• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
^ Would that really count as an enemy from Samus' past though?

I'm rooting for Ridley to become a playable character, but I remain skeptical... and now this newest image we have with Viridi being a stage hazard: we know that we might end up getting surprises in the long run, even in stages and functions we think have been covered already.
Alright then we can leave that one alone then.

Well I'm glad you "already know", but this is the thread for the daily Smash 4 photos, and Palutena has not been shown nor mentioned in any of Sakurai's posts.
Fair enough. :)

No.

No it doesn't.

Regardless, Viridi was shown late, yes, but this is like, what, our 4th pic of Reset Bomb Forest?
How does it not? Not trying to fight or argue, I just wanna know why.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, at least we finally get something Kid Icarus related confirmed for once. When looking back at Chapter 11 of Uprising, Viridi appears after the Reset Bomb does its thing. So if the whole thing was put together, the order is:

1: Standard background with humans fighting each other
2: Reset Bomb explosion
3: Viridi appears in background
4: Get closer to Reset Bomb Forest (likely attacked by Nature enemies along the way)
5: Finally fighting inside Reset Bomb Forest

It's possible.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How does it not? Not trying to fight or argue, I just wanna know why.
1. How could Vorash even get there? He's a fish!
2. The quote is definitely talking about Ridley as Samus's trauma (something only Ridley has given Samus) is mentioned in the Japanese quote.
3. Why? I mean Vorash is incredibly obscure.

Regardless, I think Ridley still has a good chance to be playable.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In other news, we got this stage in July, and we only just learnt that Virdiri makes an appearance. Not trying to start an argument or be a troll, but Sakurai can clearly keep information from us, i.e the hotly debated Pyrosphere 'we haven't seen Ridley yet' argument.

EDIT: Whoa, I really need to read before I post... been a loooong day.

EDIT 2: FYI, I'm an assist trophy.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
1. How could Vorash even get there? He's a fish!
2. The quote is definitely talking about Ridley as Samus's trauma (something only Ridley has given Samus) is mentioned in the Japanese quote.
3. Why? I mean Vorash is incredibly obscure.

Regardless, I think Ridley still has a good chance to be playable.
I feel like you didn't even read my post...

They're not fighting in the area Ridley made the hole at, they're fighting in another area of that stage, where Vorash would be, under it and popping up from below it.

All it says is an enemy from Samus's past... it doesn't go into detail about a specific enemy or rival or anything.

This is Smash, of course things are obscure LOL

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ah. So our pic of the day is a kid icarus related one.....good.....good. so what's everyone's opinion of Viridi? I liked her in uprising.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Ah. So our pic of the day is a kid icarus related one.....good.....good. so what's everyone's opinion of Viridi? I liked her in uprising.
I liked her. Almost as much as that other Goddess in Uprising... Say, what was her name again? I think it started with a 'P', maybe? Oh, of course!
Pandora.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like you didn't even read my post...
You completely ignored point 2.

They're not fighting in the area Ridley made the hole at, they're fighting in another area of that stage, where Vorash would be, under it and popping up from below it.
No.

But they're fighting where you fought Ridley.

That's the same dang room. Also the room Ridley made that hole in.

Vorash is fought in a cave.

Big difference.

All it says is an enemy from Samus's past... it doesn't go into detail about a specific enemy or rival or anything.
I said, "Japanese quote."

Do you read that or were you so eager to prove me wrong that you skipped over it?

This is Smash, of course things are obscure LOL
Not THAT obscure.

Deku Toad is obscure. He is NEVER getting mentioned in smash.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

No.

That's the same dang room.

Big difference.

Do you read that or were you so eager to prove me wrong that you skipped over it?

Not. THAT obscure.

You just like...burned him 4 times. I have never done that in these 17 years....

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero

No.

That's the same dang room. Also the room Ridley made that hole in.

Big difference.

Not THAT obscure.

Vorash was still in the area, but you didn't fight him there.

You didn't read what I typed either.

It IS that obscure. lol

You just like...burned him 4 times. I have never done that in these 17 years....
Um no? Can you get off the hate train? Should I just report you?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I definitely remember the area where you fought Ridley having platforms in it.

It's not exactly the same.

If only there was some narrow hole in the wall that a snake-like creature would be able to slither into that room with...At least we can see what's going on back there so we would know if something ever came from there...oh wait, Sakurai said himself that it's an area out of view. Man, how unfortunate.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Vorash was still in the area, but you didn't fight him there.
Exactly. Vorash wasn't fought there.

SO WHY WOULD SAKURAI REFERENCE HIM?

That the equivalent of saying he was referencing zoomers or those strange lava people things because they are found in Pyrosphere!

He's referencing the iconic battle that was held in that room. The one with Ridley.

You didn't read what I typed either.
I did actually. I responded to every one of your points. I had to have read them.

Now I may have misinterpreted them, but I certainly read them.

Regardless, you're ignoring the point I made about the Japanese quote referencing Samus's trauma. Something only Ridley has given her.

Ridley is the one being talked about in both quotes.

Now whether that means he's a stage hazard (please no) or if Sakurai is just referencing Other M (entirely possible and the outcome I think is most likely) remains to be seen.

It IS that obscure. lol

Uh...

Did you just agree with my point?

I can't tell.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Exactly. Vorash wasn't fought there.

SO WHY WOULD SAKURAI REFERENCE HIM?

That the equivalent of saying he was referencing zoomers or those strange lava people things because they are found in Pyrosphere!

He's referencing the iconic battle that was held in that room. The one with Ridley.
Why would he say it as if he's talking about a monster that appears any second like Vorash did in other M?

Why is there a circular hole that is off screen on the map for him to appear from?

Why are they not fighting where Ridley made the hole for him to be the stage hazard?

I did actually. I responded to every one of your points. I had to have read them.

Now I may have misinterpreted them, but I certainly read them.

Regardless, you're ignoring the point I made about the Japanese quote referencing Samus's trauma. Something only Ridley has given her.

Ridley is the one being talked about in both quotes.

Now whether that means he's a stage hazard (please no) or if Sakurai is just referencing Other M (entirely possible and the outcome I think is most likely) remains to be seen.
There was one time you didn't read it but I really don't care. I'm not here to fight.

I'm actually what exactly the Japanese post said, could you show me?

Uh...

Did you just agree with my point?

I can't tell.
No I didn't.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I believe I am witnessing what is know as an internet fight.

In relevant news, is Viridi just in the back ground or is she wrecking the human's **** up?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Too bad "trauma" in Japanese roughly translates to external injury, not the trauma associated with what you know from the English language. They don't see the word the same way we do. Trauma just means physical pain, which qualifies any of the enemies Samus has ever fought.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
You guys couldn't possibly have been expecting Palutena to be announced tonight because of the leak, right? I mean come on, every newcomer reveal has had their own animated video introduction, I doubt he had time to prepare one already so he obviously wasn't going to officially reveal her tonight, maybe in the next Direct or something.
I think you guys don't also accept the possibility that:

A) The screen still has a chance to be fake

B) Even if the screen is real Palutena could still be a assist trophy, some weird new stage hazard or etc

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think you guys don't also accept the possibility that:

A) The screen still has a chance to be fake

B) Even if the screen is real Palutena could still be a assist trophy, some weird new stage hazard or etc
That model doesn't look like an AT in the slightest. The way these pictures are presented, she's supposed to be a playable character. If this is real, then yes, she is playable.

Also, she can't be a stage hazard on the account it's on Battlefield.

Last edited:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
That model doesn't not look like an AT in the slightest. The way these pictures are presented, she's supposed to be a playable character. If this is real, then yes, she is playable.

Also, she can't be a stage hazard on the account it's on Battlefield.
Well I can understand your argument about the stage hazard (even though Sakurai can also change and update the game). But your statement "That model does not look like an At in the slightest", what does that mean? What does a AT have to look like to be a AT? You shouldn't rule out the possibility of her being a AT yet, and I think you guys are setting yourself's up for a bit of disappointment if you all keep thinking this way. But if the leak is real and she winds up being playable I personally have no problem with it and welcome her with open arms.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Dudes...I must be one of the weirdest guys on SmashBoards. Not as much as that WhiteBowser dude...though...

Well I can understand your argument about the stage hazard (even though Sakurai can also change and update the game). But your statement "That model does not look like an At in the slightest", what does that mean? What does a AT have to look like to be a AT? You shouldn't rule out the possibility of her being a AT yet, and I think you guys are setting yourself's up for a bit of disappointment if you all keep thinking this way. But if the leak is real and she winds up being playable I personally have no problem with it and welcome her with open arms.
As if spoken from my mouth.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
MSmariosonic, stop trolling Xaltis. Also, you can edit your posts instead of double posting.

Xaltis, stop responding to said trolling. You can simply put him on ignore.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
MSmariosonic, stop trolling Xaltis. Also, you can edit your posts instead of double posting.

Xaltis, stop responding to said trolling. You can simply put him on ignore.
We stopped a long time ago. And..trolling? I'm stating my point...so the dude..won't be in for a dissapointment...and this is one of those reasons why I became a ******* atheist.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We stopped a long time ago. And..trolling? I'm stating my point...so the dude..won't be in for a dissapointment...and this is one of those reasons why I became a ******* atheist.
You can state your point without trolling a member. What I saw was trolling and flaming. Consider this a formal warning. You will be warned/infracted if you continue.

@ Xaltis Xaltis : I don't have the exact image but I translated the quote that Sakurai wrote but Japanese to English. It specifically said "Samus' trauma." I know Swamp has it.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You can state your point without trolling a member. What I saw was trolling and flaming. Consider this a formal warning. You will be warned/infracted if you continue.

@ Xaltis Xaltis : I don't have the exact image but I translated the quote that Sakurai wrote but Japanese to English. It specifically said "Samus' trauma." I know Swamp has it.
Note that I have anger and social problems. Nice profile pic by the way.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
lol yea the "LEAK" all the evidence points to her being a playable character.

We just got a new thing in this pic and you say it's boring? Talk about ungrateful.
It's called having an opinion you judgmental jackoff. - -

I'm sure he was taling about the miiverse post. Note that it had 2 new things confirmed. Both being about edges. And why is this pic boring? It's Viridi...be glad she isn't boobless.
It's still only one thing.

And like I said, I don't care much for Viridi, so I'm not as excited as some of you. Actually, I downright hate her. Worst character in Uprising, in my honest opinion. That's not why I think it's boring though.

Nothing interesting is actually happening in the picture. She's just...THERE. So are Zelda and Rosalina. They're all just standing around and staring.

It's not a bad picture at all, just not a very interesting one. Just because something is new doesn't automatically make it interesting.

God, Sakurai is a genius.
...Debatable. HIGHLY debatable.

I don't even see why you're saying this so randomly right now. Is it just because Viridi is in the background? -.o'

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Seeing today's pic made me wonder what we would get for a Wii U kid icarus stage. My guess is probably one from the first game, but if they decide to make a retro stage out of it I'll be miffed. The retro stages in Brawl were unplayable.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
This stage looks like it could be interesting. I'd like to see it in motion.

As for how this effects a certain purple space dragon... It really doesn't. Viridi was mentioned by name in the first update:

"Pic of the day.
Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed."

This is quite different to the deliberately vague Ridley quote. Don't rule him out yet...

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
This stage looks like it could be interesting. I'd like to see it in motion.

As for how this effects a certain purple space dragon... It really doesn't. Viridi was mentioned by name in the first update:

"Pic of the day.
Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed."

This is quite different to the deliberately vague Ridley quote. Don't rule him out yet...
To be fair, it's hard to be vague about someone who's actually in the picture.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Today is the anniversary of Kid icarus coming out for the Virtual console, so i guess this could just be a coincidence.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why in the hell does everyone think every disconfirmation or confirmation of another completely unrelated character means something for Ridley? I swear I've seen all of the below now:

Toad and Starfy disconfirmation: Sakurai's keeping NPC characters in the same roles as in Brawl! Ridley a boss?

Skull Kid disconfirmation: Popular villain character made into AT. Ridley is a popular villain character! Is he going to be an AT/Stage Hazard/Boss?

Viridi disconfirmation: Was hinted as being a stage hazard. Ridley was possibly hinted as a stage hazard. Maybe he's a stage hazard?!?

Rosalina confirmation: Rosalina is chosen over the other Mario potentials due to her uniqueness. Ridley could have a unique air game unlike any other potential character! Ridley confirmed?!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why in the hell does everyone think every disconfirmation or confirmation of another completely unrelated character means something for Ridley? I swear I've seen all of the below now:

Toad and Starfy disconfirmation: Sakurai's keeping NPC characters in the same roles as in Brawl! Ridley a boss?

Skull Kid disconfirmation: Popular villain character made into AT. Ridley is a popular villain character! Is he going to be an AT/Stage Hazard/Boss?

Viridi disconfirmation: Was hinted as being a stage hazard. Ridley was possibly hinted as a stage hazard. Maybe he's a stage hazard?!?

Rosalina confirmation: Rosalina is chosen over the other Mario potentials due to her uniqueness. Ridley could have a unique air game unlike any other potential character! Ridley confirmed?!
Because logic in their mind. People thought Spirit Tracks Link killed Toon Links chances, even though they're technically two different Links (for those unaware, there are multiple incarnations of Link, there isn't just one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom