• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Now we wait for Hades to take over for Viridi in the background. :troll:
Remove the troll face.

Friends and fellow forces of nature! Hope is not lost! Our gracious goddess may have time in between ridding earths of human scum to join the fray! Let us shout loudly into the heavens and praise her! VI- RI- DI! VI- RI- DI!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Friends and fellow forces of nature! Hope is not lost! Our gracious goddess may have time in between ridding earths of human scum to join the fray! Let us shout loudly into the heavens and praise her! VI- RI- DI! VI- RI- DI!
I like Viridi and all, but it just isn't happening.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Just so you know, the Link from Wind Waker and the Link from Spirit tracks are two completely different people, so Wind Waker Link fighting on the Spirit Train stage shouldn't really affect what Spirit Tracks Link does in the slightest, especially since they both look aesthetically different enough. Some people just find this move to be a little unnecessary but ah well...
But not the general public. They wouldn't understand the difference.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nah I just ignored it =P.

I know viridi isn't likely to get in this smash game or the next couple. She's a side character in a small franchise unlikely to get another installment any time soon. Within the one game out of three she appeared in, she's the only main God without an in game model (excluding idols). That being said, she's my pipe dream.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Nah I just ignored it =P.

I know viridi isn't likely to get in this smash game or the next couple. She's a side character in a small franchise unlikely to get another installment any time soon. Within the one game out of three she appeared in, she's the only main God without an in game model (excluding idols). That being said, she's my pipe dream.
Thank you for being realistic; we need more of this.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Wow...I thought the recent "ledgegrab mechanics changed" Miiverse post caused enough reactions, but this Alfonzo Miiverse update takes the cake for SSB4! XD As others have said, the switch seems kind of unnecessary, considering that 4 of the same character can fight at the same time (although multi-species characters like Pikachu and Yoshi don't have this problem; for other characters, I personally usually hand-wave my 'duplicate' foes away as either Shadow Bug clones and/or malicious transformed Ditto :p) and that Wind Waker Link and Spirit Tracks Link are canonically different anyways..

So, then what's going to happen if the 75m stage returns in SSB4? 5 Donkey Kongs present on stage (4 fighting, 1 causing a ruckus in the background), or the "background" DK gets switched (which I doubt will happen)? There's the issue that "1981 Arcade Donkey Kong" is surmised to actually be Cranky Kong in his youth (which differs depending on the game, but Snake's Codec Conversation concerning Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros. Brawl supports the "Cranky Kong = Arcade Donkey Kong" concept), but if you're going to make this "Toon Link or Alfonzo" edit so that some ignorant people of the 'general public' won't get confused, it helps to be consistent... I would imagine that some people think of "1981 arcade Donkey Kong" being the same as playable Donkey Kong (despite the difference in art).

And then there's Jungle Japes (which features a Cranky Kong cameo in the background).. If you go by Donkey Kong's Trophy data in Super Smash Bros. Melee (which cites the 1981 Donkey Kong game as an appearance), then technically you can have 5 Cranky Kongs on Jungle Japes (4 fighting in their "youth", one moseying about in his old age) in Melee.

In any case, very neat update that potentially gives background characters a glimmer of hope for confirmation (although given that SSB4 is "still in development", I'll wait until the final release to see this Alfonzo.. Don't want to get my hopes up on something that can easily be scrapped..). Also, here's hoping that "Engineer Spirit Tracks Link" shows up as an alternate costume for Toon Link (in addition to Wind Waker's "Outset Link" as an alternate costume).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
But not the general public. They wouldn't understand the difference.
I guess so, especially looking back at the crap Toon Link went through after E3 and before his reveal. But meh, I thought they did a pretty decent job differentiating the two by using one's DS model and the playable one having the more detailed version, as well as using different clothing for the both of them.

Ah well, at least this opens up the chance for Toon Link to get the Conductor outfit as an alternate costume now that we know the two of them can't be together in the same place. If Sakurai makes alternate costumes more of a thing rather than keeping it Wario (And Wii Fit Trainer and most probably Villager) exclusive. I'd like to see Toon Link have that as well as the Outset Island clothing as his alternate costumes.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Well, Bomberman was already in Brawl...oh wait...

Bomberman should clearly be in, Wario's Universe needs a second rep. :troll:

I can just imagine if Ridley or Palutenia is in the background on Monday....today's pic will make for fun times.

iHook

Smash Cadet
So when Ridley is playable on Pyrosphere, he is replaced as a stage hazard by Toad.....unless of course there is a Peach playing as well. In that case the stage hazard becomes Glover.

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess so, especially looking back at the crap Toon Link went through after E3 and before his reveal. But meh, I thought they did a pretty decent job differentiating the two by using one's DS model and the playable one having the more detailed version, as well as using different clothing for the both of them.

Ah well, at least this opens up the chance for Toon Link to get the Conductor outfit as an alternate costume now that we know the two of them can't be together in the same place. If Sakurai makes alternate costumes more of a thing rather than keeping it Wario (And Wii Fit Trainer and most probably Villager) exclusive. I'd like to see Toon Link have that as well as the Outset Island clothing as his alternate costumes.
I honestly feel as if Sakurai is going to keep costumes limited to 1 per person. In that case, as Toon Link predominantly represents the Wind Waker incarnation, I find that his Outset Island clothing is much more likely. That is just me though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I honestly feel as if Sakurai is going to keep costumes limited to 1 per person. In that case, as Toon Link predominantly represents the Wind Waker incarnation, I find that his Outset Island clothing is much more likely. That is just me though.
Yeah I agree, he will most likely have at least one alternate costume if he does get one. And yeah, I think the Outset clothing is the most likely one too.

Though at this point, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if he somehow got the Conductor outfit instead or as well too, but it's probably less likely... I really wouldn't mind getting them both though. :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I agree with this sentiment, the only one I really tried to get into was Spirit Tracks. In fact, I haven't touched A Link Between Worlds as I am worried about the controls.
A Link Between Worlds went back to traditional controls so I'm not exactly sure what you are worried about. Care to fill in?

Morbi

Scavenger
A Link Between Worlds went back to traditional controls so I'm not sure what exactly you are worried about. Care to fill in?
I am worried about not being able to control my character easily. Spirit Tracks really attenuated my enjoyment for Zelda games not on a home console (it wasn't like I was exactly excited about handheld Zelda either). Now I have something against the whole 2D plane or over the head camera. I just don't trust it. Not anymore. :urg:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I am worried about not being able to control my character easily. Spirit Tracks really attenuated my enjoyment for Zelda games not on a home console (it wasn't like I was exactly excited about handheld Zelda either). Now I have something against the whole 2D plane or over the head camera. I just don't trust it. Not anymore. :urg:
Well if it makes you feel any better, the game controls really well and is nothing like the DS Zelda's. Like I said, it went back to the traditional controls. You use the Circle pad instead of the Touch screen to move and the overall gameplay is more fluid too. At least to me it was. I think you should give the game a chance as I personally found it to be a really enjoyable experience (although a little on the short side).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He just said there were no touch screen controls, so why don't you give the game a try before criticizing it?

You cannot speak ill of the game before trying it.

Morbi

Scavenger
He just said there were no touch screen controls, so why don't you give the game a try before criticizing it?

You cannot speak ill of the game before trying it.
I didn't necessarily speak ill of the game, I just had some personal concerns. It wasn't really a game that I wanted to go out and buy to test out whether or not the controls are horrific. However, I was genuinely interested in the game prior to this discussion. So I may give it a try, it will have to wait for the time being, but nevertheless, I am going to put it in my "potential purchases" list.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I agree with this sentiment, the only one I really tried to get into was Spirit Tracks. In fact, I haven't touched A Link Between Worlds as I am worried about the controls.
A Link Between Worlds controls are excellent and smooth i didn't had any problem with them, you should play it, in my opinion ALBW is the truly handheld succesor of The Minish Cap.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had no problem in playing the DS Zeldas. The touch screen controls didn't bother me one bit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I had no problem in playing the DS Zeldas. The touch screen controls didn't bother me one bit.
Yeah I had little trouble adapting to the controls of the DS Zelda's either. I think I know why they went with that control scheme though, if I recall correctly, people complained about how they hated the plus control pad and how klunky it made things feel when people played Super Mario 64 DS but the touch screen control did make movement a little smoother for them. So Nintendo took that into account and used that for the DS Zelda's instead.

So really, wether they went with with the plus control pad or the touch screen, people would have probably still complained about the DS Zelda's in terms of the controls. So essentially I guess the DS just wasn't a good enough system for a 3D Zelda really. But I guess that's just me speculating really. I did personally enjoy Spirit Tracks though, though less for Phantom Hourglass but that was moreso because of the overall game itself rather than just the controls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom