• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Well following the announcement for games and friday is usually the most interesting pictures

And with wii party U coming out tomorrow we might find out if the update is to be able to play as ourselfs (or miis)

Well, I checked on Wikipedia, so it may be wrong, but doesn't Wii Party U come out on Halloween in Japan? I think we'd know by then, not tomorrow. I think Windwaker HD had the same situation, coming out in America before Japan.

And I've noticed there's so much controller talk, did anyone even stop to notice how freaking amazing this picture is. This is in my opinion, one of the best pics we've ever got.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah, sorry about that then. No hard feelings. :3

As for your second question, since Brawl has long passed and our heroes and villains have squared off with Exdeath in the Void Tabuu in Subspace, I can only assume that there's some alternate dimension where a collection of places from everyone's respective worlds pops up once every few years for Smash.

Where does this take place? Probably the same place of Wreck-It-Ralph. ¦D
Interesting... I like it. In fact, I'm working on a theory...

The Nintendo.png

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Fixed it for you. Because, you know, people tend to have different hand sizes. :laugh:

Seriously though, on that note, GameCube controller supporters should also add how it's "perfect" and "the best" for them, because there's clearly people who think otherwise.

And that's pretty much all that needs to be said about this ever. :colorful:
**** what everyone else thinks. I'm talking about what me and the other sane people like me believe! =D

In a more serious note, we can talk and preach that humanity needs to accept that other people think and feel differently than them and that we should be accepting of other opinions so we can all be at peace. It is true. It is what we should do...But let's face the truth here people:

That's NEVER gonna happen. Humanity loves conflict too much for that to ever work in anything ever. That's why I've given up on even trying to stand on that ground. It gets you nowhere and you end up saying nothing that has any value to anyone because of it. XD

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Ha ha, well that's one way of putting it.

I'm a fan of the cube controller myself and am kinda worried about how I'll play Smash 4 with other controllers... and I think I'm sane. At least that's what my shrink said after the last treatment. :lick:

ANYWHO... do you guys think tomorrow's pic will be something special or will we have a mostly uneventful week?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, I checked on Wikipedia, so it may be wrong, but doesn't Wii Party U come out on Halloween in Japan? I think we'd know by then, not tomorrow. I think Windwaker HD had the same situation, coming out in America before Japan.

And I've noticed there's so much controller talk, did anyone even stop to notice how freaking amazing this picture is. This is in my opinion, one of the best pics we've ever got.
Oh your right i thought it was a world release date

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So anyway, i wonder what will happen if Mii is confirmed. If he/she is confirmed i hope Sakurai makes it fun to use.
It would be an "it". I would like them, especially if they use moves related to their games (something with the cows in Wii Party, or Party U).
I mean, why not. It would be instant fun.

Also: SakuraiMii pics on the Smash site doing silly stuff

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
You never know with Sakurai. Part of me is expecting a pic with Yvetal behind Pikachu and a caption saying, "We STILL have nothing to announce regarding Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. So please stop asking!"

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You never know with Sakurai. Part of me is expecting a pic with Yvetal behind Pikachu and a caption saying, "We STILL have nothing to announce regarding Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. So please stop asking!"
Replace "STILL" with "REALLY," and I would cry tears of wonder and joy if Sakurai actually does that.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hope something is reveled today so we can stop discussing stupid controllers

Networker1

Smash Journeyman

[/url][/IMG]
Let's talk about the pic of the day then. :)

1. The only real rectilinear shape, because of its uniqueness, it stands out, and follows rthe rule of thirds

2. Large semi-transparent object in the center helps link the two figures as well as provide the sense of motion

3. Repetition of color patterns, though with reversed emphasis

4. Higher contrast background on the side with less emphasis in the middle ground balances the piece

5. Consistent texture across the lower foreground in the picture plane adds a further sense of balance

6. The hand is almost at a perfect third, and is the farthest right part of the figure, thus causing some tension

7. Balanced right side with its low textured background and subtle middle ground piece

Edit: image won't work, should I use BBcode or HTML??
Re-Edit: neither are working... I'll just upload it as a file, though for future reference I'd like to know how to do it like most people do

Attachments

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I'm hoping the clashing SFX are more unique this time around like the awesome sword clashing sound in Melee. As for the Sonic stage, if it does revolve, i'm expecting it to not be like that god awful Brinstar Depths stage, so many SDs and matches lost from that stage.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
100th already eh? Time flies by...

Overall, this week was alright. Some nice pictures, some boring ones. Hopefully things'll pick up next week. See you all on Monday! ...Or Sunday night.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh. My. God.

Sakurai is the most evil genius of a man.

I can't even be mad because at this point he's basically The Joker and we're the city of Gotham without a Batman.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149

Meh... Idk what else to really say bout this one.

Sakurai is definitely teasing Little Mac, considering it is the anniversary of Punch-Out in Japan. First of all, just look at the damn stage, Punch-Out Boxing Ring much? Secondly, "I'd like to introduce..." we all know how he wants to end that sentence, but he's saving it for a later time. And this picture is celebrating the 100th picture? I don't think that's all it's celebrating here.

Guys, this is the closest Sakurai will get besides actually revealing him to tell us Little Mac is confirmed.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's totally not that Sakurai is a normal guy who goes about his usual business while keeping a lid on things because Ninty said so.

Or to make reverse-anti-hype. Or maybe that this fanbase is just THAT bored.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Aha! I predicted correctly, it's Friday! I've got you figured out, Sakurai! I know your next update will be on... Monday!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai is definitely teasing Little Mac, considering it is the anniversary of Punch-Out in Japan. First of all, just look at the damn stage, Punch-Out Boxing Ring much? Secondly, "I'd like to introduce..." we all know how he wants to end that sentence, but he's saving it for a later time. And this picture is celebrating the 100th picture? I don't think that's all it's celebrating here.

Guys, this is the closest Sakurai will get besides actually revealing him to tell us Little Mac is confirmed.
Eh, I really think it's just a joke. The stage has been in quite a lot of pictures by now. I don't think it's hinting at anything, sometimes things are just what they seem.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Eh, I really think it's just a joke. The stage has been in quite a lot of pictures by now. I don't think it's hinting at anything, sometimes things are just what they seem.

I'm sure you're right, but you have to admit that even acknowledging it as the 100th pic and showing something so mundane gives off the vibe that he might throw out a "Here's a REAL pic of the day!" later, like he did with Sonic. Not super likely, but I could see it happening.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm sure you're right, but you have to admit that even acknowledging it as the 100th pic and showing something so mundane gives off the vibe that he might throw out a "Here's a REAL pic of the day!" later, like he did with Sonic. Not super likely, but I could see it happening.
The "REAL" pic of the day events usually only happen when there's a Direct later on in the day. It's probably just Sakurai goofing around because he has nothing to announce, which is just like him.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149

You can take it as you will. Personally, I think that this is a really obvious tease at Little Mac, because the comment and the picture is just too close to what we expected. I'm not saying coincidences don't exist, but this is simply not one. You guys can argue with me all you like, but really, my mind has been made up on the matter.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
The "REAL" pic of the day events usually only happen when there's a Direct later on in the day. It's probably just Sakurai goofing around because he has nothing to announce, which is just like him.

He did it with Peach. Not that anyone was expecting she wouldn't be back or anything, so it wasn't a big surprise, but there's precedent.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He did it with Peach. Not that anyone was expecting she wouldn't be back or anything, so it wasn't a big surprise, but there's precedent.
Nah, Peach was revealed in a regular pic of the day, not later on the day. I remember spamming F5 like I usually do around upload time just to have Peach in my face.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Aha! I predicted correctly, it's Friday! I've got you figured out, Sakurai! I know your next update will be on... Monday!
Angelglory? Jesus, I haven't seen you in ages! XD

The hell are you doing here? Halloween is coming up. Shouldn't you be getting ready to slaughter children and yelling at Shadowlink for putting a the end of a game you haven't played yet in the Palooza? ¦D

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Yeah boy now this is what I want to see. I figured sakurai had been doing acid or something with all of these dumbass daily pictures but im so glad it looks like hes retained his good taste. Well done sakurai, hopefully we get to see more of this in the future

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is it just me or have most of the pics this week been very... trollish? A ton of people started calling him a troll last week and he might have taken it as a compliment seeing how this week's updates turned out.

Monday: "Can't hear the sound? It's just a picture, what would you expect?" :troll:

Wednesday: "Megaman has a Pikachu shaped growth on his back; ain't that somethin'?" :troll:

Thursday: "I know everything that's in the game and you don't. Doesn't that just irritate you to no end?" :troll:

Friday: "Expecting something big? Here's a picture of Luigi playing with his nose instead." :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think Sakurai simply doesn't have anything to reveal just yet, or maybe he can't, and so he prefers having fun like this instead. He is obviously trolling at some times.

Better this than having the entire game spoiled before it even comes out like happened with Brawl anyway.
I would take a random match 1vs1 a month rather than pictures and 20 seconds of footage twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom