• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I don't know why he'd create that connection... That's an excellent point. However, I still find it suspicious that he'd say to conserve his vote, then aggressively target Rosa. If he'd voted for anyone else, maybe. But he joined another player's vote before any proper suspicions were given. That's not a random vote. That's a vote with an aim to get a kill in.
I agree that his hypocrisy is a bit suspicious, but if he's played even a single game of forum mafia before, there's no way he'd try to get a kill like that. Yes, he could have been trying to shine the spotlight on Rosalina, but he couldn't have gotten a quick kill during the RVS, and he knows that. Usually, one someone has a couple votes, we stop voting for them and instead start talking about them. At least from my experience with DG's forum mafia games, we almost always wait until the last real life day of an in-game day to kill someone. No one would try to get a kill in THAT quickly.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
THIS GRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IS NOT A HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I agree that his hypocrisy is a bit suspicious, but if he's played even a single game of forum mafia before, there's no way he'd try to get a kill like that. Yes, he could have been trying to shine the spotlight on Rosalina, but he couldn't have gotten a quick kill during the RVS, and he knows that. Usually, one someone has a couple votes, we stop voting for them and instead start talking about them. At least from my experience with DG's forum mafia games, we almost always wait until the last real life day of an in-game day to kill someone. No one would try to get a kill in THAT quickly.
Well I would. The way I see it, if we kill a mafia today, that's one less mafia around for the night phase.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well I would. The way I see it, if we kill a mafia today, that's one less mafia around for the night phase.
I mean he wouldn't try to get a kill from random voting, or during the first real life day. the town almost always kills SOMEONE on the first in-game day.

also
once someone*

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I also don't like GreenReaperGod. There's nothing to go on here, so the only logical thing to do as Town would be to not vote. The fact that they've both voted for the same person also makes it seem as though they might be co-ordinating... JUST LIKE THE MAFIA.
I find it odd how you went from conserving your vote to violently targeting Rosa, and for no good reason as well. Seems pretty scummy in my eyes.

Unvote

FOS: *GenericHandle*
sigh

I was the one that pointed GenHand's suspicious activity out and caused everyone to vote/FOS him in the first place.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Unvote

Vote: *Generic* Has more votes, might as well help out. Still keeping an eye on Spak though.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
But if we kill a town today, that decreases our chances of winning.

Still, the reward for being right outweighs the consequence for being wrong if we have any lead whatsoever.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... In light of recent developments I'd like to revise my suspicion of GenHand to be... A WEREWOLF!

In this new accusation, Green gets off the hook... for now.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Although this may be because he's new to the game, ThatSmasher seems to be doing a lot of bandwagoning.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Unvote

Vote: *Generic* Has more votes, might as well help out. Still keeping an eye on Spak though.
You shouldn't drop Spak just because Generic has more votes. If you think Spak is suspicious, you should tell us why, and you should try to get him talking. Voting for someone simply because they have the most votes is actually frowned upon in forum mafia. It's called bandwagoning, and people who do it are usually accused of being scum. You have to listen to what others say, but also hold onto your own beliefs, yo. Don't drop your accusations so quickly, unless something has changed your mind.

Mmm... In light of recent developments I'd like to revise my suspicion of GenHand to be... A WEREWOLF!

In this new accusation, Green gets off the hook... for now.
Why is he a werewolf now?

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Well, I think Generic and Spak are mafiosi and they both know it. That's why Spak protected him. Yes, I am new to the game, so that's why I'm doing so much bandwagoning. So, I dunno, both are suspicious, but I don't see why GenHand is a werewolf.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well, I think Generic and Spak are mafiosi and they both know it. That's why Spak protected him. Yes, I am new to the game, so that's why I'm doing so much bandwagoning. So, I dunno, both are suspicious, but I don't see why GenHand is a werewolf.
So you think I'm scum because Generic said that Koops misrepresented my statement? Much logic.

Anyways, will be MIA for a bit and will start going to sleep earlier. I have to get up at 5:30 AM for school.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
please elaborate on why you think GH is suspicious
I feel like he's very inconsistent with his posts, including from someone who has played before. Usually the first day would start with random voting, but he voted for no lynch instead. After a few more posts, he voted for Rosa after someone else did, then retracted it. That and he hasn't really defended himself yet, but defended Spak.

Spak misreading FOS as Vote I can believe. I've seen that happen before, including the host from a different game :U

I have no idea what ThatSmasher and Radrat are doing though.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
he hasn't really defended himself yet
If you must know, I've been picking up Ness, so I really don't like Rosa. We need to start somewhere without anything to go on, particularly given the deadline. Anyhow, SKTAR stream should be starting soon, so byeee.
I've played mafia for about two years, but that was two years ago. This is my first game in quite some time, certainly over a year. As for what happened to conserving my vote, I came to the conclusion that random voting was necessary to make the game move, and hey, screw rosa.

As of right now, I'm most suspicious of TheKingOfKoopas for reasons already stated.
That's not necessarily true.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Misrepresentation of others' statements to cast doubt is scummy.

Vote: TheKingofKoopas. @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas Defend yourself before going MIA, please. If you have an explaination I'd like to hear it incase it would make me retract my vote.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Why is he a werewolf now?
Like you said, why would he establish a link with his mafia buddies? Furthermore, he seems to be abnormally erratic in his behavior, which doesn't befit the co-ordinated force that is the mafia.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Like you said, why would he establish a link with his mafia buddies? Furthermore, he seems to be abnormally erratic in his behavior, which doesn't befit the co-ordinated force that is the mafia.
Maybe if this were real-life, but the mafia and werewolves are allowed the same amount of co-ordination here, yes?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if this were real-life, but the mafia and werewolves are allowed the same amount of co-ordination here, yes?
Oh, you're absolutely right there. Sorry, I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.

Regardless, what you said there confirms it. See, that may save you from suspicions as a Werewolf... but by removing the evidence that you're NOT mafia, you make Green look suspicious as mafia again, since I had suspected you two together. Now, ignoring the ACCURACY of these claims, instead focusing on the fact that these claims existed...

If you were Town, you wouldn't want any unnecessary suspicion cast on a fellow Townie. If you were in cahoots with him, you wouldn't want to UNCLEAR your buddy. So it seems to me that you'd be scum.

I'll admit that I may just be reading into things too much, but that's just my thinking on the matter.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
If you were Town, you wouldn't want any unnecessary suspicion cast on a fellow Townie. If you were in cahoots with him, you wouldn't want to UNCLEAR your buddy. So it seems to me that you'd be scum.
But if you're a townie, you wouldn't know who else was, so you would only help the ones you find least suspicious, right?

Also, you don't have to figure out whether they're Mafia or Werewolf, they're both bad anyway.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Oh, you're absolutely right there. Sorry, I'm used to Mafia being the only ones with the chat.

Regardless, what you said there confirms it. See, that may save you from suspicions as a Werewolf... but by removing the evidence that you're NOT mafia, you make Green look suspicious as mafia again, since I had suspected you two together. Now, ignoring the ACCURACY of these claims, instead focusing on the fact that these claims existed...

I'll admit that I may just be reading into things too much, but that's just my thinking on the matter.
I'm confused. I'm a townie (do people say townie here? It was widely used on the other forum I played on), so I don't know anyone else's roles. Green could be scum, or he could not, but he hasn't done anything particularly incriminating...

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
But if you're a townie, you wouldn't know who else was, so you would only help the ones you find least suspicious, right?
I'm confused. I'm a townie (do people say townie here? It was widely used on the other forum I played on), so I don't know anyone else's roles. Green could be scum, or he could not, but he hasn't done anything particularly incriminating...

Yes... but I don't like the idea of DEFLECTING suspicion, unless it's toward the accuser. Like, I'm actually surprised no one's said anything about me yet.

Also, you don't have to figure out whether they're Mafia or Werewolf, they're both bad anyway.
They may both be bad, but the difference in abilities means you could want to target them with different priority. Since Werewolves can kill, and Mafia can only talk and misdirect, a Werewolf would have a higher lynch priority in my mind. Though I could also accept the argument that Werewolves would potentially kill the mafia, thereby helping the town, making it a good idea to keep them alive, I don't think that's a risk worth taking.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
They may both be bad, but the difference in abilities means you could want to target them with different priority. Since Werewolves can kill, and Mafia can only talk and misdirect, a Werewolf would have a higher lynch priority in my mind. Though I could also accept the argument that Werewolves would potentially kill the mafia, thereby helping the town, making it a good idea to keep them alive, I don't think that's a risk worth taking.
This is sound reasoning. Very good point.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Unvote.

I think I'm taking day one too seriously. We still don't have much word from Rosa, Slick, and Omar (especially odd since he voted, then went off) and a lynch probably shouldn't happen before we at least hear from them.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I didn't even notice the Mafia couldn't kill, I just assumed both Mafia and Werewolves would be killing during the night.
That makes much more sense now.

The corner of shame now has a giant sign labeled "property of TheKingofKoopas"

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Huh... The first day is always the hardest in mafia games. Well, since there's litterally nothing to go on, I'll conserve my vote for now. Go townies!
I was going back through the thread to look for another clue, and while this didn't really seem off to me at the time... it stands out now. Nothing he said is suspicious, necessarily... but it just seems odd to me that he'd need to say it all. There's no vote here, there's just a hollow promise of conserving a vote( Which seems useless anyway since we can unvote and change and such ), and an empty "Go townies!"

This post has no reason to exist.

The only reason I can think of for it being made is to assert an alignment with the Town. An attempt to get us to consider you an ally before the game even REALLY starts. Granted, there's no real reason a Townie WOULDN'T give their friends a note of encouragement... it just seems like the scum crew has a better reason to say something like that.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I was going back through the thread to look for another clue, and while this didn't really seem off to me at the time... it stands out now. Nothing he said is suspicious, necessarily... but it just seems odd to me that he'd need to say it all. There's no vote here, there's just a hollow promise of conserving a vote( Which seems useless anyway since we can unvote and change and such ), and an empty "Go townies!"

This post has no reason to exist.

The only reason I can think of for it being made is to assert an alignment with the Town. An attempt to get us to consider you an ally before the game even REALLY starts. Granted, there's no real reason a Townie WOULDN'T give their friends a note of encouragement... it just seems like the scum crew has a better reason to say something like that.
I posted to signify my awareness of the game starting.

Listen, dude, you're reading too much into this. Maybe I'm actually illuminati?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I'm digging kinda deep here. I'll freely admit that. But you're claiming to have YEARS of experience under your belt. That kind of experience comes with all manner of sneaky tactics, and I'll dig up whatever I can to expose them.

I'm not saying anything I say should be counted as solid evidence, but it's all something to take into account while we're making these decisions. It's simply postulation and suggestions to get more out there to discuss.

And hey, if you are the Illuminati, I'm gonna have to ask you to step up Half Life 3 development... we've been waiting long enough.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123

Why didn't you vote for someone? If you have experience with mafia, you should know about RVS.

Yeah, I'm digging kinda deep here. I'll freely admit that. But you're claiming to have YEARS of experience under your belt. That kind of experience comes with all manner of sneaky tactics, and I'll dig up whatever I can to expose them.

I'm not saying anything I say should be counted as solid evidence, but it's all something to take into account while we're making these decisions. It's simply postulation and suggestions to get more out there to discuss.

And hey, if you are the Illuminati, I'm gonna have to ask you to step up Half Life 3 development... we've been waiting long enough.
no such thing as digging too deep in forum mafia....

Top Bottom