• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I remember, back when people were analyzing the E3 footage, people found through Mega Man that characters' stances were mirrored when they faced left or right, rather than simply turned around. Based on this screenshot, it would appear this has changed.
I hated that SO much in UMvC3, it's annoying when asymmetrical characters become ****ing shape-shifters because the game devs are lazy.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Kampfer was the last thing I expected to be brought up on Smashboards. XD

But since it was, let me just say that I've always loved it's catchy as hell ending song. ¦D

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Kampfer was the last thing I expected to be brought up on Smashboards. XD

But since it was, let me just say that I've always loved it's catchy as hell ending song. ¦D
The visuals of the ending are even more catchy :awesome:

What do YOU know about my average bust size transgender neon hair?
Not enough *WIIIIIINK WIIIIIINK*

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
So wiith Marth's reveal, we've gotten four characters that were previously unlockable... And I actually hope to see this trend continue. One thing that made Brawl a bit of a letdown for me is that we had so many awesome newcomers announced before the game release (with the great majority of them being starters) and then the game was released and there was just a handful of surprises left to be discovered. I like the Miiverse updates very much.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So wiith Marth's reveal, we've gotten four characters that were previously unlockable... And I actually hope to see this trend continue. One thing that made Brawl a bit of a letdown for me is that we had so many awesome newcomers announced before the game release (with the great majority of them being starters) and then the game was released and there was just a handful of surprises left to be discovered. I like the Miiverse updates very much.
Expect every newcomer except a historical character or something to be revealed before release. I doubt that there are going to be many secret characters since most of them are needed for hype purposes.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

Hmm, maybe, but honestly how many newcomers could actually create much hype around SSB4? Among fans like us, sure. I'd love to see K. Rool, but would people actually buy the game because they know the identity of every newcomer in it? It worked in Brawl, but by now you'd think that most hypeable characters/franchises have already been represented in Smash or were revealed at E3. At this point, I'm sure that they can get more hype with the casual audience by showcasing popular veterans like Mario, Link, Sonic and Yoshi over say, Little Mac, Ridley or any newcomer in demand. But that's arguable, of course.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thanks!

Hmm, maybe, but honestly how many newcomers could actually create much hype around SSB4? Among fans like us, sure. I'd love to see K. Rool, but would people actually buy the game because they know the identity of every newcomer in it? It worked in Brawl, but by now you'd think that most hypeable characters/franchises have already been represented in Smash or were revealed at E3. At this point, I'm sure that they can get more hype with the casual audience by showcasing popular veterans like Mario, Link, Sonic and Yoshi over say, Little Mac, Ridley or any newcomer in demand. But that's arguable, of course.
I think it's essential to show what they have, personally. Even if the hype won't be Brawl-level, it'll still be pretty good.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
HERESY!!!

Anywho, on-topic, I really doubt anyone else could possibly top Megaman and Sonic. Youd have to bring in someone the likes of MAYBE Banjo & Kazooie, which is literally impossible.
Ridley, mewtwo, king k. rool would be pretty hype worthy in fact they'd crash the site. maybe even little mac (ok maybe not little mac) this is the comment that started it all.....

majora_787

Smash Hero
I doubt we'd get site-breaking hype ever again, especially not from Banjo & Kazooie. But stuff like Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo striking back, Little Mac, they'd probably get some good hype. So would Snake's return really, the way people are doubting him now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Question for the weekend:

Will Marth retain his Japanese Voice, or will he (hopefully) get an English Voice?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I doubt we'd get site-breaking hype ever again, especially not from Banjo & Kazooie.
Well I just mean that as an example of a 3rd party character we wouldnt expect that people have clamored for for years.
Question for the weekend:Will Marth retain his Japanese Voice, or will he (hopefully) get an English Voice?
For the sake of tradition, Im almost 100% sure it will still be Japanese.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
No, they really wouldnt. Yes fans would explode but they wouldnt cause nuclear fusion. As popular as those characters are, they arent as widely recognized or popular as Sonic or Megaman, whom are classic gaming icons.
HEATHEN YOU DARE QUESTION THE POWER OF RIDLEY?! We'll just see if ridley is revealed. imo he does have alot of supporters around here, i'd bet the hype would be too much, but we'll see.

As for the marth question, he'll retain his Japanese voice, since he never said anything in awakening and was never in a eng FE game.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
HEATHEN YOU DARE QUESTION THE POWER OF RIDLEY?! We'll just see if ridley is revealed. imo he does have alot of supporters around here, i'd bet the hype would be too much, but we'll see.

As for the marth question, he'll retain his Japanese voice, since he never said anything in awakening and was never in a eng FE game.
False.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
To answer the question, I think they might translate it? Maybe not if Sakurai specifically asks the translation teams to leave it be for tradition... but if he doesn't, I guess Smash Marth may learn a new language.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

You obviously do not understand the amount of hype that there was over Sonic. Honestly. Not even Ridley's THAT big.
:troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
YOU DARE QUESTION ME!? WHAT IS A KIRBY? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SQUISH!!
A kirby is something that will eat you if **** with it, that's right beware.....

Xeno... are people really gonna go yay its ridley.... naw man the site will be hyped. it won't surpass sonic (that wasn't what i was saying btw) i said it would be enough for the site to explode, i'm not gonna say anything more lest i provoke the wrath of one the biggest sonic fans on here.

Rouge: if you said false to the marth thing, its not false. marth is a lord from jpn exclusive games, they could translate it but would they really? I find his voice to be just fine thank you very much, eng would be awkward for me.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
A kirby is something that will eat you if **** with it, that's right beware.....

Xeno... are people really gonna go yay its ridley.... naw man the site will be hyped. it won't surpass sonic (that wasn't what i was saying btw) i said it would be enough for the site to explode, i'm not gonna say anything more lest i provoke the wrath of one the biggest sonic fans on here.

Rouge: if you said false to the marth thing, its not false. marth is a lord from jpn exclusive games, they could translate it but would they really? I find his voice to be just fine thank you very much, eng would be awkward for me.
No, people will lose their minds, but it still won't make the site crash. It'll be crazy busy, but Ridley's not that popular. Keep in mind, Ridley is one of the few characters I truly support for Smash 4.

Also, he was in Awakening, as DLC I believe. Besides, weren't remakes of some of his games released here?

EDIT: Shadow Dragon. Thanks Rouge.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't even here around the time brawl was coming out..
What was I, eight?
But I can imagine how huge it would have been when Sonic was confirmed.
I mean, I can't even imagine how surprising that would be.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
What was I, eight?
Gosh youre a baby. Now I feel old. F#ck. Yeah it kindof made the internet flip its **** and then some, considering Sonics history with Nintendo.

edit: now I kinda feel bad for calling you out on the whole homophobe thingy lol my bad

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What was I, eight?
Damn you're young lol

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
The thing with Sonic and Megaman being included in Smash is that, yes they are cool characters, but with them comes two of the most important video game franchises of all time. Any other video game universe of such magnitude present in Smash has been around since the original.

I agree that Ridley is probably the biggest newcomer hype bomb that is owned by Nintendo, but it won't have the same effect. Metroid's a pretty awesome game series, but we already have Samus. He'd at best enhance a very popular series, it's not quite on the same level.

alol, not THAT young. GOS, wouldn't that make you about 15? I remember being sophomore in HS back when Sonic was revealed. Now 7 years later I feel old still having considerable interest in the SSB series.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Gosh youre a baby. Now I feel old. F#ck. Yeah it kindof made the internet flip its **** and then some, considering Sonics history with Nintendo.

edit: now I kinda feel bad for calling you out on the whole homophobe thingy lol my bad

Yeah, you think HE'S young?

When Brawl came out, I was 7.

I'm a freshman in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom