• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

This game has an "open" setup. That means that all roles present in this game are publicly known to all players in advance. However, not all mafia games are open - many times you will not know about which roles are present depending on the host's discretion. As you will find out on your way, "open" and "closed" setups end up being played out quite differently but open setups are generally more helpful for newbie players.

If you play in an open game make sure you take a good look at the roles from time to time! As you grow more confident and knowledgable you may find out new things as you take another look at the setup so don't forget to check out the role PMs in the OP of this game from time to time!

~~~​

Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
Omar_25 | Spak | 1 / 7
RosalinaSGS | GreenReaperGod, *GenericHandle* | 2 / 7
*GenericHandle* | #HBC Kary, Omar_25 | 2 / 7

:059:

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Vote: *GenericHandle*

Saying "Go town" at the beginning of the game seems like something scum would do.
Of course, the modus operandi of scum is to cast suspicion on others by any means necessary, often grasping at straws in the process. Evidently, you are well verse in straw grasping.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Huh... The first day is always the hardest in mafia games. Well, since there's litterally nothing to go on, I'll conserve my vote for now. Go townies!
Vote: RosalinaSGS.

Why? Not because of the above poster's admittedly sound reasoning, but because screw Rosa. Seriously. Die.
I find it odd how you went from conserving your vote to violently targeting Rosa, and for no good reason as well. Seems pretty scummy in my eyes.

Unvote

FOS: *GenericHandle*

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I find it odd how you went from conserving your vote to violently targeting Rosa, and for no good reason as well. Seems pretty scummy in my eyes.

Unvote

If you must know, I've been picking up Ness, so I really don't like Rosa. We need to start somewhere without anything to go on, particularly given the deadline. Anyhow, SKTAR stream should be starting soon, so byeee.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I'll admit Generic seems the most suspicious right now. Could be inexperienced with the game, but he's said he's played Mafia before on other forums.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Yeah, Generic seems well, generically suspicious.

Unvote

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Guys, be careful with the Generic votes. He's at L-2 and we don't want to put him at L-1; Mafia or Indie could get an easy hammer that way.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
We're not actually voting, we're doing "Finger of Suspicion". Pretty much just means they're suspicious.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Guys, be careful with the Generic votes. He's at L-2 and we don't want to put him at L-1; Mafia or Indie could get an easy hammer that way.
To my knowledge, finger of suspicion (FOS) doesn't actually mean that you're voting to lynch, so right now Generic technically only has 2 votes. I'm pretty sure it means "I'm not officially voting but you are who I would vote for if I had to."

Tutor, correct me if I'm wrong.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
To my knowledge, finger of suspicion (FOS) doesn't actually mean that you're voting to lynch, so right now Generic technically only has 2 votes. I'm pretty sure it means "I'm not officially voting but you are who I would vote for if I had to."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it means. The idea behind it is that you can use this to communicate your sentiments without letting the mafia get an easy decision, correct?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

I know, but I wanted to make sure we didn't have an accidental lynch.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Hmm, I really don't know who to trust anymore. I have two suspicious people, but I'm not so sure.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm concerned not concerned about GenHand, I'm concerned about an accidental lynch D1.
your concern doesn't seem very genuine. but anyways.

please post something that actually helps us find scum.

Hmm, I really don't know who to trust anymore. I have two suspicious people, but I'm not so sure.
hmm, yes.

you could vote for one of them, you know.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Unvote.

Vote: no lynch

At least until there's something solid-ish to go on...

At any rate, just in case I am lynched, let me say this: don't let my being a townie remove suspicion from anyone who appears to defend me. Anyone could be scum.

Anyone.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Well the fact that Spak was so concerned about an accidental D1 lynching (even though it wasn't going to happen) is a bit weird. Besides being genuinely concerned, the only other reason I could think of him doing that would be if he and Generic were both Mafiosi or Werewolves, and he was trying to protect him from dying day 1.
I don't have much else to go on, but I believe Generic is still more suspicious than Spak at the moment.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Well the fact that Spak was so concerned about an accidental D1 lynching (even though it wasn't going to happen) is a bit weird. Besides being genuinely concerned, the only other reason I could think of him doing that would be if he and Generic were both Mafiosi or Werewolves, and he was trying to protect him from dying day 1.
I don't have much else to go on, but I believe Generic is still more suspicious than Spak at the moment.
He wasn't trying to prevent an accidental lynching:

He was trying to prevent an easy scum hammer. You are twisting his words and casting suspicion on someone clearly acting in the interest of the town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey, so I've been bed-ridden with strep and will be for the next couple days. Just lemme know if you need me to replace out because I understand, but I should be back up and running around Wednesday. So I'm V/LA until then. My apologies.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Huh... The first day is always the hardest in mafia games. Well, since there's litterally nothing to go on, I'll conserve my vote for now. Go townies!
Actually, I have a PRO TIP for you. Usually, in these forum mafia games, we'll start voting people at random for the .5-1.5 pages or so in order to get a conversation rolling, because it's basically all we can do.

-___- Don't trust anyone.
We have plenty of people to look at now. What is it that made you choose Spak? If we want to get anywhere, we need you to tell us what motivated you to vote for him. Was it because he defended Generic, or is it because of some other reason?

Unvote.

Vote: no lynch

At least until there's something solid-ish to go on...

At any rate, just in case I am lynched, let me say this: don't let my being a townie remove suspicion from anyone who appears to defend me. Anyone could be scum.

Anyone.
Generic, no one is proven yet, and you are currently one of the more suspicious players. At this point, I'm pretty sure most people think the people defending you are scummy. Right now, it looks like you're trying to twist this situation into something it's not, just so you can restate your townyness.

So, you said that anyone defending you could be scum. Is there anyone who seems particularly scummy to you?

ALSO WHAT'S UP WITH THIS
Vote: RosalinaSGS.

Why? Not because of the above poster's admittedly sound reasoning, but because screw Rosa. Seriously. Die.
What happened to conserving your vote? Why is it that you were afraid to start random voting until someone else had voted? How long have you been playing forum mafia btw? Did you already know about RVS (Random Voting Stage)?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Actually, I have a PRO TIP for you. Usually, in these forum mafia games, we'll start voting people at random for the .5-1.5 pages or so in order to get a conversation rolling, because it's basically all we can do.

We have plenty of people to look at now. What is it that made you choose Spak? If we want to get anywhere, we need you to tell us what motivated you to vote for him. Was it because he defended Generic, or is it because of some other reason?

Generic, no one is proven yet, and you are currently one of the more suspicious players. At this point, I'm pretty sure most people think the people defending you are scummy. Right now, it looks like you're trying to twist this situation into something it's not, just so you can restate your townyness.

So, you said that anyone defending you could be scum. Is there anyone who seems particularly scummy to you?

ALSO WHAT'S UP WITH THIS

What happened to conserving your vote? Why is it that you were afraid to start random voting until someone else had voted? How long have you been playing forum mafia btw? Did you already know about RVS (Random Voting Stage)?
I've played mafia for about two years, but that was two years ago. This is my first game in quite some time, certainly over a year. As for what happened to conserving my vote, I came to the conclusion that random voting was necessary to make the game move, and hey, screw rosa.

As of right now, I'm most suspicious of TheKingOfKoopas for reasons already stated.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've played mafia for about two years, but that was two years ago. This is my first game in quite some time, certainly over a year. As for what happened to conserving my vote, I came to the conclusion that random voting was necessary to make the game move, and hey, screw rosa.

As of right now, I'm most suspicious of TheKingOfKoopas for reasons already stated.
You played for about two years starting two years ago, but you haven't played a game in over a year?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123

But doesn't what he said about Spak kind of jive with your whole "don't trust the people who are defending me" thing? You seem to believe pretty firmly in Spak's innocence.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman

I also don't like GreenReaperGod. There's nothing to go on here, so the only logical thing to do as Town would be to not vote. The fact that they've both voted for the same person also makes it seem as though they might be co-ordinating... JUST LIKE THE MAFIA. The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.

I also don't like his backpedaling.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123

I also don't like GreenReaperGod. There's nothing to go on here, so the only logical thing to do as Town would be to not vote. The fact that they've both voted for the same person also makes it seem as though they might be co-ordinating... JUST LIKE THE MAFIA. The reason I'm voting for GenericHandle is because there've been others catching on to him as well, making him more likely to get the 7 required.

Does this change your opinion on Green at all?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

Should you die while the game is still going on - either through a lynch or a Night Kill - you will be sent a link to a quicktopic called "Green Room". In this room the mod and the dead players can converse freely over what's going on in the game. As a newbie player you should make sure to check out that room regularly as there will be a LOT of useful information revealed. Reading through the modnotes that I will post regularly and getting avice from more experienced players and the mod can give you a good idea on the thought process of people and help improve your performance in future games.

~~~​

Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
Omar_25 | Spak | 1 / 7
No Lynch | *GenericHandle* | 1 / 7
*GenericHandle* | #HBC Kary, Omar_25, TheKingofKoopas, RadicalRat | 4 / 7
Not voting: SlickWylde, GreenReaperGod, ThatSmasherYouKnow, #HBC | J, Zalak, RosalinaSGS

:059:

Last edited:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Does this change your opinion on Green at all?
It does not. Random voting isn't enough to go on, which is why I didn't say anything about Spak yet. But Gen here jumped on Green's accusation just because... or so he'd have us think. It's POSSIBLE he just didn't read Spak's post, but I feel like he'd have jumped on the first accusation instead of waiting on his mafia buddy, Green.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
You played for about two years starting two years ago, but you haven't played a game in over a year?
No. I stopped playing/took a break two years ago, and had been playingg for two years before that.

But doesn't what he said about Spak kind of jive with your whole "don't trust the people who are defending me" thing? You seem to believe pretty firmly in Spak's innocence.
I'm not sure about Spak, but, in the short term at least, reminding people not to make an easy mafia hammer would be a silly thing for the mafia to do. I don't like Bowser because he misrepresented what Spak said to cast him in a worse light. Seems pretty scummy to moi.

You're bandwagoning on me? Alrighty then. Further, if two people vote for the same person they're mafia?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I also don't like GreenReaperGod. There's nothing to go on here, so the only logical thing to do as Town would be to not vote.
It's RVS. You're generally supposed to vote to get the game rolling.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It does not. Random voting isn't enough to go on, which is why I didn't say anything about Spak yet. But Gen here jumped on Green's accusation just because... or so he'd have us think. It's POSSIBLE he just didn't read Spak's post, but I feel like he'd have jumped on the first accusation instead of waiting on his mafia buddy, Green.
But why does it matter? At that point in the game, his vote was worth almost nothing. Why would he create a connection between him and his mafia buddy so soon? The only scum reason I can think of for Generic to skip over Spak's post would be to defend Omar, because Omar would be forced to speak if he had enough votes on him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, I read FOS as Voting for some reason. Now I get why people were confused at my L-2 statement.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
You're bandwagoning on me? Alrighty then. Further, if two people vote for the same person they're mafia?
I'm not exactly bandwagoning on you. You and Green are both suspicious to me, but I can't very well lynch the one with no votes and less evidence, now can I? To your second point, I'm of course not saying anything is confirmed here yet. Simply something I find suspicious in a random vote phase... Especially since you made a point to say you're not doing it because of Green's reasoning.

But why does it matter? At that point in the game, his vote was worth almost nothing. Why would he create a connection between him and his mafia buddy so soon? The only scum reason I can think of for Generic to skip over Spak's post would be to defend Omar, because Omar would be forced to speak if he had enough votes on him.
I don't know why he'd create that connection... That's an excellent point. However, I still find it suspicious that he'd say to conserve his vote, then aggressively target Rosa. If he'd voted for anyone else, maybe. But he joined another player's vote before any proper suspicions were given. That's not a random vote. That's a vote with an aim to get a kill in.

Speaking of Green's reasoning... QUESTION FOR THE MOD AND/OR MORE EXPERIENCED FOLKS!
Are the roles NOT randomly given?

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I also find Generic's actions to be all over the place, or they just contradict each other. Like how at the beginning he said he wasn't gonna vote anyone, voted for Rosa, then went back on it again. Not sure if that means anything, but just noting.

Top Bottom