• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only way I see Ridley working is if he's hunched over a LOT. But have you guys seen the Ridley thread? It's a meltdown there :troll:
Well, Ridley can work if he is hunched over a lot just like in Super Metroid. Hey, maybe Ridley could run on his claws like Bowser used to do in Melee/Brawl. :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The only way I see Ridley working is if he's hunched over a LOT. But have you guys seen the Ridley thread? It's a meltdown there :troll:
Gamefaqs, IGN, and Miiverse are on the verge of exploding too. Like I said, the second most popular potential newcomer will probably be confirmed or deconfirmed by the end of the week so of course things are tense.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
I just hate when people "force" a character on Sakurai. He picks characters that he thinks are good fighters and he clearly doesn't think Ridley is one, if he would, we would've seen Ridley long ago. If he ends up being a legit playable character he'll probably be uninspired and boring...
..:sonic:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Vague statements are vague... I'm not really taking much out of this other then Sakurai playing his usual hype games with the situation, the panic about the statement seems kind of unneeded but that seems to be what we excel at here.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just hate when people "force" a character on Sakurai. He picks characters that he thinks are good fighters and he clearly doesn't think Ridley is one, if he would, we would've seen Ridley long ago. If he ends up being a legit playable character he'll probably be uninspired and boring...
Sakurai doesn't pick the roster out of his own subjective opinion on who is a good fighter and who isn't. Sonic's less than stellar moveset comes from his incredibly late inclusion into the game, it has nothing to do with him being forced in. Can't really judge if Ridley would be a fun character or not without even seeing him.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

You don't seem to understand that this is a game that MUST include all of Nintendo's All-Star characters, that includes Ridley, since he's to Samus what Bowser is to Mario, or what Ganondorf is to Link.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
So many of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment. He'll appear and fly around the stage and appear as a boss in adventure mode. His comment definitely leans more towards hinting at him appearing somewhere in the stage.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
You don't seem to understand that this is a game that MUST include all of Nintendo's All-Star characters, that includes Ridley, since he's to Samus what Bowser is to Mario, or what Ganondorf is to Link.

I indeed don't understand. Mario, Link and Samus are the main characters of their franchises. Bowser Ganondorf are not all-stars, they are not as worthy being than Mario or Link; and since Mario's and Link's franchises are more popular than Metroid, their secondary characters got in before Metroid's.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So many of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment. He'll appear and fly around the stage and appear as a boss in adventure mode. His comment definitely leans more towards hinting at him appearing somewhere in the stage.
We're not setting ourselves up for a dissapointment since we're constantly getting slapped by the fact that it could be a very real reality. Many Ridley supporters have even given up today. I'm still keeping my head high though, but I still don't deny that it is a possibility.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I would love to see Phaaze as a second Metroid stage. We've already got more than enough lava-themed Metroid stages as it is, so a change of scenery would be nice.
I'd rather see Elysia Skytown, which I think was more memorable and would be a really pretty stage.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hmmm I'll just say the stage looks pretty awesome right now but playing on it will just get depressing if Ridley just cameos on this stage :/ The moment of truth could be coming any day day now... I thought it would be much later.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Personally I'd prefer an organic-themed Metroid stage, since we have an industrial themed one already. Really though, anything without lava is fine.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Personally I'd prefer an organic-themed Metroid stage, since we have an industrial themed one already. Really though, anything without lava is fine.

Industrial stage? The only thing off the top of my head is Dr Wily's Castle but that's hardly industrial. We, however, have a nature stage off of Pikmin 3.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
And to think this is only the second time Bowser's been in one of the Daily Photos... And he's been fighting Samus in both...

Anyway, dem graphics!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Industrial stage? The only thing off the top of my head is Dr Wily's Castle but that's hardly industrial. We, however, have a nature stage off of Pikmin 3.
I think he meant in terms of Metroid stages, not all stages. Looking at Brawl:

Frigate Orpheon = Industrial
Norfair = Mix of both
Brinstar (Melee) = Organic

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not one for Ridley, so I don't have to set myself up for disappointment. However, I'm crapping my pants because this stage is so beautiful!

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
That's like saying we should have a factory level from Donkey Kong Country Returns. When you think Metroid you think robots in space, aliens, futuristic enviroments, not plants. Not saying those are bad things, but it would be something like getting a shower/toy castle stage for Pikmin 3. They characteristics of the franchise should be reflected on the stage.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Yeah but they are not levels everyone thinks of when they think Donkey Kong levels

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think it's all subjective. Some people think jungle, others think pirates, some think of the environmental extremes (lava, snow, underwater and pollution/wasteland).

I honestly don't think of bridges/transportation when it comes to Zelda, yet that's all the new stages have been based on since Brawl.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, we may get our first confirmation of a character since E3? Or be completely disappointed? Oh boy, can't wait until Gangplank Galleon is a stage...

Hong

The Strongest
Are those electric rods? Could make low recoveries a dangerous proposition.

Can they somehow cover the stage in acid or lava? I don't think ya'll have had enough acid and lava. Somewhere in the mind of Sakurai-san he thinks "Metroid = Lava". Must have tried crossing Norfair without the Varia Suit in his childhood.
Now that I think about it...doesn't that crack look kinda like Ridley's head?
In the clouds.
That's like saying we should have a factory level from Donkey Kong Country Returns. When you think Metroid you think robots in space, aliens, futuristic enviroments, not plants. Not saying those are bad things, but it would be something like getting a shower/toy castle stage for Pikmin 3. They characteristics of the franchise should be reflected on the stage.
But in most games, after a scene in a space station, that is the first thing you see. O.O

I don't think your example compares. My memories of the Metroid series have many organic stages in mind. Not sure what the prime games are like since I have not played II and III, but the rest of the series certainly has a few. Even Maridia, while not fully organic, has quite a nice contrast with what we've seen.

Kel

Smash Master
This stage looks huge compared to the characters and the size of battlefield. This will be a good stage for Megaman to camp =D

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, I'm interested in the updates this week.

I have to say this though: Why another lava stage? There's so many locales in Metroid, why default to this particular element?

Edit: Almost forgot, isn't Metroid's birthday coming up soon? I know it's desperate but that could be the date of dread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Given that Samus' default appearance is always the Varia suit, it's kinda clear.

I mean what the hell is the point of a heat-protecting suit if there's no heat to protect against?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
RIDLEY'S NOT TOO BIG, STOP IT ALREADY, IT'S NOT FUNNY!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh, it is funny though. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sakurai should become the King of the Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom