• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well following the announcement for games and friday is usually the most interesting pictures

And with wii party U coming out tomorrow we might find out if the update is to be able to play as ourselfs (or miis)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Well, when has the hedgehog show feats of strength in his own games?
I think sharp spines going at a very fast speed that can cut through metal can count for Sonic's strength :p

I've spent more time than anyone ever should on character vs. threads in my younger days, and my expert appraisal is that like many game characters, Mario and Sonic's strength classes both fall squarely in the "whatever the hell the director wants it to be at that exact second in time" class.

I mean think about Miyamoto. Do you think that man give's half a charging chuck about whether or not Mario has cannological, consistent level of strength?

If the creator/writers behind a character doesn't care about giving them consistent feats, and the character has been around long enough to develop a large stock of conflicting feats that can't be reconciled and consolidated into a simple stat listing, then trying to use that character in a versus argument without extenuating rules can only lead to horrible places.
I disagree. In that situation, I believe the best thing to do would be to gather the data of each version of the character. Of course, with the amount of games Sonic and Mario have this would take some time, but some people are dedicated to this type of thing. It's a fun way to kill time, that's for sure.
There is Screwattack's Death Battle video series that once did Sonic Vs. Mario that took acount at least most things about them.

As for who the winner was?

Sonic

But none the less was an epic battle

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Because that thing is uncomfortable as hell to hold and the control stick placement is terrible. I already hate 360 controllers so I hate this thing again more.

I'll be sticking with the Classic Controller Pro.
I've got both the Classic Controller and the Pro Controller. I find them both extremely comfortable (probably the Pro more than the classic), but its the other factors that make my decision easy:
  • With the Classic, you gotta carry around a Wii remote with you. Gotta make sure the Wii remote is secure when you are playing (if it falls off your lap or where ever you have it, it can jerk the Classic out of your hands, or at least interrupt your game play).
  • Pro controller is more comfortable (IMO).
  • Pro controller has an 80 hour battery life. Forget having to carry batteries with you to tournaments.
  • Pro controller can be charged from a normal cell phone USB charger. So even if you run out of juice, connect it to your USB charger and a wall outlet.
On topic: I think the new clash looks good. I'm wondering what kind of sounds will accompany it.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I haven't looked into specific details about the variations of Mario & Sonic, but my general knowledge and expansive experience regarding the two characters would lead me to believe that....Sonic would destroy :p There's a few disagreements I have with deathbattle, but I agree with them on this one.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Mario and Sonic confirmed to be clones of eachother.
LOLOLOL. :troll:

I've got both the Classic Controller and the Pro Controller. I find them both extremely comfortable (probably the Pro more than the classic), but its the other factors that make my decision easy:
  • With the Classic, you gotta carry around a Wii remote with you. Gotta make sure the Wii remote is secure when you are playing (if it falls off your lap or where ever you have it, it can jerk the Classic out of your hands, or at least interrupt your game play).
  • Pro controller has an 80 hour battery life. Forget having to carry batteries with you to tournaments.
  • Pro controller can be charged from a normal cell phone USB charger. So even if you run out of juice, connect it to your USB charger and a wall outlet.
On topic: I think the new clash looks good. I'm wondering what kind of sounds will accompany it.
Both the Classic and the Pro are EXTREMELY comfortable, just like you said. I think the Gamecube controler is overrated.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I don't think controller talk belongs here in the slightest.

I find Sakurai's comment to be fairly interesting. He's saying that he can't tell all the details yet. I feel like that could apply to most of the recent pictures in general; we haven't really had many interesting or revealing screenshots in the past few weeks. Mostly just jokes and goofy closeups (which I'm not entirely against), like he's holding off on something.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think controller talk belongs here in the slightest.

I find Sakurai's comment to be fairly interesting. He's saying that he can't tell all the details yet. I feel like that could apply to most of the recent pictures in general; we haven't really had many interesting or revealing screenshots in the past few weeks. Mostly just jokes and goofy closeups (which I'm not entirely against), like he's holding off on something.

Maybe it's a moving stage, or a stage that rotates.

Question... How many months went by before we got a 2nd Brawl trailer, does anybody remember?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Honestly, if this isn't in the Sonic stage, I'll start a fight or something.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
What can the "secret" of Sonic's stage be? I think it might combine classic Sonic The Hedgehog worlds with Sonic Lost World ones...

Question... How many months went by before we got a 2nd Brawl trailer, does anybody remember?
First Brawl trailer (without gameplay footage) came out during E3 2006, 2nd trailer (with gameplay footage) came out 6 months later at Nintendo World.

I'd say this year's E3 trailer was more similar to the Nintendo World trailer than the E3 2006 one.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I agree that the Gamecube controller is a great controller for Smash but why are some of you not giving the Wii U Pro controller a chance?

This controller is really comfortable once you get a hold of it, the buttons feel good and are really responsive. As a controller for Smash, the only real difference would be the swapped places for the 'C-stick' and face buttons, other than that I feel that this will be a solid replacement for the Gamecube controller.
I must admit, I could play on GC, Wii mote and Wii mote-Nun chuck, and I'd have no issue playing on a DS or 3DS, but I couldn't use that. The proportions seem strange and, more importantly, they flipped the buttons/R-Stick, and I just can't deal with that.
It just doesn't seem like a good controller for anything other than a shooter.
EDIT: Zonderion's points are valid, but I'd rather have properly-aligned controls.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Criticises someone for preferring an old controller...

... Prefers an old controller.
The Gamecube controller is more than a decade old.

The CCPro is barely even 3 years old.

The hell are you talking about? XD

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I must admit, I could play on GC, Wii mote and Wii mote-Nun chuck, and I'd have no issue playing on a DS or 3DS, but I couldn't use that. The proportions seem strange and, more importantly, they flipped the buttons/R-Stick, and I just can't deal with that.
It just doesn't seem like a good controller for anything other than a shooter.
EDIT: Zonderion's points are valid, but I'd rather have properly-aligned controls.
I thought it'd be weird too, but it's actually really comfortable. I can't wait to play Smash 4 on it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whether the Wii-Mote is on my leg, in my lap or on the floor, I have no issues using the Classic Controller Pro. (Not the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro. Just to make sure you know the difference since your post doesn't state it. They aren't the same and don't feel the same to use.)

The CCP is definitely more comfortable to hold and it's much lighter.

Battery life? Has no one in this day and age ever heard of rechargeable batteries? XD I have 3 pairs that I can switch between, using one while the other two stay in the charger, and bringing them anywhere with me really isn't that big of a deal.

And it has better placement for the buttons and sticks. Seriously, whoever designed the Wii U Pro needs to be hit over the head with a brick.

So yeah, you and I definitely will never agree here. I think the Wii U Pro controller is a bigger piece of **** than the 360 controller. ¦D

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Please enough with the controller talk. Basically everything in Kapus's post is my opinion also.

I do think an actual rotating stage would be cool. Something we haven't seen, so I enjoy that belief.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Please enough with the controller talk.

No. ¦D

There's nothing interesting or worth talking about from this pic anyway. Just more stupid speculation from trying too hard to read too much into whatever Sakurai said and I'm not falling into that stupidity trap.

I'd rather kill time by bickering about other meaningless things until something interesting happens. ¦D

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Whether the Wii-Mote is on my leg, in my lap or on the floor, I have no issues using the Classic Controller Pro. (Not the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro. Just to make sure you know the difference since your post doesn't state it. They aren't the same and don't feel the same to use.)

The CCP is definitely more comfortable to hold and it's much lighter.

Battery life? Has no one in this day and age ever heard of rechargeable batteries? XD I have 3 pairs that I can switch between, using one while the other two stay in the charger, and bringing them anywhere with me really isn't that big of a deal.

And it has better placement for the buttons and sticks. Seriously, whoever designed the Wii U Pro needs to be hit over the head with a brick.

So yeah, you and I definitely will never agree here. I think the Wii U Pro controller is a bigger piece of **** than the 360 controller. ¦D

Well, I was referencing the Classic Pro, but the points I made still apply to both Classic and the Classic Pro. It all comes down to preference. I no doubt will probably use both when the game first comes out and see which I prefer, but I can get over the adjustment of the right analog stick.

And on other note: If we are allowed to assign controls again (like Brawl) I'm wondering if we can assign an action on the analog sticks' "button". You can push the analog sticks in (like a button) on the Pro but not the CCP. Maybe another slight advantage there.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Please enough with the controller talk. Basically everything in Kapus's post is my opinion also.

I do think an actual rotating stage would be cool. Something we haven't seen, so I enjoy that belief.
That Metroid stage in Melee + Mushroomy Kingdom + Sonic reskin = The New Green Hills Zone
I thought it'd be weird too, but it's actually really comfortable. I can't wait to play Smash 4 on it.
Really? How do you hold it? At an angle? Hands uneven? I would love to not need to by an adapter, but I can't imagine how that stupid R-stick doesn't make it awkward.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Actually, Windy Hill Zone being a rotating stage that moves similar to Mushroomy Kingdom would be really cool. As it rotates, platforms, items, bombs, pitfalled players, dead stamina bodies, anything moves with it as it rotates. For instance, a pitfall is placed. If nobody touches it the first time round, eventually it will come again and somebody is going to end up pitfalled.
GENIUS!

RODO

Smash Ace
Idk why the right stick is such a big deal for a game where the right stick isn't necessary to use. I could see maybe if it were a game where you had to constantly change the camera angle or for fps games. And to add, if controllers had all been made that way to begin with, and then someone made the sticks below the buttons, then people would be complaining about that.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
The hell are you talking about? XD
The fact that you said someone should "branch out and evolve and not be stuck in the past" for preferring the cube controller, then proceeded to state your specific preference for a controller from last generation.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Really? How do you hold it? At an angle? Hands uneven? I would love to not need to by an adapter, but I can't imagine how that stupid R-stick doesn't make it awkward.
I hold it exactly like any other standard controller in the universe? It's seriously like an inch of difference, probably less than that. I actually prefer the stick being on top by now, though I thought it would be weird. Honestly, learning the diamond layout for Smash was harder than adjusting to the stick being on top, and even that wasn't very difficult.

Gamers are so resistant to any change at all. Seriously, try the thing before you start judging it.

RODO

Smash Ace
I hold it exactly like any other standard controller in the universe? It's seriously like an inch of difference, probably less than that. I actually prefer the stick being on top by now, though I thought it would be weird. Honestly, learning the diamond layout for Smash was harder than adjusting to the stick being on top, and even that wasn't very difficult.

Gamers are so resistant to any change at all. Seriously, try the thing before you start judging it.
It looks weird at first but it's the same distance from the face buttons as it always has been. It's just at another angle now.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I use regular classic controller, and gotta say I improved much in smash ever since. (That left stick is just so much better than GC)

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
I love using the GC controller, but it is more than a decade old. I've still never gotten my hands on the Pro Controller yet, but when I first looked at it, I wasn't as disappointed as I was expecting. I could never use the Classic Controller though. It was such a pain.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The fact that you said someone should "branch out and evolve and not be stuck in the past" for preferring the cube controller, then proceeded to state your specific preference for a controller from last generation.
"Last generation" didn't even last that long and is honestly barely even over. Besides, all of the Wii stuff works with the Wii U since it's really just a glorified upgrade to the Wii anyway, so your argument is invalid.

And even then, it's not the fact that they "prefer" it that I'm criticizing. It's the fact that they state it being the best and only option that I'm against. Besides, going with something from barely a couple years back that still has strong relevance in the current time and era while working with the new system versus swearing by something more than a decade old that isn't even going to work properly or officially with the newest addition (or upgrade) to the current system line-up.

Yeah, it's obvious which of the two sounds incredibly silly.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"Last generation" didn't even last that long and is honestly barely even over. Besides, all of the Wii stuff works with the Wii U since it's really just a glorified upgrade to the Wii anyway, so your argument is invalid.

And even then, it's not the fact that they "prefer" it that I'm criticizing. It's the fact that they state it being the best and only option that I'm against. Besides, going with something from barely a couple years back that still has strong relevance in the current time and era while working with the new system versus swearing by something more than a decade old that isn't even going to work properly or officially with the newest addition (or upgrade) to the current system line-up.

Yeah, it's obvious which of the two sounds incredibly silly.
Here, we see a fallacy, and its most tempting impetus in this case: "Because the GameCube controller came before the Classic Controller, it is therefore worse."
A common thought, that somehow time makes things better.
Besides, I can personally guarantee, having heard expert testimony from an array of electrical engineers and a professor of ergonomics, that the GameCube controller stands at the pinnacle of double stick design. Ignoring the fact that double stick is inherently bad for your thumbs aka not ergonomic at all. I totally got that from the leading publications manager of the HF&E. Yep.
See what I did there? I appealed to authority. Another common and silly error. Not only that, but it was compounded by no citation. Sometimes I hnnnngh.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, I don't much care for the N64 stick either. :p
I think anyone who values the skin on their thumbs feels the same way. Especially if they're playing Mario Party. XD

Here, we see a fallacy, and its most tempting impetus in this case: "Because the GameCube controller came before the Classic Controller, it is therefore worse."
Uuuuuh, NO. Whoa there, Monkey.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I think the Classic Controller Pro (Again, being specific because I don't like the normal Classic Controller that much, hence why I got the Pro the begin with in order to replace it and the GCC) is a better controller because of how easy it is to hold, how much more easily the buttons press down, especially the shoulders (ZL and ZR) and how natural it just feels.

It has nothing at all to do with what came first in that regard. That isn't what I said in that last post and if you think I did, you're reading it wrong. Besides, if we were to got hat route, one could argue that the CCPro is just a SNES controller with two joysticks, handles and two more shoulder buttons and is therefore still ancient, albeit an improvement.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can we please drop the controller arguments?? Bring it over to some other thread, but not this one.

Here's the facts: Use what you prefer. Whether person X wants to use controller Y is irrelevant, because it is all preference. :bomb:- Primed and ready for the next person who wants to bring this up again on a Miiverse Daily Smash thread.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can we please drop the controller arguments?? Bring it over to some other thread, but not this one.

Here's the facts: Use what you prefer. Whether person X wants to use controller Y is irrelevant, because it is all preference. :bomb:- Primed and ready for the next person who wants to bring this up again on a Miiverse Daily Smash thread.
We're clearly having calm discussions here. No one is arguing. If you don't like it, try bringing up something interesting that we'd like to take part in.

If you can't, shut up. ¦D

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We're clearly having calm discussions here. No one is arguing. If you don't like it, try bringing up something interesting that we'd like to take part in.

If you can't, shut up. ¦D
Sorry, I forgot to add my :p all throughout. I'm just implying that it seems a bit strange to be talking about controllers in a Pic thread. I was not being serious in any way... but you are right, I need to pay up or shut up. :p

Anyway, in the background of the Battlefield there appears to be a moon... or.. something. Any ideas about WHERE Smash 4 is going on? (Note: Don't take me seriously, I'm just trying to move away from controllers.)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sorry, I forgot to add my :p all throughout. I'm just implying that it seems a bit strange to be talking about controllers in a Pic thread. I was not being serious in any way... but you are right, I need to pay up or shut up. :p

Anyway, in the background of the Battlefield there appears to be a moon... or.. something. Any ideas about WHERE Smash 4 is going on? (Note: Don't take me seriously, I'm just trying to move away from controllers.)
Ah, sorry about that then. No hard feelings. :3

As for your second question, since Brawl has long passed and our heroes and villains have squared off with Exdeath in the Void Tabuu in Subspace, I can only assume that there's some alternate dimension where a collection of places from everyone's respective worlds pops up once every few years for Smash.

Where does this take place? Probably the same place as Wreck-It-Ralph. ¦D

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I think the Classic Controller Pro is a better controller for me because of how easy it is to hold, how much more easily the buttons press down, especially the shoulders (ZL and ZR) and how natural it just feels for me.
Fixed it for you. Because, you know, people tend to have different hand sizes. :laugh:

Seriously though, on that note, GameCube controller supporters should also add how it's "perfect" and "the best" for them, because there's clearly people who think otherwise.

Here's the facts: Use what you prefer. Whether person X wants to use controller Y is irrelevant, because it is all preference.
And that's pretty much all that needs to be said about this ever. :colorful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom