• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I find it suspicious that instead of acknowledging defenses, Kary is mocking the fact that a defense was put forth at all.

Maybe that's just how she plays.

Maybe she has a reason to be attempting to negate defenses without any actual opposition.

Maybe it's Maybelline.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I don't think it paints you as scum, but I get Kary's point. I played a game where the mafia won because someone didn't vote, and they were really hoping (based on conversation after) that nobody would tag him. So if you mention a person and don't tag them, it could be viewed as using them for an excuse.
Alright, I'll try to change that in future.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Personally, I find it suspicious that instead of acknowledging defenses, Kary is mocking the fact that a defense was put forth at all.

Maybe that's just how she plays.

Maybe she has a reason to be attempting to negate defenses without any actual opposition.

Maybe it's Maybelline.
I noticed this as well. Kary doesn't actually refute things.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
finding any minute slip up, and focusing on it until either someone cracks, with me as a Townie, or I can convince people they did, with me as a Mafioso.
You've changed to three different "minute slip ups" within the past 2 pages. You're not being very consistent here.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't see how that couldn't give that impression. And I'm pretty sure I'm not misconstruing his post. He made some posts later backpedaling about it, but I didn't see anything assuring me that it was just a noob mistake.
Well it is reasonable for someone to find more than one player suspicious. I will admit you can read it as 'I am just changing my mind to follow everyone else' but... who actually says that?

anyways yes it does answer my question thanks

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Could you elaborate? I think RR's scumminess or lack thereof does warrent serious consideration.
He keeps talking about what his strategies for playing Mafia are, almost like showing off, and then doesn't follow them. He says he'll focus on one slip up until someone cracks if he's on either side, yet he's gone through so many different "slip ups." He was on my case about my noob slip ups, then he said that Green's RVS vote must mean something, then he notes how Kary mocks evidence instead of refuting it. I believe there's more, but his change in votes has become even more erratic when we call him out on things. While they are real possible scummy actions, it's like he's trying to create chaos to divert attention to himself.

Still keeping my vote on Smasher but this is still something.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
@ R RadicalRat you haven't answered either of things I asked you, #215 and #219
Pardon, I completely skipped over #215 while I was reading the thread, and I didn't notice #219 was meant as a question.

who's scum?
@ ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow

you're very eager to move your vote around, eh. kind of makes me doubt your sincerity a little.
My vote is being placed on whoever I want lynched at the moment. That changes during the course of a day, but I want my vote to be where it counts, in case the rest vote while I'm not around to join in. My vote could be the difference between getting the lynch, and not, as such I choose to place my votes earlier rather than later.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
He keeps talking about what his strategies for playing Mafia are, almost like showing off, and then doesn't follow them.
I brought it up once because I was directly asked what a good Mafioso would do by GenHand.
Afterwards, I have elaborated after pressure from Zalak.

I can see why you'd think this though, but I'm not just bringing it up to bring it up. It's always provoked.

He says he'll focus on one slip up until someone cracks if he's on either side, yet he's gone through so many different "slip ups." He was on my case about my noob slip ups, then he said that Green's RVS vote must mean something, then he notes how Kary mocks evidence instead of refuting it.
I will bring things up as I see them, and pressure as necessary. I got what I needed from GenericHandle, and moved onto ThatSmasher. I got what I needed from him, and moved on to you. I'm not done with you yet, but I do plan to bring up any lesser suspicions I have along the way. Notice how my language differs between them. With the passing comments it's "Keep this in mind moving on." With the accusations it's "You'd better have an explanation, punk." As it is right now, I'll probably focus more on Kary after I'm convinced one way or another about you.

Also, I did NOT say that Green's RVS MUST mean something. I simply pointed out that it should be kept in mind moving forward.

You did make two fatal errors in that post though...

I believe there's more, but his change in votes has become even more erratic when we call him out on things.
I have not once changed my vote after being called out. It's been on you ever since your defense failed to impress.

While they are real possible scummy actions, it's like he's trying to create chaos to divert attention to himself./quote]

That'd just be stupid if I were bad. Were I scum, I would want to keep the attention OFF of me.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I accidentally broke the quote feature in the above post. I can't edit, per the rules, but I think you can see where Koopa's post ends and mine begins.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I know I'm not being asked, but I'm 90% sure that ThatSmasher is scum, 70% Generic, 65% RadicalRat (I'm 100% sure at least ONE of them is scum) 50% KingOfKoopa, and less than 50% on everyone else so far.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Okay I screwed up a few times. this is what happens when you're trying to do write as fast as possible before someone else posts before you.
I have not once changed my vote after being called out. It's been on you ever since your defense failed to impress.
I didn't mean vote, I meant whenever you noted something. Zalak started noting things about you on page 5, and everything started happening around there.
That'd just be stupid if I were bad. Were I scum, I would want to keep the attention OFF of me.
I meant to say divert attention AWAY from you. My bad.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Spak Spak you feeling any better?
I'm not sick, J is.
What are your thoughts on RR and Kary?
Kary seems to be pushing everyone and is insisting on people answering questions, which could either be to generate "town" content or be a pro-town action to be legitimately scumhunting.

I did a double-take and was momentarily confused by RR because I was like "Red Ryu isn't in this game", but on the topic of RadR, I'm a bit wary. He seems to be trying to be SUPER friendly to you, agreeing with nearly every of your statements and steering you towards a Koops vote. You brought up your own mostly-valid points about Koops and when you wanted verification on why you think Koops is scummy, he came in at #172 and stated his reasoning, which amounted to nothing more than what he thinks a good scum would do (which from my experience, is wholly wrong) and then goes to state a theory which Kary already said was garbage (and I agree with Kary). At the moment, nobody is super suspicious other than TSYK.

My opinion on Koops, while we're on the topic, is the same as my opinion on Kary (although with slightly more of a scum lean). He could have easily misread my post and since it was still in RVS, tried to grasp at a straw to get us out of RVS and into the main phase, and since he misread my post, accidentally pulled the wrong straw so that the scarecrow fell on him. It might have been scummy behavior and I'll keep this in mind in case he becomes a stronger scum read later, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was trying to get conversation rolling so that scumhunting could commence.

Back to AP Comp Sci.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean vote, I meant whenever you noted something. Zalak started noting things about you on page 5, and everything started happening around there.
I'm gonna call that a coincidence. Things picked up in general around there. More people started posting more, giving me more to be suspicious of.

I meant to say divert attention AWAY from you. My bad.
You mean like you're doing now? Before you started pressuring me, you were the main target of interrogation.

Of course, I still need to give that a proper defense, otherwise I'm no better. I feel like no piece of evidence should be overlooked, so I point them out when I see them. If that's creating too much chaos, I can chill on that... but if I see anything actually major instead of the nitpicking I've been doing, I won't be holding my tongue.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I'm gonna call that a coincidence. Things picked up in general around there. More people started posting more, giving me more to be suspicious of.
That's understandable.

You mean like you're doing now? Before you started pressuring me, you were the main target of interrogation.
I thought you guys were done interrogating me, and it was up to other people whether I was suspicious or not.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I did a double-take and was momentarily confused by RR because I was like "Red Ryu isn't in this game", but on the topic of RadR, I'm a bit wary. He seems to be trying to be SUPER friendly to you, agreeing with nearly every of your statements and steering you towards a Koops vote. You brought up your own mostly-valid points about Koops and when you wanted verification on why you think Koops is scummy, he came in at #172 and stated his reasoning, which amounted to nothing more than what he thinks a good scum would do (which from my experience, is wholly wrong) and then goes to state a theory which Kary already said was garbage (and I agree with Kary). At the moment, nobody is super suspicious other than TSYK.
I agree. I HAVE been suspiciously agreeable with Generic. However, I legitimately agree with him, what am I supposed to do?
And hey, that theory was just an idea. An idea I came up with late at night, I should add.

As far as TSYK goes, you're right. He's the only super suspicious one right now. However, @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas is still mildly suspicious, and I'd really like to see him try to defend himself.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I thought you guys were done interrogating me, and it was up to other people whether I was suspicious or not.
I'm still waiting on some real answers. Nothing you've said is enough for me yet.

My pressure has relaxed a bit, due to my efforts being focused on my defense, as I am the Town's next main target of interrogation. And rightfully so.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I agree. I HAVE been suspiciously agreeable with Generic. However, I legitimately agree with him, what am I supposed to do?
And hey, that theory was just an idea. An idea I came up with late at night, I should add.

As far as TSYK goes, you're right. He's the only super suspicious one right now. However, @ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas is still mildly suspicious, and I'd really like to see him try to defend himself.
I think it's smarter to go after someone you're more sure of, then to vote for someone who's "more dangerous".

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I think it's smarter to go after someone you're more sure of, then to vote for someone who's "more dangerous".
Think about it. In the later game stages, would you rather have the good players to deal with, or the ones we've had almost confirmed since Day One? Plus, any mistakes he makes as we continue could expose his buddies.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I'm still waiting on some real answers. Nothing you've said is enough for me yet.
Well, they're the real answers. They are sketchy though, I'll give you that.
Can you specifically ask me the questions for the answers that you don't believe again, and I'll try to go into as much detail as possible?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Think about it. In the later game stages, would you rather have the good players to deal with, or the ones we've had almost confirmed since Day One? Plus, any mistakes he makes as we continue could expose his buddies.
A mafia lynch is still a mafia lynch, but like I said before, I'm not going to make any final votes until @Omar_25 and @#HBC | J have made some more posts.

FOS: ThatSmasherYouKnow

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Okay, let me just state something. All my posts before the 'You so sure about that?' were just me trying to figure out how the game works. As RadRat stated, he guessed I am Town. With my reply, all of you were super fast to think I was scum. RadRat isn't the only one who can lay traps you know? So, I'm guessing RadRat and KingofKoopas are both Mafia. Rad has been making a lot of accusations, which might be pulling the attention away from him and KingofKoopas was just as quick to change his opinion on me being town. They're both voting for me to get one more town out of the way.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I find it odd that TSYK is viewing the thread and isn't trying to defend himself in any way, shape or form. Or he's just forming a monster game-changing post.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I find it odd that TSYK is viewing the thread and isn't trying to defend himself in any way, shape or form. Or he's just forming a monster game-changing post.
I think you just got ninja'd, yo.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Okay, let me just state something. All my posts before the 'You so sure about that?' were just me trying to figure out how the game works. As RadRat stated, he guessed I am Town. With my reply, all of you were super fast to think I was scum. RadRat isn't the only one who can lay traps you know? So, I'm guessing RadRat and KingofKoopas are both Mafia. Rad has been making a lot of accusations, which might be pulling the attention away from him and KingofKoopas was just as quick to change his opinion on me being town. They're both voting for me to get one more town out of the way.
But we're literally bringing attention to ourselves and calling each other out on things.
Rad doesn't have a vote on you, he has a vote on me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
ThatSmasher, that is a MUCH better post defending your innocence. But I still find some of your early actions (especially page 2 and 3). Can you explain your behavior of changing votes so easily?

Keep in mind, I'm voting for you right now. But if you're town, I don't want to waste a vote. Please help me out, and convince me that you're town.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
ThatSmasher, that is a MUCH better post defending your innocence. But I still find some of your early actions (especially page 2 and 3). Can you explain your behavior of changing votes so easily?

Keep in mind, I'm voting for you right now. But if you're town, I don't want to waste a vote. Please help me out, and convince me that you're town.
Well, like I said, I was mostly analyzing, seeing how the whole game works, I tried to bandwagon a bit to see if it would arise any suspicion, which it did. So, I decided to lay my trap. I can't really convince you I'm town, but I hope this'll work. I am trying to stay alive, so hopefully that's good enough? Hopefully.

Top Bottom