• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
For the "first act of scumminess" against Spak, I said it was just a possibility. When he misread the FoS's as Votes, I explained to him that FoS's aren't actually votes, thinking that maybe he confused FoS's as votes. When he said "I know" in response, I thought he knew they weren't real votes and was actually getting worried about you being lynched at 2-3 votes. I thought he was nervous about you dying D-1, and that's when I came up with "maybe Spak is trying to defend his scummy partner." In the end, I even decided it would be better to vote for you as you were more suspicious and more likely at that moment.

As for the incorrect statements about you not defending yourself, I legitimately just skimmed over it by accident when I was looking back while writing that post. I screwed up badly.

I have defended myself before. Albeit they were really small posts that didn't hold up much, I did. After you claimed I was twisting Spak's words around to make a completely town-driven action seem scummy, I said it was only a possibility. You said fair enough so I left it alone.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I see. Let me think about this for a bit. In the mean time, could you provide specific quotations in which you defended yourself?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
For the "first act of scumminess" against Spak, I said it was just a possibility. When he misread the FoS's as Votes, I explained to him that FoS's aren't actually votes, thinking that maybe he confused FoS's as votes. When he said "I know" in response, I thought he knew they weren't real votes and was actually getting worried about you being lynched at 2-3 votes. I thought he was nervous about you dying D-1, and that's when I came up with "maybe Spak is trying to defend his scummy partner." In the end, I even decided it would be better to vote for you as you were more suspicious and more likely at that moment.

As for the incorrect statements about you not defending yourself, I legitimately just skimmed over it by accident when I was looking back while writing that post. I screwed up badly.

I have defended myself before. Albeit they were really small posts that didn't hold up much, I did. After you claimed I was twisting Spak's words around to make a completely town-driven action seem scummy, I said it was only a possibility. You said fair enough so I left it alone.
I don't know... I don't really buy it... But this is a noob game... Then again you do seem awfully knowledgeable for a true noob... Even I had to google up the FOS thing, which you seem a bit too confident about to really be a new player.

For now, I think you're up to no good.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Ok, sorry if I've been inactive so much. I've been rather busy today. Yes, I did view this thread a few times when I had the chance, however, I did not have the time to make a post to add to the conversation.

Now to read the rest of this page.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
You are twisting his words and casting suspicion on someone clearly acting in the interest of the town.
I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's still a possibility.
Fair enough, I suppose.

Misrepresentation of others' statements to cast doubt is scummy.

Vote: TheKingofKoopas. @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas Defend yourself before going MIA, please. If you have an explaination I'd like to hear it incase it would make me retract my vote.
Alright that was just completely my bad.
I'll go sit in the corner of shame.
Like I said, they're pretty crappy but I did try.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll go ahead and make it official.

Unvote
Vote: TheKingofKoopas

Your defense just doesn't hold up to me, and @ Kaladin Kaladin is right about the deceptive nature of your posts, assuming they were intentional.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Even I had to google up the FOS thing, which you seem a bit too confident about to really be a new player.
I've said before, I'm not exactly a new player. I've played a few times on another website, but its also been a while. I remember FoS because, like I said, something extremely similar to Spak misreading FoS as Votes has happened in a game I played.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I've said before, I'm not exactly a new player. I've played a few times on another website, but its also been a while. I remember FoS because, like I said, something extremely similar to Spak misreading FoS as Votes has happened in a game I played.
Just as I thought. You making noob mistakes was the only doubt I could cast on you. With this, it makes that explanation seem less likely.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So sorry everyone, I don't get on my computer during the weekend much, I should be posting much more often until next weekend.

I don't really have much to add that hasn't been said, but I do find ThatSmasher suspicious. I'm worried with his reasoning. Seems weird that he'd just want to get rid of a person, even though he finds someone else suspicious (I believe he said he was suspicious of Spak). That doesn't seem very Town.

I keep going back and forth between Generic and ThatSmasher, but I think that ThatSmasher has said more incriminating things.

Vote: ThatSmasherYouKnow

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Just as I thought. You making noob mistakes was the only doubt I could cast on you. With this, it makes that explanation seem less likely.
They weren't that great of games honestly, it was always the same guy that was actually good at the game dying on the first night and all hell breaking loose after.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I don't know... I don't really buy it... But this is a noob game... Then again you do seem awfully knowledgeable for a true noob... Even I had to google up the FOS thing, which you seem a bit too confident about to really be a new player.

For now, I think you're up to no good.
What about his defense doesn't hold up, in your mind? I'd be inclined to agree, but I'm still considering. I'd like to hear your reasoning, because if I were wrong about Bowser, what woulf the smartest thing for a mafiso to do be? Side with me, and confirm my reasoning. Not accusing, I just want verification.

Also, one thing Bowser lacks: any team work. He isn't obviously in cahoots with anyone, but that doesn't mean too much.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
What about his defense doesn't hold up, in your mind? I'd be inclined to agree, but I'm still considering. I'd like to hear your reasoning, because if I were wrong about Bowser, what woulf the smartest thing for a mafiso to do be? Side with me, and confirm my reasoning. Not accusing, I just want verification.
It just seems too convenient. That he'd mess up like that twice, while still being a Townie...

What would the smartest thing for a mafioso to do be? Stay determined. Don't admit mistakes, invent some reasoning why you were never wrong to begin with. Act confidently, and decisively. All the backpedaling does is gives you more opportunities to screw up, and makes any assertions you make later less convincing.

Instead, a good Mafioso would defend themselves by supporting their actions, not taking them back.

Also, one thing Bowser lacks: any team work. He isn't obviously in cahoots with anyone, but that doesn't mean too much.
I have a theory that explains that. If he's a Werewolf, @ SlickWylde SlickWylde has been MIA the whole game so far, excepting his most recent post. If he were the other Werewolf, Bowser would be unable to cooperate with him.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Ok, so @ Kaladin Kaladin 's post on the previous page has definitely made me a less suspicious of him, but there's still one thing that's been bothering me. The fact that he has stated multiple times that he is a town member. I don't know if it's worthy enough for further suspicions, but it's definitely pretty weird in my opinion.

Unvote: *GenericHandle*

Now on to some other people. Like many others, I'm also a bit suspicious of ThatSmasherYouKnow. Just look at some of his earlier posts.

First he starts off with a vote for no lynch.

Vote: No Lynch
But then he did this.

Yeah, Generic seems well, generically suspicious.

Unvote

FOS: *GenericHandle*
Uhh, didn't he just vote for no lynch? Maybe he was trying to bandwagon for a quick kill? @ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow got anything to say about this? Also, has this already been said before?

May I also bring to attention GreenReaperGod's vote?
I find it odd how you went from conserving your vote to violently targeting Rosa, and for no good reason as well. Seems pretty scummy in my eyes.

Unvote

FOS: *GenericHandle* [
/QUOTE]
Taking GenericHandle's joke vote seriously?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be watching some stuff with the family. So I'll probably get back on either in about an hour or tomorrow.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I have a theory that explains that. If he's a Werewolf, @ SlickWylde SlickWylde has been MIA the whole game so far, excepting his most recent post. If he were the other Werewolf, Bowser would be unable to cooperate with him.
I find it very interesting that you chose not to mention Rosalina, Omar, or J. Especially Rosalina.... who I do not think has posted at all.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I find it very interesting that you chose not to mention Rosalina, Omar, or J. Especially Rosalina.... who I do not think has posted at all.
Omar did at least vote. Plus, Our good friend the Koopster was accusing him multiple times. While I could see a passing vote as a simple distraction... If I were on a team with him, I wouldn't have pushed for it.

Slick has also been EVEN MORE MIA than Rosalina... After all, he wasn't even confirmed.

That said, you might be onto something with her. I think she might be something much more insidious... A mastermind, pulling her mafia's strings from behind the scenes, pretending to be MIA.

I have little basis for this scenario at all, however. Simply that she was confirmed before the game started, and hasn't posted once.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
The theory is sound, but it could be any non-poster.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to hop off and get some rest.

@ me if you've got anything to say, and I'll address it in the morning.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Slick has also been EVEN MORE MIA than Rosalina... After all, he wasn't even confirmed.
But by the time you made this post, Slick had posted. How does that not make him less MIA? Also, why would you straight up not mention Rosalina? Just because slick was "EVEN MORE MIA"? Both of them hadn't posted at all (until just now when Slick posted). Also, if the fact that he hadn't confirmed was so important, why didn't you mention it in your original post?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
But by the time you made this post, Slick had posted. How does that not make him less MIA? Also, why would you straight up not mention Rosalina? Just because slick was "EVEN MORE MIA"? Both of them hadn't posted at all (until just now when Slick posted). Also, if the fact that he hadn't confirmed was so important, why didn't you mention it in your original post?
Honestly, Slyck was just on my mind because of his recent post. I forgot all about the other invisibles. My defense there was just me afraid that my post would be shot down due to that oversight.

I probably should have said this first instead, but ehh.

Anyway, off to bed for real now.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Honestly, Slyck was just on my mind because of his recent post. I forgot all about the other invisibles. My defense there was just me afraid that my post would be shot down due to that oversight.

I probably should have said this first instead, but ehh.

Anyway, off to bed for real now.
What would the smartest thing for a mafioso to do be? Stay determined. Don't admit mistakes, invent some reasoning why you were never wrong to begin with. Act confidently, and decisively. All the backpedaling does is gives you more opportunities to screw up, and makes any assertions you make later less convincing.

Instead, a good Mafioso would defend themselves by supporting their actions, not taking them back.
HMMM

Unvote, Vote: RadicalRat

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow

I would still like for you to answer my questions.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Right, k, caught up. Soz I haven't posted recently. I just used my computer for the first time in... I think it was a day, but somehow the posts make it seem much longer.
yeah, soz

But if we kill a town today, that decreases our chances of winning.

Still, the reward for being right outweighs the consequence for being wrong if we have any lead whatsoever.
Here, we always lynch unless there's obviously some tactical advantage to not lynching. By lynching, we gain information on others. Although mathematically, it may not be perfect, we try to win off opinions and interrogation, rather than chance, having faith in our own questioning skills and scums' lack thereof. (This is the first time I've said scum appropriately, with more than one mafia team present. Achievement unlocked!)

Uh, what was the point of this post? You're just making everyone suspicious of you, whether you be a townie or maf/wolf.
Okay, I said you were probably Town, and this is your response? Noob or otherwise, that's BAD.

#Vote: ThatSmasherYouKnow
Uh.
Yeah there's no way around it, that's just suspicious man.
I don't think so. Sometimes, questioning a change can actually be a sign of towniness, as they don't take things for granted and are actually scumreading. In this case though, he may not be town, but I don't think there's enough to say he scum. It's a joke, again a mountain from a molehill. But maybe... keep it in mind.

But why does it matter? At that point in the game, his vote was worth almost nothing. Why would he create a connection between him and his mafia buddy so soon? The only scum reason I can think of for Generic to skip over Spak's post would be to defend Omar, because Omar would be forced to speak if he had enough votes on him.
Do you really think it's a feasible for a scum to just stay silent and hope his partner would be able to make enough excuses without seeming sus? Isn't that a bit contrived?

Oh, you're absolutely right there. Sorry, I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.

Regardless, what you said there confirms it. See, that may save you from suspicions as a Werewolf... but by removing the evidence that you're NOT mafia, you make Green look suspicious as mafia again, since I had suspected you two together. Now, ignoring the ACCURACY of these claims, instead focusing on the fact that these claims existed...

If you were Town, you wouldn't want any unnecessary suspicion cast on a fellow Townie. If you were in cahoots with him, you wouldn't want to UNCLEAR your buddy. So it seems to me that you'd be scum.

I'll admit that I may just be reading into things too much, but that's just my thinking on the matter.
If he's town, why wouldn't he want to cast suspicious on fellow town? That's how interogation works, by casting suspicion on others (remember that everyone else looks town), and seeing how they react.
Rat seems a bit sus.

But if you're a townie, you wouldn't know who else was, so you would only help the ones you find least suspicious, right?

Also, you don't have to figure out whether they're Mafia or Werewolf, they're both bad anyway.
As for this, sometimes. Depending on how strong of a town read on them, they may be similar to your most suspicious person, or they may be mod-cleared. It should affect how you treat them.

Also, I'm pretty sure gen's town right now. It feels a bit like Spak in the Dgames Revival mafia and my very first game: a newbie makes a mistake and a mountain is made of a molehill. And I kinda like his input.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Day 1 of high school. 6 AM is 2 early 4 me. Time to get ready.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Do you really think it's a feasible for a scum to just stay silent and hope his partner would be able to make enough excuses without seeming sus? Isn't that a bit contrived?
No, I don't think it's feasible for a scum to stay silent like that, but they could stay silent for the first few pages. Early suspicions and first impressions are very important. Like....

Also, I'm pretty sure gen's town right now. It feels a bit like Spak in the Dgames Revival mafia and my very first game: a newbie makes a mistake and a mountain is made of a molehill. And I kinda like his input.
If Generic had waited until things had settled before he posted, he probably wouldn't be the center of attention now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Here, we always lynch unless there's obviously some tactical advantage to not lynching. By lynching, we gain information on others. Although mathematically, it may not be perfect, we try to win off opinions and interrogation, rather than chance, having faith in our own questioning skills and scums' lack thereof. (This is the first time I've said scum appropriately, with more than one mafia team present. Achievement unlocked!)
(That's why I said the reward for being right outweighs the consequences for being wrong)

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
HMMM

Unvote, Vote: RadicalRat
Of course there's a correlation there. A good mafioso acts like the Town, and therefore my Town strategy and Mafia strategy are going to be as similar as possible here to make my Mafia game harder to read.The difference lies in who I target.

If that isn't enough to satisfy you, consider this... Why would I answer an obviously loaded question like that with anything that could possibly be used to reveal me as a mafioso? The fact they I gave a decent answer is proof of my innocence.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

The dGames Archive is an excellent place for newbies to learn a thing or two. Not only do you get to read through just about every mafia game in the history of Decisive Games but by highlighting outstanding performances in bold, yellow letters it also tells you which players in particular to look out for in that game. That way you might get some neat ideas on how to buff your own performance. Whether this is your first mafia game or not - doing your homework and checking out the archive can be immensely useful especially since it also contains all past newbie games as well!

~~~
Mod Note:

All roles have been assigned randomly! Assume this to be the case for all roles in all the games I host unless specifcally stated otherwise.

~~~​

Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
Omar_25 | Spak, #HBC Kary | 2 / 7
TheKingofKoopas | *GenericHandle*, RadicalRat | 2 / 7
ThatSmasherYouKnow | SlickWylde | 1 / 7
RadicalRat | Zalak | 1 / 7
Not voting: GreenReaperGod, ThatSmasherYouKnow, #HBC | J, RosalinaSGS, TheKingofKoopas, Omar_25

:059:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Because that's what I would do if I hosted a game. I'd try to make the game as balanced as possible.
How exactly is giving the evil roles to the people who are already aware of some effective strategies, while pitting them against a noob force balanced?

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Vote: ThatSmasherYouKnow

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow

What do you think about Koopa and Rat?

Do you have any reads/leans on any players besides Generic and Spak?
Koopa seems a little suspicious, and Rat is making a lot of accusations. I'm not so sure about Generic anymore, but Spak, I dunno. As for you guys thinking I'm mafia, your loss.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Since he's a hot topic right now, I should probably have an opinion on TSYK. He seems scummy, but not scummy enough for immediate lynching. I want to observe him for at least another day first.

Top Bottom