• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I said, I was mostly analyzing, seeing how the whole game works, I tried to bandwagon a bit to see if it would arise any suspicion, which it did. So, I decided to lay my trap. I can't really convince you I'm town, but I hope this'll work. I am trying to stay alive, so hopefully that's good enough? Hopefully.
Now hold on just a moment. How is it a trap to blatantly make yourself look suspicious, and see who accuses you? Sure, the mafia would jump on that opportunity. But so would the Town.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well, like I said, I was mostly analyzing, seeing how the whole game works, I tried to bandwagon a bit to see if it would arise any suspicion, which it did. So, I decided to lay my trap. I can't really convince you I'm town, but I hope this'll work. I am trying to stay alive, so hopefully that's good enough? Hopefully.
I don't understand this "trap" that you layed down. You purposefully made yourself look suspicious to see who would call you out on it? How is that a trap?

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Now hold on just a moment. How is it a trap to blatantly make yourself look suspicious, and see who accuses you? Sure, the mafia would jump on that opportunity. But so would the Town.
But I'm guessing you know I'm town because you stated it in the previous post.

(Sorry if I take a while to respond, my internet sucks, so when I do respond, I'll try to make it count.)

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
But I'm guessing you know I'm town because you stated it in the previous post.
I stated no such thing. I stated that I was going to cautiously consider you Town, in light of a lot of suspicious behavior, but a stronger case of inexperience than of mafia. Once you started INTENTIONALLY MAKING YOURSELF SUSPICIOUS, that went away and I was pretty sure you were scum.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
But you're saying we're both Mafia. If that were true, we wouldn't be pointing against each other.
Not necessarily. Experienced mafia players will often battle against their team mates to prevent the town from realizing they're working together.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
All right, I might have overlooked some things. One of you is mafia/werewolf though. I'm leaning towards Rat. If I were scum, I would draw attention away from myself, oh, I don't know, to someone like Koopa.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Not necessarily. Experienced mafia players will often battle against their team mates to prevent the town from realizing they're working together.
Are you more sure of Koopa than ThatSmasher? I feel like he's digging his own grave with every post...

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
All right, I might have overlooked some things. One of you is mafia/werewolf though. I'm leaning towards Rat. If I were scum, I would draw attention away from myself, oh, I don't know, to someone like Koopa.
You're ignoring the fact that I put the attention on Koopa before anyone else dared to question me. If anyone's deflecting the attention here, it's you and Koopa.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I am doing it to prevent my death. You are doing it to avoid becoming suspicious. You even said it just now. You put the attention on Koopa before anyone even dared to question you.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I am doing it to prevent my death. You are doing it to avoid becoming suspicious. You even said it just now. You put the attention on Koopa before anyone even dared to question you.
He wouldn't have a reason to deflect attention if nobody was questioning him.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I know I'm not being asked, but I'm 90% sure that ThatSmasher is scum, 70% Generic, 65% RadicalRat (I'm 100% sure at least ONE of them is scum) 50% KingOfKoopa, and less than 50% on everyone else so far.
Why do you think I'm scum? I'm not, so I should be able to explain all my actions and motives, right? Lets hear some specifics, so I can get this sorted.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Well of course, but to this extent?

You're ignoring the fact that I put the attention on Koopa before anyone else dared to question me. If anyone's deflecting the attention here, it's you and Koopa.
I'm actually waiting for you.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
@ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas

Alright, so my BIGGEST concern about you right now... is that you're making a LOT of mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and that's fine. I've made my share too. But you seem to be making an awfully lot, and your defense is always "Whoops, my bad".

Now, I'd accept that... but it just seems like the mistakes you make could really screw up the Town if they were overlooked. I just don't know if I can believe you right now. It just seems too convenient.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well of course, but to this extent?
I've seen it happen to a much larger extent.
Are you more sure of Koopa than ThatSmasher? I feel like he's digging his own grave with every post...
I'm very uncertain about both of them. There's more scum evidence on Koopa, but I've also been liking his content for the most part, so I'm more concerned about Koopa ATM. I very much DISLIKE his uncertainty. He always says something like "i know that's not a good defense but" after his posts, and I don't like that. I don't think a defense can be bad if it's the truth. That being said, I've definitely met a few players who do that, so I'm not gonna write him off as scum because of that minor detail.

That being said, I'm confused as to why you mentioned ThatSmasher instead of RadicalRat. My vote is on Rat right now, and I'm clearly more concerned about him than either of those two.
:116:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I have. Your trap is nonsense, and the accusations against me by everyone else( Unless I'm missing one, in which case, let me know. ) has already been refuted properly, and I see no reason to repost.
AHEM have already been refuted properly.

This editing rule is there for good reason, I know, but DAMN these typos are embarassing.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
@ TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas

Alright, so my BIGGEST concern about you right now... is that you're making a LOT of mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and that's fine. I've made my share too. But you seem to be making an awfully lot, and your defense is always "Whoops, my bad".

Now, I'd accept that... but it just seems like the mistakes you make could really screw up the Town if they were overlooked. I just don't know if I can believe you right now. It just seems too convenient.
Alright, this is completely understandable. I've made so many small mistakes that I'm just as surprised at myself.
I've been rushing to get my posts out as fast as possible, especially the last two pages since everybody was posting around then. I didn't want the topic to change or sound redundant by the time I posted.
Also, whenever I did screw up, I would say something about it as soon as I or somebody else caught it. I didn't hang on it and then say "whoops" whenever it was looking bad.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I'm still kind of unsure about a few things, but I'll try to post them in a little bit.
And when I say "a little bit", I mean somewhere around half an hour. I'm really slow (and easily distracted) when it comes to these types of things.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Alright, this is completely understandable. I've made so many small mistakes that I'm just as surprised at myself.
I've been rushing to get my posts out as fast as possible, especially the last two pages since everybody was posting around then. I didn't want the topic to change or sound redundant by the time I posted.
Also, whenever I did screw up, I would say something about it as soon as I or somebody else caught it. I didn't hang on it and then say "whoops" whenever it was looking bad.
Well, yeah, I paraphrased. But I can't recall a single defense of yours that wasn't you just claiming to make a mistake. If there is one, quote it please. This thread's getting a bit long for me to search through for everything, forgive my laziness.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
TSYK is probably scum, but further observations are required to be sure.

RR is close, but townie lean because his specific observations have been sound/not openly deceptive.

Koopa is scum.

Kary is close, but scum lean.

Zalak is close, but scum lean.

Other thoughts?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
TSYK is probably scum, but further observations are required to be sure.

RR is close, but townie lean because his specific observations have been sound/not openly deceptive.

Koopa is scum.

Kary is close, but scum lean.

Zalak is close, but scum lean.

Other thoughts?
Could you explain the Zalak Scum lean? I've always thought that Zalak was a town member.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Why is Kary scum lean? Why am I scum lean?
Honestly just a gut feeling+general manerisms. If you were scum, you would be using a very good strategy. I made a point not to even FoS, and I donmt plan to make any accusations or attacks against either of you until there's solid evidence. Right now, it's just intuition.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Well, yeah, I paraphrased. But I can't recall a single defense of yours that wasn't you just claiming to make a mistake. If there is one, quote it please. This thread's getting a bit long for me to search through for everything, forgive my laziness.
For the "first act of scumminess" against Spak, I said it was just a possibility. When he misread the FoS's as Votes, I explained to him that FoS's aren't actually votes, thinking that maybe he got them confused. When he said "I know" in response, I thought he knew they weren't real votes and was actually getting worried about you being lynched at 2-3 votes. I thought he was nervous about you dying D-1, and that's when I came up with "maybe Spak is trying to defend his scummy partner." In the end, I even decided it would be better to vote for you as you were more suspicious and more likely at that moment.
That was when I said I wasn't twisting words around, but I was suggesting that it was a possiblity. One that I thought was unlikely anyway.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Don't have much time, but generic called me out and I think makes a good point. I remember seeing stuff in the first two pages that made me think you were scum, and so I think those feelings just never went away. I'm gonna read through it all again and see what I think.
Part of what makes me think both you and rat are scum is that you seem to not want to kill ThatSmasher. And because I feel positive about him, I'm frustrated that you two keep disagreeing with me.

Top Bottom