• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it's just the way the shot is taken. I don't think it's an outline in the same way the characters have them.

However, I feel like things are about to get messy because people won't care about making sense.
I think it's just the cell shading style of PT.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys, I got something that will help you out with the outline debate...

It appears characters in Spirit Tracks have a sort of "outline" ingame, created by their shading.

Alfonzo's is probably a variation of that.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm going to be honest here, but I don't really like 3DS pictures. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good looking 3DS game, and I like seeing cool things like that Viridi picture yesterday, but when I see the Wii U pics as well, the handheld version looks kind of bad in comparison. I'm sure it'll look fantastic when I play it, and Sakurai agrees, he said that the 3DS pics on the site don't do the version justice.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Interesting. Obviously everyone is thinking of Ridley now.
I guess this will happen in StarFox stages too, if I remember correctly in Melee and Brawl when you activated that codec thing you'd see only the characters not present on the stage talking. So I guess this isn't totally a new thing. It will be funny though to see even more important characters having this gimmick, like Mario or Link appearing on Mario Galaxy and Skyloft somehow if they're not be played.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not sure what the point of that was since they are two different Link's and they looked different enough easthetically but ah well... I guess the conductor outfit is now also a possibility for Toon Link assuming he gets any alternate costumes..... :T

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
eh, i'd like to believe it's a descendant thing. i think it's a time paradox to see your grandchildren before you have children, or something :p

and you're way late smashiny

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
eh, i'd like to believe it's a descendant thing. i think it's a time paradox to see your grandchildren before you have children, or something :p

and you're way late smashiny
Well to be fair, we do have Wind waker Link and Twilight Princess Link together and they are from two completely different timelines, not to mention Ocarina of Time Adult Link and Young Link in Melee, Smash has seen quite a few paradoxes with the Link's for quite a while now....

Ah well, there goes my anticipated *Link fights Link on Link's train while Link watches* match....

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Well to be fair, we do have Wind waker Link and Twilight Princess Link together and they are from two completely different timelines, not to mention Ocarina of Time Adult Link and Young Link in Melee, Smash has seen quite a few paradoxes with the Link's for quite a while now....
shhhhshshhh just let it happen... it's alll gonna be okayy.........

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anything, I think Sakurai only did this to avoid any Toon Link confusions. This may not even change anything with the other stage elements.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Now this. . . Sakurai's picture of the day is like rubbing salty rags on the ravaged faces of the "TOON LINK PILOTS TRAIN TOON LINK DECONFIRMED" group, especially if they're still resentful of his return.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well, its not game changing, but it's a neat detail that prevents there from being 5 Links on the screen.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So uh Ridley hazard and Ridley playable are possible? Sounds right to me!
Depends upon what you're talking about when you zay "hazard". If he is a hazard in line with Yellow Devil or past characters like Dialgia/Palkia, then no; I don't think he could be both a hazard and a playable character. If we are talking about just a background characters -- flying around and causing chaos behind the stage -- then, as we've seen today, he could easily be a background character and playable (e.g. Red Arremer in the Graveyard stage for UMvC3).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yea... this wouldn't be misunderstood or overstated at all >>

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's about time they show what happen to toon link. As the conductor

So Alfonzo took his place so toon link was mean't to be deconfirmed after all. I guess sakurai changed his mind

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's about time they show what happen to toon link. As the conductor

So Alfonzo took his place so toon link was mean't to be deconfirmed after all. I guess sakurai changed his mind
How does Alfonzo's existence mean that Toon Link was planned to be cut? On the contrary, looks more like he wanted Toon Link to stay but also have that stage so he decided to simply replace Conductor Link whenever Toon Link is put into play. Either that or he may have wanted to give Toon Link the Conductors outfit as an alternate costume... But that's just my own speculation.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I don't see the big fuss. It makes sense to have TL replaced if he's being played as. Its as simple as that. Who's gonna drive the train when he isn't?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see the big fuss. It makes sense to have TL replaced if he's being played as. Its as simple as that. Who's gonna drive the train when he isn't?
There was a time when we though "Spirit Tracks" Link de-confirmed Toon Link (which ended up false). People are saying this is just putting salt in the wound...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just so you know, the Link from Wind Waker and the Link from Spirit tracks are two completely different people, so Wind Waker Link fighting on the Spirit Train stage shouldn't really affect what Spirit Tracks Link does in the slightest, especially since they both look aesthetically different enough. Some people just find this move to be a little unnecessary but ah well...

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's more of a justification for other characters like Viridi who is a background character or Ridley who there is concerned is going to be a background character to be playable.

It's kind of a strench in most situation, but strenching situations is what we do best around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom