sleep.

dphat
: you made the falco vs. marth matchup look soooo easy for marth. i was playing too aggressively. i defintely underestimated you. good stuff

seiya: i hate pits....lol you owned me, you got good fast.

tallbaldman: finally played your lucas. dair and upb is gaaaaay. good stuff, that 3 stock was pretty funny.

jog: yeah we'll ditto, but beware, i am scary at falcon dittos.

infinity: congrats on first. first time a dallas dude won a hobo.

Melee1
: awesome talking to you, and thanks for ****** my falco with your IC.im surprised i took you to one stock with all those CGs you had on me. your a very smart player

furbs/rocketrainer: GREAT job hosting/seeding!

kalo
: sexy wolf, the doubles match was cool (4 metaknights)

kown: didnt play you at all this time around...but it was cool talking to u on the way to the food place.

beaumont: ****, ALL of you couldnt make it :(

ice: good job beating dojo.

dojo: your falcon is impressive. i wish to ditto

xyro: thanks for helping us out at the restuarant. that is a nice place you work at. and one of the girls who worked there was suuuuuuuper hot.

bye......lots of hw

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
****, i did terrible. for maining Mario and only getting 9th in a low tier tourney. very bad. not even gonna mention 1v1. good to see i'm not the only one who believes Mario should be in mid tier, at least.

shoutouts:
Jerm - shut it -_-

Ozz - yeah, definitely need to step up my game, but your house is kinda outa the way. still, if milton and jerm are up for it i'll go. also, lookin forward to your future Lucario (having multiple mains is always a good thing)

jS - good match. i wanted to use Ike, but after our first match back at one of the PZ HOBOs i felt more confident using Mario.

Infinity - thanks for destroying me... again. ^^' (is it just me or did i get handed to harder than last time?) you pretty much instilled the metaphobia in me. i think i'll stick to Mario, though.

HK - really close set, but i lost. thanks for the match!

Melee1 - pretty scary match, which i lost, but i learned that my Mario has a lot more work to be done. thanks!

Furbs - your Yoshi is still awesome. Mario just has a tendency to pwn in low tier matches. Jiggs may not be a bad idea, but i think your getting a hang of the matchup. i'll be at PnT if you ever wanna friendly.

Dojo - totally didn't expect you to pull out Falcon. thanks for the beating.

HeyTallman - sucks you couldn't join the low tier tourney. fun friendly though!

Khaos - cool Sonic. we had some pretty crazy games going. friendly next HOBO?

Zori - yep, been mainin Mario for bout two months now (maybe three?). figured Jiggs wasn't your main, but that Olimar was pretty scary.

Axxo - didn't know you had a Sonic? friendly?

Seiya - Jerm sux. that's all there is to it.

Kown - we need to finish our game! you going to the PnT weekly?

anyone i forget - my bad. i suk w/ memorization and stuff.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
jS - good match. i wanted to use Ike, but after our first match back at one of the PZ HOBOs i felt more confident using Mario.
Were you the guy I played first round of Winners with the white/red Mario? If not, I don't think I fought you. :ohwell:

Shoutouts
Guy I played first round that I never heard the name of (BlueJ?): Good close matches, looking forward to more matches next time.
Zori: Nice seeing you again, and very fun matches. I tried to help you out against Melee1, but chaingrabbing IC's are *******s. Hope to play with you soon.
Tallman: I enjoyed taking your dollar. xD Good matches bro. Looking forward to playing you again.
Axxo: Hopefully we get to play more next time. Good seeing you.
KRD: What? No KRD shoutout this time? Wish you coulda gone. :p
Jerm: Fun Ness dittos. More next time?
Furbs & RT: Thanks for hosting and organizing guys. Even though the tournament was small, I still had a great time and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Btw, what is it with all these new Ness'? Looks like I'm gonna have to seriously step my game up if I want to be recognized. Ness for mid tier.
Hope to see you all soon.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Shout outs for everyone

Gnes: Great first round man. Did not know how that was gonna go. Now we are one 1 - 1 game on dave chapelle next set will be mine!

BeaH!: Your wolf is a beast man learn a better counterpick map for your wolf and just do it!

Light: I know the MK matchup too well man you should have know better from teams the night before =)!
I wanted to face ur G&W more!

Dojo: Amazing set man did not know how that was gonna turn out after the first match I relied heavly on
my counter pick stage. See you next time when dallas drives down.

DMG: You wrecked me dude I've never faced a pro wario before next time expect to lose.

Infinity: Whats are facing record in tournment now? i would say somewhere around 6 times! :( oh well next time i should win according to the rule lol.

Furbs: Great hosting job everything ran very smoothly

Jerm: Yeah man i agree. Snakes spam gets out weighed by Toon Link spam ask Santi.

Cake: Good friendlies man had fun.

Dphat: Great teams matches afterwards we wrecked!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts p.2 cause i 4got some people lol

Jerm and Ozz: thanks for coming guys! it really means a lot!

Bluejay: Best mario ever, period. I HATE FIGHTING MARIO WITH YOSHI!!! lol it's so hard! great games, and thanks for coming!

Jog: thanks for coming! i hope you had fun at your first tournament! and im down for D3 friendlies anytime! :D

Kaitlyn: LOL thanks for coming, and i called you kaitlyn for the lulz!!! much hilarity ensued because people thought i was talking like that to an actual girl :p

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Good job Furbs on running a very fast pace tourney. I had alot of fun talking to you and hanging out and I will post the pics of you in the scooby outfit and the vid of Dojo screaming like a girl..

heytallman

CTALL
So I was just looking at the bracket on allisbrawl, and it looks like me and bwett had practically the same bracket, except for the second match and in opposite order. We both got beat by RT and Wotts D:

Top Bottom