• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seriously though that leaves two spots on the website empty now. The next character reveals are definitely linked to the upcoming games this holiday. Sonic reveal anyone?
the website scales after how big your screen is in all cases, so what you see is different from what others see. In short, there's nothing to be found in the website's layout.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, trying to predict Sakurai is a fool's errand. I do think he gets a kick out of the way you try so keep at it I guess.

Here's what I'm thinking though. If Toon Link is back, who is not back? I mean, Toon Link was basically the top candidate on most of our lists to be cut, and here he is revealed early to boot. Combined with the way we've seen far more veterans and far fewer newcomers than we did in Brawl's info release cycle, we might take this as a hint that the cast will be relatively more veterans and fewer newcomers.
I can see this happening largely because Brawl had so many newcomers. Brawl had a whopping 18 newcomers (to put this in perspective, roughly 70% of Melee's final roster) and I doubt it will go up this high again. I'm not expecting more than 14 newcomers at most but no less than 10. Despite this, I don't think the info release cycle has confirmed this yet. With it strongly being implied that every newcomer will get their own trailer, I can see them waiting until at least January before any of them are shown. Keep in mind that with Brawl's Dojo, it was about three months before newcomers were shown on its site and that was in the final months of the game's development. We still have three months left of this year and there's a strong possibly that we will not be seeing this game on shelves until at least late Q2/early Q3 of next year, leaving at least 9 months to reveal info.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
More than happy to be wrong

And i was right about 2 or 1 character a month so witch means

Mewtwo and sonic could be both confirmed in October

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
*Lets out the biggest sigh of relief in the history of mankind*

Guess who's back
Back again
Cel Shaded's back
Tell a friend

I thought for sure he'd be cut, I'm so excited my main Toon Link is back!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
So since Toon Link is in the Sprit Tracks Stage and Toon Link is playable.
And Toad is an attack for Peach ...
MAYBE MY MAN/BABY-THING HAS A CHANCE ....

...A guy can hope can't he. :shyguy:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm not surprised that Toon Link is making a return, though I AM surprised he was revealed this early. I thought Luigi was just a special case, since the entire year is dedicate to him. That said, I'm pretty indifferent to the reveal. I wasn't really a fan of Toon Link in Brawl, but I was expecting "another" Link to show his face, anyway. I'm glad it's Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks Link, and not A Link Between Worlds Link. I'm happy for the Toon Link lovers, though!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So since Toon Link is in the Sprit Tracks Stage and Toon Link is playable.
And Toad is an attack for Peach ...
MAYBE MY MAN/BABY-THING HAS A CHANCE ....

...A guy can hope can't he. :shyguy:
This can also give Hope to ridley fans I suppose.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who's disappointed with this reveal? I mean, I was just checking the site expecting a normal picture like usual and I usually am excited when a character is revealed, but I was just like "Toon Link, really?".

I'll just be upset if we keep a clone in this game and any unique characters like ZSS get cut.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Am I the only one who's disappointed with this reveal? I mean, I was just checking the site expecting a normal picture like usual and I usually am excited when a character is revealed, but I was just like "Toon Link, really?".

I'll just be upset if we keep a clone in this game and any unique characters like ZSS get cut.
Toon link and link aren't clones and also ZSS is basically a full playable characters

Toon link and link aren't clones and also ZSS is basically a full playable characters

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ouch alot of anger with having toon link back i think hes fine aslong as they bring Ness or lucas and few more familar and new faces i think everything will be good

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
I like Toon Links reveal cause it proves the people who say he wouldn't return because of Spirit Tracks wrong.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I like Toon Links reveal cause it proves the people who say he wouldn't return because of Spirit Tracks wrong.

You have no idea how much I love this reveal simply because of your statement. Especially when I argue on Miiverse, people try to put so much logic in the fact that a Toon Link already exists in the stages back ground so he can't be a real character right? I wish people would stop trying to put some sort of "logic" into things like this. Of course when you use Donkey Kong as a precedent it doesn't count.

Man if we get hazard and playable Ridley I will be over joyed.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm sorry what? Toon Link? I got really excited this morning when I saw the Challenger Approaching bar and then Toon Link showed up. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed as I would have preferred another character like Zelda or Yoshi to be confirmed next who have their own unique move-set. It would be okay if Toon Link was made much more different from Link, but looking at the photos that doesn't seem to be the case. I am happy for all you Toon Link fans though and I find it funny a ton of people thought he wouldn't get in because of the Spirit Tracks stage and now he's in haha.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm sorry what? Toon Link? I got really excited this morning when I saw the Challenger Approaching bar and then Toon Link showed up. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed as I would have preferred another character like Zelda or Yoshi to be confirmed next who have their own unique move-set. It would be okay if Toon Link was made much more different from Link, but looking at the photos that doesn't seem to be the case. I am happy for all you Toon Link fans though and I find it funny a ton of people thought he wouldn't get in because of the Spirit Tracks stage and now he's in haha.
Well its not his final design hes in but still there most likely gonna work around the character

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
This is a pleasant surprise.

I am starting to wonder though, with Luigi and Toon Link being revealed early, are most of the unlockables in this game going to be newcomers? In Brawl, the majority of the unlockable characters were veterans, but we're seeing a couple of those veterans being revealed right now. I would honestly prefer it this way, as it leaves a lot more excitement and suspense to the roster (until the whole thing gets leaked somehow, anyway). It's also just more fun to work to unlock a character you've never seen before than to an unlock a character you're already familiar with.

As someone mentioned earlier, though, this also brings the discussion of cuts back to the table. Toon Link was seen as the most likely character to be cut due to being the cloniest of clones and being on the spirit tracks stage (although the latter is a bad argument since it's a completely different Link). If he isn't cut, then who will be? Perhaps we might not have a lot of cuts after all. But if that's the case, just how many newcomers are we going to get this time around? Sakurai said once not to expect too many, and if the entire Brawl roster comes back, then a lot of space on the roster is already taken up.

Of course, Toon Link's confirmation doesn't mean that there won't be any cuts from Brawl or anything, but it is something to think about.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The fact that we actually got a Toon Link reveal today is exciting. Young Link and Toon Link were both unlockables and to get his reveal this soon may mean we'll get more new comers as secret characters, rather than just a bunch of veterans. Of course Luigi's introduction was phrased in a way that he will most likely still be a unlockable like always, I think this means good things for those waiting on pins and needles for Ness, Lucas, etc.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Toon Link? Eeeeeehhhhh... Not exactly happy to see the little guy back. His presence doesn't bode so well for the Zelda series' potential for newcomers. Or newcomers in general, I guess, if we want to really reach here. If one of Brawl's most expendable characters is back... yeah.

I guess I may as well make the best of it though. On the bright side his model looks AMAZING. So good. And I did love playing him in Brawl, so hopefully he'll still have a good feel to him in the new engine. Here's hoping he gets some fresh moves or a new gimmick to make him feel a little less same-y too.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
My best bet is the starting fighters for the game is Mario, Peach, kirby , Donkey Kong, Samus , Fox , Bowser, Pikachu, and one more character while the rest including pit would be unlockables also has anyone notice that when you see toon link on there it says new challenger instead of veteran fighter?

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
I understand the people who are upset about his re-inclusion, and for the love of Farore can we get a unique moveset for him this time?
However, I have just one thing to say about TL's new model:

SO. VERY. PRETTY.

Seriously, the level of detail in all the models is amazing, but wow. It helps that his hair looks like Play-Doh, lol.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Wouldn't it make sense if Donkey Kong series got a new character announced? I mean as much as I wish it was K.Rool, I dont think they have their heads out of their anuses about it.. I don't see many confirmed villains, and it's a bit annoying.

My guess would be a diddly kong or maybe a diddy and dixie combo, but one can always dream they will do k.rool justice, as he was a huge part of gaming history, is an extremely untapped potential for the game, and would make a TON of nostalgic gamers like myself very very satisfied.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I just hope that when Diddy Kong is revealed, that they change his Final Smash to his guitar. His current Final Smash is really boring. I know it's a nod to Donkey Kong 64, but the guitar would be, too!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well its toon link, I hope they declone him, (ya know use the deku leaf maybe?) I guess he's gonna reveal vets if there's a game release/and or anniversary i suppose. but I guess this means no zelda newcomers? now i'm really getting hyped for November! (cuz FE)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well its toon link, I hope they declone him, (ya know use the deku leaf maybe?) I guess he's gonna reveal vets if there's a game release/and or anniversary i suppose. but I guess this means no zelda newcomers? now i'm really getting hyped for November! (cuz FE)
It's not like The Legend of Zelda has many characters who can be portrayed as playables, which is pretty much why you see less LoZ reps than Mario and Pokemon reps.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see someone forgot about peach being confirmed 2 weeks ago and every one though she was getting december and she was not added for the new mario 3d world game its not down there here page

Any way i bet my money that tomorrows picture is going to be playable toon link next to the train conductor toon link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom