• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini HOBO 13(low tier tourney results too)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This event had 36 players( this wasnt a REAL hobo) and we had 3 events. I have posted up 1vs1 and 2vs2(just for you little babies) and low tier. I didnt run this event because i had work but i did manage to make it for low tier.

1vs1

1: Infinity (meta)
2: DMG (wario)
3: Ice (snake)
4: Dojo (meta)
5: Melee1 (ic)
5: UltimateRazer (snake)
7: Zori (olimar)
7: Light (GW)
9: Kalo (wolf)
9: RT (lucario)
9: Gnes (kirby)
9: Jerm (tl)
13: Dphat (marth)
13: Bear (pika)
13: Wotts (zs)
13: Seiya (pit)
17: Furbs (yoshi)
17: Angel
17: HeyTallMan (lucas)
17: HKkid
17: Cake
17: Bwett (yoshi)
17: Ozz (falco)
17: Kown (pit)
25: Major Johns
25: Nore (peach)
25: Khaoz (sonic)
25: Axxo (rob?)
25: Ken
25: KamikazeKevin (pika)
25: Jeff
25: Nefarious J (tl)
33: JS
33: Blue jay (mario)
33: Arlon
33: Jog

2vs2

1: Broken Nana (Melee1 and Dojo)
2: Omnomhameha (Infinity and DMG)
3: Explosive Marshmallow (UlimateRazer and Gnes)
4: Pause Unpause Utilt (Wotts and Dphat)
5: Dojo and Cake double team Dianna (Light and Bear)
5: Rawr means love in dinosaur (Furbs and Bwett)
7: Hkkid and Ken (Hkkid and Ken)
7: I can't think of a team name (Chris and Kown)
9: Ozzori (Ozz and Zori)
9: Swankhan (Swan and Khan)
9: Gspot (Kalo and Cake)
13: Joker and the Thief (Tallman and Jog)

Low tier

1: Gnes (ness)
2: Xyro (samus)
3: Bwett (yoshi)
4: Dojo (falcon)
5: Melee1 (mario)
5: UltimateRazer (sonic)
7: Axxo (sonic)
7: Infinity (mario)
9: Blue jay (mario)
9: Khaoz (sonic)
9: Beah
9: Zori (jiggs)
13: Furbs (yoshi)
13: Wotts (yoshi)
13: DMG (jiggs)
13: Dphat
17: Light(jiggs)
17: Ozz
17: Jerm
17: Nefarious
17: Jog
17: KamikazeKevin (samus)
17: Cake
25: Ice

Santi

Smash Lord
Looks over results.....

*checks out doubles*

I'm going to kill Beah

and Light.

Then go to Diana's and check up on her.

*Then make sure Beah and Light are still dead*

Xyro77

jiggs isnt good son, face it.

After seeing this low tier stuff. i think mario is gonna get good later on in smash.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tournament was a blast! I apologize for it taking much longer than it did. That was poor time management towards the end on my part. Low tier took longer than singles even though it had less people. :ohwell:

If I ever help run another Hobo, I'll know what to do better with. I hope everyone enjoyed it, there was some good stuff at the tournament. Watching low tier was actually fun, because you can see stuff that is rarely ever seen. Sadly, the fire across the street stole some of the attention...anyways, shouts outs later when I get the chance. :)

Xyro77

i think mario has more potential in the long run. UP+B oos is gross(like samus's) and he can combo out the ***. he will be good one day.

heytallman

CTALL
Fun tournament, and we all know what time it is. SHOUT OUTS!!!!

Doubles - **** them.

Jog - Thanks for the ride, glad you had fun at your first tourney. Never make me do doubles again. I will not enter, even if you offer to pay my entry again.

Furbs - You should not have waited so long to start low tiers. So what if Allan couldn't make it there early enough, I really wanted to enter, and had to leave as it was starting. I would have done well, too. But whatever. Send me that replay where I destroy Ozz' :falcon: lololol

RT - Good job helping Furbs run the tournament. Also, **** you for knocking me out. Die.

Allan - Glad to have caught you on your break, it was cool that you stopped by.

Ozz - How did you get locked inside Jerm's car?

Axxo - You are trash with low tier characters. I will **** you all day and all night, nomatter which low tier you pick.

Light (I think it was Light?) - Best :jigglypuff: I played in friendlies, you proved me wrong about her. I need to practice up.

Bwett - Glad I finally got to play your :yoshi2:, I had a lot of fun playing against you. Let's play again next tournament we're both at, k?

Wotts - Very good :zerosuitsamus:, man. I gotta practice that match up a bit more *glares at gnes*

Beah - "Sweet! I got :dedede:!......**** you got :metaknight:!!!!" I want revenge with another RCMM

DugFinn - I thought you were gonna be there for some reason. Looks like we'll NEVER get to play Pokemon...

Razer - Your :sonic: scared me when we were playing friendlies while everyone took forever at the restaurant. Good ****.

Anyone I forgot - Sorry. I may edit this later.

Dr. Drew - Looks like I can post my sig, eh?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Just for the record yo: DMG also used Game and Watch and Snake during the course of the tournament.

He also gimped Razer with a fully charged waft. Yes, I said gimped; yes, I mean gimped and not killed. It was pretty awesome actually.

I'll do shouts tomorrow.

Edit - wtf I got 7th in low tier? I never played a game with Mario before that tournament and that's who I used, lmao.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff guys :).

Thanks for posting full results TGM. I <3 full results lol.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Fun... if I ever attend a Hobo in the future I'll be sure to practice this time around... haha!

Thanks to everyone that played friendlies with me; it made this an enjoyable experience. Thanks to Furbs and RT for hosting the tournament and whatnot. And thanks to the Drink Station for the free drink... it tasted good.

Xyro77

OH!

if anybody knows who othe rplayers used in low tier or 1vs1.....plz tell me.

this low tier results stuff needs to be recorded on file!!!!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
That was poor time management towards the end on my part. Low tier took longer than singles even though it had less people. :ohwell:
that's not true at all, the problem was that we didn't start doubles early enough. we had to wait for DMG and infinity to finish the finals (sense they were holding up the whole doubles bracket XD)but that's not their fault. same thing with low tier, we had to wait for the doubles finals to end. it's a learning expirence, we'll have to start earlier next time! :)

thanks for coming everyone!!

shoutouts later

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Sexy stuff. I felt like caca during some of the singles XD. I'll post shout outs later. And yes DMG did some nasty things on me that shouldnt have been acceptable. It'll be MUCH different next time. [no johns]

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Pretty badass Tourny. Got a decent place, and had plenty of friendlies fun.

Shout Outss!

Melee1 & DmG- Eff you guys!.. lol jkk, thanks for beating my *** in the tourny, now I know what to work on >=]

Seiya & Kown
- My true goal was to take the pits out xD GG's!!, that suicide I had really did scare me kown D:

Razer- Stop avoiding me!! next time ima strap you to a chair and own that noob snake. Specially for revenge on how you destroyed my ness with sonic ><

Ice- Toon link spam >>>> snake spam. Sry, thats the way it is man =p. Good stuff though, never really played a good snake

Bwett- We gotta finish our games mann! The two stock will happen again >=] Sick yoshi!

Zori- Probably the funnest person I played in friendlies. Stop studying the toon link match up!!, oh well marth works for now =/ And epiccccc ness vs jiggly battles!

Gness- psshh, stop looking at my ness, you copy cat! lol, congrats on win low tier mannn! And yea, I got enough zori practice with my marth, your gonna have to pick a diff counter pick on me now buddy

Dojo- Screw you man xD I'm gonna have to come up with some unpredictable toon link **** to beat your MK. Semi fun games =/ lol

Cake- Woot! zero% death gimp. Toon link is not broken! very mid tier character. Good games man, nice fox. Nice chat. Remember.. all the inside newsss

BlueJ- tsk tsk..

Ozz- You owned yourself pretty hard by locking yourself in my car. then the flailing made it much worse. Highlight of the tournament man xD

Furbs&Rocket Trainer- Nice tournament, thanks for signing us up, even though we were semi late =/

Zori

Smash Champion
Infinity-sean ftw XD good games, luigis mansion is so gay haha Ill get you next time ;-; I was so close D:.

DMG-Good job at beating me in nolimar dittos :p You must of practiced, iv only done like 2 in my life.

Dojo Good games! I won and was like SAVE ON SD CARD and then it didn't work ;-; *sigh*

Melee1- Thanks for all the tips! it really helped my match, I had to camp your ic so long to the point where i didn't care about winning anymore, I need someone who can kill them faster. META-'Shot"

UltimateRazer-Online XD

Zori-not a girl

Kalo we didn't play :"(

RT- RT the funnest match iv ever had in a tourney I get so nervous and it seemed like a friendly to me (where i do the best)

Gnes-Online 1 Offline 3 :p

Jerm I hate the tl mach up but I win I just rather not play it :D, Nice low tier battles.

Dphat gg

Wotts- awesome zss, I just know the match up :)

Furbs THANKS FOR HOSTING YOUR AWESOME

HKkid- So your the new guy, I was the guy playing you with the 'sexy' tag i think You where the first meta player i eat with my jigs XD awesome!

Cake-nice seeing you again

Bwett - GG XDDDDDD those where some epic matches

Ozz we suck in teams

Nore - Thanks for playing me and getting rid of my online button lag :)

Khaoz-Keep coming to hobos you will get better!

Axxo- Mcdonals was fun, I might show up to you smashfest

KamikazeKevin- we played friendly's for like an hour I could tell we where both getting bored, they need to eat faster! good games

JS-You will get them next time XD

Blue jay- Umm i was wondering why your mario kept owning my jpuff, then i realized that he was your main XD Thanks for 'making me push myself' I don't do that a lot.

Gnes

Smash Master
What about Ness? You know, the character that won it.
ness recovery is way too gimpable.
no way.
Most of dallas agrees ness should be mid...they have some ness over there that can compete with D4bA(i think thats how to do it lol),Foursaken, and Melee 1...thats scary.

Also...i didnt get gimped once(i think Xyro spiked me once...but it wass my fault)...all u have to do is DI up...save your jump...fair while coming on to stage...its pretty much idiotproof...I **** jiggs considerin gea plays her all the time and his is awesome...

Shoutouts!!!!

Furbs:Great tournament man...i had alot of fun and the sacrifice i made to stay was well worth it...also...sorry for the **** in teams...me and razor had our game faces on :)

Dojo: That tongue pic was too pro...Those team matches were intense man...i was shakin...ive never had so much fun playin meta(WHAT?!?!?!) and ive picked up so much stuff from watchin and playin yours...Im glad i got u back for that footstool in the bracket match...it was delicious...and nutritious...Seriously ive improved alot thanks to BROKN's appearance on saturday...next time meta dittos

Light: So i **** GAW's and u use Meta...sigh...meta dittos son...im sick of gettin CP'd...but seriously though good stuff man...im glad we got to play in teams...showed u what a mini-Dojo meta can do lol

Ice: :) U got me back man...1-1.. u ***** this tournament knockin me and Dojo into losers...consistency dude...KEEP ******!!!...also prepare for the gayest cp next time...

Infinity & DMG: Sabertooth tiger...A rock...extreme manliness...enough said...that easily 3 stocked everything that happened on Saturday...

Jerm: mindgames son...no one expected Gness to play....ness???? Also Santi>Germ lol

Xyro: Awesome low tier matches man...i wish we would have played grand finals...they would have been ****...

Razor: u gotta give me snake practice man...even with meta its difficult(i wasnt tryin when u 2 stocked me :lick:) Were starting to **** in teams...team chemisty just had a level up...sorry for not winning that last match...i swear i daired :(

Melee1:we finally got to talk and friendly...ur awesome dude...your probably one of the few players who are actually just too smart for this game lol...dont disappear again man keep comin to more tourneys...

RT & Tallman: So i suck huh...i hate you guys :laugh:...and tallman...my ness is funny...u should watch the vids when they get on here...RT has his mojo back...how dare u tie with me...ILL KILL U...

Dphat:nice talkin and friendlies...u have a broad knowledge of the game...plus ur a cool guy :)...if we play and tourney...no Oli's mansion or u know what will happen(SWEET!!!)

BNB: BEAH...My meta *****...BEAH...BEAH...post the vids...BEAH...good friendlies

Zori: Online<Offline...we need to play next time...ill introduce u to the terror of peach

If i forgot anyone its because i talked to freakin everyone...even the little kid who seemed out of place*Im lookin at u....Razor* Awesome tourney guys...see everyone around...most likely at the PNT series stuff...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
That Ness player from Dallas is a dude named Awestin. Best Ness ever.

In fact, here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eQy1VwyrI

Shouts later when I've got some down time at work, but for now:

Gnes - "But no one got hurt... ...because I was there. I wrestled the saber-toothed tiger to the ground, pulled out one of its saber-teeth... ...and stabbed it in the chest!"

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
^^^^That was the greatest ending ever. If the Marth had managed to somehow tech it, I would have crapped my pants.

To help complete the low tier character results, I believe Nefarious used Ganon, Ozz used Falcon, and Jerm used Ness, but I could be wrong.

This topic needs more Hobo 13 vids. *hint hint* :)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Jerm: mindgames son...no one expected Gness to play....ness???? Also Santi>Germ lol
No No No, you cant say that Now. If you couldnt say who was better at the tournament, you cant say it at all xD. Next time, ima force you to pull out your kirby so you can see what santi shoulda did! lol.. No offense santi.. but you know.. purple>> red tl =]

Xyro77

jerm, santi is 1000 times better than you in every way.

gness, i really and sory i couldnt fight you. i had to leave for work at 7am and it would be 230am when we would have fought. i would have probly lost anyway so either way you earned 1st.

guys, plz go post in the houston thread when you will be done with finals. i wanna do a mini low tier event. in fact, i might do one tomorrow.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Xyro, how can you say that if you havnt even played me? Plus, I wasnt even talking to you, just continuing inside jokes with the both of them.

Xyro77

Xyro, how can you say that if you havnt even played me? Plus, I wasnt even talking to you, just continuing inside jokes with the both of them.
trust me.........i KNOW you arnt. im not saying it in a mean way. i just dont want you truly believing something and then get molested. im helping you.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
DuggFin wasn't at this?

Where has she been? She needs to come to San Antonio to discuss NVGA (and she still owes me for Final Smash 4)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
trust me.........i KNOW you arnt. im not saying it in a mean way. i just dont want you truly believing something and then get molested. im helping you.
Hmm, for one, believing I'm better than another toon link shouldnt get me molested by anyone. If your talking about me playing santi in ditto's, then I didnt get molested, it was a very close game with both of us over 150% and him winning. But ditto's dont mean much. Now if you said santi is better than me cause of his tournament placings, then I would agree, but you didnt, so I still disagree with you.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Jerm, you need to learn to ignore Xyro sometimes. He seems to troll newer players often (whether intentionally or unintentionally), so just let it slide. He was telling kown he could never be cream of the crop b/c he'd never played Melee competitively before, while forgetting key examples such as DMG and Futile and others that are out there.

Xyro77

Hmm, for one, believing I'm better than another toon link shouldnt get me molested by anyone. If your talking about me playing santi in ditto's, then I didnt get molested, it was a very close game with both of us over 150% and him winning. But ditto's dont mean much. Now if you said santi is better than me cause of his tournament placings, then I would agree, but you didnt, so I still disagree with you.
i assumed you knew what it took to be better..........dittos/placings/mms/consistancy

Jerm, you need to learn to ignore Xyro sometimes. He seems to troll newer players often (whether intentionally or unintentionally), so just let it slide. He was telling kown he could never be cream of the crop b/c he'd never played Melee competitively before, while forgetting key examples such as DMG and Futile and others that are out there.

What i said is true. look at the top 10 players in the world.......how many of them played melee....BOOM! case closed.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, I understand you xyro, I'll just have to be consistent at beating, and placing higher than any other toon link to be the best =]

Popertop

Smash Champion
futile played Falcon competitively in Melee.

Popertop

Smash Champion
he was good but everyone was good so he didn't exactly stand out.
he was probably in a region with a bunch of falcon counters too lol.
I watched a vid of him vs some shiek and it was a 2 stock comeback.
It was basically him messsing around adn then getting down to business.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I has shouts!:

Ice - You beat Dojo. I really don't need to say anything else do I? xD

DMG - MVP of the tournament. You seriously have the best Game and Watch I've played against yet (speaking of: Hylian, we're playing a ton at the next tournament ****it) and you were the driving force behind us beating Dojo and Melee1 in our first set. I'd love to team again in the future dude. Oh , and I'm totally going around bragging about beating you xD

RT - Dude you have the biggest head I have ever seen. :D

Furbs - You and Bwett did an amazing job with double double Yoshi dude. I underestimated you; you've gotten quite a bit better since you teamed with Lee against me and Zac at Hobo 10. Keep it up dude.

Zori - Dude I honestly thought you would get me. After losing the first game to a purple up on the top platform I didn't know if I'd be able to take the third game from you. You've got a very impressive Olimar and I'm looking forward to our next set dude.

Razer - You've got a good Snake, one of the better ones I've played against, but you fell right into my trap when we played during tournament. Keep up the effort and I'll start looking for you at the top of the brackets.

Doooojjooooooo - weeooweeeoooweee! Good stuff in teams dude, I'll get you back next time we play focker :p

Angel - Thanks for the ride down there dude, show up to some more of the Smashfests and we'll get you as one of the top players around here man.

Khaoz - Gayer than a box full of hot pink crayons. lol j/k

Gnes - Good seein you again dude, next time bring your boy Gea with you and wreck house in teams again xD Your Ness is super pro dude! Low tier supertar!

Cake - lol @ you talking into the floor while I'm playing a game. I didn't hear a **** thing you said, lol.

Santi - You better get a 1600 focker!

@ anyone going to Cali this month - Good luck guys, I'm sorry I can't afford to go. Just let Sethlon go ape **** on them in crews xD

@ everyone else - I love this game and you guys all keep me on my feet constantly. You're all awesome and I'll see you at the next tournament.

Edit - Are you guys gonna upload the info to AllisBrawl?

Top Bottom