• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
@ Kaladin Kaladin

paypal me $5 and I will let you live until Day 3, deal?
While I'm capable of recognizing this is a joke... Even SUGGESTING the notion of "letting someone live" seems awfully suspicious to me. Jokes always have some sort of inspiration, so what kind of position are you in to let someone live? A killing position, perhaps?

Perhaps I could write this off as you just being a jokester... but you're the IC, which means you're super duper pro at this Forum Mafia thing, right? I can't take the risk of you WANTING us to write that post off as nothing more than a joke.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Addendum: Just in case it wasn't clear, I know that Kary's not ACTUALLY gonna sell life privileges. The point there is that the joke only makes sense if she has a role with authority over life and death.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
@ Kaladin Kaladin

paypal me $5 and I will let you live until Day 3, deal?
Lol. Yeah, it's looking like rip me. At least I lasted longer than Dabuz did vs Nairo today.

Why didn't you vote for someone? If you have experience with mafia, you should know about RVS.

no such thing as digging too deep in forum mafia....

The forum I played on (Supercell's forum for CoC) didn't employ RVS. Rather, most people only through FoS around days 1-2, then started lynching once there was actually things to go off of. I decided to vote once it became obvious this forum doesn't do that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
While I'm capable of recognizing this is a joke... Even SUGGESTING the notion of "letting someone live" seems awfully suspicious to me. Jokes always have some sort of inspiration, so what kind of position are you in to let someone live? A killing position, perhaps?

Perhaps I could write this off as you just being a jokester... but you're the IC, which means you're super duper pro at this Forum Mafia thing, right? I can't take the risk of you WANTING us to write that post off as nothing more than a joke.
Addendum: Just in case it wasn't clear, I know that Kary's not ACTUALLY gonna sell life privileges. The point there is that the joke only makes sense if she has a role with authority over life and death.
blah blah blah

dude you don't seem to appreciate there's $5 on the line here.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
So now that I got my priorities straightened, this is what I think now.

ThatSmasher has been bandwagoning a lot, and blatantly too. Have no idea whether it's inexperience or he's messing with us, but it's still suspicious nonetheless.

I find it weird that Omar came to random vote, then left. It said he's viewed this thread multiple times after that, but he could also just be busy and viewing on mobile. idk.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
FOS: Kary
( Are we allowed to use FOS while keeping a previously made vote? )

She didn't even bother to acknowledge anything I said, and instead continued the joke. I'll admit, it was a reach, but as @ Zalak Zalak said...

no such thing as digging too deep in forum mafia....
Had she outright claimed to be a Werewolf, I'd say that's fine, I've been known to claim to be Serial Killer in a few rounds of Town of Salem for the lulz. However, the fact that this joke didn't explicitly state her guilt, but instead relies on it to make sense... I'm not so sure.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
So now that I got my priorities straightened, this is what I think now.

ThatSmasher has been bandwagoning a lot, and blatantly too. Have no idea whether it's inexperience or he's messing with us, but it's still suspicious nonetheless.

I find it weird that Omar came to random vote, then left. It said he's viewed this thread multiple times after that, but he could also just be busy and viewing on mobile. idk.
I concur, Omar's inactivity IS suspicious...

ThatSmasher's bandwagoning might be. But I'm not getting bad vibes off it. I mean, this IS a noob game, and following the crowd seems reasonable for an inexperienced player... but I have no clue about his background.

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow
Care to comment?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
If I do indeed die, since I can't say anything after:

Investigate/lynch Bowser. Investigate Radical Rat -- he could be innocent, or he could be employing a rather effective scum strategy.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, right? With that out of the way, here is my complete defense of myself! This is all being typed from mobile, so I won't be multiquoting.

Suspicion was first cast on me when I said 'Go townies!' because it sounds like something scum would say, apparently. However, this was during the RVS: the guy that voted for me (again, on mobile. Not checking, can't remember) saw my name, saw a mildly odd statement, and decided to vote for me. Perfectly reasonable, considering it would be random anyway. Unfortunately, this random vote sparked a bandwagon against me with little basis in reason, as we shall see shortly.

The second argument presented against me is that I decided to change from conserving my vote to 'violently attacking' Rosalina. The explaination is simple and has already been detailed in this thread: I was simply not used to RVS. Once two people voted, I realized this forum opporated off different rules. Thus, I decided to vote. With nothing to go off, I glanced at names, saw an annoying character, and voted. It would be illogical to go for a kill durring random voting if I were scum, simply due to the unfavorable risk/reward ratio. Further, once someone exhibited scummy behavior (Bowser) I changed my vote. I was obviously not committed to taking out Rosa, other wise I would not have changed my vote in light of Bowser's subtle but scummy inclinations.

Another attack raised against me is that my votes lined up with someone else... My votes were combined against someone that literally has not posted yet. If I were a scummie, why would I get my budies to target someone that is not a threat? Why not target an obviously intelligent and thus dangerous player like Radical? Further, and I cannot stress this enough, I am currently voting against the tide and without any allies. If the argument against me hinges on my vote being added to that of my peers, it is a week argument indeed.

An innocent townie is on the verge of lynching due to a combination of faulty logic and bandwagoning.

If there's anything I missed, please, remind me! I'd love to refute it as well.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
To be completely honest, I'm sort of leaning towards neutral for GenHand. However, I'm not going to make a final decision and vote until the rest of the players (J, Slick, Omar, Rosalina) have made some significant posts.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Don't think the situation is that dire. The deadline is still a week away, and I retracted my vote so that you have less of a chance of being lynched immediately.
I think we need to hear from more people, though. Even though I thought you were suspicious, I completely neglected the fact that there are people that haven't even posted yet.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Don't think the situation is that dire. The deadline is still a week away, and I retracted my vote so that you have less of a chance of being lynched immediately.
I think we need to hear from more people, though. Even though I thought you were suspicious, I completely neglected the fact that there are people that haven't even posted yet.
A week? I must have misread the date, lol. I thought it was later tonight.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
J left me in the lurch, BibleThump

@ Zalak Zalak opinion on TSYK
I want to hear more original ideas from him. All I've seen him do is bandwagon. I can't form a solid opinion until I know more about him as a player, but if I had to say right now, I'd go scum lean.

Had she outright claimed to be a Werewolf, I'd say that's fine, I've been known to claim to be Serial Killer in a few rounds of Town of Salem for the lulz. However, the fact that this joke didn't explicitly state her guilt, but instead relies on it to make sense... I'm not so sure.
I believe she was trying to imply that GH is so suspicious, she'd be able to get him lynched at any time. That was just my interpretation though.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I want to hear more original ideas from him. All I've seen him do is bandwagon. I can't form a solid opinion until I know more about him as a player, but if I had to say right now, I'd go scum lean.

I believe she was trying to imply that GH is so suspicious, she'd be able to get him lynched at any time. That was just my interpretation though.
That was my interpretation as well, but then again, maybe you're covering for him...

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
If I do indeed die, since I can't say anything after:

Investigate/lynch Bowser. Investigate Radical Rat -- he could be innocent, or he could be employing a rather effective scum strategy.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, right? With that out of the way, here is my complete defense of myself! This is all being typed from mobile, so I won't be multiquoting.

Suspicion was first cast on me when I said 'Go townies!' because it sounds like something scum would say, apparently. However, this was during the RVS: the guy that voted for me (again, on mobile. Not checking, can't remember) saw my name, saw a mildly odd statement, and decided to vote for me. Perfectly reasonable, considering it would be random anyway. Unfortunately, this random vote sparked a bandwagon against me with little basis in reason, as we shall see shortly.

The second argument presented against me is that I decided to change from conserving my vote to 'violently attacking' Rosalina. The explaination is simple and has already been detailed in this thread: I was simply not used to RVS. Once two people voted, I realized this forum opporated off different rules. Thus, I decided to vote. With nothing to go off, I glanced at names, saw an annoying character, and voted. It would be illogical to go for a kill durring random voting if I were scum, simply due to the unfavorable risk/reward ratio. Further, once someone exhibited scummy behavior (Bowser) I changed my vote. I was obviously not committed to taking out Rosa, other wise I would not have changed my vote in light of Bowser's subtle but scummy inclinations.

Another attack raised against me is that my votes lined up with someone else... My votes were combined against someone that literally has not posted yet. If I were a scummie, why would I get my budies to target someone that is not a threat? Why not target an obviously intelligent and thus dangerous player like Radical? Further, and I cannot stress this enough, I am currently voting against the tide and without any allies. If the argument against me hinges on my vote being added to that of my peers, it is a week argument indeed.

An innocent townie is on the verge of lynching due to a combination of faulty logic and bandwagoning.

If there's anything I missed, please, remind me! I'd love to refute it as well.
Unvote

I'm satisfied by this defense for now. I maintain that you're suspicious, but your targetting argument is a very solid point.

I would point out, however, that your vote was made before ANYONE had appeared as dangerous.

I still find you suspicious, but you're okay enough after that for me to unvote you for now.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
That was my interpretation as well, but then again, maybe you're covering for him...
I personally don't think the difference in interpretation necessarily makes Kary seem any more innocent. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Mmmmm Alright. Still, if anything else crops up on her... keep this joke in mind.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I concur, Omar's inactivity IS suspicious...

ThatSmasher's bandwagoning might be. But I'm not getting bad vibes off it. I mean, this IS a noob game, and following the crowd seems reasonable for an inexperienced player... but I have no clue about his background.

@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow
Care to comment?
Yes, I am a noob.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am a noob.
YOU'VE JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! See, I intentionally set that up to make it SEEM like claiming to be a noob would be the right call there for your innocence... In reality, we have no way to determine what experience you may or may not have outside of the SmashBoards.

In addition, some people are just naturally able to use that sort of clever noob smokescreen with your bandwagoning.

That said, you are clearly new to the SmashBoards, if nothing else, and you've not offered many thoughts of your own, which would make sense if you're an uncertain noob, mildly confused by what's going on here. I feel like if he were a noob in a Scum team, his Scum Buddy/Buddies would be feeding him stuff to say in here.

All things considered, I'm going to CAUTIOUSLY lean Town.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
YOU'VE JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! See, I intentionally set that up to make it SEEM like claiming to be a noob would be the right call there for your innocence... In reality, we have no way to determine what experience you may or may not have outside of the SmashBoards.

In addition, some people are just naturally able to use that sort of clever noob smokescreen with your bandwagoning.

That said, you are clearly new to the SmashBoards, if nothing else, and you've not offered many thoughts of your own, which would make sense if you're an uncertain noob, mildly confused by what's going on here. I feel like if he were a noob in a Scum team, his Scum Buddy/Buddies would be feeding him stuff to say in here.

All things considered, I'm going to CAUTIOUSLY lean Town.
So sure about that?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
This post will regard my belief that @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas is some form of scum. However, I would like to preface this with an invitation: please, defend yourself! If there's something I'm missing, some alternative explaination, bring it to light for scruitiny so we don't lynch a townie.

My suspicion hangs on one, simple, premise: a townie should never have to resort to blatant deception to cast doubt. The non-town relies on clever deception and manipulation, often based around the twisting of words or misrepresentation of arguments. Bowser seems to be rather adept at this art:

Now: I have already detailed the first strike of scummienss below:

He wasn't trying to prevent an accidental lynching:

He was trying to prevent an easy scum hammer. You are twisting his words and casting suspicion on someone clearly acting in the interest of the town.
The second incident of scummy activity has already been pointed out:

That's not necessarily true.
While this could be written off as not reading things, and Bowser did apologize later, I would submit that this is attempted deception followed by back petaling. Why?
1. It does not exist in a vacuum. The first exhibit is a blatant attempt at deception, thus making it all the more likely that this is as well.
2. It was an excellent strategic move on the part of the mafia (wolves?) due to its risk vs reward ratio. Risk? Almost nothing. Everyone would accept his shame corner comment and move on, right? Reward: killing an enemy. We must assume the mafia is intelligent, and this was an intelligent play.
3. Lack of defense. I have accused Bowser of being scum multiple times, tagging him, and asking him to defend himself to his face. He has not. If any of this were to be easily explained away, he would have done it. It's not like he didn't post after my accusations.

What we have in Bowser is an individual that, through twisting of words, attacked someone acting in what is objectively the best interests of the town, someone who has regularly misrepresented, or straight-up ignored, vital aspects of the argument, and someone, who, in light of all this cannot produce even a sentence in their own defense.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
This post will regard my belief that @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas is some form of scum. However, I would like to preface this with an invitation: please, defend yourself! If there's something I'm missing, some alternative explaination, bring it to light for scruitiny so we don't lynch a townie.

My suspicion hangs on one, simple, premise: a townie should never have to resort to blatant deception to cast doubt. The non-town relies on clever deception and manipulation, often based around the twisting of words or misrepresentation of arguments. Bowser seems to be rather adept at this art:

Now: I have already detailed the first strike of scummienss below:

The second incident of scummy activity has already been pointed out:

While this could be written off as not reading things, and Bowser did apologize later, I would submit that this is attempted deception followed by back petaling. Why?
1. It does not exist in a vacuum. The first exhibit is a blatant attempt at deception, thus making it all the more likely that this is as well.
2. It was an excellent strategic move on the part of the mafia (wolves?) due to its risk vs reward ratio. Risk? Almost nothing. Everyone would accept his shame corner comment and move on, right? Reward: killing an enemy. We must assume the mafia is intelligent, and this was an intelligent play.
3. Lack of defense. I have accused Bowser of being scum multiple times, tagging him, and asking him to defend himself to his face. He has not. If any of this were to be easily explained away, he would have done it. It's not like he didn't post after my accusations.

What we have in Bowser is an individual that, through twisting of words, attacked someone acting in what is objectively the best interests of the town, someone who has regularly misrepresented, or straight-up ignored, vital aspects of the argument, and someone, who, in light of all this cannot produce even a sentence in their own defense.
I completely overlooked this due to my conviction that you were scum. Thank you for bringing it up.

With that in mind, @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas takes higher priority over ThatSmasher on the grounds that he's a better player, and therefore more dangerous. However I'd like to hear his defense before I revise my vote.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
NOTE: As I type this, a certain reptilian monarch is viewing the thread. There is no excuse for a lack of defense on his part should he fail to post one now.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
NOTE: As I type this, a certain reptilian monarch is viewing the thread. There is no excuse for a lack of defense on his part should he fail to post one now.
To be fair, I think if you just have the tab open it counts as viewing.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Writing it right now. I've been playing Apollo Justice while I was waiting for Generic and got carried away.

Top Bottom