• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I really liked both Kongo Jungles - and (Melee) Jungle Japes as well. Guess our taste in stages differs a lot.
I was reffering to the more recent ones, I actually really liked kongo jungle. Melee was ok, 75m and Rumble falls just no.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Donkey Kong stages have always sucked honestly. Both Kongo Jungles are all over the place (the Melee one at least has that rad rap), Jungle Japes is horrifyingly bad and was my least favorite stage in Melee, Rumble Falls is so chaotic that you almost don't get to fight at all, and 75m is possibly the worst stage ever.

It's not that I'm one of those "only competitive stages or bust" guys, I like stages like Summit and Brinstar Depths because they're fun. Donkey Kong stages are never fun though. I hope that this game can break the curse.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
It'd be cool if they got a silhouette stage from DKCR/TF to work, that would be awesome. We might see a new DK stage once Diddy gets announced. While it's not the same exact situation, we didn't have any Mario stages for awhile until just before Rosalina was confirmed.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
It'd be cool if they got a silhouette stage from DKCR/TF to work, that would be awesome. We might see a new DK stage once Diddy gets announced. While it's not the same exact situation, we didn't have any Mario stages for awhile until just before Rosalina was confirmed.
Oh that'd be awesome. Seeing what part of the character sticks out on the silhouette will be fun too (like, Samus' visor or Mega Man's eyes).

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I feel the reveals are escalating. Hopefully this next week we get more juicy information. Maybe retro stages will be confirmed to return, from more than just Brawl. I feel like the weeks are starting to go 4 out of 5 pictures are new information while the one is a fun and jokey one.

On a side note, if Delfino doesn't return, I'll be a sad salmon.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
A silhouette stage would kinda be problematic for a character like Mr. Game & Watch (Unless they find some kind of a loop hole then count me in).

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The galaxy art-style didn't stop them at all (and it seems more difficult to do), If they wanted they could.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Don't chastise someone for warning people the conversation is off-topic. He didn't do more than that. The mods can't be everywhere all the time.

We're overdue for a new Wii U stage, and I don't really suspect that's what we'll get, but that's what I want.
I'd like to see a new Zelda Wii U stage. Skyloft hasn't exactly...wow'd me yet. Geudro Valley is great, but I'm not particular to run off stage, which is what both of those stages are.

And in case anyone is wondering, the reason I warn people that the thread becomes off topic is because yes, it's in the general rules to not be off topic. People will get in trouble the more it persists, so I warn them for that particular reason. Not because I'm power hungry.

Secondly, I'm sure some people will agree with me that it's very annoying to come to a thread specially looking for discussions on the topic of the thread, and find nothing your looking for after 6 pages. It's a waste of my time, as well as anyone else's. So yes, if you are breaking the rules, I will report it. That's not to be a ****, it's because you agreed to rules set before you started even posting. The rules are in place to prevent annoying things like that from happening in the first place.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
...there's something ugly about you, LOL. You have to be that kid who was known for being a tattletale, hahaha. Come on, it's not like you can't just CHANGE the subject; you're acting like you can't just start talking about what's relevant again.
Your opinion of me isn't a point worth stating, first of all.

Secondly what you're stating doesn't make sense. I'm not acting like anything. The point is there's a difference between having a page of off topic discussion, and 6 pages being off topic. Its unnecessary and annoying. It's as simple as that.

A few off the topic posts will happen. But you should be able to catch yourself after those. As N3ON stated, I'm just following rules, not enforcing /making them.

Anywho, I am loving all the recent Zelda and Rosalina pictures.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Silouette stages would be ballin! Just problematic for team fights or color swaps imo. Unless like others suggested, they are outlined in their respective color. Really all they'd need to do is copy the outlining code from the 3DS (not a programing buff, but i assume that if they can outline like on 3DS, they could on Wii U) and apply it to a colored outline of their character. I really hope sakurai goes the extra mile with stuff like this. Actually, expect it with the lack of an SSE, which I'm grateful for.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Silouette stages would be ballin! Just problematic for team fights or color swaps imo. Unless like others suggested, they are outlined in their respective color. Really all they'd need to do is copy the outlining code from the 3DS (not a programing buff, but i assume that if they can outline like on 3DS, they could on Wii U) and apply it to a colored outline of their character. I really hope sakurai goes the extra mile with stuff like this. Actually, expect it with the lack of an SSE, which I'm grateful for.

That's a really neat idea! I'm hoping the electricity affect returns to the N64 days where your skeleton would show.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion of me isn't a point worth stating, first of all.

Secondly what you're stating doesn't make sense. I'm not acting like anything. The point is there's a difference between having a page of off topic discussion, and 6 pages being off topic. Its unnecessary and annoying. It's as simple as that.

A few off the topic posts will happen. But you should be able to catch yourself after those. As N3ON stated, I'm just following rules, not enforcing /making them.

Anywho, I am loving all the recent Zelda and Rosalina pictures.
Lol, alright man. You certainly know what you're talking about.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah Link, shake all you want, you're not gonna make me like your ridiculous search-a-thons with equally ridiculous, impossible-to-do-without-a-guide puzzles.
...I'm just going to take that wink of your avi and stride along.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I doubt it would happen though, considering they'd have to create bones for 40 characters, which I don't see them doing. It's probably just too difficult.

Besides, I'm sure we already have footage of an electric type attack landing on characters sadly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah Link, shake all you want, you're not gonna make me like your ridiculous search-a-thons with equally ridiculous, impossible-to-do-without-a-guide puzzles.

Lol, impossible to do with out a guide. The people who wrote the guides must have figured them out by themselves, you know. If they could, why couldn't you? There was a time where online guides didn't exist and players either figured the puzzles by themselves or simply quit the game.

That's the charm of the Zelda games. The games makes you think, observe and figure out the riddles and puzzles by yourself. That's where the fun is.

(Seriously, what's with most people today and their aversion to thinking? Inside our heads exists something called brain. It has many purposes, one in particular...)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Silhouette stages or Bust.Those were my favorite levels in DKCR. Id imagine that some specific parts could stick out (Mario's Hat, Link's Shield, Peach's Crown, Yoshi's scales/shoes{[?]Lol} etc) And the characters couldhave their whole "P#" thing above their head to indicate where they stand. Game and Watch can wear the symbolic bell of his.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Silhouette stages or Bust.Those were my favorite levels in DKCR. Id imagine that some specific parts could stick out (Mario's Hat, Link's Shield, Peach's Crown, Yoshi's scales/shoes{[?]Lol} etc) And the characters couldhave their whole "P#" thing above their head to indicate where they stand. Game and Watch can wear the symbolic bell of his.
Yeah.
I can't see that happening in a game in which four people can be on screen at once.

pitthekit

Smash Ace

Lol, impossible to do with out a guide. The people who wrote the guides must have figured them out by themselves, you know. If they could, why couldn't you? There was a time where online guides didn't exist and players either figured the puzzles by themselves or simply quit the game.

That's the charm of the Zelda games. The games makes you think, observe and figure out the riddles and puzzles by yourself. That's where the fun is.

(Seriously, what's with most people today and their aversion to thinking? Inside our heads exists something called brain. It has many purposes, one in particular...)
In the past you could call Nintendo for "advice" on how to perform certain commands for example: in super metroid the crystal flash ability was a super secret and you could only find out how to perform it if you called Nintendo hotline for the commands(which costed money)

People knew about the crystal flash ability because it was shown in the super metroid title screen intro.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
In the past you could call Nintendo for "advice" on how to perform certain commands for example: in super metroid the crystal flash ability was a super secret and you could only find out how to perform it if you called Nintendo hotline for the commands(which costed money)

People knew about the crystal flash ability because it was shown in the super metroid title screen intro.
There is a difference between that and solving the first dungeon of Skyward Sword.

What he said would have been a legitimate complaint for Kid Icarus, but certainly not LoZ.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think he was just joking...Maybe.

Not certain at all considering who we're talking about. >.>'

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Shouldn't certain parts of the characters be shown as well? like DK's tie and Diddy's hat in the original. Characters with weapons will have them pop out, so they're more visible, and characters without weapons will have misc highlighted clothing, or otherwise, like mario's hat, snake's headband, or Pikachu's cheeks.

Edit: just caught the post on it, oops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom