• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
These updates have got me all mixed up. I look forward to the weekdays more than the weekends now.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Well to be honest the 3DS has smoother graphics with the 3D turned on (if it doesn't bother you.) Also the majority of WiiU attention with Miiverse also plays into it I am sure. I doubt is has anything to do with Smash being a console game usually since originally it was planned to be 3DS only to help reinvent the series.
I always turn 3D off because it's way more pixelated than without 3D.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Now that the Pokemon Game Show has come and gone, I'd like to see some kind of Pokemon related update on the Dojo. :150:

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Believe it or not, I happened to find a 3DS today (well, yesterday I suppose). The only problem is I was going to buy an XL solely for Smash. Anyone with small hands want to trade?

With minutes left before the update, I predict a screenshot of Pikachu that confirms one of his many head accessories!

Edit: I actually really like this screenshot. I can imagine the saw blade being a great projectile.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Luigi has a really flat ass.

He should ask Snake for some tips on how to tone dat.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice

Dunno if this has been posted somewhere, it's not the miiverse daily pic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well that's a new one. Wonder what stage that is. The sky slightly reminds me of the Galactic Sea.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Y

Dunno if this has been posted somewhere, it's not the miiverse daily pic.
yeah that'd on the Luigi page of the smash site. It's not a new one and looking at the platform it is probably Battlefield.
I like the pic of the day solely because it shows tge saw blade is something anyone can pick up. I guess it should be expected but still. And from what little video we have I say sawblade kicks major butt. It has crazy range.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Sakurai already told us that the Saw Blade can be picked up (or caught) by any character during his Smash Bros Direct video. But it's still nice to see I suppose.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Yeah Sakurai already told us that the Saw Blade can be picked up (or caught) by any character during his Smash Bros Direct video. But it's still nice to see I suppose.
I only remember him saying Megaman could pick it back up. But I haven't watched it in forever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously, people are bothered to check these single pictures every day relligiously but can't be bothered to watch the Direct videos?

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I'm not bothered at all.
If you really want to know, looking at the picture at the day only takes a click and a couple of seconds. Watching a direct takes commitment and are about 20-30 minutes long. Some people don't have the free time to sit down and watch a thirty minute video, but have time to enjoy the new fresh pictures every day, that only takes less than a minute to enjoy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, if you clicked the :link2: I provided it takes you straight to the part I was talking about... Or at least it should.... So I kinda don't really get why we suddenly are having this pointless argument right now.... :T

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Though it's off-topic, I still am holding on to the fighting game theory for that clip.
Lucario's in a fighting position, something it doesn't do in Battle Revolution.

Also, there is a poster in the background which appears to be a fist symbol in a circle with a laurel wraith around it and a crown above it.

That REALLY gives off a fighting tournament vibe.....
A wraith? Is it a haunted fighting game?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you really want to know, looking at the picture at the day only takes a click and a couple of seconds. Watching a direct takes commitment and are about 20-30 minutes long. Some people don't have the free time to sit down and watch a thirty minute video, but have time to enjoy the new fresh pictures every day, that only takes less than a minute to enjoy.

A 5 minute video. There haven't been 20-30 minute Smash videos.

Just wtf are you both trying to 'proof'? You're wasting more time making half-baked assumptions than actually watching those videos. :rolleyes:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I watched the videos like 20 times. Just when they first came out. And a lot has happened in my life since then. So so sorry I forgot a little detail like that. It won't happen again.
What the heck.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well one things for sure if wonderful red is confirmed he would get added this week. Because the game comes out on Saturday in Japan. And Friday usually have the big updates

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Wonderful Red would be quite nice and since this game is from PG they can give us Bayonetta as well :D

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Okkkk people acting up, I'm getting outta here.
You are the one who brought it up in the first place. Nobody is acting up.

Anyhow, nothing especially new in this photo, but it still looks pretty neat. I can't help but notice how well Luigi's shoes are drawn in this game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Based on patterns from the Brawl Dojo, Mondays and Tuesdays were the least likely days for big updates while Wednesday and Friday were the most likely. This time around it seems to be Tuesdays and Friday are the most likely with Monday by far being the least likely. As other people have said, it's still hard not to get excited when Monday rolls around though.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Oh ho, you thought Kirby was out for blood on the Villager pic? Now he's REALLY mad seeing as though even LUIGI is copying his style! The Pink Puff is gonna treat em' ruff!!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
You mean the island off to the left?

That looks like Wedge Island, which is near Wuhu Island in Wii Sports Resort.

You can see the Crab Rock formation:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Well one things for sure if wonderful red is confirmed he would get added this week. Because the game comes out on Saturday in Japan. And Friday usually have the big updates
As cool as that would be, I think his best bet is if they suddenly decide to make Smash Bros 75% product placement (in the sense that they're explicitly advertising new games, not "raising awareness to different characters" kind of product placement). It would essentially be if they had added Jill from Drill Dozer in Brawl (as much as I'd like to see that happen): adding a (so far) one-time character whose game we hadn't even played.

As for today's picture, it was...a nice review of what we've already known. I woke up this morning, looked at the picture, giggled at Luigi's portrayal in Smash Bros as a whole, thought about how cool it is that Mega Man made it in, and then went back to bed. It took me about five seconds to soak in today's pic.

I'm curious about how future character reveals will work. I mean, depending on the character total in the final product/ amount of time until the game is on shelves, we have anywhere from 25-30 characters left to reveal (that's a rough estimate), with 16 1/2 months left to reveal in, worst case scenario. And not all of them will coincide with releases. From the viewpoint of advertisement character reveals (as Olimar and Luigi have been), there are only a handful of characters left to reveal: characters for X/Y, Rumble U, Yoshi's New Island, SM3DW, WW HD, A Link Between Worlds, Sonic Lost World, and I THINK a Mii game (so two Pokemon characters, Yoshi, Peach, two Zelda characters, Sonic, and Miis). Eight characters. What about the other 17-22 characters who don't have games coming out? Wario, Ice Climbers, Marth, Ness, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Lucas, Ike, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Snake, so on, and so forth? Not to mention the new characters who may or may not be getting a game any time soon.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
A 5 minute video. There haven't been 20-30 minute Smash videos.

Just wtf are you both trying to 'proof'? You're wasting more time making half-baked assumptions than actually watching those videos. :rolleyes:
Ever heard of Nintendo Direct, 20-30 minuets buddy.

Earthworm Jim

Smash Rookie
Ever heard of Nintendo Direct, 20-30 minuets buddy.

This is the video he is talking about.

It's a little over 8 minutes long. It aired the same day as the E3 Nintendo Direct, but was separate from it. This one is all Smash related. It can be found on Miiverse and not only the official Nintendo Channel on Youtube, but also the official Smash Channel, which can be accessed by clicking the 'Movie List' button on the Dojo.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Megaman looks like the most technical character. Limited aerial. His sticky bomb looks situational, if that is the right word, considering it takes awhile for it to blow up and can be presumably blocked. You can grab his saw with proper timing, like most items, but it looks more easier to grab than say Peach's turnips because the saw is kinda slow. Guess it's power and knockback makes up for it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
http://i.imgur.com/UiiaRDk.png

When you look at the Pilotwings image in wallpaper size you can easily tell that the third island is separated from Wuhu Island. Which is cool since that means a Pilotwings 64 Island might really be a thing.
You can also see what must be a blimp (From the front) in the upper left part of the picture so I wonder if that will be a platform and the plane will stay airborne or if it will land on each individual island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom