• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
This is worrying me. The other M looks perfect for competition, and now I think Sakurai is trying to make the Wii U version more competitive. Not saying the 3DS version will be less competitive, but seeing how the stages are (walk offs and hazards), it just makes me wonder.

Arteen

Smash Lord
PLEASE, SAKURAI, RIDLEY AS A CHARACTER...Don't do it...don't turn him into a stage hazard...
Please... :c He's like number-one on the polls, he's never been too big. And I still wonder why they didn't use Phaaze, although there were two Metroid stages in Brawl, would love to see Phaaze.
I would love to see Phaaze as a second Metroid stage. We've already got more than enough lava-themed Metroid stages as it is, so a change of scenery would be nice.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
The stage looks amazing. I never played any metroid game but I like it. It actually reminds me of Resident Evil a bit.

Also why are people so negative torwards stage hazzards? I mean we already have battlefield and will eventually get Final Destination (3). How many neutral stages do you want? It's always a lot more fun to play casually on hazard stages than on ones without. If you want to be uber serious go play Marvel and leave the stages alone.

PS: Kill the animals

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm praying to god sakurai did not make Ridley a stage Harzard on that stage and really a playable character

Of coarse I don't care about this bad news but now I'm positive if Ridley gets confirmed it will be the other m body one

And don't they confirm a stage before a character I mean olimars stage got confirmed when olimar got confirmed and airpilot 1 day before luigi got confirmed

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I doubt Ridley will be a stage hazard. If he returns, he will most likely be a boss or a playable character. Sakurai is probably laughing his ass off at us right now.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What if Ridley is a boss on that stage, and Sakurai made it look like Samus and Bowser were fighting to make you think it was a playable stage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

The moment of truth should be upon us by the end of the week. Will Ridley rise to glory or go down in flames? Tension surges as the second most popular North American newcomer's future now rests with a single update! Nearly 6 years of speculation will finally come down to one historic moment! Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion On the next episode of Dragonball Z!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
http://i.imgur.com/UiiaRDk.png

When you look at the Pilotwings image in wallpaper size you can easily tell that the third island is separated from Wuhu Island. Which is cool since that means a Pilotwings 64 Island might really be a thing.
The third island is the Golf Island from Wii Sports Resort, and that big structure is Crab Rock.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The third island is the Golf Island from Wii Sports Resort, and that big structure is Crab Rock.

That unfortunately seems to be the case.
However, before this pic, we didn't even know about Wuhu Island being in there. Maybe there are other islands surrounding the rest of the main land. Otherwise... ocean in the BG for the rest of the stage perspective would be kind of unappealing.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman

SOME CONCLUSIONS THAT I MADE:
1) Ridley is impossible to be a playable character because is too large/big, do you played Super Smash Bros Brawl? Well, I think that Sakurai will put Ridley as Stage Hazard in Classic Fight Mode and Boss in Adventure Mode.
2) The Background of that stage reminds of battlefield editor or used in Ridley Boss Battle in Subspace Emissary.
3) Why Sakurai doesn't use Brinstar or Norfair instead of Metroid Other N stage?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You think Sakurai is a troll now? I anticipate an Olimar pic tomorrow, another picture of WFT posing with someone on Thursday and a picture of this stage with Riddles on it in such a way that you can't tell if he is a hazard or character for Friday.
:i6rkW:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You think Sakurai is a troll now? I anticipate an Olimar pic tomorrow, another picture of WFT posing with someone on Thursday and a picture of this stage with Riddles on it in such a way that you can't tell if he is a hazard or character for Friday.
:i6rkW:
Well if he doesn't appear in the confirmed characters list and a Challenger Approaching banner linking to his page, I would guess it's safe to assume it would be the former... :/

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Now that I think about it...doesn't that crack look kinda like Ridley's head? Although I'd love them to mix his Other M design with the epic Super Metroid design that appeared in SSBB, that has been the most brutal Ridley so far.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think it's cool that they made an Other M stage. Other M is definitely not the best Metroid game I've played, but definitely one of the more fun ones to play through. I'd take it over Fusion and Hunters' singleplayer any day. And in all seriousness, I had more fun playing it than Super Metroid.

And it definitely looks like a good stage.

Neo Zero

Looking at it, I wonder if the Platforms are designed to move. Symmetry aside, the right platforms look more over the edge while the left platforms look a little before the edge. Could just be the angle playing tricks on my eyes though, or it could be intentional.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it...doesn't that crack look kinda like Ridley's head? Although I'd love them to mix his Other M design with the epic Super Metroid design that appeared in SSBB, that has been the most brutal Ridley so far.
Oh wow.....the crack is shaped like Ridley's head.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Looking at it, I wonder if the Platforms are designed to move. Symmetry aside, the right platforms look more over the edge while the left platforms look a little before the edge. Could just be the angle playing tricks on my eyes though, or it could be intentional.
Looks weird to me too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Every time I look at this Other M stage, the more I like it... it looks gorgeous!!!

Oh wow.....the crack is shaped like Ridley's head.
He is too big. That's why he can only pop his head in through the wall. :awesome:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
1) Ridley is impossible to be a playable character because is too large/big, do you played Super Smash Bros Brawl? Well, I think that Sakurai will put Ridley as Stage Hazard in Classic Fight Mode and Boss in Adventure Mode.
Better watch your tongue around here, there are many people who can debunk just that. As for your Brawl argument, SSE won't carry over to this game, so there's no canon parallels, everything that happened in SSE will be erased in this new game. Just one of the arguments to debunk the "too big" thing.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
1) Ridley is impossible to be a playable character because is too large/big,
About TWO weeks ago Sakurai posted a picture of Kirby and Olimar, saying that Kirby is about 8-inches tall, and Olimar is only an inch. Think about it; if Kirby was real you could just step on him, Olimar would be like an insect, and Pikmin would be microscopic.

Any character is possible.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I made video just right now telling people not to freak out till Sakurai tells us something. Pizzadudemanguy is apparently doing the same. lol

Guy had the calmest reaction to this so far.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
About TWO weeks ago Sakurai posted a picture of Kirby and Olimar, saying that Kirby is about 8-inches tall, and Olimar is only an inch. Think about it; if Kirby was real you could just step on him, Olimar would be like an insect, and Pikmin would be microscopic.
Not to mention that Olimar was actually bigger than Kirby in the image, despite being A LOT smaller than Kirby in reality.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Let me direct you towards someone very wise, very annoying and very cheap too...

"Size doesn't mean everything" - Teemo

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The only way I see Ridley working is if he's hunched over a LOT. But have you guys seen the Ridley thread? It's a meltdown there :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom