• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Gotta admit, this one surprised me, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Marth looks utterly fantastic--the redesign is much better than the old costume, IMO.

I'm also really digging these new effects. The red lightening on his sword dance and the shockwave and...pulse? on his counter in particular.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
People associate character with colors differently to. For example with Fox I think of gray or orange. DK brown or red. Olimar RAINBOW!!!! Ganondorf black.

That depends on if stale moves will be as abundant as it was in Brawl. That was the main source of his nerfing. The other glaring factor was hitstun cancel because Falcon has always been a comboer.
Pretty much. And don't forget his knee. It's a joke in Brawl compared to Melee's.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Pretty much. And don't forget his knee. It's a joke in Brawl compared to Melee's.

Actually I would say the Knee of Justice was a necessary change, that move was very powerful in Melee and was easy to land, in Brawl it has to be sweet spotted correctly to be at it's true power.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
Gotta admit, this one surprised me, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Marth looks utterly fantastic--the redesign is much better than the old costume, IMO.

I'm also really digging these new effects. The red lightening on his sword dance and the shockwave and...pulse? on his counter in particular.
Remember what Sakurai said on Pit's picture the other day. "Do note that all images are still in development. This and past pics may be different from the finished product." We may see something more spectacular than this.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
If we go by character background colors on the site:

7 Green
6 Blue
2 Yellow
2 Pink
1 Red

So we can expect Yoshi to bump Green up to 8, and possibly K. Rool and/or Palutena to bump it up to 9/10.

With Blue we're still missing Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Falco and Lucario, which would bump it up to 10. Maybe Ice Climbers, Ike and Chrom will have blue too.

****ing Blue and Green, I reckon we need some Purple.
If we add Roy there will be one more red spot. :awesome:

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
If we add Roy there will be one more red spot. :awesome:
Aw, man, Roy. I can't wait for him in Project: M. If only he could be in SSB4 with Marth once again. He could be like Falco and Ganondorf and be a semi-clone of Marth or something.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Mah main man is finally confirmed and he's looks gorgeous.

Capture16.PNG

But god damn if those effects are a part of Dancing Blade, then that just makes it more awesome than it already is.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I read a thread somewhere that people wanted Marth's Awakening look rather than his Shadow Dragon look. I'm glad they went with the SD one. He looks a bit more masculine. His Awakening look looks like a masculine Lucina. XD
Ha ha, yeah, that was me. I'd never seen the SD look.. and I'm glad they went with it. :)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
When Zelda is revealed.... I wonder how many pictures Sakurai is gonna put her in that make you do a doubletake.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I love how realistic the characters are all looking, so when Zelda comes out I'm sure she's gonna be GOREGOUS. We can already tell she's gonna be more TP based and if not, she's not gonna look anything like Skyward Sword Zelda, because it just won't match with Link at all. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for them to change Zelda BACK to a blonde after they changed her to a brunette again (brawl-wise). I mean, look at Peach. Pretty much identical.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I actually think Zelda will be tp Zelda in ss zeldas cloths, with some details from oot Zelda,
Basically, best of all worlds.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
who else got hype when they saw ssbb ganon with the sword then got let down when he was a cf clone again

I'm just going to say that I (and my circle of friends, really) actually love SSBB Ganondorf despite his tier placement. More so than Captain Falcon. I definitely see the argument that Ganondorf shouldn't be even a semi-clone of someone from a different series and agree that he is a pretty bad character (gameplay wise), but one thing you can't tell me is that his moveset isn't fun.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i hope he gets his mask from awakening as an alternate costume.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Two major concerns:

1) Marth is back! That makes me happy! Also, his design looks cool. I was originally worried that I wouldn't like a re-design for Marth, but it looks pretty great.

2) Hey-hey-woah-woah-hey. Jigglypuff isn't some pile of garbage among the Smash pantheon. Granted, she is an often overlooked choice, but she's still a popular Pokemon. Along with Alakazam, Mewtwo, and Snorlax, Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon. I'd be pretty sad, if, for some reason, she was taken out of Smash.
NO! SNORLAX RULES ALL! NO ONE ELSE COMPETES! SNORLAX IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS! SNORLAX IS THE BEST POKEMON EVER AND SHOULD BE THE ONLY CHARACTER ON THE ROSTER!!!

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
I'd be super sad if Jiggs was removed. Even in Brawl, I had fun with Jigglypuff. Mainly when playing with a group of friends, but still! I feel that if Ganondorf were to change a lot, I'd be both happy and sad. I love Ganondorf in Melee but in Brawl I felt a whole lot less powerful with him. Especially with his dash..

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
For anyone who is interested here's a side by side comparison of Marth with his New Mystery of the Emblem design and his Smash 4 design. It makes me wonder now how Ike and Roy will look now that Marth isn't using his Awakening as many of us thought he would.

Capture17.PNG

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Yay for Marth reveal. I look forward to playing him when the game comes out. I will probably never play Fire Emblem (I have a hard time getting myself into turn-based games now), but Marth was always a fun character to use in melee because of his floatiness, speed, range, and having a sword. I'll probably always view Marth as a Smash bros character (same with Captain Falcon).

Marth's new outfit is pretty cool
Also, must Marth have his mouth open for every attack he does?

midna.

Smash Cadet
marth is back in? i nearly cried in happiness, if there was one thing i was waiting on it was marth coming back in ssb4, and he looks so much hotter :love: marth is my favorite character and will always be my favorite character

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Two things.

1. Marth is gorgeous.
2. Going homo for Marth.
No need to be redundant here. The 2nd statement is implied by the first. Heck, the first is implied by Marth's existence. Why did you make a post again? Oh right, Marth's beauty momentarily made me forget how to count. Thanks for helping a bro out.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Damnit Sakaurai, I hope you plan on giving us straight guys something to look forward too. I feel left out not having someone too drool over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom