• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
People are overly tense about this. It is not in our hands and if he doesn't get in someone will hack him in a long with geno and mewtwo if he doesn't make the cut. It isn't the end of the world and either way someone is going to be disappointed. I do hope he gets in but I am not going to burn down a village if he doesn't.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
man this sucks ridley is really the only character i looking forward to and if he is not in then my hype is gone.

this quote either means
a) stage hazard
b) he be shown soon
c) just the fact that this is where ridley was fought in the game

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know, I suppose I just enjoy chaos and destruction. Ridley is a cool character and could offer a lot to the game. There is no doubt that even fans unfamiliar with Metroid would love a fierce badass space dragon. But when I think about how much anger and misery will be unleashed if he is confirmed to be a stage hazard, I can't help but smile as I imagine the Internet burn.

I suppose if they do, someone will be like "NO! THAT IS JUST A CLONE OF RIDLEY! THE REAL RIDLEY IS PLAYABLE". Kind of like the ***** who think Toon Link will still be around.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol don't even lie y'all would be upset for a while but everyone and our dead ancestors know we're all still buying the game regardless of who's in or not.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wow, some people here have turned into real jerks today in this site. Getting all fired up and insulting fans of other characters. I guess I might as well give this place a rest for a few days (or maybe even a few weeks) until people have cooled down.... :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow, some people here have turned into real jerks today in this site. Getting all fired up and insulting fans of other characters. I guess I might as well give this place a rest for a few days (or maybe even a few weeks) until people have cooled down.... :/
Ridley's possible deconfirmation has turned this place into a madhouse!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's hard to believe the amount of asswipes in this site who wanna see people dissapointed about a character Smash NEEDS. Imma looking at you Hong and Curmudgeon. I still have my hopes up for everyone's favorite space dragon, being a boss or a stage hazard in the fourth installment would be degrading to him.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Wondering what Sakurai means about from Samus' past. I wouldn't know as I never played any Metroid games. Maybe a character or stage hazard hmm.

That said, I love the stage! It looks very cool.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second."

-Masahiro Sakurai

I think Ridley will be a stage hazard thats what i get from his comment and the crack in the wall.
And this.

I would have liked to have seen him playable tho.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, I suppose I just enjoy chaos and destruction. Ridley is a cool character and could offer a lot to the game. There is no doubt that even fans unfamiliar with Metroid would love a fierce badass space dragon. But when I think about how much anger and misery will be unleashed if he is confirmed to be a stage hazard, I can't help but smile as I imagine the Internet burn.

I suppose if they do, someone will be like "NO! THAT IS JUST A CLONE OF RIDLEY! THE REAL RIDLEY IS PLAYABLE". Kind of like the ***** who think Toon Link will still be around.
All the games in the Metroid Universe take place in the same time frame, correct? Spirit Tracks happened several hundred years after Wind Waker. Meaning there have been multiple heroes in between ST and WW. So in a non canon game (cough smash cough) these two can exist at the same time. If these Link's were the same I would understand what people are coming from, but they aren't.

Hong

The Strongest
All the games in the Metroid Universe take place in the same time frame, correct? Spirit Tracks happened several hundred years after Wind Waker. Meaning there have been multiple heroes in between ST and WW. So in a non canon game (cough smash cough) these two can exist at the same time. If these Link's were the same I would understand what people are coming from, but they aren't.
Oh, I realize that. Though I am not sure if the developers are counting on the average consumer to vaguely know anything of the timeline.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
About the crack on the wall.

It's NOT the hole that Ridley escaped from.

Check the end of the video. It's not the right shape OR size.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I thought it was the same stage from Dead or Alive. But I mean every metroid stage is a lava fest. What if this stage appearing in both games means a dead or alive character is appearing in smash!?! No wait... this obviously confirms Ridley as a character.......for Dead or Alive. :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Tomorrow: Olimar screenshots.

Don't hold your breath, folks. We can't be sure we will even hear of this by the end of the week.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
If they resized Ridley to his original NES size, then maybe he'd be a little more easier to work with in making him a playable character. Otherwise I don't see it coming. You figure he's as big as Master Hand in Brawl so having a character that big would be either cheap or very easy to damage.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
It's hard to believe the amount of *******s in this site who wanna see people dissapointed about a character Smash NEEDS. Imma looking at you Hong and Curmudgeon. I still have my hopes up for everyone's favorite space dragon, being a boss or a stage hazard in the fourth installment would be degrading to him.

Can you please explain to me why Smash Bros. needs Ridley?

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Okay, just stop everyone. I know I started this, but it was a joke. We'll just wait and see. My goodness.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Well, he is considered one of the last all-stars not in the game. He'a a villain, an aerial character, highly requested, from a slowly-dying series people want to return, he has no reason to be a clone, everyone loves giant purple dinosaurs... that's all I got.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

He's Samus' Bowser...he's become as iconic to the Metroid series as the main character, he's a cruel, ruthless villain that has been requested since the days of the first game. He offers something to the game that nobody else does, which is a lightweight, huge character with amazing air game and sluggish ground game, he's a Nintendo All-Star and in a perfect world, Ridley would've been a no-brainer since Melee. He has been advancing in ranks along the games and reducing him into a pathetic, badly-designed stage hazard would be an insult to Metroid fans, we need a slightly-muscular version of the Super Metroid Ridley in SSB because he is the most important Nintendo character that hasn't appeared on SSB as a playable character yet.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Okay, just stop everyone. I know I started this, but it was a joke. We'll just wait and see. My goodness.
Its not your fault. If people want to rage over a fictional dragon, let them. Is he too big? If sakurai wants him in he will be in. Is he NEEDED? No- smash doesn't need anything, but people want things. It isn't worth arguing over something not in our control. ^^

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Well, he is considered one of the last all-stars not in the game. He'a a villain, an aerial character, highly requested, from a slowly-dying series people want to return, he has no reason to be a clone, everyone loves giant purple dinosaurs... that's all I got.
He's Samus' Bowser...he's become as iconic to the Metroid series as the main character, he's a cruel, ruthless villain that has been requested since the days of the first game. He offers something to the game that nobody else does, which is a lightweight, huge character with amazing air game and sluggish ground game, he's a Nintendo All-Star and in a perfect world, Ridley would've been a no-brainer since Melee. He has been advancing in ranks along the games and reducing him into a pathetic, badly-designed stage hazard would be an insult to Metroid fans, we need a slightly-muscular version of the Super Metroid Ridley in SSB because he is the most important Nintendo character that hasn't appeared on SSB as a playable character yet.

Fair enough, but still Smash 4 will do fine with or without Ridley. Smash doesn't need Ridley. lol I actually think Ridley's chances skyrocketed with this update, but I think it will be fun if he's suddenly disconfirmed. Well ok, I'm done for the day, see ya tommorrow

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I might as well leave for today too. It's been quite the eventful day here in Smashboards...

But before I go let me just say this. Calm down and just wait it out for at least this week and see if we get more info regarding this matter.

There is no need to turn hostile and curse Sakurai as well as the fans over this.

Just giving my two cents here. I'll leave for today. Good night.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I don't see why you guys are so against Ridley, or even think it's funny to poke fun at those who want him. He's a big, violent dinosaur. That's awesome. Last I checked it was Super Smash Brothers, not Super Little Girl's Tea Party.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Woah, don't you guys think you're over-analyzing a translated quote?

I'm hyped for Ridley.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Fair enough, but still Smash 4 will do fine with or without Ridley. Smash doesn't need Ridley. lol I actually think Ridley's chances skyrocketed with this update, but I think it will be fun if he's suddenly disconfirmed. Well ok, I'm done for the day, see ya tommorrow
to get satisfaction on someone else s misery is horrible

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Woah, don't you guys think you're over-analyzing a translated quote?

I'm hyped for Ridley.
Why, but that's our specialty. We're the same people who took "The fleeting lives of tiny creatures" to mean "DUR RIDLEY". :laugh:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Why, but that's our specialty. We're the same people who took "The fleeting lives of tiny creatures" to mean "DUR RIDLEY". :laugh:
This. If this forum is famous for anything, it's overreading things and being outraged about them... wait, is that actually a good thing?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This. If this forum is famous for anything, it's overreading things and being outraged about them... wait, is that actually a good thing?
Ofc not. But we take pride in it anyway. Because we are, as Kamiya so accurately put it, Smash idiots. :laugh:;):p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ofc not. But we take pride in it anyway. Because we are, as Kamiya so accurately put it, Smash idiots. :laugh:;):p
Let this be a lesson to us, translations and the ambiguity of the English language suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom