• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I liked Spirit Tracks and I think it had some merits. The Zelda in this game was probably one of my favorite incarnations and I liked that she was actually involved in the story for a change instead of "working behind the scenes."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I liked Spirit Tracks and I think it had some merits. The Zelda in this game was probably one of my favorite incarnations and I liked that she was actually involved in the story for a change instead of "working behind the scenes."
Spirit Tracks was a huge improvement over Phantom Hourglass, honestly. Still wasn't the best, though.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Spirit tracks is a superb game in my opinion, also having one of the greatest soundtracks of any game, especially dat final boss battle music!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope it's a new stage. Those are the only things I want to see.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Those "only touch screen controls" killed the DS Zelda games, ugh.
Good thing we got A Link Between Worlds.
Those "I can't adapt to new, intuitive control schemes" people killed the DS Zelda games, ugh. Seriously, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks had awesome controls. Those games have been the only Zeldas I've liked.

majora_787

Smash Hero
King Dedede's nose next to dizzy Luigi.

That or maybe an item redesign or inside look at another existing stage.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Those games had bad control schemes, if only KI:U got more reception with the controls. :(
I agree that the recticle shouldn't be touch based but....

I adapted just like I do with anything, I use the L button and down d-pad easily, and I can use the stylus just fine... or my finger. and I have big hands..... no excuses blue :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You guys are off topic. Again. Be careful with that.
You're backseat modding. Again. Be careful with that.

Seriously, are you new here or something? We always do this. It's how these threads go. If the staff thinks it's going too far, they'll say something about it.

No one needs you to try act like an authority figure.

JediLink

Smash Ace
I found the touchscreen controls to be fairly inoffensive, but PH and ST are still mediocre Zelda games and towards the bottom of the series.

A Link Between Worlds is awesome though and every bit worthy of being the sequel to A Link to the Past. My only complaint with it is that it's way too easy. Getting new bottles and heart containers feels meaningless because you're very, very rarely going to be low on health.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Just to let you know, your sig is unbelievably distracting. It made browsing these forums at work today incredibly awkward.
That's one way to put it.

@ PreacherDudeRox PreacherDudeRox , may I suggest adding [ collapse=NSFW ] [ /collapse ]?
Or just choosing not to have your identifying image be a misogynistic doodle of a random anime girl whose sole purpose for existing is to help set women back 40 years and give nerds something to ****-off to.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're backseat modding. Again. Be careful with that.

Seriously, are you new here or something? We always do this. It's how these threads go. If the staff thinks it's going too far, they'll say something about it.

No one needs you to try act like an authority figure.
Don't chastise someone for warning people the conversation is off-topic. He didn't do more than that. The mods can't be everywhere all the time.

What does everything think Monday with be?
We're overdue for a new Wii U stage, and I don't really suspect that's what we'll get, but that's what I want.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Don't chastise someone for warning people the conversation is off-topic. He didn't do more than that. The mods can't be everywhere all the time.
That's honestly a really weak excuse, but whatever you say.

Backseat modding, HO~! =D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's honestly a really weak excuse, but whatever you say.

Backseat modding, HO~! =D
No worse than justifying being off topic because no one in that specific instance told you not to be. :smirk:

Let's not pretend cautioning a thread that they're off-topic is unacceptable.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No worse than justifying being off topic because no one in that specific instance told you not to be. :smirk:

Let's not pretend cautioning a thread that they're off-topic is unacceptable.
If no one said not to and it's not harming anyone, might as well reach for the stars. =D

Seriously though, it's perfectly fine to caution people as long as you aren't a pretentious prick about it when you're in no position to act as such. That's what I was saying. XD

The last time I saw him do that, it just amounted to "I don't like what's going on right now! You guys better get back on topic or I'll tell a Mod on you!". Warning a thread to be on topic is fine and all, but that right there...isn't exactly an example anyone wants to follow. Granted, he didn't outright say it like that this time, the "Be careful about that" part gave off those implications as if he was warning people that he'd do something if it happened again.

You're not seriously thinking that someone wouldn't have a problem with the way that came off, are you?

Long story short: It's not what he said, it's the way he said it. ¦D

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
While we're off topic talking about people telling other people to not be off topic being defended in an off topic way, might as well link this. http://gaminrealm.com/2014/01/23/nintendo-stock-returns-normal/
Not sure if anyone here cares about Nintendo's stocks or financial situation, but it's good news, i guess.
It's semi important, since how people perceive Nintendo and the Wii U determines sales. It sucks that no one is reporting its rise, because that just means every still thinks Nintendo is doing poorly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
While we're off topic talking about people telling other people to not be off topic being defended in an off topic way, might as well link this. http://gaminrealm.com/2014/01/23/nintendo-stock-returns-normal/
Not sure if anyone here cares about Nintendo's stocks or financial situation, but it's good news, i guess.
This would probably be better in the Social Thread considering the timing (Even though there's really nothing of significance that's on topic to talk about in here until Sunday late night at this point), but that's...neat. If this is true, I wonder why it wasn't brought up earlier. o_o

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If no one said not to and it's not harming anyone, might as well reach for the stars. =D

Seriously though, it's perfectly fine to caution people as long as you aren't a pretentious prick about it when you're in no position to act as such. That's what I was saying. XD

The last time I saw him do that, it just amounted to "I don't like what's going on right now! You guys better get back on topic or I'll tell a Mod on you!". Warning a thread to be on topic is fine and all, but that right there...isn't exactly an example anyone wants to follow. Granted, he didn't outright say it like that this time, the "Be careful about that" part gave off those implications as if he was warning people that he'd do something if it happened again.

You're not seriously thinking that someone wouldn't have a problem with the way that came off, are you?

Long story short: It's not what he said, it's the way he said it. ¦D
[collapse=Not particularly on topic]I don't see how responding in a debatably antagonistic manner regardless of his phrasing will quell the problem. You think basically "we don't have to listen to you, we always break the rules!" is going to get him to be more docile or less "pretentious" in the future?

I get how feeling you're being bossed around by someone with no more authority than you can be annoying, but responding like that isn't exactly going to help keep the situation from escalating. Especially since he was right. He's advocating not to be off topic and you're defending being off-topic because you don't have to listen to him and because you didn't like how he said it. You don't have to listen to him, but you do have to listen to the general rules, and just because there's a lot of off-topic-ness doesn't mean it's acceptable. He was just bringing up the rules, he wasn't making his own.

There's a time and a place to disagree with something warning others how to act, and it's not when all that's being done is advising the thread return to topic. Even if you had a problem with his words, is it really worth potentially starting something? It's not like he was going on and on about it or actually reprimanding anyone.[/collapse]

In any case, I don't want to divert the attention of the thread any longer, so that's about all I have to say on it. If you still have more to say we can talk privately.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
[collapse=Not particularly on topic]I don't see how responding in a debatably antagonistic manner regardless of his phrasing will quell the problem. You think basically "we don't have to listen to you, we always break the rules!" is going to get him to be more docile or less "pretentious" in the future?

I get how feeling you're being bossed around by someone with no more authority than you can be annoying, but responding like that isn't exactly going to help keep the situation from escalating. Especially since he was right. He's advocating not to be off topic and you're defending being off-topic because you don't have to listen to him and because you didn't like how he said it. You don't have to listen to him, but you do have to listen to the general rules, and just because there's a lot of off-topic-ness doesn't mean it's acceptable. He was just bringing up the rules, he wasn't making his own.

There's a time and a place to disagree with something warning others how to act, and it's not when all that's being done is advising the thread return to topic. Even if you had a problem with his words, is it really worth potentially starting something? It's not like he was going on and on about it or actually reprimanding anyone.[/collapse]

In any case, I don't want to divert the attention of the thread any longer, so that's about all I have to say on it. If you still have more to say we can talk privately.
Uh, N3ON, I don't think your collapse tag worked quite like you planned. o_o'

Edit: Scratch that. It's fine now. False alarm. XD;

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I've been wanting to hear some good news about Nintendo for quite some time now. I'm glad to hear at least something positive reported.
Although they have made a lot of poor decisions lately...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope we get to see a new stage for the WiiU version next week. I wanna see the Kirby and Star Fox stages.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Those games had bad control schemes, if only KI:U got more reception with the controls. :(
No they didn't, and KI: Uprising has awesome controls, you people need to stop being so stiff and 'exclusive' with your control schemes and atart having fun without calling every single new, creative thing a gimmick. The fear of innovating is why we have companies like EA.

And I don't care what anyone says, PH and ST were amazing games and probably the only Zelda games that I've actually had fun playing.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
No they didn't, and KI: Uprising has awesome controls, you people need to stop being so stiff and 'exclusive' with your control schemes and atart having fun without calling every single new, creative thing a gimmick. The fear of innovating is why we have companies like EA.

And I don't care what anyone says, PH and ST were amazing games and probably the only Zelda games that I've actually had fun playing.
Do you like telling people what to have fun with? What does it feel like?

I like all controls set ups as long as I can input all my desired options with precision and haste.

Some control set ups are awkward and hurt my wrists I don't enjoy that.

I am okay with new control schemes but they have to be logical,ergonomic and fun.

Some control schemes are new but are hard to use.

Controls don't always need to be different. They are only used for imputing actions.

The game should have more attention than controls.

In other words I would rather have a thoughtfully enjoyable game rather than some new way of imputing actions.

Down with linear don't fix what is not broke EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom