• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

...Is Sakurai aware that he's killing off the few hype which remains ?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He probably doesn't care much about the hype when we aren't even in the year of release. He's been holding attention a bit steady with a few veteran reveals, Sonic being the only hype-worthy reveal (and TL for the ones that play him,) but it probably won't take off for real until next year.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
My hype for sonic coming back wasn't that much. Mostly because his moves seem the same. Also in case some of you didn't know spin charge has a blue ring around it and spin dash has spikes around it. Both of these were shown, so that means sonic's move set is most likely gonna be the same.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My hype for sonic coming back wasn't that much. Mostly because his moves seem the same. Also in case some of you didn't know spin charge has a blue ring around it and spin dash has spikes around it. Both of these were shown, so that means sonic's move set is most likely gonna be the same.
Why should it change.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Every day there's an update, I feel like a child waking up on Christmas to receive to same gifts. Except for today, today was coal. I mean, it's great coal though, some high quality stuff

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo's probably sitting on him pretty hard to prevent him from stealing the hype from any of the upcoming games this holiday season. I've been saying this since June but I honestly don't expect the really buzzworthy stuff to start showing up until January.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The pics aren't always gonna reveal something ... nor did he say they would. They are what they are. If he feels (or is forced for marketing) to announce a character he will, or anything for that matter. He is not obligated to give us anything but everyone gets sour if what they see isn't always astounding. If it were then the game would mean nothing to us when it comes out. We have more than a year before it does, that's like 400 days (just taking a guess, probably a bit less) which means about a little less than that (350?) for weekends, not doing the math but you get the picture, a lot of pics of the day to go. He won't always have amazing stuff, especially now.

With that outta the way, Pikachu's foot looks really weird. Like what is he doing. I'll admit it's a lame picture, but whatever. Still kinda confused, but at least he's showing some 3DS for those who wanna see.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I'm aware he's not always going to reveal something, and I blame myself for hyping myself up in acknowledgement. I praise Sakurai for the hype, after all, his purposefully dull updates are perfect for me to be that much more satisfied when he does reveal something. I'm pretty curious about the follow-ups to the Metroid tease & that space stage with Kirby, todays update just makes me want them more haha

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The reason everyone's getting frustrated is because the Brawl dojo spoiled us... We were getting quality updates on a daily basis. Almost every update was a new item, piece of music, stage, etc. PLUS pictures and a description.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think another important thing to remember is that we had 3 character revealed in a very short amount of time. I figured we'd wait a while until another character reveal.

He did however seemingly have plans of revealing something for Pokémon X & Y, but wasn't allowed to do so by Game Freak for whatever reason, as presumably stated in the Japanese quote for the Xerneas picture. If that's true, then it's no wonder we feel like it's a long time since we saw anything new, as there's nothing planned for quite a while possibly.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@Wariofan1

I agree. The Pictures are there to show us the game, not reveal a character when we think they will. Sakurai, the master Troll, hates predictability.

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
I hope that's a throw of some sort. Anyway, how the **** are people going to be able to control smash on a DS properly? Are they going to plug in a GC controller or something?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope that's a throw of some sort. Anyway, how the **** are people going to be able to control smash on a DS properly? Are they going to plug in a GC controller or something?
3DS.

It's on the 3DS.

The 3DS has a control stick and buttons....

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
Move the circle pad like an analogue stick and press buttons?
3DS.

It's on the 3DS.

The 3DS has a control stick and buttons....
I asked how they were going to be able to control it properly. I realize that this isn't going to be demanding melee-level precision, but it will still be hard on the user holding tiny screens, tiny buttons, an ungainly control stick....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I asked how they were going to be able to control it properly. I realize that this isn't going to be demanding melee-level precision, but it will still be hard on the user holding tiny screens, tiny buttons, an ungainly control stick....
Not really.

The 3DS works just fine.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
The reason everyone's getting frustrated is because the Brawl dojo spoiled us... We were getting quality updates on a daily basis. Almost every update was a new item, piece of music, stage, etc. PLUS pictures and a description.
This is exactly my problem with the new site. After the massive hype train that the Brawl Dojo was, I dared to hope that Nintendo would be smart/awesome enough to duplicate that success a second time. I know I should probably be thankful that the website is sharing anything with us, but I still can't help but feel slighted after the bar was set so high, and what we get instead falls way below it. At least visiting Super Smash Flash 2's Dojo website daily somewhat compensates for the lack of quality updates.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
OMG people

The Brawl dojo hype train did NOTHING but get people disappointed. When people saw the final roster OMG THE AMOUNT OF BUTTHURT WAS RIDICULOUS.

Sakurai has learned from that MISTAKE. I guarantee he wont reveal nearly as many newcomers or features as he did with Brawl. The only surprise Brawl had left at its release was the sheer amount of music in the game, which nobody expected.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
OMG people

The Brawl dojo hype train did NOTHING but get people disappointed. When people saw the final roster OMG THE AMOUNT OF BUTTHURT WAS RIDICULOUS.

Sakurai has learned from that MISTAKE. I guarantee he wont reveal nearly as many newcomers or features as he did with Brawl. The only surprise Brawl had left at its release was the sheer amount of music in the game, which nobody expected.

Agreed 100%.
There's something to be said for holding the cards closer to the chest...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Jesus Christ, the Gamecube controller IS NOT the only way to play Smash Bros. ever.

Get the **** over it.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Boo ****ing hoo, people. Sakurai doesn't even have to be doing this at all. We should be glad we're getting characters as frequently as we are. We haven't gotten any newcomers? Nope, but with the way he's doing newcomers, it'll be worth it when we do.

The game won't even be out until next year, so of course news is going to be slow. With Brawl, the game was planned to come out that year, so it made sense to reveal characters that quickly. This one's coming out next year at the earliest. Put away your unrealistically high expectations and your sense of entitlement and learn some patience rather than getting pissed off about something he's doing because he wants to.

And if that doesn't work, imagine the only information we got was at E3 and the occasional Nintendo Direct. We're getting info more frequently than that, so quit whining.

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
Jesus Christ, the Gamecube controller IS NOT the only way to play Smash Bros. ever.

Get the **** over it.
I don't know, I think the Wii-U pro controller has potential, but the wiimote system for brawl was just atrocious. GC controllers give you a definite amount of control over your character which I haven't found from any other method of input. Trust me, I really tried to play with the wiimote. I really tried to play with the keyboard on dolphin. I tried to play fighters on the DS. They just don't work for me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't know, I think the Wii-U pro controller has potential, but the wiimote system for brawl was just atrocious. GC controllers give you a definite amount of control over your character which I haven't found from any other method of input. Trust me, I really tried to play with the wiimote. I really tried to play with the keyboard on dolphin. I tried to play fighters on the DS. They just don't work for me.
DS # 3DS when it comes to controls. I literally have never had a problem with it being unresponsive, and the controls will work just fine. It'll take a little getting used to, but it really won't be that bad if you give it a chance.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Wiimote only sucks, wiimote + nunchuck is more than decent. I play with them since two years ago as of now.
And I'm sure the Pro Controller will be perfect for his role.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

And then Sakurai went on record to complain about how draining this was for him and ultimately not worth it because of how everything ended up getting spoiled before release anyways. He also said that he wanted to "not say as much this time" was because he wanted to focus more on development which, even with boring updates, is what most of us would prefer anyways. I'm not all that concerned about the current stall because the last stall was broken with two stages and 3 characters in four weeks and the game easily has another 7-8 months before it comes out. We should also keep in mind that Brawl's Dojo was essentially released in the final stages of the game's development when it came about in late May when the game was originally planned to be released in early December, equaling roughly six months of reveals. We've got about 2 more months of 2013 and then, come January, the dam will probably break.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The 3DS button "placement" are pretty similar to the, say, Gamecube controller, only the buttons are a bit smaller, which I doubt would be a problem. I would have to guess that the controls on the 3DS will be the same controls as the GC controls.

Also, people need to get over the little amount of quality photos. While I would at least want to see some Pokeballs, Items, and maybe some updated Final Smashes, what Sakurai is doing is smart. We were spoiled by Brawl's dojo, like what many people said. A very good pic every day really destroyed the hype overall. I think what Sakurai is doing now is a good idea, spacing character reveals is good for hype.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This is pretty off topic....but look at mario's face..

CHILL OUT MARIO DAMN
Where did you take this pic? i don't remember it from any video. Anyway it would be nice if this move was different when done against Bowser only (like in Mario 64). Would be a nice throwback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom