• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ridley fans have another piece of evidence to shoot down their opponents.
This is kind of odd, but is Links hair lighter in the new picture?

Nothing important but I noticed.
I think it's the lighting. Note that Battlefield a has a sunset theme, while it's the middle of the day on the Spirit Train stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. Sakurai, you done did it now.
Yep. Things are only going to go downhill from here.

Probably starting with Viridi being in the Reset Bomb stage. Ugh.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
"Pic of the day. Here's a new Assist Trophy--the Skull Kid! I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!"
-Masahiro Sakurai

Alfonzo is not on the website.
what is your point here?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This update showed us a unique mechanic where I was just wanting to eventually see three versions of Link on-screen at once. I can't say I'm unhappy with this one even if it is a fairly small reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh you know what'd be awesome?

If there was a stage with a playable character in the background

BUT if you picked that character that background started going nuts. Like stuff breaking apart or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are saying this doesn't mean anything

Remember, Toon Link was shown on the train BEFORE he was a character. And he wasn't deconfirmed

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
what is your point here?
Alfonzo is deconfirmed by him being in the screenshot but not on the website. Sakurai has never been vague with character reveals. Here is the text from the latest picture.

Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

If Alfonzo was a new character, Sakurai would have said so.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alfonzo is deconfirmed by him being in the screenshot but not on the website. Sakurai has never been vague with character reveals. Here is the text from the latest picture.
Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

If Alfonzo was a new character, Sakurai would have said so.
But Toon Link was shown in that same background before being revealed

and wasn't deconfirmed

Alfonzo is next in smash

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
But Toon Link was shown in that same background before being revealed

and wasn't deconfirmed

Alfonzo is next in smash
"When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train"

Alfonzo's purpose is to take Toon Link's place as conductor when Toon Link is in the game so there are not two Toon Links.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train"

Alfonzo's purpose is to take Toon Link's place as conductor when Toon Link is in the game so there are not two Toon Links.
Well, the player just didn't select Toon Link AND Alfanzo

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why does Alfonzo have an outline?
I think it's just the way the shot is taken. I don't think it's an outline in the same way the characters have them.

However, I feel like things are about to get messy because people won't care about making sense.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's clever for sure, but would it really be that bad for Toon (WW) Link and his descendant from Spirit Tracks to be on the stage at the same time?

Adult OOT Link and Young OOT Link fought each other in Melee and they were pretty much the same being.

I could understand if people would get confused between conductor Link and the playable Links on the stage when looking at a distance and considering the 3DS's smaller screen, but still.

It also brings up interesting questions.

What if Dreamland from SSB64 returns?

Will Dedede be in the background like usual if there are no Dededes already in the fight?

----

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
It's clever for sure, but would it really be that bad for Toon (WW) Link and his descendant from Spirit Tracks to be on the stage at the same time?

Adult OOT Link and Young OOT fought each other in Melee and they there pretty much the same being.

I could understand if people would get confused between conductor Link and the playable Links on the stage when looking at a distance and considering the 3DS's smaller screen, but still.

Will Dedede be in the background like usual if there are no Dededes already in the fight?

----
I don't have a problem with two Toon Links. I'm guessing Sakurai did it just to avoid confusion with two Toon Links on the screen at the same time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Adult OOT Link and Young OOT fought each other in Melee and they there pretty much the same being.

----
WW Link is one of the few Link's that isn't an incarnation of the Hero of time

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Damnit, Sakurai, people are never going to let this update go now, ugh. People are already blowing it way out of proportion, it seems. Honestly, if Sakurai has already shown a specific character in the background of a stage, I think it's still fairly safe to say that they're deconfirmed. Toon Link is a special case because that is literally a different Toon Link. Clearly Sakurai just didn't want to deal with time paradoxes - and I mean, really, the guy already has enough on his plate, can we blame him? :p Seriously, though. I guess arguments for other special cases could be made, but I think, in most cases, Sakurai's "The characters announced on the website are the fighters!" quote supersedes this one.

More and more, I wish for an undeniable Ridley confirmation/deconfirmation *weeps in the corner*

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So uh Ridley hazard and Ridley playable are possible? Sounds right to me!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ha, I knew it! Though I forgot the names fo the people who said that conductor toon Link wouldn't move so I can't gloat properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom