• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Wasn't it the case only for Mega Man, though (at least as far as I remember)?
Watching the developer direct video it's also clearly the case for Mario and Bowser(in the Wii U version, Bowser still turns around in the 3DS version, I think Mario does too) as well, whereas it clearly isn't the case for Pit. A more observant person could probably figure out what's up with the other characters via gameplay sniplets but I'm dyslexic so I'm having a hell of a time with it. Anyways it seems like they're going halfsies with the cast depending on how symmetric they are and such.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wasn't it the case only for Mega Man, though (at least as far as I remember)?
Makes sense for Mega Man since he is supposed to be like his NES sprite in the games, and a sprite from the NES days rarely had a unique sprite depending on which way you faced. Samus has such sprites in the data of Metroid, but it didn't make it in for whatever reason.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
In this case, I would like to see Falco in his Assault form and Captain Falcon in his original Bounty Hunter outfit.

As well as Ganon in OoT form and Mewtwo Awakened form.
Last one isn't possible, just to let you know, unless you want some really weird looking attacks. It's either Mewtwo or Mewtwo Y, but one can't be an alt of the other because of different bone structures (Mewtwo uses his tail a lot). Mewtwo X may be possible doe.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day. We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games.-Sakurai

Damn right, you did, and he looks like a Majestic badger.
So sexy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't wait to see Mr. Game & Watch's new design!
Marth is the characater that prooved that all characters even the ones unlockable will be revealed. And kept a secret of which ones you have to unlock. My guess is so theres no spoilers on which characters are on the game but kept a secret of who and how to get.

Anyway yea game and watch could get revealed i would love to see him in hd

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, Marth is a mixture of his SD and Awakening forms? I see a lot of SD... but no Awakening. Can someone fill me in?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, Marth is a mixture of his SD and Awakening forms? I see a lot of SD... but no Awakening. Can someone fill me in?
It's based on his design from New Mystery of the Emblem or FE12, which was never released outside of Japan.

D

Deleted member

18 characters.
1 villain.

Dedede, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Wolf, Mewtwo, Waluigi, Wario, or Fawful, next please Nintendo?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Pic of the day. We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games.-Sakurai

Damn right, you did, and he looks like a Majestic badger.
So sexy.
And I'm a homophobe (No offense to anyone)
That comment was definitely not needed.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I remember, back when people were analyzing the E3 footage, people found through Mega Man that characters' stances were mirrored when they faced left or right, rather than simply turned around. Based on this screenshot, it would appear this has changed.
Well, since they're keeping Mega Man like his NES days, I'm sure that's why he mirrors himself. The concept of "turned around" moves was practically impossible in those days, so I'm guessing they're trying to keep it as like NES Mega Man as possible. He was pretty adamant about not letting just any version of Mega Man in the game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't really think GodOfSocks really understands what he said, probably he's not American or English and wanted to say that he isn't attracted to males at all in a fancy way? Still it's a pretty bad statement, I like to believe he just misspoke.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The mirroring vs. turning around thing isn't really an issue. They're 3-D models. It doesn't require extra work to have them turn around.

It only matters if which foot/hand is forward affects their attacks. Like with Link and Marth, they wield the sword with a particular hand, so having them face forward both ways would mean they'd be attacking with their front hand sometimes and their back hand sometimes.

If a character is symmetrical, they can do the mirroring thing no problem. If they're not, but they're ambidextrous, they can simply mirror the animations rather than the model. But they can always just turn the model around. I guess it's up to whether Sakurai wants consistency (Link has to turn around, so Mario will too) or if he prefers to show the characters' fronts as much as possible.
And I'm a homophobe (No offense to anyone)
I hate homophobes. No offense.

Gotta love the honesty. Homophobes aren't that uncommon though.
Aren't that uncommon compared to racists, you mean?

I dunno about that...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't really think GodOfSocks really understands what he said, probably he's not American or English and wanted to say that he isn't attracted to males at all in a fancy way? Still it's a pretty bad statement, I like to believe he just misspoke.
Looking at his other post I think he is fluent in English (or at least is fluent enough to know what he said, why else would he tag on 'no offense?') This has been the 3rd or 4rth time I've seen someone openly Homophobic on these boards. Marth does look great, nothing wrong with being gay, and back on topic. Hasn't it seemed like the daily pictures and quotes are getting more detailed as time goes on?

RODO

Smash Ace
The mirroring vs. turning around thing isn't really an issue. They're 3-D models. It doesn't require extra work to have them turn around.

It only matters if which foot/hand is forward affects their attacks. Like with Link and Marth, they wield the sword with a particular hand, so having them face forward both ways would mean they'd be attacking with their front hand sometimes and their back hand sometimes.

If a character is symmetrical, they can do the mirroring thing no problem. If they're not, but they're ambidextrous, they can simply mirror the animations rather than the model. But they can always just turn the model around. I guess it's up to whether Sakurai wants consistency (Link has to turn around, so Mario will too) or if he prefers to show the characters' fronts as much as possible.
I hate homophobes. No offense.

Aren't that uncommon compared to racists, you mean?

I dunno about that...
At least where I'm from.

majora_787

Smash Hero
They might be. With each month the game's release does get closer, and the game is more finalized.

majora_787

Smash Hero
We... were trying to? Until you brought it back up?

I'm interested though in the rest of the month. Getting more relevant reveals on the game, these picture strips, more mechanics elaborated on...

Or maybe it's an elaborate ruse to build hype for a boring December. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I wouldn't think December would be boring.

I think Sakurai is coming to term with stuff people want. Like new mechanics, gameplay changes, new moves and designs, etc.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
All this intolerance and hating against 'homophobes', double standard much? At least GoS's comment was considerate in that way if I'm any accurate judge of intent.
Either way, that word is often a misnomer, people may call me a homophobe, but I guarantee you that I do not have an irrational fear, or even fear at all, of homosexuals.

GoS's post is no different than someone saying "I'd go gay for Marth" because of his hotness, he merely has a different standard of how far he would go for his attraction to Marth to be extreme due to his aforementioned cultural label.
I say the same thing, Marth looks extremely aesthetically pleasing, but not in a sexual way mind you, and I approve. I AM gushing about Marth, and this is what GoS was doing. Do I not have the right?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Dedede in December because he resembles Santa :awesome:, and toad in November please!
Eww.. Toad?

What would his special be, giving characters athletes foot?

A lot of ppl think he won't make the cut bcuz of his whole deal with him being a part of Peach. Idk rly.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Eww.. Toad?

What would his special be, giving characters athletes foot?

A lot of ppl think he won't make the cut bcuz of his whole deal with him being a part of Peach. Idk rly.
There's a lot of stuff going for him. I'm just not the kind of guy who will make a list or 5 paragraph long post to explain.:yoshimelee:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
There's a lot of stuff going for him. I'm just not the kind of guy who will make a list or 5 paragraph long post to explain.:yoshimelee:
Not disagreeing. I have seen the Mario 3D world trailer. Im sure he has good enough reason.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bout the comment
Deleted now :/

Nah, I am American, Just stupid.
But this guy is pretty much right.
I did not mean that, So can we forget this?

majora_787

Smash Hero
So hey how about that collectively talking about things important to the thread.

Dedede in December is kind of too good of an opportunity to pass up. He is so festive and he's a penguin and everything. It's basically the ideal veteran reveal for the Christmas season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom