• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more.
Okay, you won't start a lot of words, but we will give you a co-starring role in Tic Tac Toe.
And you will be acquainted with hugs and kisses.
And you will mark the spot.
And you will make writing "Christmas" easier.
And incidentally you will be an item in Smash 4. Are you happy you ****in' X?

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you won't start a lot of words, but we will give you a co-starring role in Tic Tac Toe.

Don't forget he steals robots powers

vicgur

Smash Ace
Finally, an item!!
Took some time.

Well, it looks awesomely overpowered, but it also looks good.

I wonder if Star Fox's Smart Bomb will still be in the game... It would be fun playing a match full of bombs with huge explosions.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm starting to get the feeling that items won't be shown and the focus will primarily be on stages and characters which is all well and good because, when you think about it, does anyone really care about the items that much?
Seriously, a new item less than 24 hours after I make this statement? Thanks for making me look like an...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Finally A new item I bet this is going to be a rare item rarer than the super bomb this helps the super bomb by the way and electro and bomb-ombs

Kid Icarus official gets cool items

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Because monolith's next game is called project x or somethin...
I thought that the giant x symbolized the japanese title of smash bros. I wonder if you toss this item up and then it explodes or if it always creates an X in the center.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is one of the places I didn't expect a Mitch Hedberg joke.

It's a good day today.

Groose

Smash Champion
People start talking about getting item updates, then we get our first pick with an item in it. Uncanny.

Sakurai watches this forum then posts pics accordingly.

Everyone... let's just agree to agree that a character will be shown tomorrow. What are you going to do now, Sakurai? :shades:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well tomorrow's Saturday, and we dont get dailies on weekends, which is actually fine by me to not stale things too much.

Back in Kid Icarus Uprising, being next to an X-bomb when it blows up would instantly kill you on normal standards since the 4 explosions (that move out in an X fashion, but they looked like moving spheres back then) would stack damage at once. Even then, touching one of em by itself hurts. It could even defeat an angel (who has much more health than a regular fighter regularly) in 1 hit if your weapon had the Item Attack+4 modifer on it. So with said item being one of the most powerful ones in Uprising, I expect it to be a brutal one in Smash as well, and based on the picture, it already is an X-treme item.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sakurai said "This is the X-Bomb from Kid Icarus Uprising, not to be confused with the one from Meteos."

Do you know why he said that?

Because the X-Bomb from Meteos IS a playable character.

We've been blind to Sakurai's true desire.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Seriously, a new item less than 24 hours after I make this statement? Thanks for making me look like an...

Last time I said that we likely wouldn't see another character until one of the Nintendo directs would come along and behold, Olimar confirmed the very next day!

It's as if Sakurai is watching us, waiting for the right moment to strike and make us look like idiots. I wonder if his middle name is Masahiro Troll Sakurai. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah, seems like Villager has the 1 sign on the back of his shirt as well, I didn't notice that. Guess I should edit that into my Villager design in Animal Crossing New Leaf as well then.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Did everyone forget about that Gyroid that was shown? Wasn't that an item?
Ps I mean the one Villager was riding not the one in the background.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Did everyone forget about that Gyroid that was shown? Wasn't that an item?
Ps I mean the one Villager was riding not the one in the background.

It's still a mystery.

Sakurai has a nice way of showing some stuff in the most ambiguous ways possible, so we won't be able to know what it truly is until he himself reveals it.
Take this picture, for example:

Is this a taunt? A special attack? We don't know. But hey, it's also in the Wii Fit stage, so it could even be a stage gimmick instead of something WFT does. Like I said, ambiguous.

The same idea goes with that picure's gyroid: It could be an item, yes. It could also be one of Villager's specials, or an entrace, idk. Also, it was shown in the City Folk stage, so it could also be a stage gimmick.

I'm surprised Sakurai didn't do that with today's picture. He could put Pit as one of the characters in the picture, so people would be confused and would probably think it could also be a new Final Smash .

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Villagers shirt design is so confusing.

Number 1 shirt in animal crossing city folk:

Number 1 shirt on animal crossing city folk BOX ART:

Number 1 shirt on villager:

In the game animal crossing city folk the number 1 on the front is small and on the back its big.
On the box art of animal crossing city folk the number 1 is on the side and front and I ASSUME it's also on the back.
Villager shirt's has no number 1 on the side nor is the number 1 small on the front.

Therefore villagers shirt is wrong game wise. Also somebody should make this shirt a pattern in Animal Crossing City Folk so we can pretend to be villager.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd say that the X-Bomb is going to be almost OP, as it's basically a Kat & Ana/Latios & Latias-esque item but without motion and constant fire. But, I'll use it.

(Mainly because it'll be fun to position Jigglypuff CPUs in Training Mode in the right positions in a custom stage, then... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Also somebody should make this shirt a pattern in Animal Crossing City Folk so we can pretend to be villager.
I'm ahead of you pal. In Animal Crossing New Leaf though....

Just only need the green socks and my Villager is complete, when is Kicks going to sell them to me.... >:T

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Makes it more exciting going through stages. Makes it different from the spherical bomb from Brawl in case it returns. I like it.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Look at it more closely on the main platform. It's definitely going through it, not behind it.
Quite the opposite actually. The centre x is clearly behind the top platform. This item definitely looks like it explodes in the background as opposed to the foreground.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Quite the opposite actually. The centre x is clearly behind the top platform. This item definitely looks like it explodes in the background as opposed to the foreground.
The higher platforms are about even with the camera. How could we tell whether it was going through them or behind them?

The only platform that you see the top surface of is the main platform. And you can clearly see that part of the main platform is BEHIND the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom