• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So today's picture is the area in which you fight Ridley in Other M. Don't know what that means for Ridley, but it looks great.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

Either Ridley confirmation today or Ridley is a stage hazard.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This one floored me.

Sakurai is totally trolling us. It's ripping me apart!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
"Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

I don't know if my heart is ready for either....for drastically different reasons

#Nostagehazardplease

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Either way what a gorgeous stage... such amazing lighting it feels pretty intense.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seriously Ridley as a stage hazard or not, a stage hazard would be a shame on such a gorgeous stage, it'd be the best competitive stage ever, just for the looks.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is kinda a disappointing reveal for several reasons, but the main one is that it's based on Metroid Other M. That game is just so awful; it is by far the worst game Nintendo has ever released. Part of me always wants to elaborate, but then I realize that I actually don't have a single positive thing to say about the game and that literally every single element of it I dislike. It seriously is a game so toxic that if not completely discarded it's franchise killing bad, and seeing the game being treated as the last main game in the series (as opposed to Metroid Prime 3) is just saddening.

At the very least, the stage itself might be fine anyway. Sure it's another lava environment from a Metroid game (why they keep doing this we'll never know either), but it's obviously a dynamic stage given multiple plausible stage hazards and the platform lay-out which is asymmetric in the screenshot we saw (it's not their usual design method to make asymmetric platforms as a static environment). It could play just fine, and while most of the environment is really generic looking (like every environment in Other M really), the lava effect looks really nice at least.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I have a heavy dislike for Other M too, though I'd hardly call it the worst Nintendo game ever, at least it had enjoyable gameplay (though everything else pretty much sucked.) While the environments were very uninspired and unmemorable, I still think this is the one memorable location, and I'm glad it was chosen. Plus, Samus' Other M design is best for Smash Bros, she looks so much more sleak and agile, unlike her Brawl counterpart which looks heavy and clunky, and the Melee model which looks like an action figure.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People hating on the stage just because it's from Other M?

Ya'll can't let go can you?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We'll get a confirmation of his role in this game soon for sure, but even if he doesn't get confirmed today it doesn't mean he isn't a character, they could hold out for Friday, or heck, even a September announcement. The only time we can rule him out as a character is once we see him as a stage hazard.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ironically before the reveal/seeing how sexy it looks, I absolutely hated the idea of the Geothermal Plant being the Other M stage just because of the wasted potential (generic "you fight best boss in the game here" even if Ridley is awesome, was already in DoA: Dimensions complete with Ridley as a hazard, as someone stated another lava Metroid level, etc.). I'm at least glad they called it Pyrosphere.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, it's a bit lame that it's just the same location, but honestly, it's just the most memorable location, and it makes for a great fighting stage. This one blows the DoA: Dimensions one out of the water though.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Well, I hate this stage.
WHHHAAAATTTT?! It looks incredible! The length of it will probably favour projectie-spammers, but aside from that, it looks fairly well balanced. Hopefully there won't be any OVERLY-obstructive stage-hazards *crosses fingers*
SMILE, DUDE! :bluejump:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing for Ridley's chances.

On one hand, the stage may regulate Ridley to a stage hazard thus continuing the injustice against Ridley.

On the other hand, Sakurai's usually vague comment could possibly indicate that Ridley might be revealed as a playable character fairly soon.

Regardless, using Bowser as a placeholder for Ridley was awful, disgusting yet genius and sinister all rolled into one.

And despite my dislike of Other M, this is one sick stage!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Regardless, using Bowser as a placeholder for Ridley was awful, disgusting yet genius and sinister all rolled into one.
Yeah, when I saw that it was Bowser I first felt like I had been punched, then I smiled because it's just so Sakurai, then I felt like I was being rolled around, and now I have no idea what to make of it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Other M is going to be where most of the metroid representation comes from this time around at least style/design wise. It was the last game in the series but they may throw a bone to older fans (Especially with how disliked Other M was.) I know it bothers some people but it isn't that bad. I mean this could push a new more likeable HD metroid especially since we are getting a sampling of how beautiful these universes would be on the wiiu.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…

Sorry guys, but I think Ridley will be a stage hazard.
I never wanted him as a character anyway ;P Sakurai makes a great job in the Stage...
Very good stuff.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I never been a fan of Metorid stages in the past Smash Games. Really disliked them all, cept for the lava in Melee... So I'm really looking forward to this stage. It is the best looking Metroid and probobly the whole game's (atleast up til now)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Other M is going to be where most of the metroid representation comes from this time around at least style/design wise. It was the last game in the series but they may throw a bone to older fans (Especially with how disliked Other M was.) I know it bothers some people but it isn't that bad. I mean this could push a new more likeable HD metroid especially since we are getting a sampling of how beautiful these universes would be on the wiiu.
The main problem with Other M was the story anyways, and it's not like that's gonna be carried over into Smash Bros in any way but trophy references. I personally saw it coming, but I'm still surprised by how good Samus and this stage looks.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
People hating on the stage just because it's from Other M?

Ya'll can't let go can you?
I know right? Seriously people need to just stop getting upset over trivial things like that.

I think the stage it self looks wonderful, and cant wait to see what news we might be getting soon. Even without a story mode, every time we learn something new my hype goes back up again a little at a time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow, Ridley seriously deconfirmed? I was just getting hyped for seeing him, considering this is his stage after all.

Ah well.

All the more room for MANthony Higgs! Remember him?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO, complaining about Metroid stages always having lava is like complaining about Ice Climber stages always having ice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brinstar was a regular stage for a while in Brawl. I liked the stage in both Brawl and Melee (moreso in Brawl though). And this stage doesn't look half as bad. Perhaps Ridley will cause some havock that will make the stage unplayable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wow, Ridley seriously deconfirmed? I was just getting hyped for seeing him, considering this is his stage after all.

Ah well.

All the more room for MANthony Higgs! Remember him?
He's not deconfirmed yet, since Sakurai could refer either way. And for the best I'm gonna keep silent about your Anthony comment for once, it's for the best right now :p

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
PLEASE, SAKURAI, RIDLEY AS A CHARACTER...Don't do it...don't turn him into a stage hazard...
Please... :c He's like number-one on the polls, he's never been too big. And I still wonder why they didn't use Phaaze, although there were two Metroid stages in Brawl, would love to see Phaaze.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Not sure if I like the sound of this....

Are there any other enemies from Samus's past that I don't know about besides Ridley? I never played a Metroid game, or at least not much, sue me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Not sure if I like the sound of this....

Are there any other enemies from Samus's past that I don't know about besides Ridley? I never played a Metroid game, or at least not much, sue me.
This was the place you fought Ridley at in Metroid: Other M, which is why it's so certainly a hint towards Ridley.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This was the place you fought Ridley at in Metroid: Other M, which is why it's so certainly a hint towards Ridley.
Oh... well that does make Ridley the most likely of being that enemy Sakurai was referring to. Hopefully not but I'm not very sure now. I guess we will have to wait and see then. :/

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Then again, Sakurai worded it in a way that could mean either a stage hazard or a character reveal, especially with the starting "Out of the blue, here's a new stage"

And "An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…" could also go both ways.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Can someone post the picture of the Metroid stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom