• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, with the way things are going, the next reveal will be on the 11th with Pokemon X and Y. Since E3, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario, and even Jigglypuff have all become relevant again so any of them could make an appearance.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I see someone forgot about peach being confirmed 2 weeks ago and every one though she was getting december and she was not added for the new mario 3d world game its not down there here page

Any way i bet my money that tomorrows picture is going to be playable toon link next to the train conductor toon link
I said game releases/and or anniversary's. Yeah I guess sakurai would do something like that tomorrow :laugh:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Toon Link confirmed.

Nice surprise, screw the "character once a month" thing.
And this proves what I've been trying to tell people for a long time.

Why do a good amount of the characters in Smash get to be in there? Advertisement. They have a new game coming out soon or is just coming out? Welp, better put em in Smash to get people to wanna use them even more. Gee, I wonder who they're gonna reveal next~?

At any rate, what a disappointment. Instead of someone unique with their own original moveset, we get...Toon Link.

What happened to "We have to think about what the character brings to Smash that no one else does", huh Sakurai?

Damn hypocrite. >_>

Calling him out aside, though, I gotta admit. Toon Link looks VERY good here and actually looks kinda huggable and adorable. Ninty should invest in selling some new plushies of him. XD

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What happened to "We have to think about what the character brings to Smash that no one else does", huh Sakurai?

Damn hypocrite. >_>
That was in regards to adding new characters. He doesn't want to add characters that aren't completely unique anymore. Veterans are likely kept the same to not mess with peoples' mains. Though I gotta say that while I think Toon Link was a nice surprising reveal for once I do wish he was more apart from Link, I don't think anyone would have minded.

SkaRiot

Smash Rookie
Its Fire emblem 7's 10 year anniversary :)

So we could get an Ike...or Lyn or marth or something.
Wouldn't it make sense for a FE character to be announced on April, the month where the 1st FE game was released in Japan? Also, Sakurai would probably go by the Japanese release date of the game, where the GBA game was released on April 25th.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Why do a good amount of the characters in Smash get to be in there? Advertisement. They have a new game coming out soon or is just coming out? Welp, better put em in Smash to get people to wanna use them even more. Gee, I wonder who they're gonna reveal next~?

At any rate, what a disappointment. Instead of someone unique with their own original moveset, we get...Toon Link.

Damn hypocrite. >_>

Calling him out aside, though, I gotta admit. Toon Link looks VERY good here and actually looks kinda huggable and adorable. Ninty should invest in selling some new plushies of him. XD
Toon Link wasn't added due to advertising. He was revealed due to advertising. He was added because Sakurai thinks a child Link is important, Toon Link is the most prolific, and still a current and popular child Link, and because he was easier to add than an original character.

I guess he's still a hypocrite because TL is cloney, but that's really nothing new to the series.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Wouldn't it make sense for a FE character to be announced on April, the month where the 1st FE game was released in Japan? Also, Sakurai would probably go by the Japanese release date of the game, where the GBA game was released on April 25th.
Technically Luigi's reveal coincided with the US release of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team as part of celebrating "The Year of Luigi" I'm saying November because that's a 10 year international anniversary. and Like I said above it could happen for both November and April.

@everyone who thinks toon link is going to remain a clone.
The game IS NOT FINISHED! I bet they ported his brawl model over just recently and they only gotten to work on the HD moves first. (just like with peach his move's aren't finalized), just because he didn't state it on miiverse doesn't mean he won't declone him, sakurai wants no clones this time and I believe he'll stick to that.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
This way of revealing characters worries me about some characters that aren't getting a game soon (like Captain Falcon, Ness...).

Also, inb4 we get a Lucario announcement with Pokemon X/Y. He was also quite high in the list of characters that might be cut.

RODO

Smash Ace
Apart from Sakurai being a hypocrite about making everyone more unique and then giving us a clone, the real reason this is sad is that Link is confirmed to suck once again. I kind of wanted them to boot Toon Link and give some of his awesomeness to regular Link. I don't even play with Link, but it's a shame that the characters from one of the greatest franchises ever constantly get screwed. We all know Link could take half the roster in a real battle. Gannondorf too :p

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Apart from Sakurai being a hypocrite about making everyone more unique and then giving us a clone, the real reason this is sad is that Link is confirmed to suck once again. I kind of wanted them to boot Toon Link and give some of his awesomeness to regular Link. I don't even play with Link, but it's a shame that the characters from one of the greatest franchises ever constantly get screwed. We all know Link could take half the roster in a real battle. Gannondorf too :p
>hasn't played Project M
>implying that Link only sucks because of Toon Link's existence.

This isn't Highlander.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Toon Link wasn't added due to advertising. He was revealed due to advertising. He was added because Sakurai thinks a child Link is important, Toon Link is the most prolific, and still a current and popular child Link, and because he was easier to add than an original character.

I guess he's still a hypocrite because TL is cloney, but that's really nothing new to the series.
Don't act like you know what Sakurai is thinking. You know damn well that none of us do. XD

And that's the same damn thing. Had OoT 3D not been released until around this time, Young Link probably would've been added instead. If there wasn't a Zelda with a different Link coming out in general, we probably wouldn't have gotten a second Link, logically speaking.

...But this is Sakurai, not the mention Nintendo. Logic and common sense are completely alien concepts that don't apply to them. ¦D;

Gannondorf
Wow, 2013 and people still can't spell Ganon's name right?

Well I guess if there are people who still think Sheik is male, anything is possible. ¦D;

gamer8

Smash Lord
Speaking of Mewtwo, any ideas on how they would use his base form and both of his mega evolutions if he was to make it in the game?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If there's any returning characters that need an overhaul TL is high on that list. Sakurai and the rest of the development team really need to do a better job of differentiating TL from Link instead of just making him a smaller and faster (better) version of Link once again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This way of revealing characters worries me about some characters that aren't getting a game soon (like Captain Falcon, Ness...).

Also, inb4 we get a Lucario announcement with Pokemon X/Y. He was also quite high in the list of characters that might be cut.
Characters will be revealed in random order theres also anniversary's and can be revealed in random order besides i wouldn't be surprised we see the final roster a couple of days before the release of the game besides on brawls dojo none of the unlock-able characters were announced after the game release even though spoilers found it before that site

And this time both unlockables and starters are being revealed in random order

And as for the character he present for hype for x and y mewtwo is the most likely his mega form was introduced in the movie before mega forms were even revealed and mewtwo is the most famus of gen 6 at this point and most popular and finally fits sakurai interview about how pokemon are chosen most of them all

Oh and ofcoarse sakurai blabbermouthing that he is considering mewtwo

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
If there's any returning characters that need an overhaul TL is high on that list. Sakurai and the rest of the development team really need to do a better job of differentiating TL from Link instead of just making him a smaller and faster (better) version of Link once again.
like i keep saying its not the final character design of all of them to be exact anywway so don't count sakurai down yet until TL offical gameplay

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I'll look on the bright side and assume that, instead of forcing someone else out to make room, Toon Link's inclusion is evidence that Smash 4 will have a large roster. Also, his model looks great.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yaaaay, my most hated character in Brawl is back...woohoo...

Also makes me worry that if Sakurai is cutting characters, and he sees TOON LINK as a cut above those on the danger list...what decent character might actually get cut?

I'm just hoping he won't be a clone again. If they can change up Luigi even more, why not Toon Link?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
...I'll just look on the bright side and believe that if Sakurai is limiting the roster and Toon Link made it in, then there's a damn good reason for it.

**** all the disbelievers. Toon Link has enough stuff from his own games that would make him a very unique fighter if they were just given the time to figure out how to best include and implement all of it. I think what happened with Brawl was just that they ran out of time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm totally okay with semi-clones... It makes sense that Falco and Fox are similar because they trained at the same academy, it makes sense that Mario and Luigi are similar because they are brothers, it makes sense that Link and Toon/Ness and Lucas are similar because the latter is the reincarnation of the former, etc. The only one that doesn't make that much sense is Ganondorf and Captain Falcon but, hey, whatever...Honestly, I think they did a good job with implementing the semi-clones in Brawl. Aside from lazy final smashes for Toon Link and the Spacies, they all played like unique characters and were significantly more unique than the copy and paste characters we got in Melee.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I expect the next character to be announced the 11th of October, since the 12th (when X and Y come out) is a Saturday. Honestly though, all previous smash Pokemon other than pichu have great new relevance in X Y.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wow, I'm surprised at all the hate for Tink...

He was a very loose semi-clone in Brawl, having a completely different aerial game and playstyle (certainly an improvement in that dept over Y. Link)... I don't personally expect him to change THAT much from his Brawl version, but there's a chance moves from other entries in the "toon" series are included to further declone him.

I think it's safe to say that he'll always be saddled as a semi-clone, but that's not a terrible thing. There's no reason to be upset that semi-clones come back for this game.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
You have no idea how much I love this reveal simply because of your statement. Especially when I argue on Miiverse, people try to put so much logic in the fact that a Toon Link already exists in the stages back ground so he can't be a real character right? I wish people would stop trying to put some sort of "logic" into things like this. Of course when you use Donkey Kong as a precedent it doesn't count.

Man if we get hazard and playable Ridley I will be over joyed.
I'm actually excited by your point because Ridley can be a stage hazard an a playable character, however unlikely that may be.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Not a fan of this reveal. There are way more unique versions of Link out there. If Nintendo doesn't luigify this little dude fast (Which, judging by his picks, is already a loose hope) I will be sore and label Toon Link a horrendous waste. We haven't seen his 'new' side special for Final Smash yet, both of which could be unique, but that doesn't constitute a worthy character.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

He was a very loose semi-clone in Brawl, having a completely different aerial game and playstyle (certainly an improvement in that dept over Y. Link)... I don't personally expect him to change THAT much from his Brawl version, but there's a chance moves from other entries in the "toon" series are included to further declone him.

I think it's safe to say that he'll always be saddled as a semi-clone, but that's not a terrible thing. There's no reason to be upset that semi-clones come back for this game.
exactly and besides whos to say his movesets will stay youll never know also yall all crying for wolf certain characters so forth that have or are clones yet hate them

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Common sense, I missed you!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I wonder if they'll do something like make Toon Link disappear from the Spirit Tracks stage if someone is playing as Toon Link.

Probably we'll find out soon enough, since if that's not the case, Sakurai won't be able to resist using Toon Link next to Engineer Link as a Pic of the Day.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if they'll do something like make Toon Link disappear from the Spirit Tracks stage if someone is playing as Toon Link.

Probably we'll find out soon enough, since if that's not the case, Sakurai won't be able to resist using Toon Link next to Engineer Link as a Pic of the Day.
I don't see any reason why he should since their not the same people anyway (and their not even wearing the same clothes) so they can easily coexist without problems. (plus it would be dangerous to fight on a moving train that isn't being used by anyone, then again, there are no controls on that train that ST Link is driving...)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
- Pikmin 3 = Olimar confirmed for Smash 4
- Year of Luigi (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, New Super Luigi U, & Mario & Luigi Dream Team) = Luigi confirmed for Smash 4
- Wind Waker HD = Toon Link confirmed for Smash 4

Toon Link completely confirmed the pattern for me, with Peach being an outlier. We just have to get a new Pokémon character confirmed by the time Pokémon X & Y show up.

Also, since Nintendo is collaborating with Sega for 3 more Sonic games, Sonic will likely be reconfirmed when Sonic Lost World comes out. Smash 4 might even be the unrevealed 3rd game in that collab deal. At this point, it's going to be sheer madness if he doesn't show up, whether others want him to or not.

That probably won't happen. Because the Engineer Link is actually a different Toon Link from the one Smash lets you play as. Spirit Tracks takes place a century after Phantom Hourglass, so the ST stage has its own Toon Link while the playable one is from WW & PH.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I thought Toon Link was all but cut.

He's one of my mains, so I'm definitely glad he's back.

D

Deleted member

After seeing Toon Link back so early, my fingers are crossed they don't go soul calibur v ape **** on us. All we need is for those fools at Namco to persuade Sakurai into having a character that uses all the movesets, and swaps movesets each death, a charachter that uses all female movesets, a character that uses all male movesets, and for no reason a random square to eat up roster slots.

Also because the creators of SCV are working on this game, expect such characters as Alpha Mario, Omega Peach, or Gamma Bowser.

“Prepare yourself.
- Ike (2008-2013)

D

Deleted member

After seeing Toon Link back so early, my fingers are crossed they don't go soul calibur v ape **** on us. All we need is for those fools at Namco to persuade Sakurai into having a character that uses all the movesets, and swaps movesets each death, a charachter that uses all female movesets, a character that uses all male movesets, and for no reason a random square to eat up roster slots.

“Prepare yourself.
- Ike (2008-2013)
But wouldn't that cause some balance issues? And wouldn't that be difficult to implement?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Damn hypocrite. >_>

We've known they have been showing off characters with games for a while now. So anything you've been telling people was something everyone already knew. Good job Captain Obvious.

Also, the characters aren't chosen because of advertisement. The characters are shown as advertisement. If the roster was picked on advertising, we would have seen Wonder Red by now.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The problem with multiple character reveals is that there are only 2 slots left on the website. Unless they just add more slots... But I'm happy he's in it. I had a feeling he would return but I did not expect for him to be revealed. At least, not before Zelda.

The thing that does bother me is that it looks like his movesets haven't changed judging from the few screens. Maybe later on Sakurai will unveil more about the changes brought to Toon Link, I'd hope. This also leads me to believe the game is indeed being rushed out the door to a point that they wouldn't have time to alter or change characters movesets- at least not incrementally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom