• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know,I wouldn't mind if we had updates about character expressions,I love them!
I hate the fact that so many pics are being dedicated to showing the expressions, but mildly enjoy the fact that they're in the game. It's kind of like that one Brawl in the Family cartoon...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
And then Sakurai went on record to complain about how draining this was for him and ultimately not worth it because of how everything ended up getting spoiled before release anyways. He also said that he wanted to "not say as much this time" was because he wanted to focus more on development which, even with boring updates, is what most of us would prefer anyways.
I remember this too... any chance you guys have links to the interviews where he talked about this?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Jesus Christ, the Gamecube controller IS NOT the only way to play Smash Bros. ever.

Get the **** over it.
If there's anything I've ever agreed with so strongly on this site that wasn't about me and IsmaR agreeing that Miss Fit is sexy as hell, this would be the next best thing. <3

So glad I bought a Classic Controller Pro a year ago so I'd be ready ahead of time. It's honestly better than the Gamecube Controller anyway.

Espio264

Smash Ace
My cousin's girlfriend's third grade teacher's pet monkey's obedience trainer's college roommate works at Namco/Bandai:

This is tomorrow's screenshot:

luigipeach-1.jpg

But really, I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That's odd... My uncle's blacksmith also works for Namco and said that THIS is tomorrow's screenshot:

:troll:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sorry to get a bit off-topic from the confusion that is Luigi, but I'm hoping soon for a pic of a new Pokemon stage. Do you think we would see one soon?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
We haven't seen one at all yet, have we?
No we have not. A bit surprising, but here's hoping we can see one soon!

I'm going to bed. I have a moderately stressful day tomorrow, and I need my wits. I guess we'll see what happens in the morning (Hint: There's a good chance it will be nothing).

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Why anyone expects anything specific is beyond me.
Just stop having any expectations of what he'll post and then when he posts something amazing like a reveal it's actually exciting.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Sorry to get a bit off-topic from the confusion that is Luigi, but I'm hoping soon for a pic of a new Pokemon stage. Do you think we would see one soon?
In the trailer, we saw Pikachu standing on what appeared to be a Pokemon Stadium, but no actual game play of it...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We also saw Link standing in front of what appears to be Hyrule Castle in a location that didn't look like a smash stage at all. I don't imagine the stuff in the trailer is related to actual in-game assets.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We also saw Link standing in front of what appears to be Hyrule Castle in a location that didn't look like a smash stage at all. I don't imagine the stuff in the trailer is related to actual in-game assets.
Yeah, it was probably just for showcase. Samus was also inside the Bottle Ship from Other M in the trailer, but of course it wasn't a generic place in the Bottle Ship that ended up as the Other M stage now that we have the Pyrosphere.

Though I would love to see the butthurt if a black void with a single coin box was a Mario stage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

So here we are, Windy Hill confirmed for WiiU's Sonic stage....
But then what will the 3ds have?

It isn't. It really isn't. Branch out and evolve instead of being stuck in the past, dude. XD

Also, pic.

We are all entitled to our opinion, so we are going to have ti agree to disagree.

So you tellin' me about living in the past, knowing that the company is Nintendo and has been living in the past for about...15 years? Yeah i'll live how I want. I should be learning how to play the game, not the controller, which by the way, none are of the same great quality and ergonomic superiority as the gamecube controller. Pro controller would be much better if it wasn't designed if it was made for a first person shooter.

Hell even Sakurai knows that the Gamecube controller is the best for smash, hence why he made the game around it.

D

Deleted member

I do expect Tails and some of the Frightening 6-or whatever they're called making some cameo appearances.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai sure has a lot of secrets he can't tell yet. Must be tempting as a fellow video game fan.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
We are all entitled to our opinion, so we are going to have ti agree to disagree.

So you tellin' me about living in the past, knowing that the company is Nintendo and has been living in the past for about...15 years? Yeah i'll live how I want. I should be learning how to play the game, not the controller, which by the way, none are of the same great quality and ergonomic superiority as the gamecube controller. Pro controller would be much better if it wasn't designed if it was made for a first person shooter.

Hell even Sakurai knows that the Gamecube controller is the best for smash, hence why he made the game around it.
Fair enough but that last sentence-what? Smash was original made around the 64 controller...because it was on the N64. The controls were then transferred over to the gamecube controller for melee, just like how the controls were transferred over to the wii mote ect. for Brawl, with gamecube control being kept in just because why the hell wouldn't it be if the console also uses gamecube controllers? Seriously he didn't even really remap the buttons for the gamecube, he just took the button layout from the N64 and pasted it onto a Gamecube controller and added the C-stick. And I wouldn't say that qualifies the N64 controller as the best for smash either.

Also Sakurai didn't build smash around any controller because he thought it'd be the best. I could see someone saying x controller is the best controler because the game was built around it (though I don't entirely agree) but the game was built around x controller because x controller was the best? That makes sense for a third party but Sakurai was working for Nintendo, making a game about Nintendo all stars, at a time when Nintendo consoles only had one type of controller. He had no choice in what controller he used for the game.

On topic-The priority clashing effect is pretty cool, though not nearly as cool as the lightning clash you get in Guilty Gear.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
On the last sentence I meant Brawl, but even then, it's still 2 out of 3 smash games that used GC.
But how is Brawl built around the gamecube controller? It's just using the same controls as Melee used before it, and smash 64 before that. It's built like a Smash game, the controller being used is largely inconsequential, as can be seen from the fact that Sakurai kept the same control scheme for melee even though you couldn't use N64 controllers anymore, and it looks to be the same for the new games even though you can't use gamecube controllers anymore. I don't think Sakurai would've made Brawl any differently if using gamecube controllers wasn't an option.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Did you just outright ignore when he said this line here? XD

http://www.gengame.net/2012/08/sakurai-says-the-game-system-for-the-next-smash-bros-is-complete/

As Mr. Sakurai said, “The GameCube controller is not the only way to control Smash Bros., so we will look into ways that fits the Wii U.”

It wasn't built around that controller. You're delusional if you think that. It's not even the primary option in Brawl since the first thing the game recognizes is the Wiimote and/or Nunchuck or whatever else is plugged into it at the time. It's just another option. That is all.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I agree that the Gamecube controller is a great controller for Smash but why are some of you not giving the Wii U Pro controller a chance?

This controller is really comfortable once you get a hold of it, the buttons feel good and are really responsive. As a controller for Smash, the only real difference would be the swapped places for the 'C-stick' and face buttons, other than that I feel that this will be a solid replacement for the Gamecube controller.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Isn't the GC controller the first controller listed in the custom controls menu in Brawl? I know GC controllers have "dibs" on controller ports over Wii Remotes though I've never tried using a Wii Remote when four GC controllers are already plugged in. I think it's fair to say that the GC controller is the standard for Brawl though the game was built to make the other options work. In theory Wii Remote + Nunchuck is actually the best control option, but it's not really a large enough advantage to make up for the pain in the rear end it is to learn (though a handful of tournament players have done so and found success).

Either way, I think it's fair to say that smash 4 will be designed around the options available on the Wii U and that things will work out fine. I'm a bit anxious about learning a new control scheme; I'm really, really bad at playing Brawl even with a classic controller since my muscle memory just begins to fail me when I don't have the "y" configuration of face buttons from the GC controller, but I also like winning so I'm sure I'll find a way to overcome such a personal problem. I'll probably practice in Brawl once we know for sure what the default controls of smash 4 are, and I generally dislike using a tag (IMO it's a very small but real strategic disadvantage to have a permanent arrow pointing to your location) so I'll be making a real effort to play with default controls.

As per the picture of the day, that's a neat clash effect. I wonder if that's common or if it's because Sonic is clashing with a projectile (Mario is obviously throwing a fireball). In general the graphic effects seem really over the top this time; it's going to do a lot to ramp up the spectacle of gameplay.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I agree that the Gamecube controller is a great controller for Smash but why are some of you not giving the Wii U Pro controller a chance?
Because that thing is uncomfortable as hell to hold and the control stick placement is terrible. I already hate 360 controllers so I hate this thing again more.

I'll be sticking with the Classic Controller Pro.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I still say that canonically, Red M would best that Spikehead at pure, physical strength.
You must be one of those people that thinks that Sonic is weak physically because he can run fast.

If so, you need to brush up on your knowledge a bit. XD

But regardless, M vs.S is a stupid debate that died years ago. The two are buds now and have Mega there to make it a trio.

So how about we not go there, eh? :3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Isn't the GC controller the first controller listed in the custom controls menu in Brawl? I know GC controllers have "dibs" on controller ports over Wii Remotes though I've never tried using a Wii Remote when four GC controllers are already plugged in. I think it's fair to say that the GC controller is the standard for Brawl though the game was built to make the other options work.
Gamecube controllers outprioritize Wii Remotes in every game, not only Brawl. Sonic Colors for example. It's just the way the input for the Wii is made. The GC controller is the standard for Brawl though, but I'm glad that it allows other options.

I've never gotten the big fuzz about having to learn a new controller, I even do so willingly from time to time, until I settled on the Classic Controller.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I've spent more time than anyone ever should on character vs. threads in my younger days, and my expert appraisal is that like many game characters, Mario and Sonic's strength classes both fall squarely in the "whatever the hell the director wants it to be at that exact second in time" class.

I mean think about Miyamoto. Do you think that man give's half a charging chuck about whether or not Mario has cannological, consistent level of strength?

If the creator/writers behind a character doesn't care about giving them consistent feats, and the character has been around long enough to develop a large stock of conflicting feats that can't be reconciled and consolidated into a simple stat listing, then trying to use that character in a versus argument without extenuating rules can only lead to horrible places.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I disagree. In that situation, I believe the best thing to do would be to gather the data of each version of the character. Of course, with the amount of games Sonic and Mario have this would take some time, but some people are dedicated to this type of thing. It's a fun way to kill time, that's for sure.

As for why anyone would get their hopes up guessing an update, it's simple. The feeling of calling an update beforehand is pretty sweet, I've called quite a few since Brawl and it's just as exciting for me this time around. When I get a guess wrong, I don't disappoint myself. In fact, I would actually prefer Sakurai to be the troll he is. After all, what fun would it be if he was too predictable?

Definitely loving the visual effects in the game, little things like that tend to have a big effect on the overall feel of the game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom